Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. 21:06 - Mar 31 with 6288 viewsTheResurrection

I've seen some moaning about the first half but that was our game plan, to contain, but not just that, that WAS our best chance to get anything from the game.

Unfortunately for us we caught Man U on a going day and they were clinical early doors. Their first goal was just a good goal, no nit picking needed for that one although they did get a bit of luck with the finish. The second goal was a bit sloppy but it came after we'd opted to try and get in the game a bit more.

I said to the Mrs after that it was always unlikely we were going to get anything from this game anyway, and the best we could hope for was to try and get on the ball more and see if we could play our way into the game to take into next week.

And that's just what we did, albeit I didn't expect Tammy and Carroll to have such impressive halves, and that's another positive to take out of today. Carroll was excellent when he came on at Newcastle and I thought he was again today. I wouldn't start him next week, although I don't know how Clucas and Ki will be, but he's a decent option to come on a bit more fired up.

I know United were pretty comfortable all game, I'm not making our performance to be anything different than it was, but it will have done the players good to have come off the pitch with a decent second half showing, and let's face it, we probably deserved a goal.

The other thing I have noted is Carlos has taken our foot off the gas in the last 2 games, I feel. That's Spurs in the Cup and today. I feel he's used them to just get by knowing there's truer battles ahead.

This starts all this week in training in readiness for Saturday. You will see us all guns blazing next week i'm guessing.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 21:29 - Mar 31 with 3107 viewsWxmJax

That first goal doesn't go in if it's not deflected. Made it a lot easier for them scoring so early.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 21:34 - Mar 31 with 3082 viewslifelong

I thought we were very poor in the first half, our midfield was virtually non existent, Nathan was dreadful and we were lucky not to concede at least 4 goals. We were better in the second half due to the substitutions made.
Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 21:35 - Mar 31 with 3074 viewsMedici

So good to see a deeply considered opinion about football related stuff.

The application. spirit, intent and desire esp 2nd half is to be applauded. Carroll's impact was telling; a Britton-esque contribution.

A welcome change from the usual inane lightweight chatter.

Can anybody recommend a truly football-related Swansea fc site ?
Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 21:46 - Mar 31 with 3037 viewsploppy

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 21:29 - Mar 31 by WxmJax

That first goal doesn't go in if it's not deflected. Made it a lot easier for them scoring so early.

And the second goal doesn't go in if Fernandez doesn't get a toe to the through ball and cause VdH to miss it.
Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 21:48 - Mar 31 with 3032 viewsTheResurrection

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 21:34 - Mar 31 by lifelong

I thought we were very poor in the first half, our midfield was virtually non existent, Nathan was dreadful and we were lucky not to concede at least 4 goals. We were better in the second half due to the substitutions made.

You can call it poor if you like but when your tactics are to just contain you're not going to see expansive waves of attacks or even getting on the front foot.

The gaffer had a decision to make before the game as to what his tactics were going to be and unfortunately for you, they weren't likely to be to get at them. That would have been our least likely option in getting anything from the game.

It's not poor, it is what it is...

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 21:49 - Mar 31 with 3022 viewsTheResurrection

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 21:46 - Mar 31 by ploppy

And the second goal doesn't go in if Fernandez doesn't get a toe to the through ball and cause VdH to miss it.

Precisely, that second deflection took it right into the stride of Alexis.

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 21:58 - Mar 31 with 2997 viewsMedici

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 21:34 - Mar 31 by lifelong

1st half - youre right we werent at our best. Yet Liverpool struggled there too most recently

As many many top sides have. Maybe some perspective is required.

Makes us laugh how so many now expect so much.

FFS we lost away to Man U
Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 22:01 - Mar 31 with 2981 viewslifelong

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 21:48 - Mar 31 by TheResurrection

You can call it poor if you like but when your tactics are to just contain you're not going to see expansive waves of attacks or even getting on the front foot.

The gaffer had a decision to make before the game as to what his tactics were going to be and unfortunately for you, they weren't likely to be to get at them. That would have been our least likely option in getting anything from the game.

It's not poor, it is what it is...

It was obvious what the tactics were going to be and I had no problem with that, we just constantly gave the ball away in that first half, our tackling was terrible, we put no pressure on them and they had the freedom of the park.
Better in the second half, as I said.
Login to get fewer ads

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 22:03 - Mar 31 with 2975 viewsmonmouth

I’ve already forgotten about it. Next week is the acid test and all that matters now. All will be stripped away by next weeks tactics and performance. We are still well in the shit, and we need to win at least two games to get ourselves out of it. Away at a relegated team with no confidence that hasn’t won since the ice age means we simply have to have some balls and get a grip of them.

I’m starting to get a little jittery about injuries now, and by god we could do with the other Ayew. I still think 100% we’ll make it but I want to see some conviction that we want to win next week.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 22:03 - Mar 31 with 2975 viewsWxmJax

Was trying to watch the game again on Sky to see that save and the bloody things gone off on Flawless. I thought Madeley gave them a very soft free kick just after from Fernandez to relieve the pressure but yet to see it again. Didn't seem to have any belief first half today.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 22:20 - Mar 31 with 2931 viewsTheResurrection

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 22:03 - Mar 31 by WxmJax

Was trying to watch the game again on Sky to see that save and the bloody things gone off on Flawless. I thought Madeley gave them a very soft free kick just after from Fernandez to relieve the pressure but yet to see it again. Didn't seem to have any belief first half today.

I couldn't believe that one but it was in keeping with the rest of his gutless performance. A proper Man U ref and the standard in this country is absolutely diabolical.

