Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forget the teams below us... 10:46 - Apr 15 with 19783 viewsTheResurrection

We need to be targeting Brighton and Watford above.

We can all hope that Stoke and Southampton continue their struggles and there's clearly a lack of quality in their squads. They've only won 6 and 5 games all season. For them to have any realistic chance at survival they are going to need to win at least half their existing tally's to date. And this from their 5 games remaining.

This could happen, anything still can. And that's how they will be looking at us. Their message boards are depressing now, much worse even than this one. They know they have to go on a Champions winning run to even have a squeak, and then they're looking at other clubs to help them out.

Nobody would swap places with them, no matter how much you squeal on here.

However, we need to turn this pressure on its head and look at climbing the table. Great the teams behind us are struggling but let's make sure we bring more into the equation just in case.

Watford and Brighton sit 12th and 13th respectively and Watford have 1 point from the last 5 games, and like last season, are in free-fall. They have 4 games left including Spurs, Man United and Palace. Brighton have picked up 1 point in the last 4 games and are feeling the strain and as we know have a horrendous run in. What they would give for 3 games against Bournemouth, Stoke and Southampton, with 2 of them at home.

This is the reality of our situation and you can bet all you want on what Carlos will be drumming into our players.

We are looking up, not down. We are going to City for a point and we want a result against Chelsea. We don't want to lose against Bournemouth and we want to do our business early so we can go into the last 2 games trying to get as far up the table as possible.

We are better than Everton, we are better than Watford, Brighton and the 2 behind us. And we are mentally strong and ready for the run in.

Keep that scoreboard ticking over.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Forget the teams below us... on 13:08 - Apr 16 with 3817 viewsvetchonian

Back on topic
The only teams we should be focused on are

Man City
Chelsea
Bournemouth
Southhampton
Stoke City

And how we get some points from these games to ensure we finish at least 17th. Not looking at teams above us but on what we need to do in each of our remaining games.

whilst Man City are now crowned champions Saturday will no doubt be even harder as the pressure iis off them sothere will be no nerves and they will not want to slip on a bananna skin for their celebration..oure aim should be to keep the score down to protect our GD...it would be great if we could sneak a point.

The other games we should be aiming to to get results from. Chesea shown they are vulnerable away and we have beaten Liverpool and Arsenal ...that said WBA beat United yesterday!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Forget the teams below us... on 13:55 - Apr 16 with 3761 viewsjack247

Forget the teams below us... on 13:08 - Apr 16 by vetchonian

Back on topic
The only teams we should be focused on are

Man City
Chelsea
Bournemouth
Southhampton
Stoke City

And how we get some points from these games to ensure we finish at least 17th. Not looking at teams above us but on what we need to do in each of our remaining games.

whilst Man City are now crowned champions Saturday will no doubt be even harder as the pressure iis off them sothere will be no nerves and they will not want to slip on a bananna skin for their celebration..oure aim should be to keep the score down to protect our GD...it would be great if we could sneak a point.

The other games we should be aiming to to get results from. Chesea shown they are vulnerable away and we have beaten Liverpool and Arsenal ...that said WBA beat United yesterday!

Very fair point. It’s only normal for us fans to get preoccupied with other teams losing, but from the teams point of view, it’s very much in their own hands and all they need to focus on is the remaining games.

Play like we did against Everton and we won’t need anyone to do us a favour.
Forget the teams below us... on 17:08 - Apr 16 with 3700 viewsSgorioFruit

If we fail to muster up a win just like we failed in the last two games then I’m afraid we are focusing on Southampton below us to not pick up any points.
Stoke are finished.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Forget the teams below us... on 19:17 - Apr 16 with 3645 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 17:08 - Apr 16 by SgorioFruit

If we fail to muster up a win just like we failed in the last two games then I’m afraid we are focusing on Southampton below us to not pick up any points.
Stoke are finished.

Why would we be targeting teams above us to finish higher than them by failing to muster up a win?

That's the whole point. There's lots of points still to be won. And not just the 3 a lot are hoping for.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Forget the teams below us... on 19:40 - Apr 16 with 3617 viewsSTID2017

Forget the teams below us... on 19:17 - Apr 16 by TheResurrection

Why would we be targeting teams above us to finish higher than them by failing to muster up a win?

That's the whole point. There's lots of points still to be won. And not just the 3 a lot are hoping for.

There's lots of points to won by all the teams in trouble.
Winning them is much harder than talking about it though.
For example who would have thought WBA would have got 4 points out of the last 6 ?
If Stoke win tonight, they could well go on a run and put us down.
Ergo, we cannot afford to forget the teams below us ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Forget the teams below us... on 20:18 - Apr 16 with 3599 viewsSgorioFruit

Forget the teams below us... on 19:17 - Apr 16 by TheResurrection

Do you want to tell the players that then?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Forget the teams below us... on 21:54 - Apr 16 with 3519 viewsSTID2017

Lucky not to lose three points of our advantage over Stoke there - one point was bad enough.
To think some think we should forget about the teams below us eh ....

