Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... 21:27 - Apr 17 with 7118 viewsGowerjack

More musings from the Moz....

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/apr/17/morrissey-denounces-halal-meat-as-

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 22:01 - Apr 19 with 1275 viewsKerouac

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 21:48 - Apr 19 by FieryJack

Exactly.

I might be wrong here, but I'm guessing this is the first time Kerouac has engaged with a muslim - online, that is.

So, that's a start then.

In the flesh, though, his only contact has probably been with a Bangladeshi waiter in a curry house.

You're wrong.
Make a mental note, you are always wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 22:25 - Apr 19 with 1238 viewsFieryJack

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 22:01 - Apr 19 by Kerouac

You're wrong.
Make a mental note, you are always wrong.

Hmm..Kerouac, I've hardly ever engaged with you on here, so I don't know how you can say I'm always wrong.

Anyway, I'm up at 5.30am tomorrow so I'm logging off now. I'll be going to work, and some of my colleagues are thoroughly decent, likeable, good-humoured people who happen to be Muslim...

But some of them are probably only Muslim in the way that many British are Christian ie. barely at all.

Sure, I was born and baptised a Christian, but, like most British white folk, I don't believe a bloody word of the Christian faith or indeed any other.

If you were fortunate enough to actually know, work with, or otherwise engage with the average Muslim, you'd probably change your opinions pretty quickly.

Of course, some of them are complete and utter ar*e-holes...

As are some Italians, Latvians, Welsh, English, Brazilians, Swiss, Burmese...etc.

You get the picture.
Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 22:30 - Apr 19 with 1222 viewsKerouac

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 22:25 - Apr 19 by FieryJack

Hmm..Kerouac, I've hardly ever engaged with you on here, so I don't know how you can say I'm always wrong.

Anyway, I'm up at 5.30am tomorrow so I'm logging off now. I'll be going to work, and some of my colleagues are thoroughly decent, likeable, good-humoured people who happen to be Muslim...

But some of them are probably only Muslim in the way that many British are Christian ie. barely at all.

Sure, I was born and baptised a Christian, but, like most British white folk, I don't believe a bloody word of the Christian faith or indeed any other.

If you were fortunate enough to actually know, work with, or otherwise engage with the average Muslim, you'd probably change your opinions pretty quickly.

Of course, some of them are complete and utter ar*e-holes...

As are some Italians, Latvians, Welsh, English, Brazilians, Swiss, Burmese...etc.

You get the picture.

I do not doubt that your experience is true.

I have had similar experiences...and...some not so pleasant.
I have never said any Muslim (or anyone from any group) are the same as all the rest.

Answer me this though.
Was that CH4 survey incorrect in your opinion?

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 22:38 - Apr 19 with 1211 viewsSpearchucker_Jones

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 22:30 - Apr 19 by Kerouac

I do not doubt that your experience is true.

I have had similar experiences...and...some not so pleasant.
I have never said any Muslim (or anyone from any group) are the same as all the rest.

Answer me this though.
Was that CH4 survey incorrect in your opinion?

The Catholic Church is against homosexuality (note I said church, and not catholics).

Please let me know when we're planning to meet up and chase it out of the country.

It's also against wànkers.

Surely that will motivate you if nothing else will.
Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 23:57 - Apr 19 with 1172 viewsomarjack

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 21:22 - Apr 19 by Kerouac

Forgive me Omar but a few things...

- I was raised a Catholic, half my family are Catholics, I rejected that religion when I was 14 because I disagreed with things that the religion preached.
I no longer call myself a Catholic and when in company am given to attacking the Catholic Church for it's hypocrisy and for the bad things it teaches people.
Am I right that you still consider yourself a Muslim yet you disagree with what the religion preached about homosexuality?
Why don't you renounce your faith?
Is it not possible to believe in a God without affiliating yourself to a religion?

- I belong to many clans though, as do we all.
I am a Welsh, British, European, Liberal.
If the Welsh Assembley was encouraging people to hate homosexuals or Jews etc. It would be my responsibility to challenge those teachings/policies etc. and if I didn't I would be tacitly accepting of the status quo and partially responsible.
I challenge things in my own society and community all the time, I accept my responsibility.
From the tone of your response am I right in thinking that you see no way to change the fact that 52% of British Muslims believe homosexuality should be illegal?
Or is it that you don't accept responsibility and are therefore tacitly accepting of the status quo?

- Are Europeans and Americans and Jews not held accountable for the actions of a few in Muslim majority countries. Is there not a hypocrisy in the case you are making?

