Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those who constantly tell me we are over achieving because we don't spend... 16:01 - Apr 9 with 1104 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaU19znX4AARpKg.jpg:large

In 2016-2017 only Leicester, Everton and Southampton spent more than us on wages (excluding the big clubs). We are not plucky little Swansea fighting it out amongst the big boys, we're spending massively and should be doing far better.

Whether the blame for the underachieving lies with the owners, the scouts, the self appointed director of football or the manager is up for debate. But us not spending enough certainly isn't. I'd be amazed if the likes of Huddersfield had a player on 30k a week, yet we likely have multiple players close to £100,000 a week and they still made us look like a conference side.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 16:37]

We would be comfortably mid table with Joe Allen and Brendan Rodgers
Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

For those who constantly tell me we are over achieving because we don't spend... on 16:15 - Apr 9 with 1055 viewslondonlisa2001

"In 2016-2017 only Leicester, Everton and Southampton spent more than us on wages. We are not plucky little Swansea fighting it out amongst the big boys, we're spending massively and should be doing far better. "

Bloody hell Dwight, that's shocking. I can't believe Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs etc spend less in wages than us. We should be Champions League!

For those who constantly tell me we are over achieving because we don't spend... on 16:20 - Apr 9 with 1043 views3swan

Is that player wages or total club wages?

What was the wage for the 3 relegated clubs?
For those who constantly tell me we are over achieving because we don't spend... on 16:25 - Apr 9 with 1026 viewslondonlisa2001

For those who constantly tell me we are over achieving because we don't spend... on 16:20 - Apr 9 by 3swan

Is that player wages or total club wages?

What was the wage for the 3 relegated clubs?

Total. No way of separating it from the publicly available info.

Also includes pay offs to two sets of full manager / coaching teams.

Our overall wage budget is on a par with the teams around us. We are certainly not low spenders compared to our rivals. Neither are we high spenders.

Although I disagree with the premise that everyone keeps saying we are 'plucky little Swansea' anyway. Most on here at least are quite the reverse, and have expectations way beyond our current abilities.
For those who constantly tell me we are over achieving because we don't spend... on 16:30 - Apr 9 with 1009 views3swan

For those who constantly tell me we are over achieving because we don't spend... on 16:25 - Apr 9 by londonlisa2001

Total. No way of separating it from the publicly available info.

Also includes pay offs to two sets of full manager / coaching teams.

Our overall wage budget is on a par with the teams around us. We are certainly not low spenders compared to our rivals. Neither are we high spenders.

Although I disagree with the premise that everyone keeps saying we are 'plucky little Swansea' anyway. Most on here at least are quite the reverse, and have expectations way beyond our current abilities.

Total is what I was expecting.

Also Sunderland and Palace are from the previous season and 3 teams from the championship.

It has been stated many times over the years that Swansea have to pay slightly over the odds salary wise to encourage some players to move to a perceived geographical extreme.

Those figures aren't a big surprise but need to be controlled within our £'s receipts

For those who constantly tell me we are over achieving because we don't spend... on 16:41 - Apr 9 with 981 viewsjasper_T

We spend a lot of money but so little of it finds its way onto the pitch.

For those who constantly tell me we are over achieving because we don't spend... on 16:41 - Apr 9 with 981 viewsOldjack

Scouting ,no more to be said

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020