Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? 22:32 - Apr 9 with 6816 viewsGlyn1

I'm looking for a horse that may be slow but will probably jump most of the fences. Something around 25 to 1, or 33 to 1. It's to keep a young nephew interested in the race. Any recommendations please?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 07:33 - Apr 10 with 4068 viewsSTID2017

Go for Bonnie Kate. An Irish horse at 80 -1.
My Mam was Irish, her name was Kathleen (often shortened to Kate) and she passed away 35 years ago today.
The Grand National that year was run on 9th April and it was the only time I have ever picked a winner (Corbiere at 9 - 1).
It's an omen, I'm sure.
Otherwise, Tiger Roll at 12 - 1 sounds a good option

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 07:36 - Apr 10 with 4067 viewsJackfath

Nothing better than to get a young man interested in gambling at an early age.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 07:39 - Apr 10 with 4065 viewsdickythorpe

The two Bowen brothers from Pembs are worth an each way bet.
Sean is likely to be on Warriors Tale 40/1, and younger brother James is likely to be on 33/1 shot Shantou Flyer.
A horse I always have an each way bet on is Double Ross @50/1
I wouldn't rule out the 3 female jockeys plus keep an eye on Elliot and Mullins the Irish trainers.

It's possible that Welsh horse Henry Parry Morgan may run @100/1 , would be crazy not to do an each way on him.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 7:40]
Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 07:40 - Apr 10 with 4064 viewsSTID2017

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 07:36 - Apr 10 by Jackfath

50p each way never harmed anyone once a year.
BTW have you been away on your hollibubs ?
Haven't seen you posting lately

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 08:57 - Apr 10 with 4015 viewspikeypaul

Something under 11 stone.

1st four Home rarely contain a horse carrying over 11 st despite 30% carrying that weight.

Tiger Roll or Seeyouatmidnight for me

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 09:30 - Apr 10 with 4004 viewssainthelens

Feel free to bookmark this

Ucello Conti 25/1
Deffo be in first 4.
Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 09:58 - Apr 10 with 3988 viewsSTID2017

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 09:30 - Apr 10 by sainthelens

Feel free to bookmark this

Ucello Conti 25/1
Deffo be in first 4.

Fancy this one as well

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 10:08 - Apr 10 with 3971 viewsEbo

Dusty Carpet - Never been beaten. Lump on.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Login to get fewer ads

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 12:13 - Apr 10 with 3929 viewsGlyn1

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 07:36 - Apr 10 by Jackfath

It's getting him interested in a national annual sporting event not in betting. Heck, maybe seeing his horse lose will be good aversion therapy.

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 12:15 - Apr 10 with 3922 viewsSwanjaxs

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 12:13 - Apr 10 by Glyn1

It's getting him interested in a national annual sporting event not in betting. Heck, maybe seeing his horse lose will be good aversion therapy.

Just hope he doesn't see any horse's have to be shot because of a broken neck.... time this got banned in my honest opinion 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 12:43 - Apr 10 with 3906 viewsswanforthemoney

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 12:13 - Apr 10 by Glyn1

What if it wins? My first ever bet won the national. Dad and Grandad went to Aintree and put 4 bob on a horse for myself and each of my brothers. We'd each picked a horse and watched it on the telly.
Mine, Anglo, won at 50-1. 1966 it was.

I stand in the North Stand

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 12:53 - Apr 10 with 3896 viewslondonlisa2001

Of all the events to bet on, I suspect the National is the one least likely to cause someone to develop a betting habit. It's more of a bit of family fun.

I always had 50p each way or whatever it was on a horse for the National when I was a kid. Only horse race I've ever bet on in my life and even now I sometimes put a tenner on for fun although haven't done so for a few years now. I always forget it's happening.
Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 13:25 - Apr 10 with 3880 viewsHighjack

My mate “tight mouthed Larry” is a bookmaker and there’s a lot of excitement over a little known wonderhorse named Sad Ken.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 22:00 - Apr 10 with 3792 viewsGlyn1

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 07:39 - Apr 10 by dickythorpe

The two Bowen brothers from Pembs are worth an each way bet.
Sean is likely to be on Warriors Tale 40/1, and younger brother James is likely to be on 33/1 shot Shantou Flyer.
A horse I always have an each way bet on is Double Ross @50/1
I wouldn't rule out the 3 female jockeys plus keep an eye on Elliot and Mullins the Irish trainers.

It's possible that Welsh horse Henry Parry Morgan may run @100/1 , would be crazy not to do an each way on him.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 7:40]

So that's at least seven horses that you're tipping - I ain't that rich.

