Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Legends Lounge 22:19 - Apr 1 with 4763 viewsQJumpingJack

Just got an email about this new lounge for next season.

With Curt being host at each home game does this mean he has a new role at the club ?
Can they sell 120 tickets per game?
And will they look to do this project if we end up in The Championship?
Legends Lounge on 22:31 - Apr 1 with 3610 viewsdickythorpe

Many clubs do this. Glad we are, wouldn't matter what division we are in, a true fan that can afford it (and plenty can) will pay.
Legends Lounge on 09:22 - Apr 2 with 3396 viewsPhil_S

The legends lounge - I believe is what used to be the Vice Presidents lounge.

The memorabilia in there was bought and paid for by those guys. Worth remembering that the preferred club owners have never shown any interest in the historic side of the club (it is almost as if they preferred it didn't exist before 2001)

The pictures in the West Stand are paid for by the EFRC and the statues/busts/walls of fame were organised by supporters.

The Vice Presidents were I think told about a three fold increase in price for this season to make this legends lounge happened and - if the reports are true - they have been turfed out of their seats for next season unless they pay it.

This is what I have been told - be nice to the people you pass on the way up, as you will almost certainly need them on the way down
Legends Lounge on 09:49 - Apr 2 with 3367 viewsdobjack2

Legends Lounge on 09:22 - Apr 2 by Phil_S

The memorabilia in there was bought and paid for by those guys. Worth remembering that the preferred club owners have never shown any interest in the historic side of the club (it is almost as if they preferred it didn't exist before 2001)

The pictures in the West Stand are paid for by the EFRC and the statues/busts/walls of fame were organised by supporters.

The Vice Presidents were I think told about a three fold increase in price for this season to make this legends lounge happened and - if the reports are true - they have been turfed out of their seats for next season unless they pay it.

This is what I have been told - be nice to the people you pass on the way up, as you will almost certainly need them on the way down

The Americans may not know much about football but they know about money.
Legends Lounge on 10:30 - Apr 2 with 3300 viewsSwansea_Viking

Legends Lounge on 09:22 - Apr 2 by Phil_S

That’s right. I have been a VP for years since the vetch days. We were presented with a take it or leave it ultimatum with an astonishing increase in price.
I refuse to pay that.The sting in the tail is that if you do not renew you lose your seat which all of us have had since we moved to the Liberty. I will be sitting elsewhere this coming season, where? Who knows?
Some people of these guys are very elderly and now have been given this treatment.its these guys I feel sorry for.
Don’t get me wrong, we expected a price increase but not this extortionate rise. A staged rise would have been better and given people a better chance. There is is a small discount for the for the first year but you have to sign to a three year agreement.
As someone on this thread has said, they don’t care about history, just money.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 10:32]

You Stupid Boy!

Legends Lounge on 10:34 - Apr 2 with 3286 viewsSTID2017

how can Curtis be host at each home game when he's meant to be away watching our loanees ?
Unless, as you said, he's got a new role

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Legends Lounge on 10:43 - Apr 2 with 3260 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Legends Lounge on 10:34 - Apr 2 by STID2017

how can Curtis be host at each home game when he's meant to be away watching our loanees ?

I reckon he probably will change roles and if we stay up we’ll see an overhaul in our transfer and scouting system. Probably something along the lines of wolves if Jorge Mendes was involved in January
Legends Lounge on 10:44 - Apr 2 with 3255 viewsmajorraglan

Legends Lounge on 09:49 - Apr 2 by dobjack2

The Americans may not know much about football but they know about money.

It’s all about increasing the commercial revenue In readiness for moving it on.
Legends Lounge on 10:47 - Apr 2 with 3251 viewsdobjack2

Legends Lounge on 22:31 - Apr 1 by dickythorpe

Many clubs do this. Glad we are, wouldn't matter what division we are in, a true fan that can afford it (and plenty can) will pay.

It’s the way that we are doing it that stinks. Building bonds anyone?
Login to get fewer ads

Legends Lounge on 10:48 - Apr 2 with 3248 viewsSTID2017

Legends Lounge on 10:30 - Apr 2 by Swansea_Viking

That’s right. I have been a VP for years since the vetch days. We were presented with a take it or leave it ultimatum with an astonishing increase in price.
I refuse to pay that.The sting in the tail is that if you do not renew you lose your seat which all of us have had since we moved to the Liberty. I will be sitting elsewhere this coming season, where? Who knows?
Some people of these guys are very elderly and now have been given this treatment.its these guys I feel sorry for.
Don’t get me wrong, we expected a price increase but not this extortionate rise. A staged rise would have been better and given people a better chance. There is is a small discount for the for the first year but you have to sign to a three year agreement.
As someone on this thread has said, they don’t care about history, just money.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 10:32]

Disgusting treatment.
Once again shows that the hierarchy at the club have no respect for the fans.
Sadly there are plenty of rich takers out there who will no doubt pay the blood suckers their money

Legends Lounge on 10:49 - Apr 2 with 3244 viewsSTID2017

Legends Lounge on 10:47 - Apr 2 by dobjack2

It’s the way that we are doing it that stinks. Building bonds anyone?

