Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Fogarty in Concert 23:54 - Apr 14 with 3651 viewsmajorraglan

I have booked to go to Boston /New England in July and can see that John Fogarty who many will say was the creative force behind Creedence Clearwater Revival is in concert in Saratoga Springs New York State while we are there. It’s a bit out of our way, but I was wondering if anyone seen Fogarty in concert? If they have was he any good and would it be worth making the trip to Saratoga?
I am partial to a bit of CCR, but I know nothing about Saratoga and was wondering if it was worth making the effort?

Sensible advice would be appreciated.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2018 23:55]
John Fogarty in Concert on 00:26 - Apr 15 with 3626 viewsLohengrin

I’ve seen John Fogarty a few times, mate. If you have the chance then do it, you may not have another. Upstate New York is a great place, I worked there for a spell in the ‘80s; it’s a fair step from Boston, mind. About as far as Swansea is from London.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

John Fogarty in Concert on 00:37 - Apr 15 with 3613 viewsmajorraglan

John Fogarty in Concert on 00:26 - Apr 15 by Lohengrin

I’ve seen John Fogarty a few times, mate. If you have the chance then do it, you may not have another. Upstate New York is a great place, I worked there for a spell in the ‘80s; it’s a fair step from Boston, mind. About as far as Swansea is from London.

Thanks for the prompt response, I checked it out and it’s about 4 or 5 hours drive each way, so I would probably have to shift the focus of the trip a little towards the NY State area which we can do.

Cheers.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 0:38]
John Fogarty in Concert on 10:54 - Apr 15 with 3525 viewsProfessor

John Fogarty in Concert on 00:37 - Apr 15 by majorraglan

Thanks for the prompt response, I checked it out and it’s about 4 or 5 hours drive each way, so I would probably have to shift the focus of the trip a little towards the NY State area which we can do.

Cheers.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 0:38]

Upstate NY is really nice- been to Ithaca which is further west again but lovely countryside, food and drink. Boston is OK, but perhaps overrated within the US as it at least has some historic buildings. That said a trip to Fenway Park is worth doing. Been there a couple of times and had become a bit pricey too.
John Fogarty in Concert on 11:09 - Apr 15 with 3516 viewsDarran

Fenway Park ~ August 11th 2018

Cheap Trick,Def Leppard & Journey

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

John Fogarty in Concert on 11:52 - Apr 15 with 3496 viewsstevethejack

Def Leppard & Journey are good.

Boston is seriously expensive for accommodation and hasn't got a load about it unless you're into your American history. Five days there at the end of a US trip was a bit too much time there.
John Fogarty in Concert on 11:54 - Apr 15 with 3486 viewsexiledclaseboy

Me and the wife are off to New York in September. Four days there and three in Washington.

Poll: Tory leader

John Fogarty in Concert on 12:11 - Apr 15 with 3472 viewsMuteswan

John Fogarty in Concert on 11:54 - Apr 15 by exiledclaseboy

Me and the wife are off to New York in September. Four days there and three in Washington.

Mrs. Mute and I did this last year and also went to Boston. Had a fantastic holiday.
Enjoy.
John Fogarty in Concert on 14:53 - Apr 15 with 3420 viewsItchySphincter

I saw John Cougar Mellencamp once. Any help?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

John Fogarty in Concert on 15:45 - Apr 15 with 3393 viewsLoyal

I wonder if Fogarty will be playing any songs by the golliwogs ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024