Forget the teams below us... on 21:59 - Apr 16 with 3519 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 21:54 - Apr 16 by STID2017

Lucky not to lose three points of our advantage over Stoke there - one point was bad enough.
To think some think we should forget about the teams below us eh ....

We need to. We need to get at the ones above us.

West Ham firmly in our sights now. Another team we'll end up above.

Login to get fewer ads

Forget the teams below us... on 22:00 - Apr 16 with 3510 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 09:35 - Apr 16 by STID2017

"We should never have been in this trouble, that's all down to Clement. "
Would that be the same Clement that you said Jenkins was right to wait until December before sacking, when the rest of us were calling for him to be sacked from the WHU away game onwards ?
Hate to break this to you but the league table doesn't lie.
The only team in a false position IMO is Huddersfield.
The rest are better than us because when push came to shove they have got the results that mattered - that is why they are above us

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! by TheResurrection 30 Sep 2017 17:05
we were playing for the draw and Clement is doing his best to ruin Clucas' career. First he's played him in the holding role in midfield and now at facking left back.

Clement - i'm not so sure mate. This is a critical time for you and right now you can be rightly looking at the sack.

We, do though, need to remember our first half performance, Bony, Sanches and the defence and midfield ticked over nicely, if not spectacularly.

These are the sorts of platforms we need to build on.

But Clement clearly sends the signals out there to slow the game down - for example, all our free kicks or throw ins. There's NOTHING on, NOTHING!!! We need players who want the ball and if they make the odd mistake a la Sanches now and again, then so be it, we need to be all over these dead balls - but Clement wants us all to look around, make sure our positions are covered, have someone amble up to the ball before 9 times out of 10 giving the facking ball back to them.

If he went tomorrow, after the last few weeks, I wouldnt be sorry.. Mesa is that player who will want the ball all the time but Clement is sapping all his confidence away from him and he's becoming robotiicised.

Sort it out Clement!!

Where were you eh??

"Most of us"??

HUMILIATION

Forget the teams below us... on 22:29 - Apr 16 with 3450 viewsSTID2017

Forget the teams below us... on 22:00 - Apr 16 by TheResurrection

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! by TheResurrection 30 Sep 2017 17:05
we were playing for the draw and Clement is doing his best to ruin Clucas' career. First he's played him in the holding role in midfield and now at facking left back.

Clement - i'm not so sure mate. This is a critical time for you and right now you can be rightly looking at the sack.

We, do though, need to remember our first half performance, Bony, Sanches and the defence and midfield ticked over nicely, if not spectacularly.

But Clement clearly sends the signals out there to slow the game down - for example, all our free kicks or throw ins. There's NOTHING on, NOTHING!!! We need players who want the ball and if they make the odd mistake a la Sanches now and again, then so be it, we need to be all over these dead balls - but Clement wants us all to look around, make sure our positions are covered, have someone amble up to the ball before 9 times out of 10 giving the facking ball back to them.

If he went tomorrow, after the last few weeks, I wouldnt be sorry.. Mesa is that player who will want the ball all the time but Clement is sapping all his confidence away from him and he's becoming robotiicised.

Sort it out Clement!!

Where were you eh??

"Most of us"??

HUMILIATION

Well done you for seeing that Clement could have been facing the sack then.
However in endless posts since you have defended the Yanks and HJ, who are colletivelly responsible for the bad managerial decisions (i.e keeping managers on too long)
Any way, more important things in the world to worry about.

Forget the teams below us... on 06:51 - Apr 17 with 3346 viewsSTID2017

Forget the teams below us... on 22:00 - Apr 16 by TheResurrection

Sort it out Clement!!

Where were you eh??

"Most of us"??

HUMILIATION

I would love to see you in an American debating society,.
Your class would ouze out !

Forget the teams below us... (n/t) on 12:44 - Apr 17 with 3273 viewsEU5Makaveli

[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 12:47]
Forget the teams below us... on 12:48 - Apr 17 with 3266 viewsEU5Makaveli

Forget the teams below us... on 19:48 - Apr 15 by bonymine

Chris,

We are blatantly NOT better than Brighton (safe) or Watford (safe) in the current table which does not lie.

We are currently in 17th place and 5 points above the relegation zone .......please don’t paint a rosy picture on behalf of the Sellouts depicting us over achieving from where we are now ........

In reality we are most certainly IN THE SHIT and if we don’t pick up a point in the next 2 games then we will go into the last 3 games of the season to Bournemouth away and Soton and Stoke at home needing 4/5 points ..........I don’t sit comfortably with that tbh...the greater the pressure the bigger the chance of the team folding under that pressure .....

Never seen a final day ‘shootout’ including the Swans’ for relegation so far but think this year it will be different ....