I thought we were all for building bridges - more like pulling up the drawbridge

Legends Lounge on 10:54 - Apr 2 with 3231 viewsbuilthjack

Is this on a match by match basis, or do you have to buy it for the season?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Legends Lounge on 11:08 - Apr 2 with 3192 viewsJBT95

We do play away from home as well you know lol
Legends Lounge on 11:08 - Apr 2 with 3192 viewsdobjack2

Legends Lounge on 10:49 - Apr 2 by STID2017

I thought we were all for building bridges - more like pulling up the drawbridge

It’s all about the money $.

When we complain about poor commercial activity we need to be careful what we wish for.

What was the Trust view on this? (Apologies if I have missed it)

Did they see it as a previously undervalued commercial opportunity or taking the pi$$?

If they didnt agree with the decision what representations did they make on behalf of the vice-presidents? If they agreed with the decision what did they have to say to the vice-presidents?
Legends Lounge on 11:12 - Apr 2 with 3184 viewsSTID2017

Legends Lounge on 11:08 - Apr 2 by JBT95

We do play away from home as well you know lol

And his current remit is to watch all the loaness playing regularly.
Saturday is the main day when most of them play.
You may be right but I can't see him combining A Legends Lounge role for 20+ games (more if we ever get relegated) with completing and updating dossiers on loan players

Legends Lounge on 12:09 - Apr 2 with 3135 views34dfgdf54

It won’t be him every week, it will be a different person per game from what I have seen.

All a load of b0llocks anyway.
Legends Lounge on 13:07 - Apr 2 with 3063 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

You really think Curtis has a serious role as 'loan player manager's or whatever it is?

I thought everybody with an ounce of common sense knew it was a token gesture to make it seem as if he had an important role at the club whilst tensions were high after his removal from the coaching setup.

Now it looks like they'll be farming him out to kiss babies and tell the same stories for a couple of hours 19 times a season.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Legends Lounge on 13:39 - Apr 2 with 2996 viewslonglostjack

Legends Lounge on 13:07 - Apr 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You really think Curtis has a serious role as 'loan player manager's or whatever it is?

I thought everybody with an ounce of common sense knew it was a token gesture to make it seem as if he had an important role at the club whilst tensions were high after his removal from the coaching setup.

Now it looks like they'll be farming him out to kiss babies and tell the same stories for a couple of hours 19 times a season.

Bit like Paddy Crerand at your beloved Man Utd you mean?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Legends Lounge on 13:45 - Apr 2 with 2985 viewslondonlisa2001

Legends Lounge on 11:08 - Apr 2 by dobjack2

It’s all about the money $.

When we complain about poor commercial activity we need to be careful what we wish for.

What was the Trust view on this? (Apologies if I have missed it)

Did they see it as a previously undervalued commercial opportunity or taking the pi$$?

If they didnt agree with the decision what representations did they make on behalf of the vice-presidents? If they agreed with the decision what did they have to say to the vice-presidents?

I have no idea whether the Trust was consulted on this (although I'd have a good guess), as I wasn't very involved at that time, but as I stated when this issue first came up on this site, I think it's absolutely, grotesquely, sickeningly disgusting.

It's also par for the course from what I've seen.
Legends Lounge on 14:17 - Apr 2 with 2928 viewsJohnw102

Looked on the Swansea site and there appears no sign of prices or if it is for a season or match by match basis. If it is for the season what will happen to our season ticket that we have already paid for, will that be credited towards the cost of the Legends Lounge?

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Legends Lounge on 15:27 - Apr 2 with 2846 viewsQJumpingJack

If the Presidents have been treated badly by the club as hinted to by one of the earlier posters then this surely should become a press story?
Legends Lounge on 15:34 - Apr 2 with 2838 viewsTreforys_Jack

Legends Lounge on 13:07 - Apr 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Not saying you're wrong, but it must be tiresome to be you.
Legends Lounge on 18:37 - Apr 2 with 2685 views3swan

Legends Lounge on 15:27 - Apr 2 by QJumpingJack

If the Presidents have been treated badly by the club as hinted to by one of the earlier posters then this surely should become a press story?

It was but apathy rules

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swans-chiefs-defend-57-ticket-1395
Legends Lounge on 21:30 - Apr 2 with 2587 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Legends Lounge on 15:34 - Apr 2 by Treforys_Jack

Not saying you're wrong, but it must be tiresome to be you.

What do you think is tiresome for me?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Legends Lounge on 21:33 - Apr 2 with 2574 viewsDarran

Legends Lounge on 21:30 - Apr 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What do you think is tiresome for me?

I’m the same my friend it gets very tiresome being right all the time.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Legends Lounge on 21:33 - Apr 2 with 2573 viewsexiledclaseboy

The role of loan player manager is a Premier League requirement I believe.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024