Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Windrush 14:34 - Apr 16 with 22559 viewslondonlisa2001

What an absolutely sickening episode in the life of this country the current issue with the so-called Windrush children is.

These people arrived here as kids, their parents answering a call for help, they've lived here for 50 years, worked, paid taxes and national insurance, brought up their own families, and are now being deported or threatened.

It is shameful.
Windrush on 17:52 - Apr 16 with 3431 viewsFieryJack

Windrush on 17:07 - Apr 16 by Dippy

Iraq and Afghanistan.. I'm pretty sure people got killed who didn't follow the "let's kill everyone in the West rhetoric"..

Unless I'm living in some parallel universe.. where everyone was the enemy.

People died, who didn't deserve to die.. there's soldiers out there who wish they never even took part.

You can't really blame the soldiers in all honesty.. the enemy were having training camps of 11 year olds on how to wield grenades and blow themselves up.

I owe you an apology Dippy.

Completely misunderstood your first post.

And agree with the sentiments of your last one.
Windrush on 18:00 - Apr 16 with 3416 viewsHighjack

It is an absolute joke that good people are being kicked out whilst scumbags like the ones who went to fight for Isis are welcomed back in with open arms no questions asked.

Wtf is wrong with these idiots?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Windrush on 20:29 - Apr 16 with 3349 viewsmajorraglan

Truly shocking state of affairs. There’s plenty of people out there who should or deserve to be deported, instead they are going after people who have lived in this country for 50 years, made contributions to society and have family here. What on earth is going on.

Edit typo
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 22:11]
Windrush on 20:35 - Apr 16 with 3339 viewsKilkennyjack

Windrush on 20:29 - Apr 16 by majorraglan

Truly shocking state of affairs. There’s plenty of people out there who should or deserve to be deported, instead they are going after people who have lived in this country for 50 years, made contributions to society and have family here. What on earth is going on.

Edit typo
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 22:11]

👏 great post.

Beware of the Risen People

Windrush on 20:41 - Apr 16 with 3330 viewssherpajacob

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/15/why-the-children-of-windrush-dem

Impossible to read the individual stories and not be ashamed of our country for letting this happen.

the former home Secretary responsible for this now has the gall to claim humanitarian reasons for bombing Syria.

People who have paid taxes for 40 years, sacked and denied benefits. How does that square with the illegal immigrants claiming benefits arguments of kipper feckwits.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Windrush on 21:05 - Apr 16 with 3307 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Is anyone actually amazed by this totally inept shower of shite in charge .

These are in charge of Brexit also

Frightening times

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Windrush on 21:25 - Apr 16 with 3283 viewsexiledclaseboy

Windrush on 21:05 - Apr 16 by oh_tommy_tommy

Frightening times

It’s the political rhetoric dating back to Cameron’s government when May was Home Secretary to “create a hostile environment for immigrants” that led directly to this situation amd also created the kind of political discourse and atmosphere that culminated with Brexit. The two are inextricably linked.

Poll: Tory leader

Windrush on 21:32 - Apr 16 with 3275 viewstheloneranger

Windrush on 20:41 - Apr 16 by sherpajacob

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/15/why-the-children-of-windrush-dem

Impossible to read the individual stories and not be ashamed of our country for letting this happen.

the former home Secretary responsible for this now has the gall to claim humanitarian reasons for bombing Syria.

People who have paid taxes for 40 years, sacked and denied benefits. How does that square with the illegal immigrants claiming benefits arguments of kipper feckwits.

All these stories are shameful, but I think this one is the hardest to read.

You see many people going to the Court of Human Rights, the government should be dragged there.

This government are Murdering this poor guy.

Albert Thomson

The 63-year-old arrived in London from Jamaica as a teenager in 1973, to join his mother who was working here as a nurse. Albert Thompson, not his real name, has been here 44 years, working and paying taxes as a mechanic, until he became ill with cancer and had to stop work. Official suspicion about his immigration status led to him being evicted last summer, and he was homeless for three weeks, before a charity housed him. When he arrived for his first radiotherapy session last November he was told that unless he could prove he was eligible for free NHS treatment he would have to pay £54,000 for the care. He is unable to pay and is still not receiving prostate cancer treatment, and is profoundly worried about his health. “I’m very angry with the government. I’m here legally, but they’re asking me to prove I’m British,” he said. He is also dismayed by his treatment at the hands of the NHS. “It feels like they are leaving me to die.”

