Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No VAR in the PL 14:16 - Apr 13 with 4688 viewsTheFranchise

Clubs have voted against using it next season, its a shame because I think the PL has the money and influence to make it work.
No VAR in the PL on 14:59 - Apr 13 with 4025 viewssaawonzee

Good..slows the game down too much and more importantly takes all the emotion out of the game
No VAR in the PL on 15:16 - Apr 13 with 3997 viewsjackal

I always thought that it would be a good idea, but having seen it in action, it's awful. Slows the game down. It spoils the atmosphere and kills the tempo.
No VAR in the PL on 15:20 - Apr 13 with 3988 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The big clubs won't vote for it they already get the decisions going their way.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

No VAR in the PL on 16:13 - Apr 13 with 3934 viewsOldjack

No VAR in the PL on 15:20 - Apr 13 by felixstowe_jack

The cheating bastards will love this ,I'm all in favour of VAR

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

No VAR in the PL on 16:20 - Apr 13 with 3921 viewsNickyJack

Dissapointing because getting the right decision can never be a bad thing. It's just a shame that it was used so ineptly.
No VAR in the PL on 16:21 - Apr 13 with 3912 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

No VAR in the PL on 15:20 - Apr 13 by felixstowe_jack

Not true. Manchester City were the victims of some shocking decisions over the two legs which may well have changed the outcome of the quarter final.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

No VAR in the PL on 16:23 - Apr 13 with 3915 viewsMattG

The intention of VAR, like DRS in cricket, was to remove the real howlers from the game, not to scrutinise every miniscule possible error.

For me, there's no reason why VAR shouldn't be used along similar lines to DRS - each side gets one challenge per half and only lose it if their challenge is not upheld by the VAR. If their challenge is upheld then they retain their challenge to use again during that half.

Also, to deal with the subjective nature of decisions, have either 2 or 3 VARs for each match with the on-field decision only being overturned if both or 2/3 of them agree within a set time limit, say 60 seconds.
No VAR in the PL on 16:32 - Apr 13 with 3902 viewsBobby_Fischer

Thank God, don't want football going down the rugby route.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Login to get fewer ads

No VAR in the PL on 16:33 - Apr 13 with 3896 viewsploppy

Good.
No VAR in the PL on 16:54 - Apr 13 with 3875 viewsTummer_from_Texas

No VAR in the PL on 16:21 - Apr 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Not true. Manchester City were the victims of some shocking decisions over the two legs which may well have changed the outcome of the quarter final.

Man City isn't a bigger club than Liverpool.

Obviously, he's saying the bigger clubs get the decisions when they are playing smaller clubs.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

No VAR in the PL on 16:56 - Apr 13 with 3868 viewsBobby_Fischer

No VAR in the PL on 16:54 - Apr 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

Man City isn't a bigger club than Liverpool.

Obviously, he's saying the bigger clubs get the decisions when they are playing smaller clubs.

In all fairness, how would you know?

No VAR in the PL on 19:05 - Apr 13 with 3791 viewshobo

Hardly a surprise given how VAR has done in all countries it's been trialled in, but excellent news nonetheless!
No VAR in the PL on 19:23 - Apr 13 with 3774 viewslonglostjack

No VAR in the PL on 16:23 - Apr 13 by MattG

The intention of VAR, like DRS in cricket, was to remove the real howlers from the game, not to scrutinise every miniscule possible error.

For me, there's no reason why VAR shouldn't be used along similar lines to DRS - each side gets one challenge per half and only lose it if their challenge is not upheld by the VAR. If their challenge is upheld then they retain their challenge to use again during that half.

Also, to deal with the subjective nature of decisions, have either 2 or 3 VARs for each match with the on-field decision only being overturned if both or 2/3 of them agree within a set time limit, say 60 seconds.

Exactly. Common sense really.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

No VAR in the PL on 19:56 - Apr 13 with 3730 viewsTummer_from_Texas

No VAR in the PL on 16:56 - Apr 13 by Bobby_Fischer

How would I know what?

Arguing that big clubs don't usually get decisions in their favor because a big club didn't get one against ANOTHER big club is simply inane. Obviously, another big club (in this case, Liverpool) benefited from the bad decisions against Man City.

This isn't complicated.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2018 20:00]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

No VAR in the PL on 19:58 - Apr 13 with 3721 viewsGlyn1

No VAR in the PL on 16:56 - Apr 13 by Bobby_Fischer

In all fairness, you are an idiot.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

No VAR in the PL on 20:04 - Apr 13 with 3705 viewsA_Fans_Dad

All those against it's introduction on here will be spitting tacks next season when we have the usual dozen or so decisions going agaisnt us costing us games and points.
They will also be slagging off the crap Refs as well when it happens, because it will happen.
No VAR in the PL on 20:06 - Apr 13 with 3702 viewsGlyn1

No VAR in the PL on 19:58 - Apr 13 by Glyn1

Sorry, I meant to say that you are a knuckle dragging fool who couldn't urinate without looking at the instruction manual, but 'idiot' was quicker to type.

Are you an adult?
[Post edited 13 Apr 2018 20:36]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

No VAR in the PL on 23:13 - Apr 13 with 3605 viewsJethroJack

Which means another big club benefitted then
No VAR in the PL on 23:14 - Apr 13 with 3602 viewsLoyal

By they aren't Liverpool ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

No VAR in the PL on 23:43 - Apr 13 with 3577 viewsploppy

No VAR in the PL on 20:04 - Apr 13 by A_Fans_Dad

All those against it's introduction on here will be spitting tacks next season when we have the usual dozen or so decisions going agaisnt us costing us games and points.
They will also be slagging off the crap Refs as well when it happens, because it will happen.

Well, I'm against VAR but if/when decisions go against us I get over it because I'm a grown up and I'd rather the odd incorrect decision than VAR taking the emotion out of the game. And I don't buy the argument that smaller clubs are hard done by anyway. So out of curiosity which decisions have cost us games or points this season?
No VAR in the PL on 09:03 - Apr 14 with 3495 views34dfgdf54

No VAR in the PL on 19:58 - Apr 13 by Glyn1

He’s one of the biggest c*cks on here.
No VAR in the PL on 09:28 - Apr 14 with 3479 viewsBobby_Fischer

No VAR in the PL on 09:03 - Apr 14 by 34dfgdf54

He’s one of the biggest c*cks on here.

Never PM'd someone making fun of mental illness mind.

No VAR in the PL on 09:29 - Apr 14 with 3478 viewsfelixstowe_jack

That was in the Champions league on the PL. Liverpool are by far a bigger club in Champions league European Cup having won in many times. Man City are small fry. Just proves my theory the decisions go to the big clubs, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool, Man Utd.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

No VAR in the PL on 09:36 - Apr 14 with 3468 views34dfgdf54

No VAR in the PL on 09:28 - Apr 14 by Bobby_Fischer

Never PM'd someone making fun of mental illness mind.

I screenshotted the PM’s on the thread, and proved he was lying to everyone who saw. But obviously don’t let facts get in the way of your argument.

Absolute knob of the highest order.

As for the thread, chuffed VAR’s been voted against, no place for it.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2018 9:36]
No VAR in the PL on 10:12 - Apr 14 with 3424 viewsSTID2017

Glad to see you are not only loyal to one side of Manchester !

What you say is true though, VAR would have made it a whole different tie

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024