Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forget the teams below us... 10:46 - Apr 15 with 20137 viewsTheResurrection

We need to be targeting Brighton and Watford above.

We can all hope that Stoke and Southampton continue their struggles and there's clearly a lack of quality in their squads. They've only won 6 and 5 games all season. For them to have any realistic chance at survival they are going to need to win at least half their existing tally's to date. And this from their 5 games remaining.

This could happen, anything still can. And that's how they will be looking at us. Their message boards are depressing now, much worse even than this one. They know they have to go on a Champions winning run to even have a squeak, and then they're looking at other clubs to help them out.

Nobody would swap places with them, no matter how much you squeal on here.

However, we need to turn this pressure on its head and look at climbing the table. Great the teams behind us are struggling but let's make sure we bring more into the equation just in case.

Watford and Brighton sit 12th and 13th respectively and Watford have 1 point from the last 5 games, and like last season, are in free-fall. They have 4 games left including Spurs, Man United and Palace. Brighton have picked up 1 point in the last 4 games and are feeling the strain and as we know have a horrendous run in. What they would give for 3 games against Bournemouth, Stoke and Southampton, with 2 of them at home.

This is the reality of our situation and you can bet all you want on what Carlos will be drumming into our players.

We are looking up, not down. We are going to City for a point and we want a result against Chelsea. We don't want to lose against Bournemouth and we want to do our business early so we can go into the last 2 games trying to get as far up the table as possible.

We are better than Everton, we are better than Watford, Brighton and the 2 behind us. And we are mentally strong and ready for the run in.

Keep that scoreboard ticking over.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Forget the teams below us... on 10:16 - Apr 29 with 3354 viewsJackfath

Forget the teams below us... on 10:11 - Apr 29 by TheResurrection

Palace won't think they're safe next week, they'll want to make sure of it.

Unfortunately though, so will Bournemouth but they must be in a dodgy run of form as well.

Just checked, 1 win in ten.

Morning Chrissy. You ok hun? Never good to get a battering from several posters like you did last night.

Keep up the good work.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Forget the teams below us... on 10:27 - Apr 29 with 3300 viewsmagicdaps10

Forget the teams below us... on 10:16 - Apr 29 by Jackfath

Morning Chrissy. You ok hun? Never good to get a battering from several posters like you did last night.

Keep up the good work.

Im starting to like you Fath.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Forget the teams below us... on 10:37 - Apr 29 with 3287 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 10:16 - Apr 29 by Captain_Sham

Hudds is likely to be an out route for us. I can see Soton finishing above us AND us still staying up. A win next week (however unlikely) will mean we can lose to Soton and stay up. The 1st two times I watched Bmuff this season they were ghastly. They are home though so I'm not expecting much. We are going to have to win one of our home games in all likelihood. I also believe that we stay up on GD. Yikes.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2018 10:23]

We really need to take advantage of their poxy, 10k stadium and not have any fear going there.

I've just looked at the fixture's again and there's two or three teams we could be targeting above us, and especially with something at Bournemouth.

We do need to win at least one more game though. But that was always the case.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Forget the teams below us... on 10:39 - Apr 29 with 3280 viewsTheResurrection

Keep up the good work.

I'm very good Matthew Reesy.

And I'll have to take your word for it. I'm sure you've had quite the many hammerings.

Forget the teams below us... on 10:58 - Apr 29 with 3247 viewsDarran

Keep up the good work.

He’s never ok he’s a nasty child that makes jokes about mental health, body shames overweight people and abuses posters when he can’t get his own way.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Forget the teams below us... on 11:03 - Apr 29 with 3230 viewsBillyChong

Went to little old Bournemouth last season. We were awful. Our tremendously backed squad meant Fer played fullback.
Forget the teams below us... on 11:58 - Apr 29 with 3171 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 10:58 - Apr 29 by Darran

He’s never ok he’s a nasty child that makes jokes about mental health, body shames overweight people and abuses posters when he can’t get his own way.

What you did to the Austin family pales all that into a tiny insignificance.

That whole family and their close friends purely hate your cheap ass guts now.

Disgusting human being
[Post edited 29 Apr 2018 12:01]

Forget the teams below us... on 22:32 - Apr 29 with 2997 viewsDippy

"We are better than Everton, we are better than Watford, Brighton and the 2 behind us. And we are mentally strong and ready for the run in."

3 games left, 1 point above the drop.. below Everton, Watford and Brighton. Haven't won in 6 or 7 games?

Fair play.. we are coasting this league.

Does he genuinely mean this stuff?.. or does he attempt to be a t*t.. don't say both.. it's cheating.

Poll: Cooper Out

Login to get fewer ads

Forget the teams below us... on 10:36 - Apr 30 with 2891 viewsSTID2017

Forget the teams below us... on 22:32 - Apr 29 by Dippy

"We are better than Everton, we are better than Watford, Brighton and the 2 behind us. And we are mentally strong and ready for the run in."

3 games left, 1 point above the drop.. below Everton, Watford and Brighton. Haven't won in 6 or 7 games?

Does he genuinely mean this stuff?.. or does he attempt to be a t*t.. don't say both.. it's cheating.

He's overly optimistic - nothing wrong with that.
It's been a let down for me regarding Swans many's the time - goes with the territory.
Chris's problem is that when others offer a different view, he doesn't accept that other viewpoints are permissible.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Forget the teams below us... on 14:38 - Apr 30 with 2850 viewsPhil_S

Forget the teams below us... on 21:46 - Apr 28 by STID2017

So Huddersfield lose the rest of their games and finish on 35
Stoke win all their games and finish on 36
Soton win all their games and finish on 41
We fail to beat Bournemouth and even if we draw,, based on worst case scenario, above, we end up on 34 and are relegated.
Personally I cannot see that happening, but if today showed anything, it's clear we cannot afford to forget the teams below us.
In an ideal world, we'll win all three and everyone's happy.
However when did Swans ever do things the easy way ?

