Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe Standing 18:16 - Apr 9 with 3521 viewsNeath_Jack

Has been rejected at West Brom...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43701400

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Safe Standing on 18:23 - Apr 9 with 3501 viewslonglostjack

So the minister has basically rejected safe standing in favour of unsafe standing. Clueless and out of touch.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Safe Standing on 18:38 - Apr 9 with 3464 viewsFireboy2

Safe Standing on 18:23 - Apr 9 by longlostjack

So the minister has basically rejected safe standing in favour of unsafe standing. Clueless and out of touch.

This spokesperson has obviously never been to a football match i guess
Safe Standing on 19:40 - Apr 9 with 3409 viewsSTID2017

Safe Standing on 18:23 - Apr 9 by longlostjack

True

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Safe Standing on 19:51 - Apr 9 with 3389 viewstrampie

All football grounds should have safe standing, having to sit to watch football unless you are old or have some kind of medical issue is not right on so many levels.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Safe Standing on 20:19 - Apr 9 with 3351 viewswestside

If they tried it at the Liberty would it be best in the lower tier or upper tier or the back half of the upper tier
Safe Standing on 20:28 - Apr 9 with 3326 viewsswanforthemoney

In our area of the North, we stand all game, every game. It doesn't feel particularly dangerous. I'd welcome safe standing for the extra space it would presumably provide.

I stand in the North Stand

Safe Standing on 20:29 - Apr 9 with 3321 viewslonglostjack

Safe Standing on 20:19 - Apr 9 by westside

If they tried it at the Liberty would it be best in the lower tier or upper tier or the back half of the upper tier

West Upper

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Safe Standing on 20:56 - Apr 9 with 3294 viewsMrSwerve

Safe Standing on 20:28 - Apr 9 by swanforthemoney

In our area of the North, we stand all game, every game. It doesn't feel particularly dangerous. I'd welcome safe standing for the extra space it would presumably provide.

I'm pretty sure that safe standing doesn't mean any extra space...each person stands where they would be sitting, meaning the same attendance.

Unless you mean physical space between people in which case yes it may be more comfortable.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Safe Standing on 21:01 - Apr 9 with 3285 viewsexiledclaseboy

Safe standing will be introduced eventually, it’s just a question of how long.

Poll: Tory leader

Safe Standing on 12:21 - Apr 10 with 3103 viewsGlyn1

Safe Standing on 20:56 - Apr 9 by MrSwerve

I'm pretty sure that safe standing doesn't mean any extra space...each person stands where they would be sitting, meaning the same attendance.

Unless you mean physical space between people in which case yes it may be more comfortable.

That's correct - everyone is still allocated a specific place in the ground as now, but the seats are less bulky and can be flipped up to allow standing ("rail seats").

And as all of us know, and as stated in The Guardian: "... a result of large numbers of fans making it clear they want the choice and many safety experts pointing out that standing itself is not dangerous but standing in seated areas is. It was this last point that prompted West Brom’s director of operations, Mark Miles, to make the application."

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Safe Standing on 13:39 - Apr 11 with 2936 viewsblaenaugwentjack

For all the people that want a return to safe standing me included, i can,t see it happening for quite some time.
Safe Standing on 14:46 - Apr 11 with 2901 viewsLeonWasGod

Safe Standing on 12:21 - Apr 10 by Glyn1

That's correct - everyone is still allocated a specific place in the ground as now, but the seats are less bulky and can be flipped up to allow standing ("rail seats").

And as all of us know, and as stated in The Guardian: "... a result of large numbers of fans making it clear they want the choice and many safety experts pointing out that standing itself is not dangerous but standing in seated areas is. It was this last point that prompted West Brom’s director of operations, Mark Miles, to make the application."

It's nonsensical isn't it. The issue with Hillsborough wasn't that people weren't sitting down, i twas them being wrongly diverted into a pen with no escape routes. Couldn't happen nowadays in the same way. There is absolutely no logical reason to prevent clubs using these rail seats.
Safe Standing on 17:59 - Apr 11 with 2866 viewsairedale

Safe Standing on 20:29 - Apr 9 by longlostjack

West Upper

OK, as long as they’re not too rowdy.
Safe Standing on 18:47 - Apr 11 with 2835 viewsHighjack

Safe Standing on 20:28 - Apr 9 by swanforthemoney

Most people learn how to stand safely at a very young age. Standing is not risky for most humans. Although I’m sure there are some on here who would argue our ancestors walked on four legs 59 million years ago so we’re acting unnaturally or something.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024