Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Syria World War 3 10:42 - Apr 11 with 78612 viewsLord_Bony

Is it about to kick off again?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Syria World War 3 on 22:38 - Apr 25 with 3931 viewsNookiejack

Syria World War 3 on 16:07 - Apr 25 by oh_tommy_tommy

saudi Arabia our friends and allies

Bombed a wedding in yemen.

Silence.

It wasn’t a chemical attack though was it?

So it is ok.

Collateral damage.
Syria World War 3 on 23:59 - Apr 25 with 3890 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Syria World War 3 on 20:56 - Apr 11 by BytholWyn

I find it amazing that people in effect take the side of Russia and Assad on this. There's a big picture here - and that's the flagrant and repeated use of chemical weapons, as well as other conventional munitions, including barrel bombs and bunker piercing weapons to take out civilian hospitals. The use of chemical weapons used to be a no-no, but Obama's failure (instigated by the craven vote in Parliament) to enforce that red line years ago has directly led to the genocide that's being perpetrated in Syria. The only reason very limited action has been taken in the past is simply because the West don't want to get involved in another sectarian quagmire, which may of course help IS and the like. Any action taken now will be reluctant and in all probability proportionate.

The reason why action has to be taken now is because a new red line needs to be drawn - and the action needs to be on a bigger scale than previously - as the message clearly didn't get through last time. There are dangers of course, but there is a far bigger danger of not doing anything - namely the normalisation of the use of chemical weapons. People need to look beyond the moronic utterances of Trump and understand that sometimes action is simply necessary.

The reason why I take Assad's side?
It's not a civil war . The opposition are made up of Saudis , Al Qaeda factions, ISIL and even Israeli's.
If this satanic coalition prevailed there would be Sharia law in Syria with mutilation and beheading becoming the norm. Christians , Druze and other minorities would be systematically exterminated just like the yazidi community was left to do over the last few years.
Secondly doesn't it bother you that we fought Al Qaeda in Iraq but now we're arming them? The same people who did the WTC attacks?
Are you a little bit daft?
[Post edited 26 Apr 2018 18:43]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Syria World War 3 on 00:57 - Apr 26 with 3881 viewsNookiejack

Syria World War 3 on 23:59 - Apr 25 by Brynmill_Jack

The reason why I take Assad's side?
It's not a civil war . The opposition are made up of Saudis , Al Qaeda factions, ISIL and even Israeli's.
If this satanic coalition prevailed there would be Sharia law in Syria with mutilation and beheading becoming the norm. Christians , Druze and other minorities would be systematically exterminated just like the yazidi community was left to do over the last few years.
Secondly doesn't it bother you that we fought Al Qaeda in Iraq but now we're arming them? The same people who did the WTC attacks?
Are you a little bit daft?
[Post edited 26 Apr 2018 18:43]

Yazidis who suffered under Isis face forced conversion to Islam amid fresh persecution in Afrin

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/syria-yazidis-isis-islam-co
Syria World War 3 on 08:03 - Apr 27 with 3780 viewsNookiejack

What mysteries lie in the ruins of the Scientific Studies and Research Centre in Damascus?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/syria-air-strikes-america-research-centre-d

'I was reminded of this lion while clambering through the ruins on the side of the Scientific Studies and Research Centre in the Damascus suburb of Barzeh last week. This was the centre — now famous from so many satellite pictures — destroyed by Donald Trump’s missiles when they struck at “the heart of Syria’s chemical weapons programme”. Did they? Anything with a Strangelove name like the “Department of Pharmaceutical and Civilian Chemical Research” — the bit of the complex hit by at least 13 missiles — deserves to have its contents studied closely. I’d been refused permission to visit this Syrian institution for three days. If it was all in ruins — which it assuredly is, and on a scale much larger than the photographs suggest — why the delay?

And does it matter? Well, yes. I am reminded of the much more famous Iraqi “baby milk factory” bombed by the Americans in 1991 which General Colin Powell called “a biological weapons factory, of that we are sure”. My colleague Patrick Cockburn wrote of this last week, recalling his visit to the factory only hours after the bombing. After the war, it turned out that the building probably had been an infant formula factory after all — although what can’t you do with a glass of milk?"

