Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not convinced by Carlos 22:14 - Apr 7 with 6084 viewsleebracey

I'll wager he won't be in charge this time next season...Teams will soon pick us off for playing 5 at the back...we are stumbling over the finishing line..Monk,Guidolin, Bradley, Clement and now Carlos...Negative football gets you know where...What's Roberto doing after the world cup!!?
Not convinced by Carlos on 22:16 - Apr 7 with 4388 viewsNeathJack

Getting sacked by Belgium for being completely unable to organise a team I'd imagine.
Not convinced by Carlos on 22:22 - Apr 7 with 4353 viewsleebracey

Not convinced by Carlos on 22:16 - Apr 7 by NeathJack

Getting sacked by Belgium for being completely unable to organise a team I'd imagine.

Short memory of his time managing us then....bet you milked it when we won league one with a record points total though.
Not convinced by Carlos on 22:23 - Apr 7 with 4350 viewsNeathJack

Not convinced by Carlos on 22:22 - Apr 7 by leebracey

Short memory of his time managing us then....bet you milked it when we won league one with a record points total though.

Absolutely, he's a great League 1 manager.
Not convinced by Carlos on 22:24 - Apr 7 with 4344 viewslonglostjack

Martinez ? No thanks. Give Carlos a transfer window. How many managers can we go through FFS?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Not convinced by Carlos on 22:30 - Apr 7 with 4289 viewsSTID2017

Not convinced by Carlos on 22:24 - Apr 7 by longlostjack

Martinez ? No thanks. Give Carlos a transfer window. How many managers can we go through FFS?

Agree.
He had a joking transfer window in January but the only way he can avoid another struggle next season is if he is fully backed in clearing out the deadwood and making some quality replacement signings (Joe Allen being one from the Stoke firesale when they are relegated

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Not convinced by Carlos on 22:32 - Apr 7 with 4292 viewsCaptain_Sham

Not convinced by Carlos on 22:22 - Apr 7 by leebracey

Wheras you cant remember where we were in the league 10 weeks ago.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2018 22:33]

Its just a ride.

Not convinced by Carlos on 22:35 - Apr 7 with 4259 viewsRancid

I am and I think he'll keep us up.What doesn't sit right with me is this caricature figure he's become.Only last week Mourinho patronized him in the post match interview and talked about buying everyone cakes.The Formula 1 jibe at Liverpool was great but lets leave it at that is it.

To be fair he's been quiet since our dip in form.
Not convinced by Carlos on 22:52 - Apr 7 with 4172 viewsLeonWasGod

Not convinced by Carlos on 22:24 - Apr 7 by longlostjack

We probably should give him a window. Although crap signings is where it all started to go wrong for him at Wednesday apparently. So could be an ‘interesting’ time ahead. He’s definitely deserved the right though. We’ve regressed in the last 3/4 games bar West Haaam, but he’s had a remarkable impact for the main part.
Login to get fewer ads

Not convinced by Carlos on 08:32 - Apr 8 with 3883 viewsLoyal

Not convinced by Carlos on 22:52 - Apr 7 by LeonWasGod

We probably should give him a window. Although crap signings is where it all started to go wrong for him at Wednesday apparently. So could be an ‘interesting’ time ahead. He’s definitely deserved the right though. We’ve regressed in the last 3/4 games bar West Haaam, but he’s had a remarkable impact for the main part.

I'll give him a widow if he carries on boring me to death every Saturday.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Not convinced by Carlos on 08:36 - Apr 8 with 3870 viewsDr_Winston

Not convinced by Carlos on 22:16 - Apr 7 by NeathJack

"after a 3-3 draw with Mexico in November, playmaker Kevin de Bruyne said: "We still put too much on our talents. As long as we don't have a good tactical system, we will have difficulties against countries like Mexico."

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Not convinced by Carlos on 12:59 - Apr 8 with 3680 viewsRevJames

Look at the bigger picture.

You can only bake a beautiful cake if you have the right ingredients and you buy your ingredients in a decent shop.

Everyone knows our problems go deeper than the Manager and quite frankly, he has performed a miracle with what he has at his disposal.

If we survive, the Club needs to take a long hard look at everything it does to make sure (again) that it learns the lessons of the last few seasons to avoid the perpetual floating around the basement of the PL
Not convinced by Carlos on 13:07 - Apr 8 with 3652 viewsFireboy2

Not convinced by Carlos on 12:59 - Apr 8 by RevJames

You can only bake a beautiful cake if you have the right ingredients and you buy your ingredients in a decent shop.

Everyone knows our problems go deeper than the Manager and quite frankly, he has performed a miracle with what he has at his disposal.

If we survive, the Club needs to take a long hard look at everything it does to make sure (again) that it learns the lessons of the last few seasons to avoid the perpetual floating around the basement of the PL

Great post Rev

And a big thumbs up for your beer its great as well
Not convinced by Carlos on 13:25 - Apr 8 with 3607 viewsandrew

Tammy saved his skin yesterday. Just before the goal CC was about to bring Routledge on. I even turned to my mate and said “If he comes on I’m leaving”.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Not convinced by Carlos on 13:28 - Apr 8 with 3592 viewsAmbergambler

Not convinced by Carlos on 22:35 - Apr 7 by Rancid

I am and I think he'll keep us up.What doesn't sit right with me is this caricature figure he's become.Only last week Mourinho patronized him in the post match interview and talked about buying everyone cakes.The Formula 1 jibe at Liverpool was great but lets leave it at that is it.

