Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Email 09:43 - Mar 31 with 8362 viewsNeath_Jack

Dear Number 1 Planet Swans Poster,

Before we close the curtain on yet another international break, we'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate both Connor Roberts and Oli McBurnie on their senior international debuts. Now we turn our attention to Old Trafford and the first of eight huge Premier League games which we all hope will lead to the Great Escape mark 2 ! It's going to be another rollercoaster ride for Swans fans and our best wishes go to Carlos Carvalhal and the playing squad.

Best wishes

The Swans Trust Team

Communications

We have recently set up a sub-group of the Trust Board which is reviewing the way we communicate with members. The sub-group is currently looking at various aspects of communication, including how we can make better use of social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. There is a separate item below on our new, members only Facebook group and we will be providing more details of other ideas the communications sub group is currently working on over the next few weeks.

However we can assure you that our regular emails to members will continue to be a key method of communication. We realise that not everyone uses Facebook and other, similar platforms so any increase in the use of social media in Trust related issues will also need to be integrated within both our regular email updates and our www.swanstrust.co.uk website which is also being reviewed by our sub-group.

If there are specific ideas, features or topics that you would like to see included or have any other views on communication please get in touch with us via communications@swanstrust.co.uk

Swans Trust - Members Only Facebook Group

A reminder to join our new, members only, Facebook group. The original Trust Facebook group has a large membership from all over the world, the vast majority of whom are not Trust members. While we do not want to lose the opportunity to engage with such large numbers we are conscious that the group has become difficult to manage. We very much appreciate the efforts of the current moderators but feel that an additional, members only group might allow a more focused discussion around topics of particular interest to Trust members.

The original group will continue but if you wish to join the new members only Facebook group you can do so at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Trustmembers/

Ownership Consortium

You will be aware of various media reports in recent weeks about the make up of the consortium which owns the majority share of Swansea City through the American based private company, Swansea Football LLC. As a significant shareholder in Swansea City FC, the Trust has asked the club to confirm who the members of the consortium are.

The Trust is of course aware that Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien are significant shareholders along with Romie Chaudhari and Robert Hernreich, both of whom are directors on the board of Swansea City. The club has however refused to confirm who the other members of the owning consortium are, stating that the minority investor members have not provided approval to make public their private investment.The club describes them as private and passive investors with no operational control or influence in the affairs of the Football Club.

While it appears that Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien have the day to day authority to make operational decisions regarding the club on behalf of the consortium, the Trust has no knowledge of any parameters they may have been set or the limit of their authority. The Trust cannot independently verify the details of the consortium or the decision making structure. However, given the other important matters we are progressing relating to the Trust’s shareholding, we do not intend to pursue this further at this stage.

New on-demand coach travel to the Liberty

Have you used the new on-demand coach service to home Swans games ? We are only a couple of matches into the new initiative but we are keen to get initial feedback from any members who have used it. If you could spare just a couple of minutes to complete our survey this would be appreciated - Click here to access the survey.

If you have any other comments/suggestions on matchday travel please forward them to us at consultation@swanstrust.co.uk

Don't Forget

As well as the Facebook group mentioned above you can also follow the Swans Trust on Twitter @swanstrust

You can have a chat to members of the Trust Board on match days at the Trust pod at the Liberty Stadium — there is someone from the Trust at the pod for at least an hour up to 30 minutes before kick-off.

You can also contact the Trust by clicking the contact link at the top of this email.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Trust Email on 09:54 - Mar 31 with 3669 viewsSTID2017

Re the on demand coach service.
Imo it is too expensive, leaves yoo early and picks up in too few places
I drive myself but would love not t.
It's a good start though

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Trust Email on 10:29 - Mar 31 with 3615 viewsmax936

If you're not on Twitter or Facebook you're out of the loop then?

Other than that its a decent communicating mail which has obviously been improved due to the new members pushing the case for better communication to its members.
Well done to them.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Trust Email on 10:45 - Mar 31 with 3601 viewsMattG

Trust Email on 10:29 - Mar 31 by max936

If you're not on Twitter or Facebook you're out of the loop then?

Other than that its a decent communicating mail which has obviously been improved due to the new members pushing the case for better communication to its members.
Well done to them.

And yet barely a mention of the Share Sale / Legal Action - I saw the email land in my Inbox earlier and assumed that's what it would be about. I know as well as most that these things move slowly but we were initially promised an update in February and it's April tomorrow - at the very least there should have been an acknowledgement of the delay and a new timescale put on it.

Regarding the ownership structure, the Trust have been asking for clarity on this since at least the time I joined over a year ago but this is not mentioned - it reads as if it's just something that has only just been thought about off the back of recent press coverage which is definitely not the case. Also, surely the ongoing refusal on the part of the Club to provide any details could be portrayed as being at the very least "disappointing" if not actually "concerning"?

