Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Syria World War 3 10:42 - Apr 11 with 77726 viewsLord_Bony

Is it about to kick off again?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Syria World War 3 on 16:14 - Apr 13 with 1958 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 15:51 - Apr 13 by Ebo

You really believe everything the news channels are spewing?

No but conversely I don't dis-believe all that they are "spewing". as ever the truth is somewhere in between

One for you, as the OPCW confirmed the Sarin attack 51 weeks ago, an attack the Russians rubbished can you tell me whether it is possible that there has been another attack?.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Syria World War 3 on 16:19 - Apr 13 with 1949 viewsLord_Bony

Simply asking my friend.

Before we go in all guns blazing let's find out if this is genuine or not.

Remember, there is probably chemical weapons in the hands of many different parties in this conflict.

If he did it, let's go in...but at least wait for the OPCW report and a vote put to Parliament. The Syrian government and the Russians asked them to come in and see for themselves immediately after the attack, shame its taken them so long to get their act together.

You cant just go in because you "think" he done it.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Syria World War 3 on 16:22 - Apr 13 with 1943 viewsDarran

Syria World War 3 on 16:19 - Apr 13 by Lord_Bony

Simply asking my friend.

Remember, there is probably chemical weapons in the hands of many different parties in this conflict.

If he did it, let's go in...but at least wait for the OPCW report and a vote put to Parliament. The Syrian government and the Russians asked them to come in and see for themselves immediately after the attack, shame its taken them so long to get their act together.

Great post,very well said.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Syria World War 3 on 16:26 - Apr 13 with 1938 viewsSir_Robin

Syria World War 3 on 16:08 - Apr 13 by DJack

So in a country where the regime have on numerous occasions indiscriminately bombed and gassed it's people the world just says, meh!

There was the same allged lack of credibility last year with the Russians claiming a staged incidence... but guess what (51 weeks ago)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/syria-chemical-attack-assad

It doesn't make any sense for Assad to use chemical weapons against his own people at this stage. No one is saying he has never used them before.
Syria World War 3 on 16:36 - Apr 13 with 1918 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 16:26 - Apr 13 by Sir_Robin

It doesn't make any sense for Assad to use chemical weapons against his own people at this stage. No one is saying he has never used them before.

"It doesn't make any sense for Assad to use chemical weapons against his own people at this stage. No one is saying he has never used them before."

You use the word "sense" in the same statement where you acknowledge his previous use of CW... WTF!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Syria World War 3 on 16:38 - Apr 13 with 1915 viewsSir_Robin

Syria World War 3 on 16:36 - Apr 13 by DJack

"It doesn't make any sense for Assad to use chemical weapons against his own people at this stage. No one is saying he has never used them before."

You use the word "sense" in the same statement where you acknowledge his previous use of CW... WTF!

Please tell us what he would have to gain from using chemical weapons on his own people and provoking the west at this stage. We're waiting.
Syria World War 3 on 16:43 - Apr 13 with 1908 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 16:19 - Apr 13 by Lord_Bony

Simply asking my friend.

As the area is now controlled by Syria and Russia I'm not so sure that evidence could be gathered. The Russians asked them to come with the "support" of Russian forces...neutral my ass. Also, just to disavow you of a misconception...The OPCW NEVER attribute the perpetrator in any investigation - They are not allowed to, if attribution is to be made it is the UN and the UN position(which is often a competing mess) can be vetoed by any of the 5 members of the security council

NOWHERE have I advocated going in "all guns blazing"

Syria World War 3 on 16:51 - Apr 13 with 1898 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 16:38 - Apr 13 by Sir_Robin

Please tell us what he would have to gain from using chemical weapons on his own people and provoking the west at this stage. We're waiting.

He has indiscriminately used barrel bombs and CW on his civilian populace many times previously why would you think he would care now! We're waiting...

