Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Syria World War 3 10:42 - Apr 11 with 78713 viewsLord_Bony

Is it about to kick off again?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Syria World War 3 on 11:04 - Apr 18 with 2576 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Syria World War 3 on 10:00 - Apr 18 by Lord_Bony

Nice to see Gordon Brown talking sense.

The Americans wanted regime change for their own purposes in Iraq,they misled us and withheld information...we were conned as he says.

The same thing is happening in Syria,they don't want to liberate the people they want regime change for their own good.

Trump and his war hawk advisors are dangerous people. We should stay the hell out and concentrate on our own domestic problems.

The last thing this country needs is to help kick off World War 3.

Straight from the former prime ministers mouth

“THEY CONNED US “

And still some dense people want to ride their coat tails again

Wake the Fack up

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Syria World War 3 on 11:47 - Apr 18 with 2552 viewsShaky

Syria World War 3 on 20:42 - Apr 17 by Humpty

Very informative I must say.

Has everyone suddenly developed amnesia

ITS THE F*CKING ZIONIST JEWS CONTROLLING IT ALL

its nothing to do with British American Syrian or Iranian....

THEY make us all hate each other.... so we kill each other leaving them to pick up the spoils.

WAKE UP

I can see why Sammy's such a big fan.

Not sure where this comes from, but there is no doubt Bibi would love a war with Iran. Absolutely love it.

So would the Neocons in Washington re-emboldened by Bolton's appointment as national security advisor.

Already he is making important staff changes, reappointing some of the nutters McMaster had sacked.

The word is their gang were egging on Trump to escalate in Syria, but Mattis talked him down from the ledge and restraint won the day with the recent strikes.

In response the Neocons have launched a significant media attack on Mattis who is one of the few individuals who can handle Trump, no doubt in part due to his military fetish.

Let's hope his rearguard action is successful.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Syria World War 3 on 12:25 - Apr 18 with 2527 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 09:53 - Apr 18 by Lord_Bony

Oh ffs wake up mun.

How many times have we heard this in the past and it turns out to be made up garbage?

Papers need sensationalism to sell.

You are telling me to wake up!...You jump on every conspiracy article in existence.

You talk about papers needing sensationalism to sell so you reject some links from posters bur you are happy with (allegedly) sensationalised articles which align with your thinking.

This is what I find incredulous and I've alluded to it a few times recently...There are posters who deny the western governments "proof" as lacking insufficient evidence and cite previous lies but they then lap up Russian/Syrian government proof equally lacking in evidence and ignoring the previous lies of these regimes.

There is no equivalence for the burden of proof/evidence.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Syria World War 3 on 12:27 - Apr 18 with 2524 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Syria World War 3 on 12:25 - Apr 18 by DJack

You are telling me to wake up!...You jump on every conspiracy article in existence.

You talk about papers needing sensationalism to sell so you reject some links from posters bur you are happy with (allegedly) sensationalised articles which align with your thinking.

This is what I find incredulous and I've alluded to it a few times recently...There are posters who deny the western governments "proof" as lacking insufficient evidence and cite previous lies but they then lap up Russian/Syrian government proof equally lacking in evidence and ignoring the previous lies of these regimes.

The last couple of videos posted are British ....but carry on .

Syria World War 3 on 12:36 - Apr 18 with 2515 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 12:27 - Apr 18 by oh_tommy_tommy

The last couple of videos posted are British ....but carry on .

Yep, one is nothing to do with this thread and the other is basically saying it's "possible " for the jihadi's to have done the attack but he has absolutely no evidence for this.

But you carry on...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Syria World War 3 on 12:49 - Apr 18 with 2508 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Syria World War 3 on 12:36 - Apr 18 by DJack

Yep, one is nothing to do with this thread and the other is basically saying it's "possible " for the jihadi's to have done the attack but he has absolutely no evidence for this.

But you carry on...

Nothing to do with going to war with the USA .

Facking hell

Learn from the past

And your future will be less filled with mistakes

“Oh Tommy Tommy “

18th April 2018

Syria World War 3 on 12:55 - Apr 18 with 2505 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Syria World War 3 on 23:29 - Apr 17 by oh_tommy_tommy

incredible stuff

A bit of a love in here. At least Brown admits Iraq was a mistake unlike Bliar.

As for his comments about ordinary lives, I'd refer him to his dismantling of occupational pensions and the structural failure of working tax credits that has fed the growth of low wage jobs.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Syria World War 3 on 12:57 - Apr 18 with 2503 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 12:55 - Apr 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

A bit of a love in here. At least Brown admits Iraq was a mistake unlike Bliar.