Progress, yes, but only up to a point.
Trust Email on 10:49 - Mar 31 with 3595 viewsmonmouth

Trust Email on 10:45 - Mar 31 by MattG

And yet barely a mention of the Share Sale / Legal Action - I saw the email land in my Inbox earlier and assumed that's what it would be about. I know as well as most that these things move slowly but we were initially promised an update in February and it's April tomorrow - at the very least there should have been an acknowledgement of the delay and a new timescale put on it.

Regarding the ownership structure, the Trust have been asking for clarity on this since at least the time I joined over a year ago but this is not mentioned - it reads as if it's just something that has only just been thought about off the back of recent press coverage which is definitely not the case. Also, surely the ongoing refusal on the part of the Club to provide any details could be portrayed as being at the very least "disappointing" if not actually "concerning"?

I was going to be quite scathing about it, as only one thing matters and there is just the w*nky hint, but then I thought what’s the point? The whole thing is dead. Killed by retired arseholes and cowardly placemen.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Email on 11:04 - Mar 31 with 3569 viewsmax936

Not gonna argue with any of that, very good points there Matt.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Trust Email on 15:45 - Mar 31 with 3445 viewsPhil_S

Assumed we would be having the forum now that was promised in February. Assume that it is now on hold for fear of upsetting Levien and Kaplan.

Passive. Way too passive.
Trust Email on 17:30 - Mar 31 with 3364 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 15:45 - Mar 31 by Phil_S

Assumed we would be having the forum now that was promised in February. Assume that it is now on hold for fear of upsetting Levien and Kaplan.

Passive. Way too passive.

The second assumption isn’t true in this case

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Email on 19:07 - Mar 31 with 3292 viewsPhil_S

Trust Email on 17:30 - Mar 31 by exiledclaseboy

The second assumption isn’t true in this case

Fair enough but the need to have a members forum is well overdue even if it is just to answer the questions on what is happening
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Email on 19:17 - Mar 31 with 3283 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 19:07 - Mar 31 by Phil_S

Fair enough but the need to have a members forum is well overdue even if it is just to answer the questions on what is happening

I agree.

Trust Email on 01:21 - Apr 1 with 3167 viewswhiterock

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erick_Thohir#Chairman_of_Inter_Milan

Wouldn’t mind betting this chaps involved
Trust Email on 19:21 - Apr 1 with 2979 viewsQJumpingJack

The Americans don't want to reveal the investors.
Do they not realise most of the investors are boasting about it on social media in their biographies and some have even gone on Network Television recently to discuss the Swans eg Mindy King.

And the BBC revealed names recently so why don't the Americans confirm it?

Something is not adding up here.
Trust Email on 19:33 - Apr 1 with 2961 viewsLoyal

Trust Email on 19:21 - Apr 1 by QJumpingJack

Do they not realise most of the investors are boasting about it on social media in their biographies and some have even gone on Network Television recently to discuss the Swans eg Mindy King.

It doesnt surprise me that the underhanded sale continues with an underhanded barring of information, truth, failure to answer questions and overall disrespect for the real people who keep SCFC alive.
The fans.

Heres an idea, supporters trust all of you resign, make a stand, do it publicly, an across the board vote of absolute no confidence in these people who fail to disclose information. You all say you are not protecting your own interests...So what does it matter, bring this situation and the yanks to their fcking knees. FFS We don't even know who owns the club, who invests if at all and what they get from it.

GO ON TRUST, PUT THAT WORD FIRST ..... Trust - AND GET SOME BACK.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 19:34]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Trust Email on 19:35 - Apr 1 with 2952 viewsDarran

Trust Email on 19:21 - Apr 1 by QJumpingJack

Kaling.

Just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Email on 19:44 - Apr 1 with 2923 viewsmonmouth

Trust Email on 19:33 - Apr 1 by Loyal

It doesnt surprise me that the underhanded sale continues with an underhanded barring of information, truth, failure to answer questions and overall disrespect for the real people who keep SCFC alive.
The fans.

Heres an idea, supporters trust all of you resign, make a stand, do it publicly, an across the board vote of absolute no confidence in these people who fail to disclose information. You all say you are not protecting your own interests...So what does it matter, bring this situation and the yanks to their fcking knees. FFS We don't even know who owns the club, who invests if at all and what they get from it.

GO ON TRUST, PUT THAT WORD FIRST ..... Trust - AND GET SOME BACK.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 19:34]

A number of them clearly are protecting their own pathetic small minded positions ‘look at me mummy, in the directors box, mummy look, look how important I am, MUMMY LOOK’

Vivvy Dogs Arse, Vivvy B, Chairman Lewis. Shush McDonald, Retired Nobody Place-men, prove it ain’t so. Go on. G’wan, G’wan, G’wan, G’wan, G’wan, G’wan, G’wan.

