Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forget the teams below us... 10:46 - Apr 15 with 20176 viewsTheResurrection

We need to be targeting Brighton and Watford above.

We can all hope that Stoke and Southampton continue their struggles and there's clearly a lack of quality in their squads. They've only won 6 and 5 games all season. For them to have any realistic chance at survival they are going to need to win at least half their existing tally's to date. And this from their 5 games remaining.

This could happen, anything still can. And that's how they will be looking at us. Their message boards are depressing now, much worse even than this one. They know they have to go on a Champions winning run to even have a squeak, and then they're looking at other clubs to help them out.

Nobody would swap places with them, no matter how much you squeal on here.

However, we need to turn this pressure on its head and look at climbing the table. Great the teams behind us are struggling but let's make sure we bring more into the equation just in case.

Watford and Brighton sit 12th and 13th respectively and Watford have 1 point from the last 5 games, and like last season, are in free-fall. They have 4 games left including Spurs, Man United and Palace. Brighton have picked up 1 point in the last 4 games and are feeling the strain and as we know have a horrendous run in. What they would give for 3 games against Bournemouth, Stoke and Southampton, with 2 of them at home.

This is the reality of our situation and you can bet all you want on what Carlos will be drumming into our players.

We are looking up, not down. We are going to City for a point and we want a result against Chelsea. We don't want to lose against Bournemouth and we want to do our business early so we can go into the last 2 games trying to get as far up the table as possible.

We are better than Everton, we are better than Watford, Brighton and the 2 behind us. And we are mentally strong and ready for the run in.

Keep that scoreboard ticking over.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Forget the teams below us... on 07:12 - Apr 16 with 2093 viewsjackal

Forget the teams below us... on 20:56 - Apr 15 by jack247

I’m not sure if it’s a parody account or not, but if it’s genuine the guy has issues

Just a warped little boy trying to get his kicks by winding up the grown-ups.

Ignore is best.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 9:53]
Forget the teams below us... on 09:35 - Apr 16 with 2002 viewsSTID2017

Forget the teams below us... on 20:50 - Apr 15 by TheResurrection

We are better than them and the table does lie. Although it's told the truth since late December, go and check where we sit in the Truth table

We should never have been in this trouble, that's all down to Clement.

You keep freaking on all you like Marky, you and the Dipstick, I'm going to hope the rest of us are looking forward to climbing the table to safety

"We should never have been in this trouble, that's all down to Clement. "
Would that be the same Clement that you said Jenkins was right to wait until December before sacking, when the rest of us were calling for him to be sacked from the WHU away game onwards ?
Hate to break this to you but the league table doesn't lie.
The only team in a false position IMO is Huddersfield.
The rest are better than us because when push came to shove they have got the results that mattered - that is why they are above us

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Forget the teams below us... on 09:58 - Apr 16 with 1987 viewsDr_Winston

There's not much doubt in my mind that Clement's overly negative attitude resulted in us losing a number of points early in the season against beatable teams. Timid home defeats to Newcastle, Watford, Brighton and Leicester alone cost us dearly. Just two wins out of those four would see us currently on 39 points and in eleventh place.

If we have players capable of beating Arsenal and Liverpool at home then we have players capable of beating the four teams mentioned. All we lacked at the time was the will from management to go out and do it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Forget the teams below us... on 10:05 - Apr 16 with 1972 viewsjack247

Forget the teams below us... on 07:12 - Apr 16 by jackal

Just a warped little boy trying to get his kicks by winding up the grown-ups.

Ignore is best.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 9:53]

He’s on ignore. He’s the first person I’ve put on it. I prefer amicable football chat, I don’t mind an argument if it goes that way but I’m not going to get into another one with someone that fragile.
Forget the teams below us... on 10:09 - Apr 16 with 1960 viewsjack247

Forget the teams below us... on 09:58 - Apr 16 by Dr_Winston

There's not much doubt in my mind that Clement's overly negative attitude resulted in us losing a number of points early in the season against beatable teams. Timid home defeats to Newcastle, Watford, Brighton and Leicester alone cost us dearly. Just two wins out of those four would see us currently on 39 points and in eleventh place.

If we have players capable of beating Arsenal and Liverpool at home then we have players capable of beating the four teams mentioned. All we lacked at the time was the will from management to go out and do it.

Absolutely agree.