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Windrush on 21:36 - Apr 16 with 3271 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Windrush on 21:25 - Apr 16 by exiledclaseboy

It’s the political rhetoric dating back to Cameron’s government when May was Home Secretary to “create a hostile environment for immigrants” that led directly to this situation amd also created the kind of political discourse and atmosphere that culminated with Brexit. The two are inextricably linked.

When May was Home Secretary, she waged war against the police and lost a document in the Westminster peadophile investigation

No wonder she got the gig

Windrush on 21:39 - Apr 16 with 3266 viewsexiledclaseboy

Oh and for Amber Rudd to stand up in the Commons today and blame her officials for doing nothing other than carrying out and enforcing government policy is shameful.

Poll: Tory leader

Windrush on 21:45 - Apr 16 with 3258 viewsDJack

Windrush on 21:32 - Apr 16 by theloneranger

You see many people going to the Court of Human Rights, the government should be dragged there.

Albert Thomson

The 63-year-old arrived in London from Jamaica as a teenager in 1973, to join his mother who was working here as a nurse. Albert Thompson, not his real name, has been here 44 years, working and paying taxes as a mechanic, until he became ill with cancer and had to stop work. Official suspicion about his immigration status led to him being evicted last summer, and he was homeless for three weeks, before a charity housed him. When he arrived for his first radiotherapy session last November he was told that unless he could prove he was eligible for free NHS treatment he would have to pay £54,000 for the care. He is unable to pay and is still not receiving prostate cancer treatment, and is profoundly worried about his health. “I’m very angry with the government. I’m here legally, but they’re asking me to prove I’m British,” he said. He is also dismayed by his treatment at the hands of the NHS. “It feels like they are leaving me to die.”

"You see many people going to the Court of Human Rights, the government should be dragged there.

Getting out of the jurisdiction of the court is one of the drivers for Brexit...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Windrush on 21:56 - Apr 16 with 3251 viewsDippy

Windrush on 21:05 - Apr 16 by oh_tommy_tommy

Frightening times

I think I might learn German.. to fit in with the fourth reich movement

Poll: Cooper Out

Windrush on 22:27 - Apr 16 with 3227 viewsmajorraglan

Just read the article, its a moving feature and all credit to the Guardian newspaper for brining the stories and the issue to national attention, because as sure as eggs are eggs had the story not been publicised then the people what are the subjects of the stories and countless thousands of others in the same position would have been deported.

There are plenty of people out there who could and should be deported and I understand why the government would want to deport those who do not have a bona fide case to be here, but what has happened here is senseless and wrong. I hope these wrongs are righted.
Windrush on 22:38 - Apr 16 with 3219 viewsUxbridge

That is just heartbreaking. Sakes mun.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Windrush on 00:31 - Apr 17 with 3175 viewsKerouac

The whole country is in agreement on this...so how the f*ck some want to make out that this is a small minded/racist/bigoted country where foreigners are feeling; "you will never really be part of the UK." is beyond me.

To all those constantly trying to make out the UK is a mean, nasty, small minded place full of Daily Mail readers...have you been anywhere else?
We have one of the most diverse most harmonious population of people from different ethnic backgrounds in the world...certainly in Europe. Yes Europe, the land of milk and honey where the French vote for a national front candidate in their millions, Le Pen could have been President FFS!
Where nationalist parties are on the rise everywhere...in direct contrast to here.

Have a day off you miserable nay-saying c*nts.

This is a cock up, pure and simple.
Bureaucratic nonsense.
It has already been put right.
When it was pointed out by various interested parties a couple of years ago that the policy (implemented in May's time as Home Sec) would lead to some Windrush immigrants being caught mistakenly in the net, I imagine someone behind a desk pondering it and replying "no, of course not...they will have been naturalised and will gain full citizenship or 'right to stay' no bother...our lot aren't that fecking stupid, they'll sort it out".

The problem is that there are an awful lot of idiots who work for the state.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 1:33]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Windrush on 12:11 - Apr 17 with 3065 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Windrush on 00:31 - Apr 17 by Kerouac

The whole country is in agreement on this...so how the f*ck some want to make out that this is a small minded/racist/bigoted country where foreigners are feeling; "you will never really be part of the UK." is beyond me.

To all those constantly trying to make out the UK is a mean, nasty, small minded place full of Daily Mail readers...have you been anywhere else?
We have one of the most diverse most harmonious population of people from different ethnic backgrounds in the world...certainly in Europe. Yes Europe, the land of milk and honey where the French vote for a national front candidate in their millions, Le Pen could have been President FFS!
Where nationalist parties are on the rise everywhere...in direct contrast to here.

