Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think it has finally clicked for most... 17:03 - Apr 7 with 11717 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

That these draws and performances away from home weren't gutsy, they weren't well earned points; they were all horrific performances where we were very fortunate to escape with a point, or in some cases only a 2 or 3 goal deficit.

EVERY away game under Carlos has been as embarrassing as that. Regardless if the opposition are Manchester United, Southampton, West Brom, Sheffield Wednesday or even Notts County.

Pay him well in May for trying or perhaps successfully keeping us up but I really hope we part company in the Summer. It is clear why Sheffield Wednesday fans loathed him and he certainly isn't going to take us forward over a 38 match season.

I look forward to revisiting old match day threads where I was viciously verbally abused for making these points months earlier to see how the usual lot have changed their minds and agree with me on this topic as quickly as they flipped on a lot of other issues as well.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:50 - Apr 7 with 1582 viewsMartyrman57

Many valid posts in this thread, original poster excepted.
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:55 - Apr 7 with 1561 viewsBirchgrovejack

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:18 - Apr 7 by A_Fans_Dad

You forgot to add we don't have any decent strikers either.
We don't have any 20 goals a season players.

You'd struggle to find a 20 goal a season player below the top 6 in the last decade??
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:56 - Apr 7 with 1554 viewsDippy

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:47 - Apr 7 by jack247

If you mean constructing attacks, then yes, we really struggle without Jordan’s spark or Bonys hold up play to call on. He’s playing with a fairly limited deck there. Should improve now Jordan is back, but I wouldn’t expect us to turn into Barcelona going forward.

Defensively, we ride our luck at times, but on the whole they look well drilled. Inviting pressure by not having much of an outlet doesn’t help us. If we didn’t have tactical nous, we’d be getting hammered every week.

No.. complete 5 consecutive passes.. we struggle to do it.. this is how poor we are.. we're unable to make 5 passes consecutively..

This is our current level.

You're talking different ball games from where we're at.

Poll: Cooper Out

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:57 - Apr 7 with 1548 viewsjack247

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:31 - Apr 7 by Swanzay

You cant polish a turd, we are now back to watching Clementesque performances, FFS we today played the team bottom of the Premier and started with 5 at back....

We look completely lost once we get into the opponents half, Im not blaming Carlos for this, Im blaming our woefully inadequate scouting system and to many of Huw's bargain purchases.

FFS we are in 2018 and still Dyer and Routledge are on the bench, that screams of lack of investment to me!

These aren’t Clementesque performances. We don’t look dead and buried when we go 1-0 down.

The rest of your post I agree with. Carlos is doing (in my view) a remarkable job with the players at his disposal. It’s often not pretty, but he looks like keeping us up. We had bigger odds than West Brom when he started.

It’s getting the big transfers (purchases not sales) wrong that’s handicapping us, not the manager or the tactics.
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:58 - Apr 7 with 1542 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:44 - Apr 7 by leighton1318

What should have clicked is ...

.. we have a squad which wouldn’t get out of the Championship (at least, not upwards) but is just about good enough to hang on in the Prem. That may get us through this season, but is no basis for going into next.

Beat the run away leaders at home an drew with them away
Beat Wednesday at home drew with them away.

If that was repeated in Championship two points average game would give us 92 points

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:14 - Apr 7 with 1495 viewsN_T_J

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:09 - Apr 7 by E20Jack

I think it's a perspective issue. Fans think we should be doing better than what we are.

We are not a very good side. We have a largely decent Championship side with a smattering of PL quality. Every single away game will be hard, even bottom of the league.

Need to get real. I'm proud of that point today. Could easily have lost.

Agree good point. 1 more win and a draw will be enough aslong as Arsenal turn up and do a job tomorrow on Southampton
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:15 - Apr 7 with 1493 viewsBobby_Fischer

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:22 - Apr 7 by Fireboy2

To the op bellend dyss

Yes it was a bad performance but we werent fortunate to get a point as wba were awful

We should have gone for it

To you, one of the thickest *f8ckers on here. You are not alone though, so don't panic.

It really is like the Paris Enlightenment on here at the moment (Google it Waterboy)

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:18 - Apr 7 with 1484 viewsItchySphincter

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:09 - Apr 7 by Oldjack

no it's not ,it comes to something when you have to bring on Dyer and Routs

And Ki.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:20 - Apr 7 with 1477 viewsShaky

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:36 - Apr 7 by jack247

Even by Dwights standards that OP is seriously tongue in cheek.

