Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Financial Times 10:28 - Apr 7 with 21679 viewsDr_Winston

Worth a read.

https://www.ft.com/content/d28b725e-3796-11e8-8eee-e06bde01c544

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Financial Times on 13:50 - Apr 7 with 2553 viewsLeonWasGod

Financial Times on 12:51 - Apr 7 by Phil_S

Interesting read - tells us nothing new and backs the theory that speaking to the Trust is nothing more than an afterthought to try and appease them.

Never mind the Trust. What about the numpties who own us who are surprised about how exciting it is to score a goal and are taking credit for the facilities upgraded by the old board? And who think that expanding our commercial revenue is key to success, whereas every man and his dog knows the PL TV money is king. They come across unbelievably naive.
Financial Times on 13:54 - Apr 7 with 2542 viewsPhil_S

Financial Times on 13:50 - Apr 7 by LeonWasGod

Never mind the Trust. What about the numpties who own us who are surprised about how exciting it is to score a goal and are taking credit for the facilities upgraded by the old board? And who think that expanding our commercial revenue is key to success, whereas every man and his dog knows the PL TV money is king. They come across unbelievably naive.

Patronising I think is a better word

I hope to get excited later on with us scoring a goal
Financial Times on 13:59 - Apr 7 with 2534 viewstheloneranger

2 interesting statements from Kaplan....

“if we did nothing but stay in the Premier League and didn’t do any of the other pieces [to boost the club commercially], the value of Swansea City would go up because the worldwide rights to Premier League football, which is split equally among the 20 teams, is going to grow at a very substantial compound growth rate over the next 20 years.”

“I want to be careful about how I say this. Whether Swansea goes up 10 times in value or goes to zero [is] not going to affect my family or me, [it is] not going to have a material impact on my net worth" . . 

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Financial Times on 13:59 - Apr 7 with 2533 viewsGaryjack

Financial Times on 13:04 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

I like the description of Pearlman as “square jaws, granite eyes and a sharp suit”. Very glamorous. He put me in mind of an action man doll.

Couldn't agree more.

Financial Times on 14:02 - Apr 7 with 2514 viewslonglostjack

Indeed. Even if Pearlmann were a genius and grew commercial revenues by 50% it still wouldn't be enough to pay for a Clucas transfer. Not that I've much faith in their marketing prowess. Instead of building on what was a great story and creating a unique "alternative" brand they hire an ad agency to come up with a meaningless bloody slogan.

Edit: Reply to LWG
[Post edited 7 Apr 2018 14:05]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Financial Times on 14:54 - Apr 7 with 2471 viewsmax936

Financial Times on 13:59 - Apr 7 by theloneranger

2 interesting statements from Kaplan....

“if we did nothing but stay in the Premier League and didn’t do any of the other pieces [to boost the club commercially], the value of Swansea City would go up because the worldwide rights to Premier League football, which is split equally among the 20 teams, is going to grow at a very substantial compound growth rate over the next 20 years.”

“I want to be careful about how I say this. Whether Swansea goes up 10 times in value or goes to zero [is] not going to affect my family or me, [it is] not going to have a material impact on my net worth" . . 

2nd statement more or less means he doesn't really give a fuk, I'm alright Jack so fuk you, Cheers Steve, and this is the clown Jenkins and his vipers sold out to fuking numpties.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Financial Times on 21:30 - Apr 7 with 2377 viewsQJumpingJack

A well written article by the author.

As the article is targeted at a business audience (and not the Swans fans), the Americans should be very pleased with the article.

It was pleasing to see the Trust included in the story. Did they have any PR support?

It seems Jenkins has been airbrushed from history, while the author picks up that there are directors who swear in the box on match day which doesn't reflect well on the club.
Financial Times on 23:48 - Apr 7 with 2334 viewsexiledclaseboy

Financial Times on 21:30 - Apr 7 by QJumpingJack

A well written article by the author.

As the article is targeted at a business audience (and not the Swans fans), the Americans should be very pleased with the article.

It was pleasing to see the Trust included in the story. Did they have any PR support?

It seems Jenkins has been airbrushed from history, while the author picks up that there are directors who swear in the box on match day which doesn't reflect well on the club.

I thought it was pretty bland. Is the journo a mate of yours? You do move in those circles after all.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Financial Times on 23:53 - Apr 7 with 2329 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 12:51 - Apr 7 by Phil_S

Interesting read - tells us nothing new and backs the theory that speaking to the Trust is nothing more than an afterthought to try and appease them.

Hopefully that will change now you're off the scene

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Financial Times on 23:56 - Apr 7 with 2319 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 12:59 - Apr 7 by londonlisa2001

I couldn't agree more.