He was very effective with Siggy and Llorente and a rudimentary game plan. He was exposed without them and couldn’t construct an attack.

The table doesn’t lie over a season, but if we’d sacked him sooner we’d be higher up it.
Forget the teams below us... on 10:13 - Apr 16 with 1950 viewsSTID2017

Forget the teams below us... on 09:58 - Apr 16 by Dr_Winston

I agree about Clement - as I say after WHU away, I'd seen enough to convince me he wasn't the right man for the job.
Why the Yanks and HJ couldn't see it I'll never know

Forget the teams below us... on 10:15 - Apr 16 with 1953 viewsDr_Winston

Forget the teams below us... on 10:09 - Apr 16 by jack247

Absolutely agree.

He was very effective with Siggy and Llorente and a rudimentary game plan. He was exposed without them and couldn’t construct an attack.

The table doesn’t lie over a season, but if we’d sacked him sooner we’d be higher up it.

For further evidence of that look at our losing streak towards the end of last season when Llorente was out injured. It's absolutely no coincidence that results nosedived when he was out and started picking up again when he returned. Making sure we're not in the same boat every time Jordan Ayew is unavailable is our biggest task this summer.

Clement is a fine assistant coach, and the defensive grit he added to the set piece axis of Sigurdsson and Llorente certainly kept us up last year, but as you say, without them he was lost. He just doesn't have those strings to his bow as a manager.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Forget the teams below us... on 10:17 - Apr 16 with 1949 viewsDr_Winston

Forget the teams below us... on 10:13 - Apr 16 by STID2017

I agree about Clement - as I say after WHU away, I'd seen enough to convince me he wasn't the right man for the job.
Why the Yanks and HJ couldn't see it I'll never know

They probably could see it. Just hoped not to have to make the change after f*cking up so many managerial decisions in recent years.

Login to get fewer ads

Forget the teams below us... on 10:35 - Apr 16 with 1898 viewsDippy

I'm the little boy?.. I don't use vulgar insinuations, or have female tantrums.. or have the educational deficiency to understand concepts that outreach the average mental capacity.

But keep on arguing.. I'll make you look ordinary, time and time again.

Poll: Cooper Out

Forget the teams below us... on 10:38 - Apr 16 with 1915 viewsmonmouth

Forget the teams below us... on 10:15 - Apr 16 by Dr_Winston

For further evidence of that look at our losing streak towards the end of last season when Llorente was out injured. It's absolutely no coincidence that results nosedived when he was out and started picking up again when he returned. Making sure we're not in the same boat every time Jordan Ayew is unavailable is our biggest task this summer.

Clement is a fine assistant coach, and the defensive grit he added to the set piece axis of Sigurdsson and Llorente certainly kept us up last year, but as you say, without them he was lost. He just doesn't have those strings to his bow as a manager.

His after match comments since he took the Reading job have been all about shape and discipline. He was even 'satisfied' with a 1-0 defeat at Fulham.

Those four matches you mentioned were criminal. As was away at Arsenal actually where they were right off it and ripe for plunder.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Forget the teams below us... on 10:40 - Apr 16 with 1892 viewsDippy

If you can actually read how average you are..

Dr.Winston - believes we are a top 2 championship side, because we beat Wolves in a one off game.

Jack247 - believes Montero can beat a man, but thinks our 3 wingers are better because they can't beat a man, and are all round superior wingers because they go backwards and not forwards..

But if you use baby logic.. if you go forwards you will invariably go forward.. if you go backwards you'll most definitely go backwards

Have you guys left nursery yet? Or the womb even?

It's all here to read.

Forget the teams below us... on 10:47 - Apr 16 with 1905 viewsDr_Winston

Forget the teams below us... on 10:38 - Apr 16 by monmouth

His after match comments since he took the Reading job have been all about shape and discipline. He was even 'satisfied' with a 1-0 defeat at Fulham.

Those four matches you mentioned were criminal. As was away at Arsenal actually where they were right off it and ripe for plunder.

Seriously?

Then he's learned nothing.

Forget the teams below us... on 11:00 - Apr 16 with 1864 viewsDippy

Forget the teams below us... on 10:47 - Apr 16 by Dr_Winston

Seriously?

Then he's learned nothing.

It's what happens when average people work with World Class people..

They think they're World Class without actually proving it themselves..

It's going right throughout the country.. you've proven nothing to the world.. yet talk as if you've been there, seen it and done it.

