Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst away ground experience in the premier league 12:59 - Apr 1 with 3247 viewsWxmJax

Has to be Old Trafford. There were hundreds trying to get in at 3pm. You get searched not once but twice, then with 10 minutes to go, an announcement inviting us to stay behind after the game until the home fans disperse. Cue Swansea fans heading for the exit as they have a long enough return journey without being held back in the stadium. The view is excellent but they're just crap at the rest of it. Doesn't happen anywhere else.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 13:01 - Apr 1 with 3227 viewsNeath_Jack

They play the best music in British football.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 13:15 - Apr 1 with 3189 viewsGowerjack

He's right though

The last time I was there they ruined a lovely Chablis by serving it at the wrong temperature.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 13:20 - Apr 1 with 3174 viewsunion_jack

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 13:15 - Apr 1 by Gowerjack

He's right though

The last time I was there they ruined a lovely Chablis by serving it at the wrong temperature.

Some things are inexcusable!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 13:26 - Apr 1 with 3153 viewssainthelens

Stoke, by a country mile! Stewards and fans all fckn animals. Really don't like em very much.
Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 13:37 - Apr 1 with 3111 viewsLoyal

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 13:26 - Apr 1 by sainthelens

Stoke, by a country mile! Stewards and fans all fckn animals. Really don't like em very much.

Fans are cnts, stewards are as game on as everything else.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 14:17 - Apr 1 with 3019 viewsJohnw102

Of course we should have let the Man U fans leave first, they had further to travel than we did.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 14:52 - Apr 1 with 2940 viewsMrSwerve

OT is rubbish in terms of home fan atmosphere but I actually really enjoy it. Being amongst 3k very vocal jacks outsinging 72k-odd home fans for the whole game is pretty cool. It actually feels pretty loud being in that away corner.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 15:13 - Apr 1 with 2901 viewsTenbySwan

The worst was Anfield a couple of years ago where the stewards were constantly and aggressively from the first minute going up and down telling everyone to sit down all through the game and then picking people out who argued about it and chucking them out.
Totally ruined the atmosphere.
Login to get fewer ads

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 15:30 - Apr 1 with 2849 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm sure if someone managed to sneak a weapon or bomb in to the stadium because fans aren't thoroughly searched, you and others would be up in arms about the lack of security.

Similarly if there was trouble and innocent fans were hurt after the game, questions would be asked why away fans weren't made to wait.

I'd personally rather wait in the stadium for 10 minutes than literally be caged by the police outside the ground in the rain like what away fans are forced to do down here.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 15:41 - Apr 1 with 2817 viewsandrew

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 13:26 - Apr 1 by sainthelens

Last season I parked in the away car park at Stoke, there were about 3 busses and 5 cars. We had to wait a good half hour + before we were allowed to leave.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 15:57 - Apr 1 with 2778 viewsjack_lord

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 15:30 - Apr 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm sure if someone managed to sneak a weapon or bomb in to the stadium because fans aren't thoroughly searched, you and others would be up in arms about the lack of security.

Similarly if there was trouble and innocent fans were hurt after the game, questions would be asked why away fans weren't made to wait.

I'd personally rather wait in the stadium for 10 minutes than literally be caged by the police outside the ground in the rain like what away fans are forced to do down here.

There are 72000 "home" fans though. That is a long wait for us West Walians, especially as the roads through North and mid Wales will be rammed full of "home" fans by then.

Perhaps the visiting side can be release just to get on to the coaches?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 16:42 - Apr 1 with 2676 viewsMattG

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 15:30 - Apr 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

As someone who sits in the North West corner, I can confirm that your last sentence is absolute b0ll0cks.

Away fans at the Liberty leave the ground at the same time as the home fans - all the official coaches are located behind their section as is the P&R bus back to Felindre which is recommended for away fans. Those who aren't travelling on official coaches or the P&R just turn left and walk around the stadium behind the West stand.

The only time I've known it to be different was when Cardiff were visiting.
Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 16:57 - Apr 1 with 2633 views3swan

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 16:42 - Apr 1 by MattG

As someone who sits in the North West corner, I can confirm that your last sentence is absolute b0ll0cks.

Away fans at the Liberty leave the ground at the same time as the home fans - all the official coaches are located behind their section as is the P&R bus back to Felindre which is recommended for away fans. Those who aren't travelling on official coaches or the P&R just turn left and walk around the stadium behind the West stand.

100% correct they are allowed out at the same time
Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 16:57 - Apr 1 with 2633 viewsBobbyBacala

I don't dispute that there needs to be some level of security - it happens at every ground. However, yesterday there seemed to be about 3 entrances for away fans to use, leading to a massive delay getting in (took about 10-15 minutes for me in total, starting at 2:20). Also, women were searched twice and in a separate queue to men. My girlfriend said a mother wasn't allowed to wait with her autistic son because she had to be searched separately and go through a different entrance. There is a need for security but yesterday seemed excessive and badly thought out.

Making the away fans wait was pointless anyway - as soon as you left the ground there were hundreds of United fans heading towards us (innocently, I hasten to add) - either do it properly or don't do it at all.
Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 17:01 - Apr 1 with 2616 viewsMattG

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 16:57 - Apr 1 by 3swan

It's almost as if he wanted to criticise our Club for the sake of it.
Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 17:03 - Apr 1 with 2612 views3swan

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 17:01 - Apr 1 by MattG

It's almost as if he wanted to criticise our Club for the sake of it.

And it doesn't always rain

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 18:16 - Apr 1 with 2480 viewslonglostjack

I loved all the stewards standing up in unison on command when there was a substitution, just in case the player being substituted caused any trouble.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 18:23]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 18:33 - Apr 1 with 2422 viewsmax936

Brighton sitting in with the Brighton fans and freezing my nuts off first and last time l’ll be doing that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 18:59 - Apr 1 with 2365 viewsLoyal

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 16:57 - Apr 1 by 3swan

Testament to the safe environment now at the liberty. There have been maybe a hand full of exceptions but overall its pretty ok.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 19:16 - Apr 1 with 2321 viewsGowerjack

DYSS doesn't attend games that's why he doesn't know.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 20:04 - Apr 1 with 2227 viewsBigPhilG

What would you know about going to a Swans game ?

But you'd know all about Old Trafford though
Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 20:05 - Apr 1 with 2225 viewsAndy1300

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 14:17 - Apr 1 by Johnw102

Of course we should have let the Man U fans leave first, they had further to travel than we did.

I stopped at Strensham on the way back and a coach load of what sounded like Manure fans with Cardiff accents were already there

Number 1 team in Wales

Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 21:07 - Apr 1 with 2118 viewsBillyChong

They get a free bus from outside their end back to the station as well. Which is a bit of a piss take when it passes you walking up the Hafod in the rain.
Worst away ground experience in the premier league on 21:11 - Apr 1 with 2102 viewsWxmJax

Well Dwighty, once again you're talking bollocks. There are many people buying match tickets on the day for the home end at Old Trafford and yet they don't get searched. I bet you have never been searched either on any of your many visits there so you have to admit that there is a glaring lack of security, especially when the Bournemouth match was called off in 2016 due to a bomb scare. That was in the home end and yet they still don't search people going in.
If I was trying to get a bomb in to Old Trafford the most obvious way would be via the home supporters entrances. It's a no brainer.

You want to be careful in future.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024