Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sacrifice 07:56 - Apr 15 with 4368 viewsleebracey

Stay in the premier league and play hoofball every week, drop down to the championship and play free flowing attractive football instead.
Sacrifice on 08:00 - Apr 15 with 3445 viewsjack247

I’m not sure why people think we will suddenly turn into Barcelona if we get relegated
Sacrifice on 08:03 - Apr 15 with 3430 viewsCaptain_Sham

Daddy or chips?

Its just a ride.

Sacrifice on 08:05 - Apr 15 with 3417 viewsSTID2017

Or third option - drop down to the Championship, play dire football against sided desperate to go up or avoid relegation, end up dropping like a stone to oblivion.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sacrifice on 08:23 - Apr 15 with 3375 viewsAguycalledJack

Save for a couple of teams the championship is hoofball.
Sacrifice on 09:24 - Apr 15 with 3307 viewsswanforthemoney

Or stay in the Premier League and revert to a more dashing style of play with more short passing, which is my preferred option.
Can Carlos deliver that?
I think so, as long as he can work with the club to move us in that direction.

I stand in the North Stand

Sacrifice on 09:26 - Apr 15 with 3294 viewsswanforthemoney

Sacrifice on 08:23 - Apr 15 by AguycalledJack

Save for a couple of teams the championship is hoofball.

Which two?

I stand in the North Stand

Sacrifice on 09:27 - Apr 15 with 3282 viewsSTID2017

Sacrifice on 09:26 - Apr 15 by swanforthemoney

Which two?

Wolves and Fulham ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sacrifice on 09:57 - Apr 15 with 3219 viewsAguycalledJack

Wolves, Fulham, Brentford.

Brentford short of a decent striker .
Login to get fewer ads

Sacrifice on 10:19 - Apr 15 with 3155 viewsvetchonian

Why do people think that dropping down will change our football?
The style of football played is dictated by the manager and coaching staff and the players at their disposal.
We were lucky in the appointment of Martinez who had a vision and assembled a team of players capable of playing took a tikka.Subsequqnt appointments continued in that vein up,until Monk being appointed.
Our arrival in the PL began our down fall as to survive we had to adapt and this meant the "sacrifice" of some of the band of brother team ideals and pay structures.Now it it ant survival in the PL .
BUt how people believe the way to return to free flowing football is to be relegated is beyond me....it is not the league your are in it ....I means do Cardiff play fast free flowing attractive football?
The answer is getting the right manager and giving him the tools.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 10:25]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Sacrifice on 10:23 - Apr 15 with 3139 viewsMrSwerve

I couldn't give a toss how we play as long as we win and stay in the PL. Obviously would rather attractive football but as long as we win I don't really care.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Sacrifice on 10:33 - Apr 15 with 3092 viewsAguycalledJack

We are in the league that everybody else wants to be in, so let’s stay there by whatever means possible.
Sacrifice on 10:37 - Apr 15 with 3084 viewsPrivate_Partz

Sacrifice on 10:19 - Apr 15 by vetchonian

The style of football played is dictated by the manager and coaching staff and the players at their disposal.
We were lucky in the appointment of Martinez who had a vision and assembled a team of players capable of playing took a tikka.Subsequqnt appointments continued in that vein up,until Monk being appointed.
Our arrival in the PL began our down fall as to survive we had to adapt and this meant the "sacrifice" of some of the band of brother team ideals and pay structures.Now it it ant survival in the PL .
BUt how people believe the way to return to free flowing football is to be relegated is beyond me....it is not the league your are in it ....I means do Cardiff play fast free flowing attractive football?

Spot on.
I would also add that our League status is vital to the club and the whole Swansea Bay Area.
If playing hoofball will help compensate for the incompetent recruiting team, that will not move out of the club, then it should be an option. Footballing style can be changed. It is much harder to get out of the Championship.
Btw I saw little evidence of hoofball from us yesterday. Particularly when compared to Fat Sam's tactics in the last quarter of the game.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Sacrifice on 11:26 - Apr 15 with 2989 viewsTreforys_Jack

Silly OP, why on earth do you think we will play free flowing football if we get relegated.
Sacrifice on 12:27 - Apr 15 with 2904 viewssherpajacob

Playing hoofball will guarantee we get relegated from PL
[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 12:29]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Sacrifice on 12:55 - Apr 15 with 2865 viewsjack2jack

Good god no. PL every day of the week.
It's not just the football, it goes much further than that, in terms of what it should bring to the area.Rue the day we ever get relegated.
Sacrifice on 13:02 - Apr 15 with 2844 viewsQuincy999

Exactly. The media seems to have convinced itself that if you are towards the bottom of the league you have a choice, longball and stay up or passing football and go down. The reality is the opposite.
Sacrifice on 13:09 - Apr 15 with 2814 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It was very amusing to hear lots of people around me yesterday criticising and mocking Everton's constant long ball tactics, yet seemed completely oblivious to the fact that we were doing exactly the same thing as well.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Sacrifice on 13:12 - Apr 15 with 2805 viewsAl_Bundy

The one thing being relegated is we'll keep the deadwood on and will be the basis of our team next season.