Of course they are well earned points. They are points we wouldn’t have picked up before Carvahal came in. We set up to contain teams and look to counter in the second half when they push forward. If we concede, we take the game to our opponents a bit more. It doesn’t always work, but it’s gained us some very valuable points.

People may not enjoy watching it, but that’s not his remit. His job is to keep us in the Premier League.

"They are points we wouldn’t have picked up before Carvahal came in. We set up to contain teams and look to counter in the second half when they push forward. If we concede, we take the game to our opponents a bit more."

And these tactics differ from Clement's how exactly?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:22 - Apr 7 with 1469 viewsBobby_Fischer

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:55 - Apr 7 by Birchgrovejack

You'd struggle to find a 20 goal a season player below the top 6 in the last decade??

The guy is an idiot, hes been watching football for 2 years from his arm chair

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:26 - Apr 7 with 1457 viewslonglostjack

Looking at the bench today tells you all you need to know about the investment that is needed in the Summer.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:28 - Apr 7 with 1451 viewsscruffyjack

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:31 - Apr 7 by Swanzay

You cant polish a turd, we are now back to watching Clementesque performances, FFS we today played the team bottom of the Premier and started with 5 at back....

We look completely lost once we get into the opponents half, Im not blaming Carlos for this, Im blaming our woefully inadequate scouting system and to many of Huw's bargain purchases.

FFS we are in 2018 and still Dyer and Routledge are on the bench, that screams of lack of investment to me!

Totally agree with this, we have a serious lack of ability in our squad and that is down to the tvvat in charge of recruitment. Do the decent thing and f**k off.
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:29 - Apr 7 with 1448 viewslondonlisa2001

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:20 - Apr 7 by Shaky

"They are points we wouldn’t have picked up before Carvahal came in. We set up to contain teams and look to counter in the second half when they push forward. If we concede, we take the game to our opponents a bit more."

They don't.

I think the difference I see that Carlos has instilled a little more belief, and has been fortunate that a couple of good and unexpected results against Liverpool and Arsenal changed the mentality of the player to keep going.

The actual way we play hasn't changed an awful lot. The form of Jordan Ayew recently has masked problems that have resurfaced while he's been out.
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:31 - Apr 7 with 1434 viewsjack247

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:20 - Apr 7 by Shaky

‘and look to counter in the second half when they push forward. If we concede, we take the game to our opponents a bit more’
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:37 - Apr 7 with 1421 viewsShaky

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:29 - Apr 7 by londonlisa2001

They don't.

I think the difference I see that Carlos has instilled a little more belief, and has been fortunate that a couple of good and unexpected results against Liverpool and Arsenal changed the mentality of the player to keep going.

The actual way we play hasn't changed an awful lot. The form of Jordan Ayew recently has masked problems that have resurfaced while he's been out.

I'm sorry but I find the praise lavished on Jordan Ayew somewhat misplaced and amusing. To me he is at best a bang average talent in a team of serious underachievers. A bit of a minnow in a pond full of tiddlers.

As others have observed the squad is seriously weak, and requires significant investment during the summer.

And in order to achieve that the club is in urgent need of recapitalisation.

Misology -- It's a bitch

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:42 - Apr 7 with 1408 viewsShaky

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:31 - Apr 7 by jack247

‘and look to counter in the second half when they push forward. If we concede, we take the game to our opponents a bit more’

C'mon, that's exactly what Clem tried to do.

Misology -- It's a bitch

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:45 - Apr 7 with 1395 viewsjack247

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:42 - Apr 7 by Shaky

C'mon, that's exactly what Clem tried to do.

But he was incapable of doing it. If you want, Carlos uses similar tactics but employs them better.

We wouldn’t have come back into that under Clement.
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:48 - Apr 7 with 1389 viewslondonlisa2001

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:37 - Apr 7 by Shaky

I'm sorry but I find the praise lavished on Jordan Ayew somewhat misplaced and amusing. To me he is at best a bang average talent in a team of serious underachievers. A bit of a minnow in a pond full of tiddlers.

As others have observed the squad is seriously weak, and requires significant investment during the summer.

And in order to achieve that the club is in urgent need of recapitalisation.

You mistake me thinking he's pretty much the only glimmer of creativity in our squad for lavishing praise Shaky.

The squad is not seriously weak, it is absolutely woeful as I have said for at least the last two years.

The club isn't going to see any serious investment from these owners - have a look what they say In the FT today if you are in any doubt. It's all about treading water for the next TV deal. Which again I've been saying since they came in.
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:56 - Apr 7 with 1349 viewscurleigh

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:06 - Apr 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I disagree. This squad is far superior to many in this league.

