Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Financial Times 10:28 - Apr 7 with 22104 viewsDr_Winston

Worth a read.

https://www.ft.com/content/d28b725e-3796-11e8-8eee-e06bde01c544

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Financial Times on 17:17 - Apr 8 with 2370 viewsDr_Winston

The Americans have made a number of poor decisions. Going along with the sellouts secrecy is one. Appointing Bradley another. Piling so much faith in the waning powers of Huw Jenkins a third.

However, the general gist of what they intend to do is right. The club has to stand on its own two feet without external subsidy. Growing commercial and gate income is the only sustainable way to increase the revenue available for the team.

The plan is straightforward, and could in all honesty have been implemented by the previous incumbents, but they were too frightened of losing their payday and lost focus.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Financial Times on 17:19 - Apr 8 with 2362 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 17:04 - Apr 8 by JENKINSOUT

is that your best comeback? really annoys you when you cant identify who you ar debating with doesn't it boy? you just argue with anyone that you want to with nothing of substance to back it up.

you're the classic case of a keyboard warrior who deliberately threw away the chance he was given and encouraged for to make a difference. stick to your meerkat impressions at the Liberty

And you're the classic definition of a coward, little boy.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Financial Times on 17:28 - Apr 8 with 2326 viewsSTID2017

Financial Times on 09:02 - Apr 8 by TheResurrection

I haven't had a drink virtually all year little anonymous poster.

What bit, exactly, are you offended by? Or what's your point?

The trick to posting on a forum is to have a point and if you disagree with something, give your reasons. It's not to agree with something and still want to find an issue.

The in the pocket jibe is all a bit last year by the way.

And why don't you stick to one username, what is it, you're a bit wet are you?

Have you ever been a politician?
You posted here saying " If you disagree with someone, give your reasons" yet most of the time all you do is to reply to people and comments you disagree with a "f*** off" or similar.
Alternatively you go for ignoring people when you cannot give them a sensible answer
'Tis sad Chris boy

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Financial Times on 17:37 - Apr 8 with 2322 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 17:17 - Apr 8 by Dr_Winston

The Americans have made a number of poor decisions. Going along with the sellouts secrecy is one. Appointing Bradley another. Piling so much faith in the waning powers of Huw Jenkins a third.

However, the general gist of what they intend to do is right. The club has to stand on its own two feet without external subsidy. Growing commercial and gate income is the only sustainable way to increase the revenue available for the team.

The plan is straightforward, and could in all honesty have been implemented by the previous incumbents, but they were too frightened of losing their payday and lost focus.

Yes, Great stuff, but it was their right to sell what was their own to sell in the first place.

So I'm glad now we've finally found out we're happy with the model the Americans are working towards.

Maybe we can all start to get behind the Club now and be proud of what we've done and what we've become.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Financial Times on 17:38 - Apr 8 with 2317 viewsMattG

Financial Times on 15:22 - Apr 8 by TheResurrection

Matt,

Discuss the points or leave it there. I can't be bothered with your childish title tattle. Have you got a point or did I put you straight?

My point is that the article - whether deliberately or not - portrays Fairwood as having been created by the Americans which is not correct. It's really that simple.
Financial Times on 17:39 - Apr 8 with 2299 viewsDr_Winston

Financial Times on 17:37 - Apr 8 by TheResurrection

Yes, Great stuff, but it was their right to sell what was their own to sell in the first place.

So I'm glad now we've finally found out we're happy with the model the Americans are working towards.

Maybe we can all start to get behind the Club now and be proud of what we've done and what we've become.

And it's the right of the supporters of the club to hold them to account for the way they did it.

Excellent. Glad we got that all sorted out.

Financial Times on 17:42 - Apr 8 with 2283 viewsSTID2017

Financial Times on 17:37 - Apr 8 by TheResurrection

The model the Yanks are working towards ?
Sorry Chris, but the only model the Yanks have is the one for their new houses Stateside their are going to build when they have sold us down the river - if people like you give yhem the chance!

Financial Times on 17:45 - Apr 8 with 2284 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 17:38 - Apr 8 by MattG

My point is that the article - whether deliberately or not - portrays Fairwood as having been created by the Americans which is not correct. It's really that simple.

So the article portrays Fairwood as having been created by the Americans.

This is actually what it said.

"""We meet at Swansea’s training ground in Fairwood, a 20-minute drive from the city centre. The facility, with sleek gyms and perfectly prepared pitches, cost about £10m to build. Prior to its construction two years ago, players trained at a nearby health centre, mingling with locals in communal changing rooms and showers. The US owners say this is evidence of how they are investing in the club.""""

One other mention in the article about the training centre...

"""Kaplan, however, has much bigger ambitions for Swansea. He wants to get global sponsors, expand the stadium, upgrade training facilities, sign top international players and attract fans worldwide."""

The fact you feel the need to pipe up over innocent comments like this is truly pathetic. Truly.

Login to get fewer ads

Financial Times on 18:31 - Apr 8 with 2238 viewsMattG

Financial Times on 17:45 - Apr 8 by TheResurrection

So the article portrays Fairwood as having been created by the Americans.