Login to get fewer ads

Syria World War 3 on 16:57 - Apr 13 with 1890 viewsSir_Robin

Syria World War 3 on 16:51 - Apr 13 by DJack

He has indiscriminately used barrel bombs and CW on his civilian populace many times previously why would you think he would care now! We're waiting...

Because he has all but won the war and has absolutely nothing to gain from doing so and everything to lose. Did you ignore my previous posts?
Syria World War 3 on 17:02 - Apr 13 with 1879 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 16:57 - Apr 13 by Sir_Robin

Because he has all but won the war and has absolutely nothing to gain from doing so and everything to lose. Did you ignore my previous posts?

In the modern era any dictator/strong man who uses CW's is bereft of sense, so your (and others) fallacy of "nothing to gain" is a moot point.

I had not ignored previous posts from you...Based upon your poor reasoning skills , in the future I had best ignore your posts. Ta.

Syria World War 3 on 17:07 - Apr 13 with 1874 viewsSir_Robin

Syria World War 3 on 17:02 - Apr 13 by DJack

In the modern era any dictator/strong man who uses CW's is bereft of sense, so your (and others) fallacy of "nothing to gain" is a moot point.

I had not ignored previous posts from you...Based upon your poor reasoning skills , in the future I had best ignore your posts. Ta.

So he did it for the sake of it. Thanks for clearing that up. I bow to your superior intelligence and reasoning skills.
Syria World War 3 on 17:18 - Apr 13 with 1854 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is there some doubt about the veracity of claims about an aggressive foreign power’s use or possession of some kind of weapons?

Sounds vaguely familiar.

Poll: Tory leader

Syria World War 3 on 17:31 - Apr 13 with 1833 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 17:18 - Apr 13 by exiledclaseboy

Is there some doubt about the veracity of claims about an aggressive foreign power’s use or possession of some kind of weapons?

Sounds vaguely familiar.

https://theconversation.com/syrias-latest-chemical-massacre-demands-a-global-res

Syria World War 3 on 17:35 - Apr 13 with 1825 viewsexiledclaseboy

Syria World War 3 on 17:31 - Apr 13 by DJack

https://theconversation.com/syrias-latest-chemical-massacre-demands-a-global-res

Well I’m convinced.

Syria World War 3 on 17:44 - Apr 13 with 1814 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 17:35 - Apr 13 by exiledclaseboy

Well I’m convinced.

That wasn't it's intention ya loon

For me, the crux is that something MUST be done. What that is, is difficult to formulate because of the history on all sides, multiplied by the geopolitics of the superpowers - both currently headed by venal fûckers who have disregard for any view other than their own.

As we both know, nothing is simple when it comes to competing governments.

Syria World War 3 on 18:43 - Apr 13 with 1765 viewsKilkennyjack

Syria World War 3 on 17:44 - Apr 13 by DJack

That wasn't it's intention ya loon

For me, the crux is that something MUST be done. What that is, is difficult to formulate because of the history on all sides, multiplied by the geopolitics of the superpowers - both currently headed by venal fûckers who have disregard for any view other than their own.

As we both know, nothing is simple when it comes to competing governments.

Will you do that something ?

Beware of the Risen People

Syria World War 3 on 19:06 - Apr 13 with 1747 viewsJack_Meoff

Syria World War 3 on 15:41 - Apr 13 by DJack

"So a Western funded organisation reveals information that may lead to Western intervention? So dodgy. They are NOT a credible source."

That's an intellectually dishonest statement - essentially you are stating that if any organisation receives some funding from the west they become untrustworthy. You sir, are a fantasist, divorced from the realities of everyday life. You seek "truth" through a filter of self affirmation based upon your biases.

You talk history of western failures but strangely ignore the history of Syrian chemical weapon use - PROVEN by the OPCW.

That wasn't what I meant, that was your interpretation. I meant in this instance. I admit it could have been worded better, in fairness.

The only fantasists are people who believe our government are, or have ever acted out of humanitarian concern when it comes to the Middle East. Ever. It's always been about what's in the ground, or wider geopolitical issues related to said natural resources.

