Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Syria World War 3 10:42 - Apr 11 with 78706 viewsLord_Bony

Is it about to kick off again?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Syria World War 3 on 10:04 - Apr 14 with 1679 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Syria World War 3 on 07:22 - Apr 14 by Lord_Bony

Dear God.

Unbelievable.

We should have waited for Parliament to convene on Monday.

I am disgusted with our government.

There is still no proof to the world as of yet.

Madness.

Sounds a good idea debate it in parliament while the Russians and Syrian listen to the BBC Parliament radio and TV channels get our plans and prepare their defences.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Syria World War 3 on 10:08 - Apr 14 with 1675 viewsJack_Meoff

Syria World War 3 on 09:29 - Apr 14 by exiledclaseboy

A government with no majority or mandate has committed the U.K. military to action without any recourse to Parliament.

Consider that.

Our ‘democracy’ being shown finally for the sham it’s always been?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Syria World War 3 on 10:41 - Apr 14 with 1636 views34dfgdf54

Why is this such a bad thing? Assad is massacring his own people with chemical weapons, are we expected to sit back and watch?

Or are you all conspiracy believers who think the Media/US/UK/France have staged it all.
Syria World War 3 on 10:42 - Apr 14 with 1633 viewsJack_Meoff

Syria World War 3 on 10:41 - Apr 14 by 34dfgdf54

Why is this such a bad thing? Assad is massacring his own people with chemical weapons, are we expected to sit back and watch?

Or are you all conspiracy believers who think the Media/US/UK/France have staged it all.

Proof?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Syria World War 3 on 10:42 - Apr 14 with 1632 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Syria World War 3 on 10:04 - Apr 14 by felixstowe_jack

Sounds a good idea debate it in parliament while the Russians and Syrian listen to the BBC Parliament radio and TV channels get our plans and prepare their defences.

Facking hell 😂

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Syria World War 3 on 10:50 - Apr 14 with 1616 views34dfgdf54

Syria World War 3 on 10:42 - Apr 14 by Jack_Meoff

Proof?

What do you know on the contrary?

I mean that genuinely aswell not in any sarcastic manner, I go by what I see in the news, what is reported by charity organisations working in the region etc, children are dying and being attacked by their own government. I see no reason why we shouldn’t intervene?
Syria World War 3 on 10:57 - Apr 14 with 1599 viewsmax936

Syria World War 3 on 10:50 - Apr 14 by 34dfgdf54

I mean that genuinely aswell not in any sarcastic manner, I go by what I see in the news, what is reported by charity organisations working in the region etc, children are dying and being attacked by their own government. I see no reason why we shouldn’t intervene?

We rarely if ever intervene anywhere else in the world look at all the time Israel have persecuted the Palestinians, yet nothing ever gets done regarding that.

We should stay the fuk out of things that doesn't directly affect us and get on with curing our problems at home, look at the state of the NHS, our Roads our Economy etc

Mays a Trump puppet an utter disgrace who you couldn't really trust to run a fuking bath let alone this country.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Syria World War 3 on 11:06 - Apr 14 with 1586 viewsbluey_the_blue

Amazing how people have the ability to shoehorn Israel into everything, isn't it? It's like Livingstone's ability to mention Hitler in virtually every interview...
Login to get fewer ads

Syria World War 3 on 11:07 - Apr 14 with 1583 viewsNookiejack

Syria World War 3 on 10:41 - Apr 14 by 34dfgdf54

Do you want Syria to be run by Jihidaists?

Assad is fighting Al Qaeda the people who flew the planes into the twin towers and started the War on Terror in the first place, over 16 years ago.

There are no good guys in this war.
Syria World War 3 on 11:11 - Apr 14 with 1580 viewsNookiejack

So should we bomb Saudi Arabia given all the children killed in Yemen?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/16/yemen-war-children-dead-injured-ma
Syria World War 3 on 11:23 - Apr 14 with 1557 viewsmax936

Syria World War 3 on 11:06 - Apr 14 by bluey_the_blue

Amazing how people have the ability to shoehorn Israel into everything, isn't it? It's like Livingstone's ability to mention Hitler in virtually every interview...

Well with you being one of Teresa's disciples you would say that, they've tormented and tortured Palestinian and kept them in poverty for seemingly forever, nothing ever gets done and they rarely if ever get criticised.

I mentioned the other trouble spots in the World has well, yet no mention from you on that just Israel, yet you "amazingly" defend Israel.

Syria World War 3 on 11:24 - Apr 14 with 1549 viewsbluey_the_blue

Syria World War 3 on 11:23 - Apr 14 by max936

Well with you being one of Teresa's disciples you would say that, they've tormented and tortured Palestinian and kept them in poverty for seemingly forever, nothing ever gets done and they rarely if ever get criticised.

I mentioned the other trouble spots in the World has well, yet no mention from you on that just Israel, yet you "amazingly" defend Israel.

