Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time for Leon Britton ? 08:23 - Apr 8 with 5597 viewsLoyal

Is it time for Leon Britton ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 08:28 - Apr 8 with 4735 viewscanhecatchit

Yes even though he is 35? He is the only one that steadies the ship in midfield, no harm in trying him in there for 60 minutes a game is it ?

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 08:37 - Apr 8 with 4710 viewsSTID2017

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 08:28 - Apr 8 by canhecatchit

Yes even though he is 35? He is the only one that steadies the ship in midfield, no harm in trying him in there for 60 minutes a game is it ?

He is head and shoulders over Carroll (not in height obviously) and he'd give us the impetus we need to get over the line in the next few games.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 8:37]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 08:44 - Apr 8 with 4693 viewsSwan91

As much as I like Britton it won't change much with him on.. we focus so much on defending that there is too much space in midfield and there are no link up plays between midfield and strikers. I think it is time for a formation change. less in defence.. more in midfield with 1 midfielder being able to link up more and help the strikers more.
Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 08:46 - Apr 8 with 4687 viewsSTID2017

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 08:44 - Apr 8 by Swan91

As much as I like Britton it won't change much with him on.. we focus so much on defending that there is too much space in midfield and there are no link up plays between midfield and strikers. I think it is time for a formation change. less in defence.. more in midfield with 1 midfielder being able to link up more and help the strikers more.

Leon has a shot or two in him mind, to help the strikers

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 09:31 - Apr 8 with 4623 viewsSgorioFruit

Is it time for Leon?
Honestly, I’ve given up trying to say this for the last three years.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 09:35 - Apr 8 with 4605 views3swan

Leon could be a catalyst, but I seriously believe that his back injury over the years have now caught up and will affect his mobility.
I would love to say yes but we're not in the position with 6 games to go to take that chance
Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 09:43 - Apr 8 with 4583 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It’s time for the Leon of 5 years ago.

Sadly, that version is irreparably broken.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 09:04 - Apr 9 with 4314 viewsLoyal

71% so far say yes .....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Login to get fewer ads

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 09:50 - Apr 9 with 4248 viewsAl_Bundy

Sentimentality v Reality
Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 10:28 - Apr 9 with 4213 viewswestwalesed

He should definitely be a bench player, bring him on with 20 to go etc if we need to steady the ship.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 11:29 - Apr 9 with 4178 viewsTimBowen

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 10:28 - Apr 9 by westwalesed

He should definitely be a bench player, bring him on with 20 to go etc if we need to steady the ship.

This.
Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 13:57 - Apr 9 with 4085 viewsBytholWyn

There's got to be a big doubt about Leon's match fitness at the very least - but we sorely missed his composure on Saturday. I find it mystifying how Carvalhal can wax lyrical about the likes of Clucas and King who are mediocre when it comes to the basics of passing with accuracy, weight and tempo. Carroll sadly hasn't filled the gap, and Ki only manages it in part. If he's fit he should be a cert for the bench - the fact that he's not there raises question marks about Carvalhal's judgement and footballing philosophy in general.
Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 14:34 - Apr 9 with 4064 viewssherpajacob

If only we'd put some effort into finding a long term replacement.

Somebody who plays in a similar way, with proven ability in PL and internationally at a major tournament.

Failing that, someone from la liga with impressive passing stats

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 14:38 - Apr 9 with 4059 viewsLoyal

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 14:34 - Apr 9 by sherpajacob

If only we'd put some effort into finding a long term replacement.

Somebody who plays in a similar way, with proven ability in PL and internationally at a major tournament.

Failing that, someone from la liga with impressive passing stats

The bloke on loan at Sevilla ?

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 16:51 - Apr 9 with 3991 viewssP7qupUf

Look at the pace that some teams are playing at!! He's 35, been injured for ages. He's get destroyed.

I'm afraid that he falls into the category of Routs, Dyer, Rangel etc. Before I get shot down, someone else mentioned sentiment. I'm afraid there is no room for it.... Tommy Smith, Ian Callaghan, Jan Molby. Let's not forget they have made far more money than most people will ever see in a lifetime....and that includes Leon.
Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 17:00 - Apr 9 with 3982 viewsBobby_Fischer

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 14:38 - Apr 9 by Loyal

The bloke on loan at Sevilla ?

He hasn't played 90 minutes for them.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 02:25 - Apr 10 with 3802 viewsmajorraglan

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 16:51 - Apr 9 by sP7qupUf

Look at the pace that some teams are playing at!! He's 35, been injured for ages. He's get destroyed.