Your arrogance and insults on this thread do you no favours either. Then again, it must be so frustrating to have to interact with others clearly not on your intellectual level. Like a Dostoevsky cast adrift on an ocean of Dan Browns...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Syria World War 3 on 19:18 - Apr 13 with 1735 viewsNeath_Jack

Can anyone tell me why it's only us, the yanks and the French who are planning on going in large? What about the rest of the NATO members?

Another one, rather then going in two footed with military action, why can't Assad be put up for war crimes in The Hague?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Syria World War 3 on 19:26 - Apr 13 with 1726 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Syria World War 3 on 19:18 - Apr 13 by Neath_Jack

Can anyone tell me why it's only us, the yanks and the French who are planning on going in large? What about the rest of the NATO members?

Another one, rather then going in two footed with military action, why can't Assad be put up for war crimes in The Hague?

Before or after Tony & George ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Syria World War 3 on 19:44 - Apr 13 with 1700 viewsexiledclaseboy

Syria World War 3 on 19:18 - Apr 13 by Neath_Jack

They can’t do that second bit. He might tell everyone where he got the chemical weapons from.

Syria World War 3 on 20:29 - Apr 13 with 1648 viewsKerouac

Syria World War 3 on 19:44 - Apr 13 by exiledclaseboy

They can’t do that second bit. He might tell everyone where he got the chemical weapons from.

What a stupid comment that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Syria World War 3 on 20:31 - Apr 13 with 1648 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 19:06 - Apr 13 by Jack_Meoff

That wasn't what I meant, that was your interpretation. I meant in this instance. I admit it could have been worded better, in fairness.

The only fantasists are people who believe our government are, or have ever acted out of humanitarian concern when it comes to the Middle East. Ever. It's always been about what's in the ground, or wider geopolitical issues related to said natural resources.

Your arrogance and insults on this thread do you no favours either. Then again, it must be so frustrating to have to interact with others clearly not on your intellectual level. Like a Dostoevsky cast adrift on an ocean of Dan Browns...

So if you could have worded it better then I might have correctly understood it? Fair one?

Look at my previous posts, I've said that these things are usually more about resources and/or geopolitics

Your arrogance and insults on this thread do you no favours either. Then again, it must be so frustrating to have to interact with others clearly not on your intellectual level. Like a Dostoevsky cast adrift on an ocean of Dan Browns..

I've been getting ranty because there is this weird illogical thought process that says we can't trust the western governments because of their previous actions/lies but we will put faith in the position of Syria/Russsia in spite of their previous action and lies! (and I'm stuck at home on the biff...cabin fever).

As to my intellectual level...I look up to the Chuckle Brothers and I've read neither Dan Brown nor Dostoevsky but I've seen it written that to fully understand the Russian authors you really need to understand the Russian language and then what may seem as dour or negative to us english speakers has a different meaning - satire/sarcasm

Syria World War 3 on 20:35 - Apr 13 with 1638 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 20:29 - Apr 13 by Kerouac

Err, no, it is tongue in cheek! That said in this instance the CW's have been supplied by the Soviets and not the west. None of the superpowers(or security council members) are averse to selling weapons to questionable regimes.

Syria World War 3 on 20:38 - Apr 13 with 1636 viewsexiledclaseboy

Syria World War 3 on 20:29 - Apr 13 by Kerouac

It was a joke you humourless nerk.

Syria World War 3 on 20:39 - Apr 13 with 1630 viewsKerouac

Syria World War 3 on 20:35 - Apr 13 by DJack

Err, no, it is tongue in cheek! That said in this instance the CW's have been supplied by the Soviets and not the west. None of the superpowers(or security council members) are averse to selling weapons to questionable regimes.

I thought he was alluding to the UK or the United States being the suppliers of Assad's chemical weapons.
If you actually meant Russia ECB, I apologise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024