We can afford to forget about the teams below us based on the simple fact that if we win all three games then we cannot be relegated

For me we just need to beat Southampton
Forget the teams below us... on 14:42 - Apr 30 with 2838 viewsQJumpingJack

Agree.
Although I think from mental standpoint, we mustn't lose to Bournemouth.
If we can get a draw, that should give us the confidence to beat Southampton.
If we lose (and lose badly) on Saturday, we are in trouble - the players may well be beaten in the warm up vs Southampton.....
Forget the teams below us... on 14:47 - Apr 30 with 2829 viewsPhil_S

Forget the teams below us... on 14:42 - Apr 30 by QJumpingJack

Agree.
Although I think from mental standpoint, we mustn't lose to Bournemouth.
If we can get a draw, that should give us the confidence to beat Southampton.
If we lose (and lose badly) on Saturday, we are in trouble - the players may well be beaten in the warm up vs Southampton.....

Yes agreed it would be a huge mental positive to get at least a point

And quite possibility a disadvantage if we lost and definitely (obviously) so if Southampton moved above us
Forget the teams below us... on 17:28 - Apr 30 with 2757 viewsLeonWasGod

Forget the teams below us... on 14:38 - Apr 30 by Phil_S

We can afford to forget about the teams below us based on the simple fact that if we win all three games then we cannot be relegated

For me we just need to beat Southampton

That's obviusly true. But as a fan why would you want to forget about them? Half the fun is in looking at the table and trying to dream up every possible scenrio that sees us surviving by the skin of out teeth. It's fascinating that teams below us have picked up points; it build the tesnion and excitement. Behind the sofa stuff, but fascinating nonetheless.

Think you're right about just beating S'ton. Although if Uddersfield don't pick up another point I think we can get by on just 2 draws. Or maybe even 1 draw against S'ton would do it, as if stoke beat us but lose their other match they can't go above us. But then it just comes down to how S'ton do in their other two matches.
Forget the teams below us... on 20:23 - Apr 30 with 2696 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Forget the teams below us... on 09:09 - Apr 29 by TheResurrection

Can the mental health police batter this prick? Fairs fair.

Oooooohhh !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Forget the teams below us... on 20:30 - Apr 30 with 2688 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Forget the teams below us... on 22:32 - Apr 29 by Dippy

No. He was all anti Huw and the board and went to have it out with Leigh Dineen at a neutral coffee shop of their choice. Ever since then it's like he's had an epiphany, a total about turn . Huw is fabulous and is running the club superbly.

We won't go down, nobody should slag the players off they're brilliant (unlike Fernando "the Wardrobe" Llorente).

Dineen must be a good hypnotist. Or ventriloquist.

Forget the teams below us... on 00:37 - May 1 with 2591 viewsTheResurrection

Forget the teams below us... on 20:30 - Apr 30 by Brynmill_Jack

No. He was all anti Huw and the board and went to have it out with Leigh Dineen at a neutral coffee shop of their choice. Ever since then it's like he's had an epiphany, a total about turn . Huw is fabulous and is running the club superbly.

We won't go down, nobody should slag the players off they're brilliant (unlike Fernando "the Wardrobe" Llorente).

Dineen must be a good hypnotist. Or ventriloquist.

Haven't you got a link to pop up here, preferably within the last two years??..

Stop drinking Rudolph

Forget the teams below us... on 07:37 - May 6 with 2406 viewsSTID2017

Oh dear.
One of the teams that were below us nnow aren't, whilst in theory WBA could also finish above us.
Meanwhile everyyone above WHU are safe, while we still have two games left.
We have to go for the jugular these next two games.
COYS

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Forget the teams below us... on 07:41 - May 6 with 2393 viewsSwansNZ

Are we still targeting Brighton and Watford?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Forget the teams below us... on 08:13 - May 6 with 2354 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Forget the teams below us... on 07:41 - May 6 by SwansNZ

Are we still targeting Brighton and Watford?

Maybe in the cup , next season

Forget the teams below us... on 08:31 - May 6 with 2320 viewsSwansNZ

Forget the teams below us... on 08:13 - May 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Maybe in the cup , next season

Great. We can be giant killers

Forget the teams below us... on 09:42 - May 6 with 2266 viewsmagicdaps10

Another of many classics from Res.

Will he ever put his hands up!?!

Forget the teams below us... on 09:45 - May 6 with 2257 viewsDarran

This thread sums up how fuçking thick the bloke is.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Forget the teams below us... on 09:47 - May 6 with 2243 viewsSwansNZ

Forget the teams below us... on 09:42 - May 6 by magicdaps10

Another of many classics from Res.

Will he ever put his hands up!?!

Up there with the free flowing attacking football we'd see, by selling Gylfi and Llorente

Forget the teams below us... on 09:49 - May 6 with 2237 viewsBloodyhills

We always just needed to concentrate on the teams we were going to be playing and as some of them are below us, forgetting about them was never an option that the manager and players could take.

Talking of which, lets hope they are well up for it against Southampton.
A win should see us safe.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Forget the teams below us... on 10:44 - May 6 with 2180 viewsmagicdaps10

Forget the teams below us... on 09:45 - May 6 by Darran

This thread sums up how fuçking thick the bloke is.

Absolutely no need for that comment Darren, totally unfair on thick people to compare Res to them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024