Based on the recommendations here that I go for a horse that's good on heavy ground, and under 11 stone handicap, with a female rider, then Baie Des Iles is looking good at 20 /1.

And either Tiger Roll or Ucello Conti for me - with my annual horse-racing bet (honest).

Thanks
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 22:06]

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 22:02 - Apr 10 with 3790 viewsbonymine

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 22:00 - Apr 10 by Glyn1

So that's at least seven horses that you're tipping - I ain't that rich.

Based on the recommendations here that I go for a horse that's good on heavy ground, and under 11 stone handicap, with a female rider, then Baie Des Iles is looking good at 20 /1.

And either Tiger Roll or Ucello Conti for me - with my annual horse-racing bet (honest).

Thanks
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 22:06]

Tiger Roll all day long laid out for the race get on my son 😉😉😂😂

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 22:14 - Apr 10 with 3775 viewsdickythorpe

I get shivers down my spine when I hear " this horse has been laid out for it"

Tiger Roll had a great win at Cheltenham, and was fancied months back to do well.

There are so many things that can go wrong in any race, but in this with 40 horses, you can make a case for all.

In fact Google any of the 44 (4reserves) so far that are listed, I guarantee someone somewhere is saying they " have every chance"

The horses don't know what odds they are.
Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 07:31 - Apr 11 with 3709 viewspikeypaul

It’s still officially Soft,Heavy in places.

The going is the biggest thing punters discount in picking a horse.

If the going stays the same you can rule out 1/2 the field.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 07:50 - Apr 11 with 3705 viewswestside

I Just Know 25/1

Good Jumper
Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 20:13 - Apr 11 with 3626 viewsalltjack

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 07:33 - Apr 10 by STID2017

Go for Bonnie Kate. An Irish horse at 80 -1.
My Mam was Irish, her name was Kathleen (often shortened to Kate) and she passed away 35 years ago today.
The Grand National that year was run on 9th April and it was the only time I have ever picked a winner (Corbiere at 9 - 1).
It's an omen, I'm sure.
Otherwise, Tiger Roll at 12 - 1 sounds a good option

Thats amazing.I married my wife Kathleen April 9th 1983 , Grand National day . We also backed Corbiere who won at 13/1 but the wife(girlfriend) worked in her uncles bookies and got us odds of 16/1.Didnt quite pay for the day!!!
Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 22:59 - Apr 11 with 3578 viewsAmbergambler

Ucello Conti. Top trainer Gordon Elliott and good jockey Daryl Jacob. 20/1
Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 23:35 - Apr 11 with 3571 viewstheloneranger

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 22:14 - Apr 10 by dickythorpe

I get shivers down my spine when I hear " this horse has been laid out for it"

Tiger Roll had a great win at Cheltenham, and was fancied months back to do well.

There are so many things that can go wrong in any race, but in this with 40 horses, you can make a case for all.

In fact Google any of the 44 (4reserves) so far that are listed, I guarantee someone somewhere is saying they " have every chance"

The horses don't know what odds they are.

I remember Alverton winning the Gold Cup in 1979, and everyone saying he was bred to win the National.

I was at Aintree for the 1979 National, and the money was poured on Alverton and the bookies stood to lose a fortune.

2nd time round he fell at Bechers, and the bookies all to a man jumped up and cheered. They never took no notice of the tent around him, as they put him down.

His jockey Jon Jo O'Neil was broken hearted, but the bookies couldn't care a f*ck!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 07:29 - Apr 12 with 3525 viewspikeypaul

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 23:35 - Apr 11 by theloneranger

I remember Alverton winning the Gold Cup in 1979, and everyone saying he was bred to win the National.

I was at Aintree for the 1979 National, and the money was poured on Alverton and the bookies stood to lose a fortune.

2nd time round he fell at Bechers, and the bookies all to a man jumped up and cheered. They never took no notice of the tent around him, as they put him down.

His jockey Jon Jo O'Neil was broken hearted, but the bookies couldn't care a f*ck!!

Correct they are scum.

These days they are happy to ruin lives of the vulnerable with the roulette machines in shops.

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 19:39 - Apr 13 with 3362 viewspikeypaul

Going is know on the heavy side of soft

So I think

Milansbar or I just know

Great prices on betfair compared to the rip off bookie scum.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2018 19:40]

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 19:45 - Apr 13 with 3345 viewsNeath_Jack

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 07:50 - Apr 11 by westside

I Just Know 25/1

Good Jumper

V Neck.

Same reason as you gave.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Grand National _ any good long shots for an each-way bet? on 20:00 - Apr 13 with 3319 viewsswanaway

Creosote...very good over fences. Leg of Lamb, joint favourite.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024