Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why wait? 13:28 - Apr 8 with 881 viewsBenJ94

Why do we wait until we're a goal down to actually start having a go at teams? Right from the off yesterday, West Brom closed us down, chased every ball, while we were once again so lacklustre, sloppy, and just plain crap. They're as good as down and still showed more fight than us. They get a goal and all of a sudden, we actually start playing, looking to go forward and eventually sneak a goal, and possibly could have gone on to win. But the question is, why don't we start games like that?
Why wait? on 13:35 - Apr 8 with 869 viewsFireboy2

That waa a question we at the game were asking each other ben

As has been said many times carlos set us up for the draw as he didnt want to have another brighton happening

Very frustrating as wba arent aa good as brighton and were there for the taking
Why wait? on 15:00 - Apr 8 with 814 viewskarnataka

Why wait? on 13:35 - Apr 8 by Fireboy2

That waa a question we at the game were asking each other ben

As has been said many times carlos set us up for the draw as he didnt want to have another brighton happening

Very frustrating as wba arent aa good as brighton and were there for the taking

It certainly looks like they are under instruction not to go gung ho until it becomes absolutely necessary i.e when you're chasing the game. This is sensible enough against a top team who could rip you apart if you over commit and you have to be more cautious but against a bottom half team that you stand a decent chance of beating, I do find it a bit bizarre. Once we'd gone behind yesterday, everybody upped their effort until we scored, at which point, we went back to containment when we could have gone on to win it if we'd kept up the intensity that eventually got us the equaliser.
Why wait? on 15:15 - Apr 8 with 789 viewsunion_jack

Why wait? on 15:00 - Apr 8 by karnataka

It certainly looks like they are under instruction not to go gung ho until it becomes absolutely necessary i.e when you're chasing the game. This is sensible enough against a top team who could rip you apart if you over commit and you have to be more cautious but against a bottom half team that you stand a decent chance of beating, I do find it a bit bizarre. Once we'd gone behind yesterday, everybody upped their effort until we scored, at which point, we went back to containment when we could have gone on to win it if we'd kept up the intensity that eventually got us the equaliser.

Unless I misunderstood, listening to Carlos talk on motd yesterday he said that he wants them to play like that all game so would suggest that's not the instruction?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024