You mentioned no other nations in the post I replied to. Your comments on that situation display an ignorance of anything other than ISM inspired Pallywood videos...
Syria World War 3 on 11:25 - Apr 14 with 1549 viewsmax936

Syria World War 3 on 11:11 - Apr 14 by Nookiejack

So should we bomb Saudi Arabia given all the children killed in Yemen?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/16/yemen-war-children-dead-injured-ma

Exactly. MONEY MONEY RESOUCERS ETC RULES THOUGH.

Syria World War 3 on 11:28 - Apr 14 with 1540 viewsNookiejack

The Claim that Russia has Vetoed Calls for an Inquiry into Alleged Gas Attacks at the UN

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2018/04/the-claim-that-russia-has-vetoed-
Syria World War 3 on 11:30 - Apr 14 with 1532 viewsJack_Meoff

Whatever you're hearing on the news mate, the fact is there is no proof of Assad gassing his own people. It also seems everyone asking the question why he'd do this at this time (when he's winning he does the one thing that seems to justify military intervention) gets shouted down. It's happening on this site, and it also happened on Sky News to the former head of the armed forces - go to page 12 of this thread and look at the tweet posted by Sir_Robin.

Also, here's links to previous OPCW and UN investigations on chemical attacks in Syria.

https://www.opcw.org/news/article/opcw-fact-finding-mission-confirms-use-of-chem

The one from last year confirmed the use of chemical weapons, but didn't conclude who. It also says the fact finding mission didn't actually visit the site. I'm not sure how people are extrapolating it's Assad to blame after reading this report.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24130181

This article from January 2014 reports UN findings on the chemical attack in Gouta concludes that chemical weapons were used, but doesn't apportion blame.

So is there actual proof it has ever happened?

Also, the question has been asked many times on this thread. There's currently a humanitarian crisis happening in Yemen via the Saudis using weapons the US and Uk has sold them. The government couldn't care less about that. Not one iota. Nor do they care about Libya after they bombed it back to the stone age on lies. Why should we believe they care about Syrian people given their track record? They don't mate. It's all about natural resources, and always has been when it comes to the Middle East, both this century and last.

I'd suggest they're rushing their intervention as they know there will never be proof. I also appreciate that is conjecture at this point but we'll see.

Syria World War 3 on 11:33 - Apr 14 with 1524 viewsmax936

Syria World War 3 on 11:24 - Apr 14 by bluey_the_blue

You mentioned no other nations in the post I replied to. Your comments on that situation display an ignorance of anything other than ISM inspired Pallywood videos...

No ignorance of anything just undeniable facts, I mentioned the worlds other trouble spots as well I mentioned Israel as a very good example and I've not seen any ISM Pallywood video's either, facts inspire me not bullshit or your undoubted denial.
I don't give a tuppeny one what you think anyway its my opinion and one most would agree with unless they have your political views.

Good day

Syria World War 3 on 11:36 - Apr 14 with 1518 viewsbluey_the_blue

Syria World War 3 on 11:33 - Apr 14 by max936

No ignorance of anything just undeniable facts, I mentioned the worlds other trouble spots as well I mentioned Israel as a very good example and I've not seen any ISM Pallywood video's either, facts inspire me not bullshit or your undoubted denial.
I don't give a tuppeny one what you think anyway its my opinion and one most would agree with unless they have your political views.

Good day

Facts, sure...
Syria World War 3 on 11:42 - Apr 14 with 1508 viewslondonlisa2001

Syria World War 3 on 09:29 - Apr 14 by exiledclaseboy

A government with no majority or mandate has committed the U.K. military to action without any recourse to Parliament.

Consider that.

I disagree with this 'Owen Jones' bit of the argument.

This government has the same mandate as any government to act.

I personally believe that Parliament should have been given a vote for all sorts of reasons but I don't believe a government's mandate increases or decreases according to the size of its majority.
Syria World War 3 on 11:51 - Apr 14 with 1486 viewsmax936

Syria World War 3 on 11:42 - Apr 14 by londonlisa2001

I personally believe that Parliament should have been given a vote for all sorts of reasons but I don't believe a government's mandate increases or decreases according to the size of its majority.

Parliament should have been recalled considering the possible implications this action could cause, if May wasn't such a weak rudderless leader who has hung on to Tumps coat tails on this, it would have been in my opinion.

Syria World War 3 on 12:03 - Apr 14 with 1466 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 11:30 - Apr 14 by Jack_Meoff

Whatever you're hearing on the news mate, the fact is there is no proof of Assad gassing his own people. It also seems everyone asking the question why he'd do this at this time (when he's winning he does the one thing that seems to justify military intervention) gets shouted down. It's happening on this site, and it also happened on Sky News to the former head of the armed forces - go to page 12 of this thread and look at the tweet posted by Sir_Robin.