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/syria-assad-uk-government-christian-persecu

The problem is that while we believe all Arab dictators regularly lie, we Western folk are supposed to hold our own leaders to account — and ensure that they tell the truth when they claim to act on our behalf. That’s why the Douma attack must be fully explained, and that’s why I wanted to know if this wreckage in Barzeh (the direct response to Douma, although of course no one was killed in Barzeh) was what we said it was, or whether it was what the Syrians claimed it to be — a medical research facility. Was the lion smiling at me? Or was I misinterpreting the meaning of its face?"
Syria World War 3 on 09:39 - Apr 27 with 3756 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Syria World War 3 on 08:03 - Apr 27 by Nookiejack

What mysteries lie in the ruins of the Scientific Studies and Research Centre in Damascus?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/syria-air-strikes-america-research-centre-d

'I was reminded of this lion while clambering through the ruins on the side of the Scientific Studies and Research Centre in the Damascus suburb of Barzeh last week. This was the centre — now famous from so many satellite pictures — destroyed by Donald Trump’s missiles when they struck at “the heart of Syria’s chemical weapons programme”. Did they? Anything with a Strangelove name like the “Department of Pharmaceutical and Civilian Chemical Research” — the bit of the complex hit by at least 13 missiles — deserves to have its contents studied closely. I’d been refused permission to visit this Syrian institution for three days. If it was all in ruins — which it assuredly is, and on a scale much larger than the photographs suggest — why the delay?

And does it matter? Well, yes. I am reminded of the much more famous Iraqi “baby milk factory” bombed by the Americans in 1991 which General Colin Powell called “a biological weapons factory, of that we are sure”. My colleague Patrick Cockburn wrote of this last week, recalling his visit to the factory only hours after the bombing. After the war, it turned out that the building probably had been an infant formula factory after all — although what can’t you do with a glass of milk?"

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/syria-assad-uk-government-christian-persecu

The problem is that while we believe all Arab dictators regularly lie, we Western folk are supposed to hold our own leaders to account — and ensure that they tell the truth when they claim to act on our behalf. That’s why the Douma attack must be fully explained, and that’s why I wanted to know if this wreckage in Barzeh (the direct response to Douma, although of course no one was killed in Barzeh) was what we said it was, or whether it was what the Syrians claimed it to be — a medical research facility. Was the lion smiling at me? Or was I misinterpreting the meaning of its face?"

Governments very rarely tell the truth when war is involved

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Syria World War 3 on 09:44 - Apr 27 with 3745 viewsLord_Bony

Syria World War 3 on 09:39 - Apr 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

Governments very rarely tell the truth when war is involved

Especially when there's a long term agenda with their buddies involved.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Syria World War 3 on 12:10 - Apr 27 with 3716 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Syria World War 3 on 09:44 - Apr 27 by Lord_Bony

Especially when there's a long term agenda with their buddies involved.

They care so much for the war torn people of Syria.

Suckers

Syria World War 3 on 15:10 - Apr 27 with 3689 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Syria World War 3 on 12:10 - Apr 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

They care so much for the war torn people of Syria.

Suckers

They are putting sanctions on the ordinary Syrian civilians so they will turn on Assad. Fat chance.

Login to get fewer ads

Syria World War 3 on 19:35 - Apr 30 with 3604 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Bombing in Syria last night huge explosion at a weapon depot .

USA wasn’t me
Uk wasn’t me
France wasn’t me

Shaggy wasn’t me

Syria World War 3 on 08:11 - May 1 with 3559 viewsNookiejack

Waiting for the OPCW: How to Read the Next Report on Alleged Chemical Weapons Atrocities

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2018/04/waiting-for-the-opcw-how-to-read-

"What do we know, and what can we know, about poison gas attacks in conflict zones? While we wait for the outcome of the inspection of the Douma site, near Damascus, by the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), I’d just like to draw attention to a statement made in 2013 by this important body.

It is to be found in this Reuters report

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-syria-crisis-chemical-weapons/evidence-of-syr

" Here is the key part (emphases mine):

‘Weapons inspectors will only determine whether banned chemical agents were used in the two-year-old conflict if they are able to access sites and take soil, blood, urine or tissue samples and examine them in certified laboratories, according to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), which works with the United Nations on inspections.

“This is the only basis on which the OPCW would provide a formal assessment of whether chemical weapons have been used,” said Michael Luhan, a spokesman for the Hague-based OPCW.’

Later in the story the reporter explains: ‘Even if samples were made available to the OPCW by those making the assertions, the organisation could not use them. Then he quotes Mr Luhan directly (my emphases)

“The OPCW would never get involved in testing samples that our own inspectors don’t gather in the field because we need to maintain chain of custody of samples from the field to the lab to ensure their integrity,” said Luhan.