As for his comments about ordinary lives, I'd refer him to his dismantling of occupational pensions and the structural failure of working tax credits that has fed the growth of low wage jobs.

Add to that he repeatedly gave companies "pension holidays" and got rid of our gold.

Login to get fewer ads

Syria World War 3 on 13:06 - Apr 18 with 2492 viewsLord_Bony

Syria World War 3 on 12:25 - Apr 18 by DJack

I was merely quoting from ex Prime Minister of the UK Gordon Brown.

Also Lord West is a former First Sea Lord, Chief of the Naval Staff and UK Chief of Defence Intelligence.

I think these people know what they are talking about.

If you think they are conspiracy theorists then that weakens your argument I’m afraid.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Syria World War 3 on 13:16 - Apr 18 with 2481 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 13:06 - Apr 18 by Lord_Bony

I was merely quoting from ex Prime Minister of the UK Gordon Brown.

Also Lord West is a former First Sea Lord, Chief of the Naval Staff and UK Chief of Defence Intelligence.

I think these people know what they are talking about.

If you think they are conspiracy theorists then that weakens your argument I’m afraid.

Goren Brown was not talking about the "alleged" gas attack.

Lord West's job was literally to envisage and understand all potential scenarios to ensure that we, as a nation, were ready for the threat. He also offered NO EVIDENCE in this case.

I did not state that they are conspiracy theorists. The Gordon Brown discusion mentioning IRAQ was put up up OTT the lord West link was put up on Twitter. You appear not to have any argument let alone a CREDIBLE one.

Syria World War 3 on 13:22 - Apr 18 with 2471 viewsLord_Bony

well many people (probably the majority) think the action we are taking and the direction we are going is wrong.

The persons mentioned above have made their viewpoints on the subject very succinctly.

But you crack on.

Syria World War 3 on 13:40 - Apr 18 with 2460 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 13:22 - Apr 18 by Lord_Bony

well many people (probably the majority) think the action we are taking and the direction we are going is wrong.

The persons mentioned above have made their viewpoints on the subject very succinctly.

But you crack on.

The night that we bombed (missiled) Syria I posted that it was a mistake.

One of those succinct people was talking about something else the other just talking, no evidence not even circumstantial!...I wonder if Ghengis Khan talked succinctly would you think he was just a nice guy.

Putting aside the latest"event", are you comfortable with the fact that Assad has REPEATEDLY GASSED his own civilians?

Syria World War 3 on 13:58 - Apr 18 with 2449 viewsJack_Meoff

Syria World War 3 on 10:56 - Apr 17 by Nookiejack

The Claim that Russia has Vetoed Calls for an Inquiry into Alleged Gas Attacks at the UN

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2018/04/the-claim-that-russia-has-vetoed-

"To put it mildly, these reports are seriously misleading. In some cases they are actual untrue statements (Suggestio Falsi) in others, they involve the telling of half-truths which conceal the full truth (Suppressio Veri).

This is easily checked. the shocking thing is that these reports see,m to have been made without any such checking. I checked them because they struck me (as, I might claim, a fairly experienced reporter of political and diplomatic matters) as highly unlikely to be true.

The UN's own website shows
https://www.un.org/press/en/2018/sc13288.doc.htm

that the Russian Federation, as well as the USA, proposed a motion at the Security Council ca;ling for an independent inquiry into the incident. . The UN says: 'By the terms of that text, the Council would have established a United Nations *independent mechanism of investigation* (my emphasis,PH) , also for an initial period of one year, and urged it to fully ensure a truly impartial, independent, professional and credible way to conduct its investigation. It would have further directed the mechanism to make full use of all credible, verified and corroborated evidence collected by the OPCW fact-finding mission, while also directing it to collect and examine additional information and sources not obtained or prepared by the mission, including all information provided by the Government of Syria and others on the activities of non-State actors.'

So in fact both the USA *and* the Russian Federation proposed motions calling for *different* types of independent investigation. This is not the place for a discussion of these differences. But it is flatly untrue to state that Russia ' has rejected calls for an independent inquiry' and highly misleading to state that Russia had 'rejected Washington's call for an independent investigation' without also stating that it had made its own call for a *different form* of independent investigation. In my view this serious inaccuracy directly contravenes Paragraph 6 of the BBC Charter 'the BBC should provide duly accurate and impartial news, current affairs and factual programming' and Section 3 of the BBC's Editorial Guidelines 'The BBC is committed to achieving due accuracy.' I am pursuing a complaint on the matter."

