Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forget the teams below us... 10:46 - Apr 15 with 20063 viewsTheResurrection

We need to be targeting Brighton and Watford above.

We can all hope that Stoke and Southampton continue their struggles and there's clearly a lack of quality in their squads. They've only won 6 and 5 games all season. For them to have any realistic chance at survival they are going to need to win at least half their existing tally's to date. And this from their 5 games remaining.

This could happen, anything still can. And that's how they will be looking at us. Their message boards are depressing now, much worse even than this one. They know they have to go on a Champions winning run to even have a squeak, and then they're looking at other clubs to help them out.

Nobody would swap places with them, no matter how much you squeal on here.

However, we need to turn this pressure on its head and look at climbing the table. Great the teams behind us are struggling but let's make sure we bring more into the equation just in case.

Watford and Brighton sit 12th and 13th respectively and Watford have 1 point from the last 5 games, and like last season, are in free-fall. They have 4 games left including Spurs, Man United and Palace. Brighton have picked up 1 point in the last 4 games and are feeling the strain and as we know have a horrendous run in. What they would give for 3 games against Bournemouth, Stoke and Southampton, with 2 of them at home.

This is the reality of our situation and you can bet all you want on what Carlos will be drumming into our players.

We are looking up, not down. We are going to City for a point and we want a result against Chelsea. We don't want to lose against Bournemouth and we want to do our business early so we can go into the last 2 games trying to get as far up the table as possible.

We are better than Everton, we are better than Watford, Brighton and the 2 behind us. And we are mentally strong and ready for the run in.

Keep that scoreboard ticking over.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Forget the teams below us... on 11:02 - Apr 15 with 6288 viewsjackal

Personally I'd bite your hand off for 17th.

Just keep playing as we did yesterday and we'll be fine.
Forget the teams below us... on 11:06 - Apr 15 with 6277 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Great Pep Talk.
Forget the teams below us... on 11:08 - Apr 15 with 6261 viewsdickythorpe

Let's just concern ourselves with US!!!!

We'd never have expected to be 5 points ahead of the drop zone at Xmas.

The Jack Army is lifting the team!

Cracking atmosphere yesterday
Forget the teams below us... on 11:29 - Apr 15 with 6202 viewsSPboy

For two seasons running I seriously believed that we were going down based on our form & league position at Christmas. To be 5 points above the relegation zone at this stage is almost unbelievable even if we are in 17th place.

The way things are looking I don’t see us upsetting Man City’s party. To get anything from Chelsea or Bournemouth would be most welcome.

The Bournemouth game concerns me. Our away form has been poor, only scoring 11 goals away from home all season. Bournemouth always seem to pick us apart in exactly the same we that we did to others under Rodgers & Laudrup. Our mentality & tactics away from home have been pretty dour under CC just as it was under Clement.

Looking up the table I see teams not as good as us based on our recent home performances. At this stage of the season the table doesn’t lie. At least 3 of our 5 games are at home. Our future is in our hands unlike this stage last season when we had to rely on Hull to slip up.

It is the Swansea way do things the hard way. I fully expect us to have to win or not lose the last game of the season v Stoke to stay up, anything else would be a bonus for me
Forget the teams below us... on 11:48 - Apr 15 with 6133 viewslonglostjack

With a bit of luck title will all be sorted and Man City will be suffering from a hangover by the time we play them. Man Utd will be fielding the reserves against Bournemouth with a cup semi-final 3 days later so if West Brom don't get anything Bournemouth may well do.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 11:57]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Forget the teams below us... on 11:56 - Apr 15 with 6106 viewsbuilthjack

Brighton will be lucky to get another point, as long as teams turn up against them.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Forget the teams below us... on 12:15 - Apr 15 with 6040 viewspencoedjack

Those ‘fantastic Everton’ got right behind their team yesterday Chris

All I heard was

Allardyce out & how shite must you be we’re winning away
Forget the teams below us... on 12:21 - Apr 15 with 6012 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 12:15 - Apr 15 by pencoedjack

Those ‘fantastic Everton’ got right behind their team yesterday Chris

All I heard was

Allardyce out & how shite must you be we’re winning away

True, they are in one hell of a mess.

That's what signing a One Trick Pony does to you.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

Forget the teams below us... on 12:33 - Apr 15 with 5975 viewspencoedjack

Forget the teams below us... on 12:21 - Apr 15 by TheResurrection

True, they are in one hell of a mess.

That's what signing a One Trick Pony does to you.

I thought you’d say that
Forget the teams below us... on 12:36 - Apr 15 with 5963 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 12:33 - Apr 15 by pencoedjack

I thought you’d say that

Dont like to let anyone down Marky mate ;-)

Forget the teams below us... on 12:53 - Apr 15 with 5897 viewsmonmouth

Buying a one trick pony without also buying the wardrobe that was actually the basis of the trick. Now that's dumb.

Only joking icyball worshippers. I thought he was great for us in a lower bottom half relegation scrap team player sort of way. Please don't give me another lecture about how we'd be in the conference now without him.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Forget the teams below us... on 13:17 - Apr 15 with 5819 viewsAl_Bundy

Not sure how the OP thinks we are better than Brighton !?
Forget the teams below us... on 13:20 - Apr 15 with 5810 viewsjack247

Can’t really agree with the OP, though I’m loving the positivity.