Bureaucratic nonsense.
When it was pointed out by various interested parties a couple of years ago that the policy (implemented in May's time as Home Sec) would lead to some Windrush immigrants being caught mistakenly in the net, I imagine someone behind a desk pondering it and replying "no, of course not...they will have been naturalised and will gain full citizenship or 'right to stay' no bother...our lot aren't that fecking stupid, they'll sort it out".

A cock up !!

It’s a national disgrace

Windrush on 12:28 - Apr 17 with 3052 viewstheloneranger

Theresa May to Caribbean leaders....

"I want to reassure you I take this issue very seriously and that the Home Office is dealing with this efficiently and as swiftly as they can, and giving these people support"

She's set up a dedicated team, who will resolve these issues in 2 weeks!!

What about all the people who have already been deported, lost their homes and livelihoods.??

What about all the people living here in fear, who have been sacked and are about to lose their homes??

What about the people who have been denied medical care,, like Albert Thomson who's fighting cancer without treatment.

Her apologies don't count for nothing.

Amber Rudd at the Home Office said she doesn't have the figures on deportations, she's joining the dots at the moment

What a shameful state of affairs!!

Windrush on 13:41 - Apr 17 with 3022 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

She’s a lying bitch of the highest order

Trust her on nothing

Windrush on 14:06 - Apr 17 with 2999 viewssherpajacob

Windrush on 00:31 - Apr 17 by Kerouac

Bureaucratic nonsense.

Theresa May is only now addressing the issue because she realises the overwhelming public sympathy is with the individuals affected. Previously she refused to meet with commonwealth leaders, and she has not intervened when cases have been raised previously.

As others have said, she's a passenger on the bus, not driving it.

Generally the UK is an open and tolerant country and our natural manners and politeness make it welcoming to most. However on a regular basis, in the privacy of the ballot booth,,large numbers put their cross next to parties that like to whip up a, hostile environment for anybody that doesn't fit their view of being British.

Windrush on 14:14 - Apr 17 with 2989 viewssherpajacob

Windrush on 14:23 - Apr 17 with 2974 viewstrampie

Windrush on 13:41 - Apr 17 by oh_tommy_tommy

She’s a lying bitch of the highest order

Trust her on nothing

Shocking, why would anyone trust her on other matters also ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Windrush on 14:52 - Apr 17 with 2957 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Windrush on 14:23 - Apr 17 by trampie

Shocking, why would anyone trust her on other matters also ?

Shes Created a hostile environment for foreign-looking people, the disabled, elderly, the poor, young, nurses and doctors, teachers, social workers, firefighters & police apart from billionaires, tax avoiders and the terroist Party DUP.

Windrush on 19:40 - Apr 17 with 2888 viewsLohengrin

Windrush on 21:32 - Apr 16 by theloneranger

Albert Thomson

“Albert Thompson, not his real name, has been here 44 years, working and paying taxes as a mechanic...

Can somebody help me out here please, tell me what I’m missing? If this chap is what he claims to be and has been paying into the system all these years then why has has he not just quoted his National Insurance number to access treatment with the NHS?

Something simply doesn’t ring true.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Windrush on 19:47 - Apr 17 with 2881 viewstheloneranger

Windrush on 19:40 - Apr 17 by Lohengrin

“Albert Thompson, not his real name, has been here 44 years, working and paying taxes as a mechanic...

Can somebody help me out here please, tell me what I’m missing? If this chap is what he claims to be and has been paying into the system all these years then why has has he not just quoted his National Insurance number to access treatment with the NHS?

Something simply doesn’t ring true.

"On Monday, the home secretary Amber Rudd admitted to “appalling” cases of people denied health treatment, stripped of their jobs and faced with deportation to countries they left as children decades ago, and have never returned to"

They've even been contacted by the DVLA to tell them that their driving licences are no longer valid.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/windrush-home-office-evidence-dep

Windrush on 20:08 - Apr 17 with 2862 viewsLohengrin

Windrush on 19:47 - Apr 17 by theloneranger

"On Monday, the home secretary Amber Rudd admitted to “appalling” cases of people denied health treatment, stripped of their jobs and faced with deportation to countries they left as children decades ago, and have never returned to"

They've even been contacted by the DVLA to tell them that their driving licences are no longer valid.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/windrush-home-office-evidence-dep

“There is no record of me.”

So no record of ever having contributed so much as a penny in tax or NI just a discarded slip that may say that A N Other could have pitched up at Tilbury Docks four decades ago?

Tell me what I’m missing? Explain to me how anybody could access pensions and healthcare without ever having made a contribution in exactly the same way as somebody who has worked their bollocks off in heavy industry all their life and paid every step of the way? How does that work?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024