Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think it has finally clicked for most... 17:03 - Apr 7 with 11691 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

That these draws and performances away from home weren't gutsy, they weren't well earned points; they were all horrific performances where we were very fortunate to escape with a point, or in some cases only a 2 or 3 goal deficit.

EVERY away game under Carlos has been as embarrassing as that. Regardless if the opposition are Manchester United, Southampton, West Brom, Sheffield Wednesday or even Notts County.

Pay him well in May for trying or perhaps successfully keeping us up but I really hope we part company in the Summer. It is clear why Sheffield Wednesday fans loathed him and he certainly isn't going to take us forward over a 38 match season.

I look forward to revisiting old match day threads where I was viciously verbally abused for making these points months earlier to see how the usual lot have changed their minds and agree with me on this topic as quickly as they flipped on a lot of other issues as well.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:06 - Apr 7 with 4985 viewsDippy

I think it's an ability issue in all honesty..

This team are not top level.

Poll: Cooper Out

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:06 - Apr 7 with 4970 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:06 - Apr 7 by Dippy

I think it's an ability issue in all honesty..

This team are not top level.

I disagree. This squad is far superior to many in this league.

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:07 - Apr 7 with 4960 viewsTreforys_Jack

"Sheff W fans loathed him" Really ?
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:09 - Apr 7 with 4942 viewsOldjack

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:06 - Apr 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

no it's not ,it comes to something when you have to bring on Dyer and Routs

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:09 - Apr 7 with 4925 viewsE20Jack

I think it's a perspective issue. Fans think we should be doing better than what we are.

We are not a very good side. We have a largely decent Championship side with a smattering of PL quality. Every single away game will be hard, even bottom of the league.

Need to get real. I'm proud of that point today. Could easily have lost.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:11 - Apr 7 with 4891 viewsDippy

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:06 - Apr 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What's this based on?.. i agree that we're not the only sh*t ones.. but Abraham, Carroll, Naughton, Bartley, Clucas lack the basics you'd expect for top level competition.

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:11 - Apr 7 with 4889 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:07 - Apr 7 by Treforys_Jack

"Sheff W fans loathed him" Really ?

Yes, I thought that was common knowledge?

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:13 - Apr 7 with 4840 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Did well to pick up a point at WBA hopefully with Ayew's suspension over we will have more goal threat.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:13 - Apr 7 with 4840 viewslondonlisa2001

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:11 - Apr 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I work quite a lot in Sheffield, with half and half Wednesday and United fans.

The Wednesday fans love him. Funnily enough, the United fans like him as well as they think he's a good bloke.
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:14 - Apr 7 with 4838 viewsAmbergambler

Really?
You look forward to revisiting old match day threads to see how right you were?
Now that is sad.
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:15 - Apr 7 with 4816 viewsOldjack

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:11 - Apr 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

only a few ,he give them the best two seasons they've had in the last twenty

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:15 - Apr 7 with 4811 viewstrinityann

Not in midfield, we have about the worst midfield in the league. We have no defensive midfielder which gives has no choice to play three central defenders and we have no creative attacking midfielder. We don't really have any decent out and out wingers.

We need the two Ayew brothers behind Tammy for the rest of the season and just cross our fingers. I just have that sneaky feeling Southampton will do us and sent us into the relegation zone in May and even a final day win against Stoke won't be enough.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2018 17:16]
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:18 - Apr 7 with 4762 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:15 - Apr 7 by trinityann

Not in midfield, we have about the worst midfield in the league. We have no defensive midfielder which gives has no choice to play three central defenders and we have no creative attacking midfielder. We don't really have any decent out and out wingers.

We need the two Ayew brothers behind Tammy for the rest of the season and just cross our fingers. I just have that sneaky feeling Southampton will do us and sent us into the relegation zone in May and even a final day win against Stoke won't be enough.

You forgot to add we don't have any decent strikers either.
We don't have any 20 goals a season players.
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:20 - Apr 7 with 4738 viewsmagicdaps10

The squad is poor.

Two or three good players in forward positions and it changes the whole dynamics. Hard work(scouting) and a bit of dough can get us to a level we all want.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:21 - Apr 7 with 4724 viewsexiledclaseboy

You just jumped the shark there.