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 22:32 - Mar 31 with 2884 viewsjackrabbit

The OP is a very fair assessment - totally agree.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2018 22:33]
Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 23:03 - Mar 31 with 2817 viewsSTID2017

Good post.
Felt we were unlucky with the deflection for the first goal, but it was always going to be a tough ask.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 23:11 - Mar 31 with 2797 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Probably one of the worst first half performances of the season on par with all the rest of them .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 23:35 - Mar 31 with 2752 viewsploppy

Just watching on MoTD. In the build up to the first goal, I couldn't believe the number of white shirts in the box. About 4 of them were within a few yards of Sanchez before he laid it off. Poor defending.
Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 23:46 - Mar 31 with 2710 viewsTenbySwan

Looking at the number of empty seats at the Hawthorns on MOTD there will be plenty of seats in the home end next week!
Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 00:00 - Apr 1 with 2679 viewsTheResurrection

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 23:35 - Mar 31 by ploppy

Just watching on MoTD. In the build up to the first goal, I couldn't believe the number of white shirts in the box. About 4 of them were within a few yards of Sanchez before he laid it off. Poor defending.

The main trouble with the out and out contain tactics is you need a bit of luck early on. When you've decided to set up to face wave after wave of attacks those early ones map out the rest of the game more often than not.

It's like a batsman first going in, you've got to get your eye in, and you'll see some whizzing too close to your outside stump, you may be lucky to get one dropped, but the longer you're in there, the more frustrated the bowlers get and you've got better chances at scoring high.

The last thing you need is a deflection spinning up into the top corner after 3 minutes. We didn't get that chance to get our "eye in" and settle into the groove of defending.

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 00:12 - Apr 1 with 2649 viewsDippy

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 00:00 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

The main trouble with the out and out contain tactics is you need a bit of luck early on. When you've decided to set up to face wave after wave of attacks those early ones map out the rest of the game more often than not.

It's like a batsman first going in, you've got to get your eye in, and you'll see some whizzing too close to your outside stump, you may be lucky to get one dropped, but the longer you're in there, the more frustrated the bowlers get and you've got better chances at scoring high.

The last thing you need is a deflection spinning up into the top corner after 3 minutes. We didn't get that chance to get our "eye in" and settle into the groove of defending.

It could've been 3-4 nil within 30 minutes.. Man Utd parked the bus after half time.

Tom Carroll always looks good when he passes the ball sideways and back to the defence when under no pressure..

I'm not sure why you give this relatively poor Swansea team so much credit.. we've been dogsh*t hence our flailing position.. we're just lucky other teams are worse than us.

Poll: Cooper Out

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 00:28 - Apr 1 with 2616 viewsTheResurrection

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 00:12 - Apr 1 by Dippy

It could've been 3-4 nil within 30 minutes.. Man Utd parked the bus after half time.

Tom Carroll always looks good when he passes the ball sideways and back to the defence when under no pressure..

I'm not sure why you give this relatively poor Swansea team so much credit.. we've been dogsh*t hence our flailing position.. we're just lucky other teams are worse than us.

It could have been 2-2 after 60 minutes as well. That's football, and especially football agains the giants of the game.

Tom Carroll was pinging them all over the park today, thought it was Paul Scholes out there for a minute.

And give my team credit? Yeah, I'll do that. You just keep chopping and changing your username. Sheep. Mehhh.

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 00:43 - Apr 1 with 2584 viewsDippy

We have a squad who cost more than Sevilla..

But you keep on banging that drum.. Dyer, Routledge, Abraham, Carroll

Muriel, Navas, Ben Yedder, Correa earn the same as these pillocks.

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 00:47 - Apr 1 with 2574 viewsLoyal

Jesus fck Chris, you make me smile at times.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 00:53 - Apr 1 with 2561 viewsDippy

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 00:47 - Apr 1 by Loyal

Jesus fck Chris, you make me smile at times.

You could take a neutral partial football fan to one of our games..

point at Tom Carroll.

Me - what do you think of him"
N - "not much there is it"..
Me - "40k a week"

Point at all of them..

"40k a week average out there"

N - Who runs this place? Are they all on some serious drugs? Etc.

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 01:09 - Apr 1 with 2533 viewsTheResurrection

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 00:43 - Apr 1 by Dippy

We have a squad who cost more than Sevilla..

But you keep on banging that drum.. Dyer, Routledge, Abraham, Carroll

Muriel, Navas, Ben Yedder, Correa earn the same as these pillocks.

Are you that thick to start comparing team for team in different countries?

The Spanish like to stay in Spain, the South Americans like to move to Spain, technically gifted players like to move to Spain.

This is the English league, son. You may as well compare your facking arse and your elbow.

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 01:11 - Apr 1 with 2529 viewsTheResurrection

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 00:53 - Apr 1 by Dippy

You could take a neutral partial football fan to one of our games..

point at Tom Carroll.

Me - what do you think of him"
N - "not much there is it"..
Me - "40k a week"

Point at all of them..

"40k a week average out there"

N - Who runs this place? Are they all on some serious drugs? Etc.

Are you a facking tele tubby that can't even spell his own name?

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 01:14 - Apr 1 with 2526 viewsDippy

Decent performance overall and one to take into the big one next week. on 01:09 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

Are you that thick to start comparing team for team in different countries?

The Spanish like to stay in Spain, the South Americans like to move to Spain, technically gifted players like to move to Spain.

This is the English league, son. You may as well compare your facking arse and your elbow.

Football is a global game.. it's not 1800s England where pigs guts were being punted around.

We all know Huw is paying you off.. but I'm not surprised he's forking out for average talent like T2C.. it's the mark of the man.. he stinks of averageness, sloppiness and gutless characteristics.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024