Or just piss off.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 19:45]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Email on 20:02 - Apr 1 with 2885 viewsswancity

It wasnt unusual and may be still is happening for fooking Trust Board members to watch a game from the Directors Box with their wife / partner / bum chum ( delete as appropriate ). It's simply wrong. May be that was after a nice three course meal with wine no doubt all free of charge.

And this was still happening after the shyte hit the fan.

It seems many normal fans have become bored by it all. Fed up of it. Can't stand the way that it's all unfolded and yet the people who should be confronting it are doing nothing. Fook all. Something to fill in a few hours of retired life. No stress needed, they didn't do it to be stressed, they give up their time mun.

This is my advice to anyone from the Trust Board who might read this:
Do something constructive or resign. Now.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust Email on 20:13 - Apr 1 with 2869 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 20:02 - Apr 1 by swancity

It wasnt unusual and may be still is happening for fooking Trust Board members to watch a game from the Directors Box with their wife / partner / bum chum ( delete as appropriate ). It's simply wrong. May be that was after a nice three course meal with wine no doubt all free of charge.

And this was still happening after the shyte hit the fan.

It seems many normal fans have become bored by it all. Fed up of it. Can't stand the way that it's all unfolded and yet the people who should be confronting it are doing nothing. Fook all. Something to fill in a few hours of retired life. No stress needed, they didn't do it to be stressed, they give up their time mun.

This is my advice to anyone from the Trust Board who might read this:
Do something constructive or resign. Now.

My view is that the Trust shouldn’t be in the directors’ box anymore. It’s not a view shared by many on the board although there are some that agree.

Trust Email on 20:28 - Apr 1 with 2836 viewsswancity

Trust Email on 20:13 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

My view is that the Trust shouldn’t be in the directors’ box anymore. It’s not a view shared by many on the board although there are some that agree.

That's not a surprise. The useless prats love it. It's one of the perks of the job mun.

Can you bring this up at your next meeting. Tell them to step away from it. And then can you ask the meeting to review the precise reasons for the Trust existence. As it seems they have forgotten...

Trust Email on 20:36 - Apr 1 with 2819 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 20:28 - Apr 1 by swancity

That's not a surprise. The useless prats love it. It's one of the perks of the job mun.

Can you bring this up at your next meeting. Tell them to step away from it. And then can you ask the meeting to review the precise reasons for the Trust existence. As it seems they have forgotten...

The issue of trust representation in the directors’ box has been discussed a number of times in the relatively short time I’ve been on the board. Raising it again will make little difference. They all know my view.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 20:45]

Trust Email on 20:49 - Apr 1 with 2793 viewsLoyal

Trust Email on 20:36 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

The issue of trust representation in the directors’ box has been discussed a number of times in the relatively short time I’ve been on the board. Raising it again will make little difference. They all know my view.

Put a motion forward that everyone resigns as a gesture that the majority share holders can't be trusted ..... Not transparent enough.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Trust Email on 20:50 - Apr 1 with 2785 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 20:49 - Apr 1 by Loyal

Put a motion forward that everyone resigns as a gesture that the majority share holders can't be trusted ..... Not transparent enough.

What would a complete resignation of the entire trust board achieve do you reckon? I’d imagine the owners would be delighted.

Trust Email on 20:52 - Apr 1 with 2772 viewsPhil_S

Trust Email on 20:36 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

Was discussed often whilst I was there too - shared your view but many believed it was "earned" and should be taken

Much like attendance at the weekly press conference its just taking what can be got I feel now
Trust Email on 20:55 - Apr 1 with 2763 viewsswancity

Trust Email on 20:50 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

What would a complete resignation of the entire trust board achieve do you reckon? I’d imagine the owners would be delighted.

Delighted? Not really. They will then hopefully see a new group of like minded people who are prepared to challenge things. Unlike the current ( collective noun for easily led load) of dinosaurs.

Trust Email on 20:56 - Apr 1 with 2757 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 20:52 - Apr 1 by Phil_S

Was discussed often whilst I was there too - shared your view but many believed it was "earned" and should be taken

Much like attendance at the weekly press conference its just taking what can be got I feel now

I didn’t know that we (as in the Trust board) were entitled to be at the weekly press conference?

Trust Email on 20:58 - Apr 1 with 2753 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 20:55 - Apr 1 by swancity

Delighted? Not really. They will then hopefully see a new group of like minded people who are prepared to challenge things. Unlike the current ( collective noun for easily led load) of dinosaurs.

Would there though? Be anew group of like minded people who are prepared to challenge things and willing to step up? Would be great if there was cos there are elections coming up.

Trust Email on 21:02 - Apr 1 with 2731 viewsPhil_S

Trust Email on 20:56 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

I didn’t know that we (as in the Trust board) were entitled to be at the weekly press conference?

When the takeover first happened there was a desire for someone to be there to see what/if anything was being said that should be known

Now I think it is just taken to have a cuppa tea and a prawn sandwich and cake and be just generally nosey
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024