Thanks!

lol

Am I right in thinking that you see no way to change the fact that a big chunk of Eastern European,African and Latin American Christians believe that homosexuality should be illegal? or does this apply to Muslims only?

the far right always thinks that I personally know the 1.7 billion people (or 24% of world's population) who are affiliated with Islam. and that I can influence their opinions..lol!!?
I only know like 50 people in my life..and half of them aren't even Muslim. How on earth am I supposed to reach out to all muslims in the world exactly?

Anyway it's ok. the day you challenge Nazism, Trumpism,Misogyny,racism and homophobia in the Western or Christian world will be the day I do the same.

yet I don't expect you to do anything about problems in your "community" because I'm a nice guy who believes in individualism and resent collective punishment. the only thing I'll ask you nicely to do is not to make life harder on us. after all, people like me (gasp!!) actually have like..normal lives and taxes and real sh!t to worry about. don't add to what is already a difficult life by marginalizing us and bullying us out of our lives.

thank you my brother in humanity. hope you'll become more flexible.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 00:09 - Apr 20 with 1160 viewsomarjack

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 21:57 - Apr 19 by Kerouac

What the f*ck are you on about.
We are talking religion not race.
A religion is a belief system with a set of rules as regards how to live your life in order to please "God".
Nobody is born into it, it's not a genetic condition.
It is something you choose to believe in or you don't, of your own free will.

Why on earth should religious people be able to get away with promoting the idea that homosexuals should be made illegal without challenge.
Why should Omar, as a Liberal who disagrees with these teachings still describe himself as a Muslim and offer no ideas as to how his fellow Muslims minds can be changed on this? (Like a Corbyn supporter/Labour party member shrugging their shoulders at blatant anti-semitism; "nothing to do with me guv")
Explain yourself you intellectual runt.

LOL

as I said before..I'm my own person and believe it or not I don't have super powers to influence the opinion of some idiots who happen to be born in the same faith as me (along with one quarter of the freaking world's population!!) I'm just a guy who likes to hang out, watch a match and have a pint and spend time with my girl. just like you I bet. yet you're not expected to speak up and save the world and eliminate extremism.

as for these labour/Corbyn anti-semitism claims..LOL!!?

why does the far right accuse others of the things they're actually guilty of?
I'm not a huge fan of JC or anything. but he is anything but racist and you guys know it.

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 00:21 - Apr 20 with 1148 viewsKerouac

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 22:38 - Apr 19 by Spearchucker_Jones

The Catholic Church is against homosexuality (note I said church, and not catholics).

Please let me know when we're planning to meet up and chase it out of the country.

It's also against wànkers.

Surely that will motivate you if nothing else will.

Yes, and I have been free to leave the Catholic Church and criticise it throughout my life without anyone ever calling me a racist.
Comprende dipshit?

We don't need to worry about the growth of the Catholic Church in this country, it is dying a slow death as there are many people like me who reject it's teachings and are free to leave the religion and criticise from the outside without the threat of violence being held over our head.

Also, if you are equating the two religions as a threat to British society, please direct me to a survey which shows over 50% of Catholics believe that homosexuality to be illegal.
Good luck with that...will be another unanswered question on the thread.
The fact that the "you're a racist" brigade can't answer any of them is not very surprising at all.

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 00:28 - Apr 20 with 1142 viewsomarjack

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 00:21 - Apr 20 by Kerouac

Yes, and I have been free to leave the Catholic Church and criticise it throughout my life without anyone ever calling me a racist.
Comprende dipshit?

We don't need to worry about the growth of the Catholic Church in this country, it is dying a slow death as there are many people like me who reject it's teachings and are free to leave the religion and criticise from the outside without the threat of violence being held over our head.

Also, if you are equating the two religions as a threat to British society, please direct me to a survey which shows over 50% of Catholics believe that homosexuality to be illegal.
Good luck with that...will be another unanswered question on the thread.
The fact that the "you're a racist" brigade can't answer any of them is not very surprising at all.

why are we only talking about catholicism? let's talk christianity..

40-50% of Christians in Africa and Eastern Europe think homosexuality should be a crime. that's the truth.
while I will own up that people in the west have become more tolerant and all..it doesn't change the fact that 48% (you seem to love that poll for some reason) of muslims don't want to criminalize homosexuality while white christian homophobes still exist and in numbers (I read a poll where 18% of Brits want homosexuality to be a crime, and for example in Poland the number reaches 40%)

so tell me..who has the right to have more respect? the 48% muslims? or the 18% douchebags from christian heritage like Rees-Mogg the tw@t?

if you choose the later..you're a racist.