I really don’t think Brighton are safe just yet, they are 2 points above us with a horrendously difficult run in. It’s not inconceivable that they don’t pick up another point.
Forget the teams below us... on 21:03 - Apr 28 with 3067 viewsDarran

Don’t forget now guys ............... forget the teams below us.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Forget the teams below us... on 21:10 - Apr 28 with 3037 viewsjack2jack

Forget the teams below us... on 21:03 - Apr 28 by Darran

👍
Forget the teams below us... on 21:13 - Apr 28 with 3019 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 21:03 - Apr 28 by Darran

The answer may still lie ahead

Huddersfield are spent.

But we always needed to win at least one more.

So it's as was, look up, not down

Forget the teams below us... on 21:46 - Apr 28 with 2961 viewsSTID2017

Forget the teams below us... on 21:13 - Apr 28 by TheResurrection

Huddersfield are spent.

So Huddersfield lose the rest of their games and finish on 35
Stoke win all their games and finish on 36
Soton win all their games and finish on 41
We fail to beat Bournemouth and even if we draw,, based on worst case scenario, above, we end up on 34 and are relegated.
Personally I cannot see that happening, but if today showed anything, it's clear we cannot afford to forget the teams below us.
In an ideal world, we'll win all three and everyone's happy.
However when did Swans ever do things the easy way ?

Forget the teams below us... on 07:19 - Apr 29 with 2848 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Forget the teams below us... on 21:13 - Apr 28 by TheResurrection

Huddersfield are spent.

A message from a darkened padded cell .. Are you going to disappear off here if HJ takes the club down?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Forget the teams below us... on 09:01 - Apr 29 with 2759 viewsswan65split

Forget the teams below us... on 07:19 - Apr 29 by Brynmill_Jack

A message from a darkened padded cell .. Are you going to disappear off here if HJ takes the club down?

Dont be so soft , its our fault mun .
Forget the teams below us... on 09:09 - Apr 29 with 2760 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 07:19 - Apr 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Can the mental health police batter this prick? Fairs fair.

Forget the teams below us... on 09:15 - Apr 29 with 2749 viewswestwalesed

Forget the teams below us... on 21:46 - Apr 28 by STID2017

So Huddersfield lose the rest of their games and finish on 35
Stoke win all their games and finish on 36
Soton win all their games and finish on 41
We fail to beat Bournemouth and even if we draw,, based on worst case scenario, above, we end up on 34 and are relegated.
Personally I cannot see that happening, but if today showed anything, it's clear we cannot afford to forget the teams below us.
In an ideal world, we'll win all three and everyone's happy.
However when did Swans ever do things the easy way ?

One win should do it for us.

I think the bottom three could well be

Mighty Swans (on 36)
--------------------------------
Huddersfield (on 35)
Stoke
WBA

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Forget the teams below us... on 09:49 - Apr 29 with 2707 viewsJackFish

Forget the teams below us... on 09:15 - Apr 29 by westwalesed

One win should do it for us.

I think the bottom three could well be

Mighty Swans (on 36)
--------------------------------
Huddersfield (on 35)
Stoke
WBA

One win will probably still do it, that would mean Hudds need either a win or two draws which is going to be very tough with their fixtures, and Stoke could then only pass us with a cricket score down here.
Forget the teams below us... on 09:55 - Apr 29 with 2692 viewsthornabyswan

Forget the teams below us... on 17:08 - Apr 16 by SgorioFruit

Stoke are finished.

The bookies think Stoke are finished but I am not so sure.
I think they will beat Palace next week who are safe.
That will give them 33 going into the last game.
If Huddersfield lose all 3 they will have 35.
So Stoke could then overtake us if we take 2 points or less off Bournemouth or Southampton.
We have to win one of those games.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Forget the teams below us... on 10:11 - Apr 29 with 2648 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 09:55 - Apr 29 by thornabyswan

The bookies think Stoke are finished but I am not so sure.
I think they will beat Palace next week who are safe.
That will give them 33 going into the last game.
If Huddersfield lose all 3 they will have 35.
So Stoke could then overtake us if we take 2 points or less off Bournemouth or Southampton.
We have to win one of those games.

Palace won't think they're safe next week, they'll want to make sure of it.

Unfortunately though, so will Bournemouth but they must be in a dodgy run of form as well.

Just checked, 1 win in ten.

Forget the teams below us... on 10:16 - Apr 29 with 2624 viewsCaptain_Sham

Hudds is likely to be an out route for us. I can see Soton finishing above us AND us still staying up. A win next week (however unlikely) will mean we can lose to Soton and stay up. The 1st two times I watched Bmuff this season they were ghastly. They are home though so I'm not expecting much. We are going to have to win one of our home games in all likelihood. I also believe that we stay up on GD. Yikes.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2018 10:23]

Its just a ride.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024