Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Levien & Kaplan At the Game Saturday 10:19 - Apr 16 with 2055 viewsSTID2017

Saw them there.
I wondered if they were ready to discuss terms with Carlos had he kept us up ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Levien & Kaplan At the Game Saturday on 14:42 - Apr 16 with 1844 viewsSmellyplumz

Fűcking parasites

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Levien & Kaplan At the Game Saturday on 17:21 - Apr 16 with 1683 viewsWhiterockin

Carlos Carvalhal is doing a good job in trying to keep us up, but I'm not sure he is the long term answer. Would we just be repeating the scenario of the last couple of seasons.

I wait to get crucified.
Levien & Kaplan At the Game Saturday on 17:33 - Apr 16 with 1659 viewsDafyddHuw

If we go down I reckon Garry Richards & Cameron Toshack would be a perfect management team.
Bring in some of the lads alongside whoever stays and a couple of modest signings.
Levien & Kaplan At the Game Saturday on 17:41 - Apr 16 with 1643 viewsvetchonian

Levien & Kaplan At the Game Saturday on 17:21 - Apr 16 by Whiterockin

Carlos Carvalhal is doing a good job in trying to keep us up, but I'm not sure he is the long term answer. Would we just be repeating the scenario of the last couple of seasons.

I wait to get crucified.

I am not sure we would know what is the long term answer.
We are at a point where we need to rebuild...as has been repeated this is the third succesive season we find ourselves in the relegation battle ....hopefully we will survive yet again.BUT this summer the club seriously needs to strengthen the squad. Carlos does have a track record of success albeit in the cham pionship with Sheffield Wedneday laeding them to the play offs with some "good" football. In reality the average life of a good manager for us since Kenny Jackett has been 2 years so if Carlos can keep us up and "reshape" us given the right tools to make us competeive again then I will be happy.
Who else should we be looking at? Is the long term answer to delvelop Cameron Toshack and also bring through some of the U23s?....That should have been this clubs vision. Taking the philosphy and style introduced by Roberto,honed and tinkered by Sousa,Brendan and Laudrup developing the acadamy and development sided so produce players who could play this way with the "clever" additions we seemed to have picked up along the way whilst developing a manager from within who adhered to this.
There is no need for me to gon as we know what happened .
For the future who knows..but lets get PL status secured then badger the board this summer!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Levien & Kaplan At the Game Saturday on 19:26 - Apr 16 with 1503 viewscmajack

Levien & Kaplan At the Game Saturday on 17:21 - Apr 16 by Whiterockin

I wait to get crucified.

I for one won't be crucifying you. When guidolin kept us up he should have been given his money with our thanks and moved on. Everyone was expecting rodgers to get the job that summer but for whatever reason guidolin was kept on.If the owners thought carvahal was the best man for the job long term then kept on he should be. On the other hand if they had someone else in mind but he wasn't available at the time of carvahals appointment then they must think again.
Levien & Kaplan At the Game Saturday on 20:47 - Apr 16 with 1405 viewsKilkennyjack

Levien & Kaplan At the Game Saturday on 17:41 - Apr 16 by vetchonian

I am not sure we would know what is the long term answer.
We are at a point where we need to rebuild...as has been repeated this is the third succesive season we find ourselves in the relegation battle ....hopefully we will survive yet again.BUT this summer the club seriously needs to strengthen the squad. Carlos does have a track record of success albeit in the cham pionship with Sheffield Wedneday laeding them to the play offs with some "good" football. In reality the average life of a good manager for us since Kenny Jackett has been 2 years so if Carlos can keep us up and "reshape" us given the right tools to make us competeive again then I will be happy.
Who else should we be looking at? Is the long term answer to delvelop Cameron Toshack and also bring through some of the U23s?....That should have been this clubs vision. Taking the philosphy and style introduced by Roberto,honed and tinkered by Sousa,Brendan and Laudrup developing the acadamy and development sided so produce players who could play this way with the "clever" additions we seemed to have picked up along the way whilst developing a manager from within who adhered to this.
There is no need for me to gon as we know what happened .
For the future who knows..but lets get PL status secured then badger the board this summer!

Yes.

The academy investment has been huge, and its gone ‘missing in action’.
Connor Roberts is our first meaningful player since Ben, and - even then - the club repeatedly picked Shepherd instead of Connor at right back for a number of seasons.

I think young Tosh needs to be successful at senior level elsewhere, rather than go from age group level coaching. Its a different animal.

You are correct.

Beware of the Risen People

Levien & Kaplan At the Game Saturday on 22:56 - Apr 16 with 1266 viewsmajorraglan

Levien & Kaplan At the Game Saturday on 19:26 - Apr 16 by cmajack

I for one won't be crucifying you. When guidolin kept us up he should have been given his money with our thanks and moved on. Everyone was expecting rodgers to get the job that summer but for whatever reason guidolin was kept on.If the owners thought carvahal was the best man for the job long term then kept on he should be. On the other hand if they had someone else in mind but he wasn't available at the time of carvahals appointment then they must think again.

Guidolin was kept on after saving the club’s bacon and a number of tidy performances including taking West Ham apart at the end of the season. The talk was that BR was approached about coming back, but turned the gig down, whether that is right or wrong I don’t know, it may come out in someone’s biography one day who knows.

Personally, I think Guidolin was a tidy manager who had a history of doing ok with clubs of Swansea’s stature in Italy and I think he could have done a job in Swansea, but that’s something that’s been done to death. For me, the mistake the club made was giving FG the job and not backing him, they should have either let him go and brought someone else in, or given him the job and backed him. It’s the same with CC now, if they want him then appoint him and back him, if they don’t fancy him, appoint a new manager and back that person. There’s a rebuilding job to be done whether it’s in the PL or Championship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024