Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crazy Price On Train tickets 11:59 - Apr 13 with 5890 viewsSTID2017

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/man-buys-car-london-bristol-1448

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 17:45 - Apr 15 with 1425 viewsNeath_Jack

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 16:00 - Apr 15 by builthjack

This seems to happen a lot, not just on the trains. I know lots of people who have retired early from Powys County Council. Then a short while later they are back doing the same job on yearly contracts for mega money after having been paid a fortune to retire.
School teachers are another one. I know quite a few who have gone from working 5 days, to now working 3 or 4 days. Then they go on the bank and make it back to 5 days working, whilst earning half as much again as they originally did. So fcking wrong.

Tata steel workers are the same, well the senior'ish positions are anyway.

They come back earning more an hour than they did when employed.

Then you get them coming out moaning that the place is losing money etc.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 06:56 - Apr 16 with 1355 viewswaynekerr55

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 17:09 - Apr 15 by Jackfath

Run the school teachers one by me again?

Unlikely as it's bollocks. Very few teachers do this, I've seen one or two do this in 13 years in the FE sector

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 10:37 - Apr 16 with 1307 viewscontroversial_jack

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 19:34 - Apr 13 by taffpunk

Just been to London with the other half on the train, booked 3 months in advance. £55 each return from Cardiff, absolute bargain.

£55, an absolute bargain?
Crazy Price On Train tickets on 10:50 - Apr 16 with 1297 views1983

I work for a train operating company and have done for 24 yrs a lot of talk on here is hear say

Drivers are the only ones who earn stupid money ours earn 50K basic, reason for that is if drivers go on strike trains do not run simple end of story (only about 10% of drivers are in the RMT the rest are in ASLEF) also train companies poach each others drivers from other companies (something that would not happen if it was all renationalised because then there would be no competition ) our company are sh1t scared of drivers and bow down to them at the slightest thing and just chuck money at them.

The government privatised the railways in the 1990's because of years of governments in the past labour & tory treating it as a cash cow taking money out and not reinvesting
and then realised it was a crock of sh1t and got rid.

One of the old BR boys I worked with blamed the Germans for not doing a good enough job of bombing our railways and not getting them rebuilt, there are years more to come of higher prices.

We get free travel and it is a brilliant perk me and the missus have been every where in this country and very rare travel standard class, when we were in the Europa we done most of it by train we get some free and some 50% & 75% off tickets internationally.

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 11:07 - Apr 16 with 1277 viewsSTID2017

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 10:37 - Apr 16 by controversial_jack

Buy these at the right time you can get them for £50 the pair return from Neath / Swansea

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 11:08 - Apr 16 with 1276 viewstaffpunk

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 10:37 - Apr 16 by controversial_jack

OK, slight exaggeration, but very good compared to what it would be if you paid on the day.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 11:14 - Apr 16 with 1255 viewsDarran

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 10:50 - Apr 16 by 1983

I work for a train operating company and have done for 24 yrs a lot of talk on here is hear say

Drivers are the only ones who earn stupid money ours earn 50K basic, reason for that is if drivers go on strike trains do not run simple end of story (only about 10% of drivers are in the RMT the rest are in ASLEF) also train companies poach each others drivers from other companies (something that would not happen if it was all renationalised because then there would be no competition ) our company are sh1t scared of drivers and bow down to them at the slightest thing and just chuck money at them.

The government privatised the railways in the 1990's because of years of governments in the past labour & tory treating it as a cash cow taking money out and not reinvesting
and then realised it was a crock of sh1t and got rid.

One of the old BR boys I worked with blamed the Germans for not doing a good enough job of bombing our railways and not getting them rebuilt, there are years more to come of higher prices.

We get free travel and it is a brilliant perk me and the missus have been every where in this country and very rare travel standard class, when we were in the Europa we done most of it by train we get some free and some 50% & 75% off tickets internationally.

A member of our family drove trains for many years.
He’s absolutely minted.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 11:26 - Apr 16 with 1253 viewsDr_Winston

Surprised the train firms haven't forced through driverless trains by now. The technology has existed for years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 11:49 - Apr 16 with 1242 views1983

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 11:26 - Apr 16 by Dr_Winston

Surprised the train firms haven't forced through driverless trains by now. The technology has existed for years.

Rubbish mate we are years away from that, we are still using this in a hell of a lot of places Victorian infrastructure

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 13:45 - Apr 16 with 1206 viewscontroversial_jack

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 11:26 - Apr 16 by Dr_Winston

Moving block technology was tried a few years ago and it was a failure. It's difficult to do on main lines and we are decades away
Crazy Price On Train tickets on 15:46 - Apr 16 with 1187 viewsDr_Winston

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 11:49 - Apr 16 by 1983

Rubbish mate we are years away from that, we are still using this in a hell of a lot of places Victorian infrastructure

I didn't say it was in place. I said it exists, which it does.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 16:06 - Apr 16 with 1175 viewscontroversial_jack

Crazy Price On Train tickets on 15:46 - Apr 16 by Dr_Winston

I didn't say it was in place. I said it exists, which it does.

It doesn't work on fast and busy mainlines as yet
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024