To be fair he's been quiet since our dip in form.

I don't think he comes across as a caricature figure.

He deals with interviews well in his charming, Portugese way unlike his chum Mourinho but I think he's very astute and would know where to draw the line.

He is also quite articulate unlike previous managers. Don't underestimate him.
Not convinced by Carlos on 13:35 - Apr 8 with 3566 viewsthornabyswan

Not convinced by Carlos on 22:30 - Apr 7 by STID2017

Agree.
He had a joking transfer window in January but the only way he can avoid another struggle next season is if he is fully backed in clearing out the deadwood and making some quality replacement signings (Joe Allen being one from the Stoke firesale when they are relegated

Not sure about joking window broke our transfer record to sign Ayew and got a 6 million pound rated player on loan.
Both players have made an impact.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Not convinced by Carlos on 13:54 - Apr 8 with 3535 viewsmajorraglan

Not convinced by Carlos on 12:59 - Apr 8 by RevJames

Francesco Guidolin’s systems and tactics were questioned, as were Clements and now CC. All at some point have been criticised re the defensive formations and attacking intent, it strikes me that there is a theme whereby all are playing a defensive game, probably in order to make up for some shortcomings in the squad.
Not convinced by Carlos on 13:56 - Apr 8 with 3529 viewssainthelens

Not convinced by Carlos on 08:32 - Apr 8 by Loyal

I'll give him a widow if he carries on boring me to death every Saturday.

Brilliant, love that.
Not convinced by Carlos on 14:15 - Apr 8 with 3490 viewsthornabyswan

Not convinced by Carlos on 22:23 - Apr 7 by NeathJack

Absolutely, he's a great League 1 manager.

I went off him after I threw his signed autobiography on the bonfire.
Championship is about his max I think.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Not convinced by Carlos on 17:35 - Apr 8 with 3302 viewsCroftyjack

Not convinced by Carlos on 22:52 - Apr 7 by LeonWasGod

6 games you mean bar West ham
..Brighton, hudds, spurs,man.utd, wba...where the West ham performance came amongst the others is unbelievable really
All other 5 games we have been totally embarrassing and offered little.
Not convinced by Carlos on 17:52 - Apr 8 with 3243 viewsjack247

Not convinced by Carlos on 17:35 - Apr 8 by Croftyjack

6 games you mean bar West ham
..Brighton, hudds, spurs,man.utd, wba...where the West ham performance came amongst the others is unbelievable really
All other 5 games we have been totally embarrassing and offered little.

If you’re counting FA cup games our last six were:

Sheffield Wednesday
West Ham
Huddersfield
Spurs
Man United
West Brom

If you aren’t:

Burnley
Brighton
West Ham
Huddersfield
Man United
West Brom

Either way, we’ve won two, drawn two and lost two. Have been without Jordan Ayew for most of it and had 10 men most of the game at Huddersfield.

Only really bad game in the last six was Spurs/Brighton depending on whether you’re looking at cup games,
Not convinced by Carlos on 18:01 - Apr 8 with 3210 viewspencoedjack

Not convinced by Carlos on 22:30 - Apr 7 by STID2017

Agree.

Problem is there is a lot of deadwood & not much saleable assets

As we are owned by a hedge fund can’t see any decent money being spent.

Personally I wouldn’t keep Carlos
Not convinced by Carlos on 19:04 - Apr 8 with 3094 viewssainthelens

I'm really struggling to get a grip on this thread. Not sure what people want or were expecting? The guy has performed a minor miracle with what's at his disposal, and should be getting nothing short of 100% backing off every single fan. Never mind fckn nitpicking.
Not convinced by Carlos on 19:09 - Apr 8 with 3072 viewsAmbergambler

Not convinced by Carlos on 19:04 - Apr 8 by sainthelens

I'm really struggling to get a grip on this thread. Not sure what people want or were expecting? The guy has performed a minor miracle with what's at his disposal, and should be getting nothing short of 100% backing off every single fan. Never mind fckn nitpicking.

That's spot on.
Not convinced by Carlos on 19:10 - Apr 8 with 3064 viewsjackrabbit

Not convinced by Carlos on 19:04 - Apr 8 by sainthelens

Totally agree. I watched Southampton lose to Arsenal today — unluckily — they were the better team. And I also watched West Ham get a draw at Chelsea — both teams — Soton and Hammers- are so much better than Swansea. I give tons of credit to Carlos for getting a tune out of the broken trumpet that is Swansea. If we survive, we need a huge injection of quality in the summer. Will it come though?
Not convinced by Carlos on 19:16 - Apr 8 with 3048 viewsjack247

Not convinced by Carlos on 19:10 - Apr 8 by jackrabbit

Totally agree. I watched Southampton lose to Arsenal today — unluckily — they were the better team. And I also watched West Ham get a draw at Chelsea — both teams — Soton and Hammers- are so much better than Swansea. I give tons of credit to Carlos for getting a tune out of the broken trumpet that is Swansea. If we survive, we need a huge injection of quality in the summer. Will it come though?

No it won’t. Agree with what you say, though Southampton and West Ham have better squads than a good few teams above them.

Tons of credit to Carlos whatever, it’s easy to forget how dead and buried we were at Christmas time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024