Also, here's links to previous OPCW and UN investigations on chemical attacks in Syria.

https://www.opcw.org/news/article/opcw-fact-finding-mission-confirms-use-of-chem

The one from last year confirmed the use of chemical weapons, but didn't conclude who. It also says the fact finding mission didn't actually visit the site. I'm not sure how people are extrapolating it's Assad to blame after reading this report.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24130181

This article from January 2014 reports UN findings on the chemical attack in Gouta concludes that chemical weapons were used, but doesn't apportion blame.

So is there actual proof it has ever happened?

Also, the question has been asked many times on this thread. There's currently a humanitarian crisis happening in Yemen via the Saudis using weapons the US and Uk has sold them. The government couldn't care less about that. Not one iota. Nor do they care about Libya after they bombed it back to the stone age on lies. Why should we believe they care about Syrian people given their track record? They don't mate. It's all about natural resources, and always has been when it comes to the Middle East, both this century and last.

I'd suggest they're rushing their intervention as they know there will never be proof. I also appreciate that is conjecture at this point but we'll see.

Nookie Posted this link below last nigh from a journalist who has been reporting in the region since the Beirut days (I was a kid then!)

One excerpt for your perusal...

Now we have our spokespersons and ministers raging about the need to prevent the “normalisation” of chemical warfare, to prevent it becoming a part of ordinary warfare, a return to the terrible days of the First World War.

This does not mean any excuses for the Syrian government — though I suspect, having seen Russia’s Syrian involvement with my own eyes, that Putin might have been getting impatient about ending the war and wanted to eradicate those in the last tunnels of Douma rather than wait through more weeks of fighting. Remember the cruelty of Grozny.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/theresa-may-syria-war-uk-chemical-weapons-a

With concern to the OPCW, as you already know they are not allowed to attribute blame! Below is a piece of that very same statement that you referenced explaining why they did not visit the site (a war zone) and they explained why the what they did to ensure the veracity of their report

The rapid deployment to a neighbouring country, however, enabled the team to attend autopsies, collect bio-medical samples from casualties and fatalities, interview witnesses and receive environmental samples.

A rigorous methodology was employed for conducting an investigation of alleged use of chemical weapons that took into account corroboration between interviewee testimonies; open-source research, documents, and other records; and the characteristics of the samples including those provided by the Government of the Syrian Arab Republic

Additional to this is a de-classified French report identifying Syria...

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/country-files/syria/events/article/chemical-at

Everything else you posted is bang on correct but it is a massive case of whataboutism

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Syria World War 3 on 12:05 - Apr 14 with 1463 viewslondonlisa2001

Syria World War 3 on 11:51 - Apr 14 by max936

Parliament should have been recalled considering the possible implications this action could cause, if May wasn't such a weak rudderless leader who has hung on to Tumps coat tails on this, it would have been in my opinion.

As i said', I believe Parliament should have been recalled and consulted as well.

I just disagree with the 'no mandate' point.

On the wider issue of whether we should take action or not, I don''t understand people's certainty either way to be honest. On one hand, I wish we would stay out of all this as no good ever comes of our actions in the Middle East, but on the other hand I believe that chemical attacks have been made by Syria on Syrians and I can't help think that someone has to attempt to stop it happening and sanctions and diplomacy simply won't work. I find it an impossible situation in many ways, so those that say 'we should definitely do it' and those that say 'we should definitely not do it' are both far more certain than I am on this.
Syria World War 3 on 12:11 - Apr 14 with 1457 viewssherpajacob

Syria World War 3 on 11:06 - Apr 14 by bluey_the_blue

"Shoehorn"?

Shoehorning" Israel into a discussion about the world trouble spots, is akin to shoehorning Warnock into a,discussion about the biggest tossers in football.

Saudi Arabia and Zimbabwe have also been mentioned, that's who Israel is being bracketed with.

Is criticism of Saudi islamaphobic.
Is critism of Mugabe racist.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Syria World War 3 on 12:11 - Apr 14 with 1457 viewsSwanjaxs

I have no intrest in politics and hope this will eventually be sorted without too much blood spilt.... but come on only the Americans would vote in an absolute looney tune like Donald Trump...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Syria World War 3 on 12:19 - Apr 14 with 1442 viewssherpajacob

Syria World War 3 on 11:42 - Apr 14 by londonlisa2001

There are arguments both ways, but we all know what the media would be saying about a labour PM in a Labour/SNP coalition government using royal prerogative.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Syria World War 3 on 12:25 - Apr 14 with 1431 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 12:19 - Apr 14 by sherpajacob

There are arguments both ways, but we all know what the media would be saying about a labour PM in a Labour/SNP coalition government using royal prerogative.

...and another de-classified report identifying Syria for last weeks attack - my previously linked document(for those who didn't read it) was for last years attack.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024