This is actually what it said.

"""We meet at Swansea’s training ground in Fairwood, a 20-minute drive from the city centre. The facility, with sleek gyms and perfectly prepared pitches, cost about £10m to build. Prior to its construction two years ago, players trained at a nearby health centre, mingling with locals in communal changing rooms and showers. The US owners say this is evidence of how they are investing in the club.""""

One other mention in the article about the training centre...

"""Kaplan, however, has much bigger ambitions for Swansea. He wants to get global sponsors, expand the stadium, upgrade training facilities, sign top international players and attract fans worldwide."""

The fact you feel the need to pipe up over innocent comments like this is truly pathetic. Truly.

The £10m spent on Fairwood is quoted as evidence of how the Americans are investing in the Club - sorry but I think that is incorrect.

Will they deliver on the other stuff? Time will tell.
Financial Times on 18:41 - Apr 8 with 2218 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 18:31 - Apr 8 by MattG

The £10m spent on Fairwood is quoted as evidence of how the Americans are investing in the Club - sorry but I think that is incorrect.

Will they deliver on the other stuff? Time will tell.

The sleek gyms, the perfect pitches, the fact the players are not training with the public anymore.

That is how the Club is investing in its future.

But just look at you, seriously just look... Sitting there plucking one sentence out of a good article and doing your utmost to twist a negative slant into it.

Matt, it's pathetic. Grow up boy

Financial Times on 19:24 - Apr 8 with 2176 viewsGaryjack

Financial Times on 15:37 - Apr 8 by STID2017

Perhaps you should watch "Dirty Dancing" - in particular the last five minutes.
Just help you out the important bit is when Dr Houseman says "When I'm wrong I say I'm wrong. I'm wrong !"
Don't think you have the self awareness to do that
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 15:42]

Dirty Dancing? Feck my eyes!
Financial Times on 19:25 - Apr 8 with 2175 viewssidekick_jack

Financial Times on 18:41 - Apr 8 by TheResurrection

The sleek gyms, the perfect pitches, the fact the players are not training with the public anymore.

But just look at you, seriously just look... Sitting there plucking one sentence out of a good article and doing your utmost to twist a negative slant into it.

Two years ago the team were either training at the RTB in Landore or had just moved to the Fairwood facility. It's been years since the days at Llandarcy. So that comment about training with the public just simply isn't true. You know what they say, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Financial Times on 19:40 - Apr 8 with 2145 viewsmonmouth

"Kaplan, however, has much bigger ambitions for Swansea. He wants to get global sponsors, expand the stadium, upgrade training facilities, sign top international players and attract fans worldwide."

Not good enough. Get back to us Steve when we're going to be bigger than Barcelona and have Reading as our training ground.

Seriously, no matter what the ins and outs of the article, does anyone really swallow this guff?

You want to stay in the PL at minimum cost, do something with the stadium, and flip the club on the TV multiple Steve. You know it, we know it. I have no problem with that as I actually think that approach might be the best way of getting the message through that we need to build a proper team with a proper way of playing from the ground up throughout the club. Led by a manager of vision, capable of doing it in the PL, if we can find and keep one.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Financial Times on 19:48 - Apr 8 with 2126 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 19:25 - Apr 8 by sidekick_jack

Two years ago the team were either training at the RTB in Landore or had just moved to the Fairwood facility. It's been years since the days at Llandarcy. So that comment about training with the public just simply isn't true. You know what they say, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

So what? It's emphasising a point to the wider non Swansea public. There was a time when we'd lap up articles like this. Not anymore not since half our fans turned into entitled, cry baby fantasist's

Financial Times on 19:48 - Apr 8 with 2121 viewsSTID2017

Financial Times on 19:24 - Apr 8 by Garyjack

Dirty Dancing? Feck my eyes!

Watched it years ago with rhe missus (you never watched a "chick flicl / rom com" with the wife or girlfriend ?)
That line always stuch with me as a good rule to have in life.

Financial Times on 19:52 - Apr 8 with 2116 viewssidekick_jack

Financial Times on 19:48 - Apr 8 by TheResurrection

So what? It's emphasising a point to the wider non Swansea public. There was a time when we'd lap up articles like this. Not anymore not since half our fans turned into entitled, cry baby fantasist's

I'm just pointing out that it's deliberately misrepresenting facts in order to paint the new owners in as positive a light as possible. You have no issue with that, that's fair enough. Others do, which is also fair enough.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 19:53]
Financial Times on 19:55 - Apr 8 with 2105 viewsSTID2017

Financial Times on 18:41 - Apr 8 by TheResurrection

That one line illustrates how devious the Yanks and Jenkins are though Chris.
They try to claim credit for what tthey have not done and make empty promises about the future.
Why do you choose to believe them rather than use your own common sense Chris?

Financial Times on 19:56 - Apr 8 with 2110 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 19:40 - Apr 8 by monmouth

"Kaplan, however, has much bigger ambitions for Swansea. He wants to get global sponsors, expand the stadium, upgrade training facilities, sign top international players and attract fans worldwide."

Not good enough. Get back to us Steve when we're going to be bigger than Barcelona and have Reading as our training ground.

