Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you support safe standing........... 23:57 - Apr 16 with 5261 viewsswansvalleyjack

…..then sign an electronic petition to assist in getting 100,000 signatures to trigger a Parliamentary discussion, thus by-passing the out-of- touch Sports Minister Tracey Crouch — the petition link and some related articles, are below :

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/207040

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/11/sports-minister-accused-ignoring

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/apr/15/sports-minister-tracey-cro
If you support safe standing........... on 06:57 - Apr 17 with 5205 viewsSTID2017

Signed.
Took 30 seconds

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

If you support safe standing........... on 08:12 - Apr 17 with 5178 viewsBrynCartwright

Signed.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

If you support safe standing........... on 21:30 - Apr 17 with 5049 viewsTNT

60,000+ signatures so far.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

If you support safe standing........... on 21:48 - Apr 17 with 5037 viewsGlyn1

Signed. Very easy to do.

Clicking on the "Show on a Map" where people signed is interesting - who knew Anglesey had so many football fans?

ANY CHANCE OF MAKING THIS A STICKY?
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 23:02]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

If you support safe standing........... on 22:00 - Apr 19 with 4899 viewsswansvalleyjack

Nearly 76,000 signatures and rising; latest article below - the Sports Minister really does have her head on the sand on this one. For those that prefer to stand (and thousands do every week as we know) it's far safer in purpose built standing areas, than in seating areas. And it's also better for those who prefer to sit, because then there is no excuse to stand in front of someone sitting, if specific standing areas exist.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43832443
If you support safe standing........... on 22:21 - Apr 19 with 4874 viewslonglostjack

Signed. The fact that a Tory minister is against it proves that it's a no brainer.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

If you support safe standing........... on 22:37 - Apr 19 with 4862 viewsjackrabbit

If you support safe standing........... on 22:00 - Apr 19 by swansvalleyjack

Nearly 76,000 signatures and rising; latest article below - the Sports Minister really does have her head on the sand on this one. For those that prefer to stand (and thousands do every week as we know) it's far safer in purpose built standing areas, than in seating areas. And it's also better for those who prefer to sit, because then there is no excuse to stand in front of someone sitting, if specific standing areas exist.

Spot on. I prefer to sit, but I understand why people want to stand. Standing behind tipped-up seats that come halfway up your shins is incredibly dangerous, and God forbid that it takes a major tragedy to have those in authority finally face the realities of the situation. By the way Sports Minister, we're not asking for the whole stadium to be converted into safe standing - just sections of it. I want to continue to sit and if safe standing sections come in, there'll be no excuse for standing in seated areas and THEN I will definitely expect enforcement of the law. There'd be no excuse for and no tolerance of anybody standing in the seated section. Everybody's 'appy!
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 22:40]
If you support safe standing........... on 07:53 - Apr 20 with 4808 viewsSTID2017

If you support safe standing........... on 22:00 - Apr 19 by swansvalleyjack

I agree with safe standing and have signed it.
I prefer to sit myself but I would like to see safe standing in all stands of our ground, as even in the West and certainly quite a bit in South, there are a lot of fans who stand up.
Introducing these sections would keep more fans happy

Login to get fewer ads

If you support safe standing........... on 08:21 - Apr 20 with 4794 viewsbluey_the_blue

As long as it's a dedicated area and there's then zero tolerance for standing elsewhere, why not?

I prefer to sit as my knees regularly play up. Some scroat decides it's their duty to stand in front of me all game, they'll get a slap...
If you support safe standing........... on 08:24 - Apr 20 with 4794 viewsswanforthemoney

Done. Thx for putting the link up ValleyJack

I stand in the North Stand

If you support safe standing........... on 09:29 - Apr 20 with 4765 viewsDafyddHuw

Good thread.

Everyone on PS should be voting.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 9:47]
If you support safe standing........... on 09:41 - Apr 20 with 4760 viewsSwanno

Signed
If you support safe standing........... on 10:27 - Apr 20 with 4732 views34dfgdf54

Done.
If you support safe standing........... on 11:51 - Apr 20 with 4708 viewsSwansNZ

If you support safe standing........... on 09:29 - Apr 20 by DafyddHuw

Good thread.

Everyone on PS should be voting.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 9:47]

Done

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

If you support safe standing........... on 12:04 - Apr 20 with 4698 viewsSwanzay

Done
If you support safe standing........... on 14:41 - Apr 20 with 4659 viewspencoedjack

Signed
If you support safe standing........... on 19:29 - Apr 20 with 4612 viewsAguycalledJack

Done. Over 80,000 votes now.
If you support safe standing........... on 21:24 - Apr 25 with 4482 viewsswansvalleyjack

100,000 signatures now reached ....see contents of a BBC article below; and hopefully the Sports Minister will now take her head out of the sand :

"A petition asking for Premier League and Championship clubs to be allowed to have safe-standing at their stadiums has been signed by 100,000 people. It means the petition will now be considered for debate by MPs in the House of Commons.

The UK government said earlier this month there were no plans to change the all-seater policy after West Brom had a safe-standing proposal rejected.

After the petition reached the 100,000 mark, the Football Supporters' Federation (FSF) said in a statement: We would like to thank every last fan who signed the petition and helped take standing to Parliament - the sheer number of fans involved shows the strength of feeling on an issue that isn't going away. This is not just a 'vocal minority' as the sports minister presumed - the overwhelming majority of fans back the choice to sit or stand, as do most clubs and a growing number of MPs who will look forward to the debate.

Sports Minister Tracey Crouch said she was 'grateful' for fans 'expressing their views on this issue. This will now give me the opportunity to discuss at length the nuances and complexities of sports ground safety in Parliament, if and when the Petitions Committee agree to it being debated, she added."
If you support safe standing........... on 21:27 - Apr 25 with 4470 viewsbuilthjack

Who pays for this? It won't be cheap.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

If you support safe standing........... on 21:36 - Apr 25 with 4464 viewsN_T_J

Done! 104k signed it.
If you support safe standing........... on 15:24 - Apr 26 with 4378 viewsswanforthemoney

If you support safe standing........... on 21:27 - Apr 25 by builthjack

Who pays for this? It won't be cheap.

I'd pay a few bob extra on my season ticket for a "safe-standing" seat. Say 40 quid a season. that should cover it ?

I stand in the North Stand

If you support safe standing........... on 18:50 - Apr 26 with 4346 viewsSTID2017

If you support safe standing........... on 15:24 - Apr 26 by swanforthemoney

I'd pay a few bob extra on my season ticket for a "safe-standing" seat. Say 40 quid a season. that should cover it ?

Shouldn't you have a reduction for standing, therefore not using your seat ?

If you support safe standing........... on 20:20 - Apr 26 with 4323 viewsLibertarian

Signed.

108,300 signed now
If you support safe standing........... on 20:23 - Apr 26 with 4321 viewsexiledclaseboy

The government should have published a response by now. 15 days is a long delay for these things. Home Office has been quite busy mind.

Poll: Tory leader

If you support safe standing........... on 20:31 - Apr 26 with 4316 viewsSTID2017

If you support safe standing........... on 20:23 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

The government should have published a response by now. 15 days is a long delay for these things. Home Office has been quite busy mind.

That typical of the Civil Service mun ....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024