Peter Hitchens has been one of the very few voices of reason in this whole sorry saga. Amazingly enough.

As he tweeted recently - 'No courage needed, though kind of you to attribute it. Only thing that bothers me is, why am I almost alone in writing things that would once have been commonplace in British journalism? And why me of all people, as many ask?'

Also, if anyone thinks the perpetrator of the Khan Sheikhoun chemical attack is cut and dried, please read this. The OPCW didn't actually visit Khan Sheikhoun at any point.

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2018/04/rushing-to-judgement-over-syria-s

Also, for those who asked why the OPCW have been delayed (this time around), weren't they due to visit the site of the alleged attack last Saturday, before the US/UK/French strikes delayed them?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Syria World War 3 on 14:20 - Apr 18 with 2435 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 13:58 - Apr 18 by Jack_Meoff

Peter Hitchens has been one of the very few voices of reason in this whole sorry saga. Amazingly enough.

As he tweeted recently - 'No courage needed, though kind of you to attribute it. Only thing that bothers me is, why am I almost alone in writing things that would once have been commonplace in British journalism? And why me of all people, as many ask?'

Also, if anyone thinks the perpetrator of the Khan Sheikhoun chemical attack is cut and dried, please read this. The OPCW didn't actually visit Khan Sheikhoun at any point.

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2018/04/rushing-to-judgement-over-syria-s

Also, for those who asked why the OPCW have been delayed (this time around), weren't they due to visit the site of the alleged attack last Saturday, before the US/UK/French strikes delayed them?

"Also, if anyone thinks the perpetrator of the Khan Sheikhoun chemical attack is cut and dried, please read this. The OPCW didn't actually visit Khan Sheikhoun at any point. "

From the organisation the World has mandated to investigate such events...

https://www.opcw.org/news/article/opcw-fact-finding-mission-confirms-use-of-chem

"An advance team for the FFM was deployed within 24 hours of being alerted to the incident. For security reasons, the FFM was unable to visit Khan Shaykhun. The rapid deployment to a neighbouring country, however, enabled the team to attend autopsies, collect bio-medical samples from casualties and fatalities, interview witnesses and receive environmental samples.

A rigorous methodology was employed for conducting an investigation of alleged use of chemical weapons that took into account corroboration between interviewee testimonies; open-source research, documents, and other records; and the characteristics of the samples including those provided by the Government of the Syrian Arab Republic."

Syria World War 3 on 19:10 - Apr 18 with 2375 viewsburty

says the yank using agent orange in vietnam !!!
Syria World War 3 on 23:41 - Apr 18 with 2310 viewsDJack

Article from Vice for your consideration...

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/9kgm3e/syria-and-the-anti-imperialism-of-idio

Syria World War 3 on 00:24 - Apr 19 with 2293 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Syria World War 3 on 23:41 - Apr 18 by DJack

Article from Vice for your consideration...

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/9kgm3e/syria-and-the-anti-imperialism-of-idio

Vice, eh. Are they journalists on the ground in Syria or former military experts?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Syria World War 3 on 00:28 - Apr 19 with 2291 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 00:24 - Apr 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Vice, eh. Are they journalists on the ground in Syria or former military experts?

Did you bother to read the article and or the background of the blogger or did you just spout off without any inkling?...

Syria World War 3 on 00:30 - Apr 19 with 2290 viewsDJack

Perhaps you will read this worthy article?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43810740
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 0:30]

Syria World War 3 on 00:33 - Apr 19 with 2285 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Syria World War 3 on 00:30 - Apr 19 by DJack

Perhaps you will read this worthy article?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43810740
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 0:30]

You seemed think the best way to help Syrians is to "bomb them in a slightly more humanitarian way".

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Syria World War 3 on 00:35 - Apr 19 with 2281 viewsDJack

Syria World War 3 on 00:33 - Apr 19 by Brynmill_Jack

You seemed think the best way to help Syrians is to "bomb them in a slightly more humanitarian way".

Once again putting words into others mouth to deflect from your deficiencies...

Syria World War 3 on 01:12 - Apr 20 with 2149 viewsNookiejack

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2018/04/known-unknowns-reflections-on-eve

"I’d like to relax over this, but there is a nagging, frightening problem about this, which is why I mentioned the speculation about the genuineness of the widely-accepted accounts of the Douma attack, which is bound to follow the raising of doubts over the claims by serious figures.