You're only as good as your last game anyway.. but I'll leave that discussion for another day.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 12:07]

Forget the teams below us... on 11:29 - Apr 16 with 1841 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 09:35 - Apr 16 by STID2017

"We should never have been in this trouble, that's all down to Clement. "
Would that be the same Clement that you said Jenkins was right to wait until December before sacking, when the rest of us were calling for him to be sacked from the WHU away game onwards ?
Hate to break this to you but the league table doesn't lie.
The only team in a false position IMO is Huddersfield.
The rest are better than us because when push came to shove they have got the results that mattered - that is why they are above us

Dear Thicko,

No, it's not. I was begging for his dismissal, along with about 90% of other fans.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Forget the teams below us... on 11:36 - Apr 16 with 1823 viewsSTID2017

Forget the teams below us... on 11:29 - Apr 16 by TheResurrection

Dear Thicko,

No, it's not. I was begging for his dismissal, along with about 90% of other fans.

Yet you defend HJ, who was responsible for keeping him on?
How do you work out that balance in your sad deluded world ?

Forget the teams below us... on 12:09 - Apr 16 with 1801 viewsFireboy2

Forget the teams below us... on 11:29 - Apr 16 by TheResurrection

Dear Thicko,

Was there any need for name calling

No wonder you are disliked by some people on this forum
Forget the teams below us... on 12:23 - Apr 16 with 1777 viewsthornabyswan

Forget the teams below us... on 11:36 - Apr 16 by STID2017

The Americans will have had the final.say not Jenkins.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Forget the teams below us... on 12:41 - Apr 16 with 1756 viewsSTID2017

Forget the teams below us... on 12:23 - Apr 16 by thornabyswan

Fair enough. At least that's an answer.

Forget the teams below us... on 12:42 - Apr 16 with 1759 viewsNeathJack

Forget the teams below us... on 12:23 - Apr 16 by thornabyswan

Which in itself of course, is Jenkins fault.

Let's not forget that.
Forget the teams below us... on 12:43 - Apr 16 with 1756 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 10:35 - Apr 16 by Dippy

I'm the little boy?.. I don't use vulgar insinuations, or have female tantrums.. or have the educational deficiency to understand concepts that outreach the average mental capacity.

But keep on arguing.. I'll make you look ordinary, time and time again.

""or have the educational deficiency to understand concepts that outreach the average mental capacity. ""

You need to start with this sentence, Einstein, or maybe articulating your Bullshit correctly is beneath your super powers.

Forget the teams below us... on 12:45 - Apr 16 with 1750 viewsthornabyswan

Forget the teams below us... on 12:42 - Apr 16 by NeathJack

Which in itself of course, is Jenkins fault.

Let's not forget that.

It is yes along with Martin Morgan Dineen Davies and the rest.
Not sticking up for Jenkins but not sure why he gets singled out when Morgan and Davies were just as bad.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Forget the teams below us... on 12:46 - Apr 16 with 1748 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 11:36 - Apr 16 by STID2017

For theumpteenth time, Jenkins wanted him gone weeks before he did. Now I know you know this as I've mentioned it a hundred times before, so if you've got some stupid vvank point to make just spit it out you old, odious fackwit.

Forget the teams below us... on 12:48 - Apr 16 with 1744 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 12:09 - Apr 16 by Fireboy2

Was there any need for name calling

No wonder you are disliked by some people on this forum

Mate. I couldn't give a shit what some people on this forum of clowns think. Not a jot.

Forget the teams below us... on 12:49 - Apr 16 with 1741 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 12:41 - Apr 16 by STID2017

Fair enough. At least that's an answer.

An answer I've given you a million times before.

Forget the teams below us... on 12:58 - Apr 16 with 1720 viewsvetchonian

Forget the teams below us... on 12:45 - Apr 16 by thornabyswan

It is yes along with Martin Morgan Dineen Davies and the rest.
Not sticking up for Jenkins but not sure why he gets singled out when Morgan and Davies were just as bad.

Alledgedly Morgan and Katzen met with the Trust to discuss the option of some Chinese investors as oopposed to the sellout we ended up favoured by HJ and DIneen..all hearsay whihc Is why possibly HJ gets most of the flak.

It was rumoured the Chinese are those who are involved with the SA1 developemnts with UWTSD so given MM's own investments around SA1 and the Marina he would know them.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024