Of course we can catch the likes of Brighton and Huddersfield, but if we finish above them, we’ll finish above Saints and Stoke anyway. Those two would have done really well if they finish where Brighton are now. Another win and we’ll be fine, we’ve got 5 games to find it.
Forget the teams below us... on 13:23 - Apr 15 with 5797 viewsMoscowJack

Brighton have Spurs (h), high flying Burnley (a), Man U (h), Citeh (a)and Liverpool (a) to come. They'll do well to pick up 3 points if teams they play aren't distracted by cup finals, etc.

Huddersfield have Everton (h), Citeh (a), Chelsea (a) and Arsenal (h) to come. The way Everton are playing, they could beat them, but the last 3 are very tough.

One win for either and they're safe, in my opinion.

What gives me more hope than anything else though, is the performance yesterday. If we still have that confidence and determination by the time we play Bournemouth, Southampton and Stoke, we'll be more than safe.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Forget the teams below us... on 13:46 - Apr 15 with 5723 viewsDippy

Yeah okay Chris.. it's all in our hands.. you didn't have to post a book for people to look at you.

Anyone read it in a slow ponderous drone?..

Poll: Cooper Out

Forget the teams below us... on 13:58 - Apr 15 with 5687 viewspencoedjack

Forget the teams below us... on 13:17 - Apr 15 by Al_Bundy

Not sure how the OP thinks we are better than Brighton !?

I think we are better than Brighton & we will finish above them
Forget the teams below us... on 18:43 - Apr 15 with 5447 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 13:46 - Apr 15 by Dippy

Yeah okay Chris.. it's all in our hands.. you didn't have to post a book for people to look at you.

Anyone read it in a slow ponderous drone?..

You don't have to post the same vomit every time you post either you Dipstick but you do...

Forget the teams below us... on 18:51 - Apr 15 with 5407 viewsDippy

Forget the teams below us... on 18:43 - Apr 15 by TheResurrection

You don't have to post the same vomit every time you post either you Dipstick but you do...

At least I don't think I'm a god every time i put my two pence worth in.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 18:51]

Forget the teams below us... on 18:53 - Apr 15 with 5405 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 18:51 - Apr 15 by Dippy

What do you think you are?

Forget the teams below us... on 18:59 - Apr 15 with 5378 viewsjack247

Forget the teams below us... on 18:51 - Apr 15 by Dippy

You’re the most up your own arse poster we’ve ever had on here. And that’s quite an achievement.
Forget the teams below us... on 18:59 - Apr 15 with 5375 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 13:20 - Apr 15 by jack247

Can’t really agree with the OP, though I’m loving the positivity.

Of course we can catch the likes of Brighton and Huddersfield, but if we finish above them, we’ll finish above Saints and Stoke anyway. Those two would have done really well if they finish where Brighton are now. Another win and we’ll be fine, we’ve got 5 games to find it.

Can't agree with it? What are you on about? If we start adopting a mentality of looking over our shoulder we're looking backwards.

We need to strongly target at least 4 teams ahead of us and make sure we finish above at least two of them.

It really isn't difficult to understand

Forget the teams below us... on 19:03 - Apr 15 with 5348 viewsDippy

Forget the teams below us... on 18:59 - Apr 15 by jack247

You’re the most up your own arse poster we’ve ever had on here. And that’s quite an achievement.

How so?.. because I've proven to the best in the world I'm not a monkey?.. I'm not up my own a*se.. I'm just pointing out facts.

At least I don't lie.. and think I'm something I'm not.. which average people do consistently.

Forget the teams below us... on 19:10 - Apr 15 with 5320 viewsjack247

Forget the teams below us... on 18:59 - Apr 15 by TheResurrection

Can't agree with it? What are you on about? If we start adopting a mentality of looking over our shoulder we're looking backwards.

We need to strongly target at least 4 teams ahead of us and make sure we finish above at least two of them.

It really isn't difficult to understand

I can’t agree with it because all we need to do is finish outside of the bottom three. If we finish above Brighton, then great, but if we do that we will have finished above the current bottom three anyway.

The difference between finishing 15th and 17th doesn’t overly bother me.
Forget the teams below us... on 19:15 - Apr 15 with 5295 viewsDippy

Forget the teams below us... on 18:53 - Apr 15 by TheResurrection

What do you think you are?

Reasonable.. reality based.. I don't think I'm greater than what I am.

Forget the teams below us... on 19:16 - Apr 15 with 5295 viewsjack247

Forget the teams below us... on 19:03 - Apr 15 by Dippy

How so?.. because I've proven to the best in the world I'm not a monkey?.. I'm not up my own a*se.. I'm just pointing out facts.

At least I don't lie.. and think I'm something I'm not.. which average people do consistently.

Because you attempt to condescend and patronise near enough everyone who disagrees with you. You rarely get far with your limited football understanding, so you twist discussions into everyone being ‘inferior’ to you in some way or another. It’s sad to see.

Before you point it out, I’m aware I’m patronising you. I very rarely speak to anyone like this, but it’s a tone you adopt in almost every thread.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024