Glad they built the training facilities though Phil aren't you? Instrumental in that they were.

I also liked the 'don't speak to me after a game if we've lost'.

You'd be lucky to find them, since they'll be in the States.

Great branding agency though - should have given the job to a bunch of 8 year olds from local schools who would have certainly come up with something better than 'grit and beauty'.

As the Finance Affiliate on the Trust I think this post is disrespectful

If you said this to their faces I'd have no problem at all, in fact I'd encourage it, but not on here playing to the usual crowd.

I think this is bad form, Lise.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 0:12]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Financial Times on 00:02 - Apr 8 with 2311 viewsexiledclaseboy

Financial Times on 23:56 - Apr 7 by TheResurrection

If you said this to their faces I'd have no problem at all, in fact I'd encourage it, but not on here playing to the usual crowd.

Do you think she’d shy away from saying the same thing if she met with the owners?
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 0:04]

Financial Times on 00:03 - Apr 8 with 2309 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 13:05 - Apr 7 by Phil_S

Indeed its almost as if the redevelopment of Landore and Fairwood has only happened in the last 22 months

Th £100m deal to takeover the club was yet again allowed to be reported as fact despite being anything but

And on the speaking after the game you are right....

The very fact that "gritty and beauty" had to be explained tells you the effectiveness of it.

And I would love to know if Alan and Stu said more than was actually printed and what it was.

And, sorry Lisa, but there is a post on the Trust members only Facebook group that asks what the Trust should focus on but share sale is banned from being one of the options

I've cancelled my regular £10 monthly donation, membership fees only now (thought I would tell you as not sure anyone has noticed!)

Has the Club, not the Americans, put any money into Landore since they've been here?

Because, really speaking nobody put money into it, but a few took money out of it.

But if the Club has spent money on it since their arrival then the article is quite correct.

How much to the penny did they put in, have you got the exact figures??

You jumping on this topic the first chance you get stinks of Wish it Was Still Me they'd be asking.

Step back Squire, you've more than had your chance.

Financial Times on 00:04 - Apr 8 with 2304 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 13:06 - Apr 7 by Phil_S

You forgot "Pearlman is the comic-book vision of an American business executive"

Has he made a profit on his salary yet?

Ah I see, you know the inner mechanics of his remuneration scheme now then?

Tee hee...

Financial Times on 00:06 - Apr 8 with 2303 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 13:11 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

The interview with Alan and Stu apparently lasted about an hour. That bit about the Facebook thing. Is that true? I don’t use Facebook much so not seen.

You don't know???

This has got to be the biggest waste of time ever.... What's the point....

Financial Times on 00:08 - Apr 8 with 2300 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 13:43 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

Why the f*ck are you editing my posts? that last sentence isn’t mine.

Phil S.

Dodgy as fack.

Financial Times on 00:09 - Apr 8 with 2300 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 13:45 - Apr 7 by Phil_S

Ah fcuk sorry I meant to add that bit to my post

Will change that now before the conspiracy theories start (although this post wont change that)

Apparently it doesn't matter who owns the club but it does matter who moves a post...

Full. Of. Shit.

Financial Times on 00:13 - Apr 8 with 2290 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 00:02 - Apr 8 by exiledclaseboy

Do you think she’d shy away from saying the same thing if she met with the owners?
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 0:04]

Yes

But I don't know for sure. I'd rather her say thesethings man to man, so to speak, and not by taking sly pot shots online

Financial Times on 00:17 - Apr 8 with 2282 viewsexiledclaseboy

Financial Times on 00:13 - Apr 8 by TheResurrection

Yes

But I don't know for sure. I'd rather her say thesethings man to man, so to speak, and not by taking sly pot shots online

Lisa doesn’t need me to speak for her by any means but I’m fairly sure she’d be more than happy to say the same things to the people in question if given the opportunity.

Financial Times on 00:17 - Apr 8 with 2281 viewslondonlisa2001

Financial Times on 23:56 - Apr 7 by TheResurrection

Why?

You're saying I can't point out that the piece is just puff and nonsense?

I haven't said anything controversial. Being a Trust affiliate is neither here nor there. I'd happily tell them to their faces that paying someone to come up with 'grit and beauty' as a slogan is a ridiculous waste of money.
Financial Times on 00:22 - Apr 8 with 2272 viewslondonlisa2001

Financial Times on 00:13 - Apr 8 by TheResurrection

Yes

There's no forum for me to say anything to them face to face.

But if there was, I'd happily tell them. It's not sly pot shots - it's an opinion.

An opinion that they could not care less about.