Is that why we are fighting for survival, West Brom who are pretty much down were by FAR the better side
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:56 - Apr 7 with 1346 viewsTheResurrection

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:48 - Apr 7 by londonlisa2001

You mistake me thinking he's pretty much the only glimmer of creativity in our squad for lavishing praise Shaky.

The squad is not seriously weak, it is absolutely woeful as I have said for at least the last two years.

The club isn't going to see any serious investment from these owners - have a look what they say In the FT today if you are in any doubt. It's all about treading water for the next TV deal. Which again I've been saying since they came in.

That's not what they said in that article. Not one bit so come on, Lisa.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:01 - Apr 7 with 1321 viewsDippy

Who's comfortable at this level for us?

Fabianski
Fernandez
Ki
J.Ayew
A.Ayew

That's about it.. they're no great shakes. But they're the only one's you could argue who have legitimate credentials to earn a top level contract.

Fabianski - kicking is suspect, corners have improved, but relatively solid positioning and shot stopping
Fernandez - bit weak in aerial duels on times, awful in the opposition box.. but positionally our best defender.
Ki - bit weak in the challenge and switches off now and again.. but dictating possession and tempo is his forte.
J.Ayew - has tendencies to go missing and a temperament problem.. but offers a bit of an edge up top, and work ethic.
A.Ayew - lacks required pace out wide, and not the most technically gifted.. but offers work ethic.. positional discipline, box presence and goals.

The others have so many weaknesses and very little strengths.

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:18 - Apr 7 with 1281 viewsTreforys_Jack

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:11 - Apr 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yes, I thought that was common knowledge?

No
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:21 - Apr 7 with 1272 viewsjack247

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:01 - Apr 7 by Dippy

Who's comfortable at this level for us?

Fabianski
Fernandez
Ki
J.Ayew
A.Ayew

That's about it.. they're no great shakes. But they're the only one's you could argue who have legitimate credentials to earn a top level contract.

Fabianski - kicking is suspect, corners have improved, but relatively solid positioning and shot stopping
Fernandez - bit weak in aerial duels on times, awful in the opposition box.. but positionally our best defender.
Ki - bit weak in the challenge and switches off now and again.. but dictating possession and tempo is his forte.
J.Ayew - has tendencies to go missing and a temperament problem.. but offers a bit of an edge up top, and work ethic.
A.Ayew - lacks required pace out wide, and not the most technically gifted.. but offers work ethic.. positional discipline, box presence and goals.

The others have so many weaknesses and very little strengths.

You’re overestimating everyone else. If you don’t think the likes of Mawson, Olsson, Naughton, King and Bony are comfortable at this level, you could easily run the same exercise for most of the teams in the bottom half and whittle them down to four or five players.

Yes, to progress we need investment, but we aren’t going to get it to any great degree from the Americans, all they are concerned with is survival.
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:31 - Apr 7 with 1255 viewslondonlisa2001

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:56 - Apr 7 by TheResurrection

That's not what they said in that article. Not one bit so come on, Lisa.

I don't mean it negatively Chris.

They said they want the club to be sustainable. I think that's exactly right as it happens. I always have.

Shaky was talking about recapitalisation - the tread water bit was a reference to that. They won't be putting in substantial investment in my opinion. They may put in money as a specific investment in the stadium.

But they have invested to get gains from TV deals. They referred to it specifically. Even if they don't increase commercial income / match day income. Again they said that quite specifically.
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:32 - Apr 7 with 1253 viewsDippy

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:21 - Apr 7 by jack247

You’re overestimating everyone else. If you don’t think the likes of Mawson, Olsson, Naughton, King and Bony are comfortable at this level, you could easily run the same exercise for most of the teams in the bottom half and whittle them down to four or five players.

Yes, to progress we need investment, but we aren’t going to get it to any great degree from the Americans, all they are concerned with is survival.

Or realistic..

Mawson - is relatively inexperienced.. gets caught way too often.. and against the big boys gets exposed. Championship.

Olsson - one decent season, always defensively suspect.. he doesn't even go forward anymore. Tactics exposing how awful he is. Championship

Naughton - HAHAHA.. does he have a strength? Can't cross, doesn't track back, flimsy in the challenge, positionally depthless - Championship (that's being kind)

King - it's early days.. haven't seen enough of him.

Bony - hasn't he retired?.. he has looked grandad upfront on times this season. Should go to China.

I'm a realist mate.. their limited strengths are not good enough for this league.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024