Well, how does that square with the eventual treatment of the Khan Sheikhoun report? I will be grateful for explanations, as never is a pretty unambiguous word."
Syria World War 3 on 17:03 - May 1 with 3507 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

It doesn’t matter anymore

Israel want a war out there with Iran and it will all kick off soon
With a mini world war in the Middle East

Some serious sh!t could happen

Syria World War 3 on 19:07 - May 1 with 3477 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Syria World War 3 on 17:03 - May 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

The "secret papers" Netenyahu is showing off have been in the UN's knowledge for years. Old news dressed as new by the Israelis in their desperate attempt to go to war with Iran.

Syria World War 3 on 19:12 - May 1 with 3470 viewslonglostjack

Syria World War 3 on 19:07 - May 1 by Brynmill_Jack

The "secret papers" Netenyahu is showing off have been in the UN's knowledge for years. Old news dressed as new by the Israelis in their desperate attempt to go to war with Iran.

This. When even the Tories are not prepared to support the US/Israel line you can bet your bottom dollar that the Treaty has not been breached.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Syria World War 3 on 19:14 - May 1 with 3467 viewsbluey_the_blue

Hmm, all down to "da Jooz".

How predictable.
Syria World War 3 on 19:17 - May 1 with 3463 viewssherpajacob

Syria World War 3 on 19:07 - May 1 by Brynmill_Jack

not allowed to criticise Israel mate, Bluey will be along soon saying its anti Semitic.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Syria World War 3 on 19:20 - May 1 with 3450 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Syria World War 3 on 19:14 - May 1 by bluey_the_blue

How predictable.

You playing the anti Semitism card. A dead cert

Syria World War 3 on 19:21 - May 1 with 3451 viewslonglostjack

How predictable.

Nonsense. Stupid comment.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Syria World War 3 on 21:34 - May 1 with 3417 viewsJack_Meoff

Syria World War 3 on 08:11 - May 1 by Nookiejack

Waiting for the OPCW: How to Read the Next Report on Alleged Chemical Weapons Atrocities

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2018/04/waiting-for-the-opcw-how-to-read-

"What do we know, and what can we know, about poison gas attacks in conflict zones? While we wait for the outcome of the inspection of the Douma site, near Damascus, by the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), I’d just like to draw attention to a statement made in 2013 by this important body.

It is to be found in this Reuters report

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-syria-crisis-chemical-weapons/evidence-of-syr

" Here is the key part (emphases mine):

‘Weapons inspectors will only determine whether banned chemical agents were used in the two-year-old conflict if they are able to access sites and take soil, blood, urine or tissue samples and examine them in certified laboratories, according to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), which works with the United Nations on inspections.

“This is the only basis on which the OPCW would provide a formal assessment of whether chemical weapons have been used,” said Michael Luhan, a spokesman for the Hague-based OPCW.’

Later in the story the reporter explains: ‘Even if samples were made available to the OPCW by those making the assertions, the organisation could not use them. Then he quotes Mr Luhan directly (my emphases)

“The OPCW would never get involved in testing samples that our own inspectors don’t gather in the field because we need to maintain chain of custody of samples from the field to the lab to ensure their integrity,” said Luhan.

Well, how does that square with the eventual treatment of the Khan Sheikhoun report? I will be grateful for explanations, as never is a pretty unambiguous word."

When did the scrutinizing of open source documents such as these become the exception rather than the rule for journalists? The overwhelming majority of the media are more than happy to beat the drums of war for our despicable government with zero scrutiny. The fourth estate is moribund.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Syria World War 3 on 23:01 - May 1 with 3390 viewsLord_Bony

Syria World War 3 on 11:47 - Apr 18 by Shaky

Not sure where this comes from, but there is no doubt Bibi would love a war with Iran. Absolutely love it.

So would the Neocons in Washington re-emboldened by Bolton's appointment as national security advisor.

Already he is making important staff changes, reappointing some of the nutters McMaster had sacked.

The word is their gang were egging on Trump to escalate in Syria, but Mattis talked him down from the ledge and restraint won the day with the recent strikes.

In response the Neocons have launched a significant media attack on Mattis who is one of the few individuals who can handle Trump, no doubt in part due to his military fetish.

Let's hope his rearguard action is successful.

Breaking news.

Netanyahu has "discovered "new "evidence" Iran is making a nuclear bomb.

We should be worried about this as it is a significant development into the push for war against Iran. Donald Trump has already given a press conference today on what the
USA and its allies are going to do about it in the next few weeks.

This is absolutely lunacy and is pushing us to the edge once more as it is obviously giving Israel the excuse they need to attack Iranian forces in Syria. If this happened it really would pull the world closer to a global war,make no mistake on the consequences of this one.

Unbelievable hypocrisy from israel as they possess at least 100 nuclear weapons and nuclear submarines which they are not allowed to do and still will not allow any inspectors in to verify.