We have seen the USA, Britain and France, all law-governed states with free media and parliaments, launching legally dubious ( again, I am being generous here. I suspect these attacks were illegal but will be without consequences because they have widespread political support and casualties seem to have been avoided) attacks on a sovereign state without any proof of the crime against which they are acting, and indeed deliberately not waiting for such proof to be obtained. The more I think about this behaviour the more extraordinary it seems to me to be. Equally extraordinary is the willing, even enthusiastic and machismo-infected acceptance of it by politicians and media who (quite rightly) will often question American court decisions to execute persons who have been convicted of heinous murders after long trials and repeated appeals."

"This region is a tangle of bizarre alliances of convenience, but they all revolve around Saudi Arabia’s furious, sectarian loathing of Iran. My own personal view, based on a visit to Iran is that Iran is not the aggressor in this quarrel, not least because Shia Islam, despite the efforts of Ayatollah Khomeini, is fundamentally not a warlike creed, and the appalling cost of the ‘imposed war’ with Iraq still haunts Iranian politics and culture. The war cemeteries near Teheran are as vast and distressing as the First World War graveyards of the Somme. And a lot newer. Plenty of Iranian people still in the midst of active lives have relatives lying in those enormous graveyards. Unpolitical Iranians unsympathetic to the regime, to my personal knowledge, are overpoweringly moved by them

But many other factors are involved. Iran’s defence of its Syrian ally has brought into even closer friendship with the Hizbollah militias who have done much of the fighting against the Saudi-backed Sunni militias in Syria. Some reports say that Israel’s attack on Syria last week had more to do with Israeli fears that the Iranian Revolutionary Guard is seeking to install serious air defences covering its bases in Syria, than in any retaliation for Douma.

Israel (in my view wholly mistakenly) is preoccupied almost beyond reason with an alleged threat from Iran, and this has brought Jerusalem into a sort of informal alliance with, of all people, Saudi Arabia. It has also done great damage to what until recently was one of the most fascinating diplomatic rapprochements in modern history, the remarkably warm friendship between Moscow and Jerusalem, much encouraged by Vladimir Putin. But last week’s Israeli attack on the Iranians in Syria greatly annoyed the Kremlin, which values its close ties with Teheran.

This is perhaps why the USA is so reluctant to leave Syria alone. President Trump seems to have accepted the Netanyahu vision of the Middle East, in which Iran is the great threat, and is seeking power in Syria and Lebanon so as to threaten Israel. And this vision is the likely source of the growing readiness of the USA to get and stay involved in the area, with France and Britain the fifth and six wheels in its military cart, reliable cover for whenever the USA is accused of acting in its own interests rather than for some grand global ideal."
Syria World War 3 on 08:56 - Apr 20 with 2093 viewsbluey_the_blue

Hitchens seems to ignore Iran and Syria have always been behind Hezbollah.

Still, I knew it would be the fault of "da Jooz" at some point or other.
Syria World War 3 on 09:23 - Apr 20 with 2074 viewsNookiejack

Syria World War 3 on 08:56 - Apr 20 by bluey_the_blue

Hitchens seems to ignore Iran and Syria have always been behind Hezbollah.

Still, I knew it would be the fault of "da Jooz" at some point or other.

How many terrorist attacks have been conducted by Iran in the West?

Answer NIL.

Compare that to all the terrorist attacks led by Groups sponsored by Saudi Arabia.
Syria World War 3 on 09:28 - Apr 20 with 2066 viewsJack_Meoff

Syria World War 3 on 17:22 - Apr 17 by bluey_the_blue

The same people like you do.

He may be pretty solid...calling himself "Mr Ethical" however seems to indicate his rationale is more ego driven than "ethically" driven.

When your argument seems to be "hey, the PM bombed Syria so her husband could make money!" it's pretty weak tbh.

He called himself Mr Ethical because that's what his boss would call him as he refused to defraud customers, unlike what seemed to be common practice at the time of his employment at HSBC. He's been involved in a long battle with the bank after whistleblowing about their practices, with minimal support (if any) from the media; they don't like to report that sort of thing. He also won the case I believe.

Here he is at a hustings at the last GE getting shut down by Amber Rudd as he was talking about our criminal government's arms dealing. Let that sink in - he's getting censored by our Home Secretary.

Some people try and oust criminals, bring them to the public's attention. Other people, amazingly, are stupid enough to actually vote for them.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024