We really need a clear out this summer especially if we stay up and some focussed recruitment based on what the Manager needs and not the maverick wants !
Sacrifice on 13:25 - Apr 15 with 2775 viewsRevJames

Sacrifice on 09:24 - Apr 15 by swanforthemoney

Or stay in the Premier League and revert to a more dashing style of play with more short passing, which is my preferred option.
Can Carlos deliver that?

Does the club have a philosophy in terms of the style of football it wants to play and what are its objectives for the next few seasons?

It was mentioned on 'Call Rob' last night that below the 'top 6', the Premier League isn't great. It's hard to argue with that and to be honest, it's getting a bit tiresome being just another club like Sunderland .

Unless things change for the better in the recruitment and investment dept, it is inevitable that we will be relegated sooner rather than later.
Sacrifice on 13:31 - Apr 15 with 2756 viewsJethroJack

Sacrifice on 09:24 - Apr 15 by swanforthemoney

Can Carlos deliver that?

A fair bit of the "pass & move" on show yesterday to be fair, so well done Carlos.
Shame that the ongoing problem of not rattling the onion bag was on view too.
Consistent clinical finishing has always been our problem.
We're not alone, that's why extortionate sums are paid for strikers.
Sacrifice on 13:37 - Apr 15 with 2739 viewsleebracey

Hypothetical question, chill out.
Sacrifice on 14:23 - Apr 15 with 2657 viewsDr_Winston

Sacrifice on 10:19 - Apr 15 by vetchonian

"Our arrival in the PL began our down fall as to survive we had to adapt"

No we didn't.

We survived and flourished for two or three years just by doing the same things we had for the near decade beforehand. All we had to do was be smart and keep doing what had worked so well for us up until 2014, with the occasional light tweak to a proven style that subsequent managers from Martinez to Laudrup all provided.

We didn't. We chose to tear most of that up and have spent three seasons circling the drain as a result.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sacrifice on 14:46 - Apr 15 with 2608 viewsbyron

Sacrifice on 12:27 - Apr 15 by sherpajacob

Playing hoofball will guarantee we get relegated from PL
[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 12:29]

It hasn’t stopped Stoke and plenty of other staying up. Also wolves have a few players who cost 10 and 17 million who can pass, Fulham have invested heavily and are paying Mitrovic a fortune. You can only do what you can afford unless you get a great manager like roberto for ie. I think Neil spent 5 million to get us where he has. A miracle. I don’t think you will go down.

Benny

Sacrifice on 15:13 - Apr 15 with 2549 viewsJethroJack

Sacrifice on 14:46 - Apr 15 by byron

It hasn’t stopped Stoke and plenty of other staying up. Also wolves have a few players who cost 10 and 17 million who can pass, Fulham have invested heavily and are paying Mitrovic a fortune. You can only do what you can afford unless you get a great manager like roberto for ie. I think Neil spent 5 million to get us where he has. A miracle. I don’t think you will go down.

Wolves will thrive in the Premier League & they probably don't have to spend too much as they have genuine quality.

Can you honestly say the same about your squad IF you go up?

No is the answer. Unless you spend and spend well on intelligent quality players, you are doomed to a miserable season in the bottom 3 and another rapid return back to where you came from.

We spent well in the first 5 seasons, thrived, entertained, won some silverware & toured Europe. Last 3 years has been a struggle & its all down to poor recruitment.

Still some crucial games to go, but WHEN we survive, we can be thankful Carlos rocked up to save the day, against all the odds.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 15:14]
Sacrifice on 15:22 - Apr 15 with 2520 viewsbyron

It will certainly be very difficult if we make promotion. You didn’t spend that much when you first got promoted did you? I know you had st Brendan and all that who really is a top manager. Did you have a decent striker? That Italian guy was just in loan wasn’t he? Obv you had some very decent players like ash, Leon, Rangel who had grown together. You didn’t spend and you didn’t struggle.
Lately, you have spent and you are struggerling every year, does that mean you keep choosing bad managers? Think the manager is key. I don’t want us to spend big if we make it.

Benny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024