How can this be justice?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/953687/donald-trump-news-iran-nuclear-deal-

This post has been edited by an administrator

Syria World War 3 on 23:04 - May 1 with 3386 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Syria World War 3 on 23:01 - May 1 by Lord_Bony

Breaking news.

Netanyahu has "discovered "new "evidence" Iran is making a nuclear bomb.

We should be worried about this as it is a significant development into the push for war against Iran. Donald Trump has already given a press conference today on what the
USA and its allies are going to do about it in the next few weeks.

This is absolutely lunacy and is pushing us to the edge once more as it is obviously giving Israel the excuse they need to attack Iranian forces in Syria. If this happened it really would pull the world closer to a global war,make no mistake on the consequences of this one.

Unbelievable hypocrisy from israel as they possess at least 100 nuclear weapons and nuclear submarines which they are not allowed to do and still will not allow any inspectors in to verify.

How can this be justice?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/953687/donald-trump-news-iran-nuclear-deal-

Syria World War 3 on 00:24 - May 2 with 3349 viewsLord_Bony

Syria World War 3 on 17:03 - May 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

More iranians killed by israel on Sunday.

Looks like the push for war by Netanyahu and the war hawks is on. Iran is being baited,if they retaliate all hell will break loose.

Syria World War 3 on 00:33 - May 2 with 3335 viewsBrynmill_Jack

How predictable.

Do you really think I hold Larry David, Mel Brooks, Maureen Lipman, Jonathan Sachs , Warren Mitchell or indeed your lovely wife responsible for Bibi Netanyahu's actions?

I can assure you I most certainly do NOT.

Syria World War 3 on 22:32 - May 19 with 1714 viewsNookiejack

"Truth vanishes in a cloud of poison gas

A huge international news story broke last week, but I doubt you will hear about it anywhere else. It seems very likely that the decision we, France and the USA made in April 2018 to bomb Syria was based on a mistake as big as the fictional weapons of mass destruction in Iraq in 2003.

The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), the international body which examines alleged incidents of the use of poison gas, has just confirmed to me that a devastating leaked document from its Dutch HQ is genuine.

The document, written by one of the OPCW’s most experienced investigators, shows that it is highly unlikely that gas canisters found at the scene of an alleged poison gas attack in Douma, Syria, were actually dropped from helicopters — as has been widely believed and claimed. The claim is crucial to the case for bombing Syria. A copy of the leaked document can be found on my blog on Mail Online.

Yet the OPCW’s official report on the event made no mention of any such doubts. What is going on? The OPCW is a valuable organisation, containing many fine people, with a noble purpose, but has it been placed under pressure, or even hijacked, by political forces which seek a justification for military intervention in Syria?

Given that a decision between war or peace, affecting the whole planet, could one day hang on its judgments, I think the world is entitled to an inquiry into what is happening behind its closed doors."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7045469/PETER-HITCHENS-green-seats-pr
Syria World War 3 on 00:04 - May 20 with 1637 viewsJack_Meoff

Syria World War 3 on 22:32 - May 19 by Nookiejack

"Truth vanishes in a cloud of poison gas

A huge international news story broke last week, but I doubt you will hear about it anywhere else. It seems very likely that the decision we, France and the USA made in April 2018 to bomb Syria was based on a mistake as big as the fictional weapons of mass destruction in Iraq in 2003.

The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), the international body which examines alleged incidents of the use of poison gas, has just confirmed to me that a devastating leaked document from its Dutch HQ is genuine.

The document, written by one of the OPCW’s most experienced investigators, shows that it is highly unlikely that gas canisters found at the scene of an alleged poison gas attack in Douma, Syria, were actually dropped from helicopters — as has been widely believed and claimed. The claim is crucial to the case for bombing Syria. A copy of the leaked document can be found on my blog on Mail Online.

Yet the OPCW’s official report on the event made no mention of any such doubts. What is going on? The OPCW is a valuable organisation, containing many fine people, with a noble purpose, but has it been placed under pressure, or even hijacked, by political forces which seek a justification for military intervention in Syria?

Given that a decision between war or peace, affecting the whole planet, could one day hang on its judgments, I think the world is entitled to an inquiry into what is happening behind its closed doors."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7045469/PETER-HITCHENS-green-seats-pr

The inconvenient truth is becoming too obvious to ignore. Surely.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Syria World War 3 on 20:41 - May 22 with 1505 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Syria World War 3 on 00:04 - May 20 by Jack_Meoff

The inconvenient truth is becoming too obvious to ignore. Surely.

Yes, I wonder which state is manipulating this situation? Hmmmnnnnn

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024