I'm afraid that he falls into the category of Routs, Dyer, Rangel etc. Before I get shot down, someone else mentioned sentiment. I'm afraid there is no room for it.... Tommy Smith, Ian Callaghan, Jan Molby. Let's not forget they have made far more money than most people will ever see in a lifetime....and that includes Leon.

You won’t be shot down by me! Leon has been a great player for Swansea and I believe he has a lot to offer the club, but not as a first choice midfielder in the first X1. He is 36 next September and at PL level his best days are behind him.

I think he couldhas the right credentials to coach and manage and in terms of Swansea City, that is where his future lies.
Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 06:33 - Apr 10 with 3739 viewsDr_Winston

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 02:25 - Apr 10 by majorraglan

You won’t be shot down by me! Leon has been a great player for Swansea and I believe he has a lot to offer the club, but not as a first choice midfielder in the first X1. He is 36 next September and at PL level his best days are behind him.

I think he couldhas the right credentials to coach and manage and in terms of Swansea City, that is where his future lies.

I think we learned from the Monk debacle that thinking someone has the credentials to manage Swansea City and them actually having the ability to do it are two very different things.

If Leon has designs on being a future manager of the club and making a decent fist of it the first thing he needs to do it get away. Have a few years coaching elsewhere (even on the continent). Gain experience. Soak up influences. If after that he proves himself at a lower level then by all means give him a shot.

We have to move away from the "jobs for the boys" mentality. The only reason a manager or coach should be at the club is because they're the best person available for the position. Past playing experience or history here should never be a factor.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 22:52 - Apr 12 with 3512 viewsSgorioFruit

You can say what you want about Leon no longer being the player we need but if he played for us against Everton this weekend you would get 120% maximum effort, hungry, dedicated, commited to get the ball, control the tempo and move forward with play.
Which is a lot more than what can be said for a good 9 or 10 players I seen in a swans shirt against West Brom last weekend.

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 23:21 - Apr 12 with 3495 viewsbuilthjack

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 09:04 - Apr 9 by Loyal

71% so far say yes .....

76.4% now

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 06:17 - Apr 13 with 3445 viewsJethroJack

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 06:33 - Apr 10 by Dr_Winston

I think we learned from the Monk debacle that thinking someone has the credentials to manage Swansea City and them actually having the ability to do it are two very different things.

If Leon has designs on being a future manager of the club and making a decent fist of it the first thing he needs to do it get away. Have a few years coaching elsewhere (even on the continent). Gain experience. Soak up influences. If after that he proves himself at a lower level then by all means give him a shot.

We have to move away from the "jobs for the boys" mentality. The only reason a manager or coach should be at the club is because they're the best person available for the position. Past playing experience or history here should never be a factor.

Notable exceptions being Pep at Barca & Zidane at Real.
Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 06:36 - Apr 13 with 3435 viewsdickythorpe

Leon is ideal for the last few games. Don't write him off!!!
We've got midfielders 10 years younger than him that aren't fit to lace his boots!
We've got players nearly a foot taller than him that havent got his heart!
Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 07:03 - Apr 13 with 3427 viewsjack247

No
Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 21:14 - May 14 with 3107 viewsSgorioFruit

Leon was the most sharp, energetic and intelligent footballer on the pitch for the swans yesterday.
Why was he overlooked for the run in? I am assuming due to fitness.
But Rangel and Leon yesterday put the rest of our so called premier league players to shame.

Still a conspiracy me thinks. I mean any manager in their right mind would play these two for the run in if what we had wasn't already working. A fool could see that,

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 22:14 - May 14 with 2988 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Is it time for Leon Britton ? on 21:14 - May 14 by SgorioFruit

Leon was the most sharp, energetic and intelligent footballer on the pitch for the swans yesterday.
Why was he overlooked for the run in? I am assuming due to fitness.
But Rangel and Leon yesterday put the rest of our so called premier league players to shame.

Still a conspiracy me thinks. I mean any manager in their right mind would play these two for the run in if what we had wasn't already working. A fool could see that,

He was for 20 minutes and actually helped Tom Carroll to look like a footballer. Leon tired in the last 10 and that’s why he wasn’t used in the run in. 20 minute cameos are fine if we are defending a lead but we never got into that situation.

Leon has made a decision to retire from playing because he knows his body can’t do it any more. If he could extend that 20 minutes to an hour he’d be worth a place in the squad. Unfortunately he can’t.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024