Everything pretty much on this board could be construed as an opinion on the way the club is managed. Who the manager is, what players are picked, transfers, etc etc. We can all give opinions on that can't we?
Financial Times on 00:23 - Apr 8 with 2269 viewsMyFinalHeaven

This passage stuck out to me, as it was the cretin Jason Levien being a bold faced fvcking liar yet again:

“Swansea’s investment is clear over the past five or six years – it is the lowest [in the league],” says Clement in an interview with The Times. On a transatlantic phone call, I ask co-owner Levien about the criticism. “The numbers show that since we got involved with the club and took stewardship of it, we’ve invested more money than we’ve certainly brought back in player transfers and wages,” he says.

Why is he allowed to get away with blatantly lying about this over and over again? He and his parasites haven't put in a cent and they know it. I'm especially ashamed that the trust won't say anything about it.

It's scary how our situation pretty much mirrors that of the other team Levien and Kaplan owns, DC United. They finished dead last the season before and it appears the same is going to happen again with the new season that just began last month. DC United are winless in 5 and on track to be last again. And all during the offseason and in previous years before Levien told the DC supporters how much he wanted to win and put on the field "a team that can compete among the best in the league." Funny.

If promotion relegation existed in the MLS DC United would be in the third tier right now under Levien's ownership. Given that, it's no frickin surprise to anyone and their grandmothers that we've been perpetual relegation battlers under these clueless Yanks. It's only a matter of time really given his history.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 0:26]

Come on you Swans.

Financial Times on 00:45 - Apr 8 with 2241 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 00:17 - Apr 8 by exiledclaseboy

Lisa doesn’t need me to speak for her by any means but I’m fairly sure she’d be more than happy to say the same things to the people in question if given the opportunity.

Why wait for it to be given to her? Make it happen.

Financial Times on 00:49 - Apr 8 with 2232 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 00:17 - Apr 8 by londonlisa2001

Why?

You're saying I can't point out that the piece is just puff and nonsense?

I haven't said anything controversial. Being a Trust affiliate is neither here nor there. I'd happily tell them to their faces that paying someone to come up with 'grit and beauty' as a slogan is a ridiculous waste of money.

No, not that bit, the grit and beauty tag line doesn't cut it with me either.

It was the snidey comments about them personally. What they're like after a game etc

Those are not the things you say to anyone's face, it's just belittling.

Financial Times on 00:53 - Apr 8 with 2228 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 00:22 - Apr 8 by londonlisa2001

There's no forum for me to say anything to them face to face.

But if there was, I'd happily tell them. It's not sly pot shots - it's an opinion.

An opinion that they could not care less about.

Everything pretty much on this board could be construed as an opinion on the way the club is managed. Who the manager is, what players are picked, transfers, etc etc. We can all give opinions on that can't we?

Lisa,

Nobody speaks like this to anyone's face. I'm pretty sure that's not you when you speak to other Directors in Companies you're attached to.

""Glad they built the training facilities though Phil aren't you? Instrumental in that they were.

I also liked the 'don't speak to me after a game if we've lost'.

You'd be lucky to find them, since they'll be in the States.

Great branding agency though - should have given the job to a bunch of 8 year olds from local schools ""
'

Financial Times on 00:57 - Apr 8 with 2221 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 00:23 - Apr 8 by MyFinalHeaven

This passage stuck out to me, as it was the cretin Jason Levien being a bold faced fvcking liar yet again:

“Swansea’s investment is clear over the past five or six years – it is the lowest [in the league],” says Clement in an interview with The Times. On a transatlantic phone call, I ask co-owner Levien about the criticism. “The numbers show that since we got involved with the club and took stewardship of it, we’ve invested more money than we’ve certainly brought back in player transfers and wages,” he says.

Why is he allowed to get away with blatantly lying about this over and over again? He and his parasites haven't put in a cent and they know it. I'm especially ashamed that the trust won't say anything about it.

It's scary how our situation pretty much mirrors that of the other team Levien and Kaplan owns, DC United. They finished dead last the season before and it appears the same is going to happen again with the new season that just began last month. DC United are winless in 5 and on track to be last again. And all during the offseason and in previous years before Levien told the DC supporters how much he wanted to win and put on the field "a team that can compete among the best in the league." Funny.

If promotion relegation existed in the MLS DC United would be in the third tier right now under Levien's ownership. Given that, it's no frickin surprise to anyone and their grandmothers that we've been perpetual relegation battlers under these clueless Yanks. It's only a matter of time really given his history.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 0:26]

WTF

That's not what he's said or implied and if you think that you're on your own thinking it.

He's talking about the Club, and rightly so.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024