Seriously, no matter what the ins and outs of the article, does anyone really swallow this guff?

You want to stay in the PL at minimum cost, do something with the stadium, and flip the club on the TV multiple Steve. You know it, we know it. I have no problem with that as I actually think that approach might be the best way of getting the message through that we need to build a proper team with a proper way of playing from the ground up throughout the club. Led by a manager of vision, capable of doing it in the PL, if we can find and keep one.

""Kaplan, however, has much bigger ambitions for Swansea. He wants to get global sponsors, expand the stadium, upgrade training facilities, sign top international players and attract fans worldwide""

Me, I do. Because nothing he's said there's particularly outlandish, is it.

Global sponsors - Check
Expand the stadium - First phase of the plan in acquiring the lease, done? - Check
Upgrade training facilities - Check
Sign top internationals - Check
Attract fans worldwide - Check (apparently over 120 from the States over Saturday) .

More negative shit from Swansea 'fans ' 😱

Financial Times on 20:37 - Apr 8 with 2061 viewsSTID2017

Financial Times on 19:56 - Apr 8 by TheResurrection

""Kaplan, however, has much bigger ambitions for Swansea. He wants to get global sponsors, expand the stadium, upgrade training facilities, sign top international players and attract fans worldwide""

Global sponsors - Check
Expand the stadium - First phase of the plan in acquiring the lease, done? - Check
Attract fans worldwide - Check (apparently over 120 from the States over Saturday) .

Just because people don't agree with you doesn't make them negative.
It just means they have a different viewpoint from you.
Try and be more tolerant of others views.
ATB

Financial Times on 20:43 - Apr 8 with 2049 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 19:52 - Apr 8 by sidekick_jack

I'm just pointing out that it's deliberately misrepresenting facts in order to paint the new owners in as positive a light as possible. You have no issue with that, that's fair enough. Others do, which is also fair enough.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 19:53]

So who misrepresented the facts then? The journalist? Because the Americans didn't write it.

And anyway, it hasn't. It just said prior to the construction, it didn't say immediately before.

Swans fans - THE worst!!!

Financial Times on 21:24 - Apr 8 with 1996 viewssidekick_jack

Financial Times on 20:43 - Apr 8 by TheResurrection

So who misrepresented the facts then? The journalist? Because the Americans didn't write it.

And anyway, it hasn't. It just said prior to the construction, it didn't say immediately before.

Swans fans - THE worst!!!

What? It specifically said two years ago the team were sharing facilities with the public - "We meet at Swansea's training ground in Fairwood, a 20-minute drive from the city centre. The facility, with sleek gyms and perfectly prepared pitches, cost about £10m to build. Prior to it's construction two years ago, players trained at a nearby health centre, mingling with locals in communal changing rooms and showers. The US owners say this is evidence of how they are investing in the club".

Prior to it's construction two years ago, players trained at the Landore facility. The days of sharing a health centre with the public were around 2012, six years ago..
Financial Times on 21:31 - Apr 8 with 1979 viewsBanosswan

Financial Times on 21:24 - Apr 8 by sidekick_jack

What? It specifically said two years ago the team were sharing facilities with the public - "We meet at Swansea's training ground in Fairwood, a 20-minute drive from the city centre. The facility, with sleek gyms and perfectly prepared pitches, cost about £10m to build. Prior to it's construction two years ago, players trained at a nearby health centre, mingling with locals in communal changing rooms and showers. The US owners say this is evidence of how they are investing in the club".

Prior to it's construction two years ago, players trained at the Landore facility. The days of sharing a health centre with the public were around 2012, six years ago..

As much as the res likes to twist things to his agenda, I feel on this occasion it was the journalist being wrong/duplicitous.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 21:32]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Financial Times on 22:25 - Apr 8 with 1929 viewsSTID2017

Financial Times on 21:31 - Apr 8 by Banosswan

As much as the res likes to twist things to his agenda, I feel on this occasion it was the journalist being wrong/duplicitous.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 21:32]

I think we can all agree on journalists being more than capable of twisting a story.
It's when fans of the club (and I don't doubt for one minute Chris is as dedicated as any of us) start buying into the "The Yanks are great - look what they have done".
So far they have done the square root of zero.
Along with Jenkins like Judas of old..

Financial Times on 23:45 - Apr 8 with 1885 viewsmonmouth

Financial Times on 19:56 - Apr 8 by TheResurrection

Global sponsors - Check

Not me. I'm living the dream.

Yeehah. Bigger than DC United.

I hope it's all true. Seriously.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Financial Times on 23:57 - Apr 8 with 1882 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 21:24 - Apr 8 by sidekick_jack

English Language.

Prior (existing or coming before in time) to its construction (the training ground) two years ago, (when it was finished) players trained at a nearby health centre.

So it didn't. You either wanted it to mean that or you don't understand English Language.

The training ground was finished two years ago, but before that they trained in a nearby health centre.

So what they didn't tell us their every step in the years before that, how every shower cubicle looked, what shampoo they used, how facking hot the water was.....

It's a journalist's article, they can flex their licence as much they want.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024