Poll: Tory leader

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:22 - Apr 7 with 4713 viewsFireboy2

To the op bellend dyss

Yes it was a bad performance but we werent fortunate to get a point as wba were awful

We should have gone for it
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:23 - Apr 7 with 4693 viewsjacktar

Wrong.
You're not really as clever as you think you are Dwight.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:29 - Apr 7 with 4633 viewsmax936

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:15 - Apr 7 by trinityann

Stoke played really well today apparently, Phil Thompson seems to think they can get out of it, I agree on Southampton I find it hard to believe that they'll go down.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2018 17:34]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:31 - Apr 7 with 4608 viewsSwanzay

You cant polish a turd, we are now back to watching Clementesque performances, FFS we today played the team bottom of the Premier and started with 5 at back....

We look completely lost once we get into the opponents half, Im not blaming Carlos for this, Im blaming our woefully inadequate scouting system and to many of Huw's bargain purchases.

FFS we are in 2018 and still Dyer and Routledge are on the bench, that screams of lack of investment to me!
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:34 - Apr 7 with 4572 viewsSwanLuke

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:31 - Apr 7 by Swanzay

You cant polish a turd, we are now back to watching Clementesque performances, FFS we today played the team bottom of the Premier and started with 5 at back....

We look completely lost once we get into the opponents half, Im not blaming Carlos for this, Im blaming our woefully inadequate scouting system and to many of Huw's bargain purchases.

FFS we are in 2018 and still Dyer and Routledge are on the bench, that screams of lack of investment to me!

Totally agree with this, I’m still unsure about Carlos but you can’t fault what he has done. At Christmas we looked dead and buried but he’s managed to give us a very good chance. It clearly comes down to a lack of investment on the pitch.
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:36 - Apr 7 with 4541 viewsjack247

Even by Dwights standards that OP is seriously tongue in cheek.

Of course they are well earned points. They are points we wouldn’t have picked up before Carvahal came in. We set up to contain teams and look to counter in the second half when they push forward. If we concede, we take the game to our opponents a bit more. It doesn’t always work, but it’s gained us some very valuable points.

People may not enjoy watching it, but that’s not his remit. His job is to keep us in the Premier League.
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:39 - Apr 7 with 4511 viewsDippy

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:36 - Apr 7 by jack247

Even by Dwights standards that OP is seriously tongue in cheek.

Of course they are well earned points. They are points we wouldn’t have picked up before Carvahal came in. We set up to contain teams and look to counter in the second half when they push forward. If we concede, we take the game to our opponents a bit more. It doesn’t always work, but it’s gained us some very valuable points.

People may not enjoy watching it, but that’s not his remit. His job is to keep us in the Premier League.

Our team are so devoid of tactical nous.. to even suggest we have any..

We struggle to make 5 consecutive passes.. I'll concentrate on that before even tactics comes into consideration.

At this level it should be a given..

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:41 - Apr 7 with 4487 viewsAmbergambler

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:09 - Apr 7 by Oldjack

no it's not ,it comes to something when you have to bring on Dyer and Routs

And be pleased to see them!
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:44 - Apr 7 with 4455 viewsleighton1318

What should have clicked is ...

.. we have a squad which wouldn’t get out of the Championship (at least, not upwards) but is just about good enough to hang on in the Prem. That may get us through this season, but is no basis for going into next.
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:47 - Apr 7 with 4431 viewsjack247

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:39 - Apr 7 by Dippy

Our team are so devoid of tactical nous.. to even suggest we have any..

We struggle to make 5 consecutive passes.. I'll concentrate on that before even tactics comes into consideration.

At this level it should be a given..

If you mean constructing attacks, then yes, we really struggle without Jordan’s spark or Bonys hold up play to call on. He’s playing with a fairly limited deck there. Should improve now Jordan is back, but I wouldn’t expect us to turn into Barcelona going forward.

Defensively, we ride our luck at times, but on the whole they look well drilled. Inviting pressure by not having much of an outlet doesn’t help us. If we didn’t have tactical nous, we’d be getting hammered every week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024