Login to get fewer ads

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 00:39 - Apr 20 with 1133 viewsKerouac

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 00:09 - Apr 20 by omarjack

LOL

as I said before..I'm my own person and believe it or not I don't have super powers to influence the opinion of some idiots who happen to be born in the same faith as me (along with one quarter of the freaking world's population!!) I'm just a guy who likes to hang out, watch a match and have a pint and spend time with my girl. just like you I bet. yet you're not expected to speak up and save the world and eliminate extremism.

as for these labour/Corbyn anti-semitism claims..LOL!!?

why does the far right accuse others of the things they're actually guilty of?
I'm not a huge fan of JC or anything. but he is anything but racist and you guys know it.

I did speak up and leave a religion, why don't you?

So human beings are "born into a faith" you think?
The faith is imposed on kids, put there by the adults in the community.
When you become a man though you should be able to think for yourself, question what you were taught, criticise the religion and ultimately leave.
What kind of a man spends the rest of his life kidnapped by the ultra conservative religion of his community when he believes in Liberal ideas and can see the evil that is being perpetrated in the name of that religion?

I see you are trying to make out that I am "far right".
Please point me to anything that I have posted which could be described as far-right.
Anti-semitism is a big problem for the Labour Party and Islam.
I do not find it funny in any way whatsoever.

Tell me, you described your situation in this country as one of being bullied and persecuted.
This does not fit with what I know to be true.
Please explain what you have to suffer on a daily basis...
and please explain why in that Ch4 survey Uk Muslims described themselves as;

- A large majority of British Muslims feel a strong sense of belonging to their local area (91%). This is higher than the national average (76%)

- A large majority of British Muslims feel a strong sense of belonging to Britain (86%). This is higher than the national average (83%)

- A large majority of British Muslims feel that they are able to practice their religion freely in Britain (94%)

- British Muslims are more likely than the rest of the population to feel that they can influence decisions affecting Britain (33% vs 21%)

- British Muslims are more likely than the rest of the population to feel that their local MP reflects their views (44% vs 41%)

- 88% of British Muslims think that Britain is a good place for Muslims to live

Doesn't fit with your earlier post does it?
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 1:39]

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 10:52 - Apr 20 with 1041 viewsomarjack

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 00:39 - Apr 20 by Kerouac

I did speak up and leave a religion, why don't you?

So human beings are "born into a faith" you think?
The faith is imposed on kids, put there by the adults in the community.
When you become a man though you should be able to think for yourself, question what you were taught, criticise the religion and ultimately leave.
What kind of a man spends the rest of his life kidnapped by the ultra conservative religion of his community when he believes in Liberal ideas and can see the evil that is being perpetrated in the name of that religion?

I see you are trying to make out that I am "far right".
Please point me to anything that I have posted which could be described as far-right.
Anti-semitism is a big problem for the Labour Party and Islam.
I do not find it funny in any way whatsoever.

Tell me, you described your situation in this country as one of being bullied and persecuted.
This does not fit with what I know to be true.
Please explain what you have to suffer on a daily basis...
and please explain why in that Ch4 survey Uk Muslims described themselves as;

- A large majority of British Muslims feel a strong sense of belonging to their local area (91%). This is higher than the national average (76%)

- A large majority of British Muslims feel a strong sense of belonging to Britain (86%). This is higher than the national average (83%)

- A large majority of British Muslims feel that they are able to practice their religion freely in Britain (94%)

- British Muslims are more likely than the rest of the population to feel that they can influence decisions affecting Britain (33% vs 21%)

- British Muslims are more likely than the rest of the population to feel that their local MP reflects their views (44% vs 41%)

- 88% of British Muslims think that Britain is a good place for Muslims to live

Doesn't fit with your earlier post does it?
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 1:39]

I might have neglected to point out that I am not a believer in Islam (I'm an Atheist) yet I'm culturally affiliated with Islam (being Syrian with an obviously Muslim name) which is something I cannot change even if I wanted to. let me tell you some of the things people like me have to go through.
-it's about half as hard as white brits to get a job (considering close to 40-45% of britons harbour anti-muslim views)
-I've been called "dirty arab before in a bar"
-I overheard my eye doctor telling her assistant "it's the terrorist again"

yet I have no control over my racial background. should I walk on streets with a sticker on my back saying "just an atheist who look like an Arab walking through"?
plus, as I said. I know actual Muslims who are tolerant to western values. you don't have to be a full blown disbeliever like me to be a good person and to deserve to be treated kindly.

the fact is that "Islamophobia" has turned into "Anti-Arab/Pakistani/Turk/Bengladeshi/Bosniak/Azeri/persian/Indonesian/Somali etc sentiment. it's irrelevant whether the person is Atheist/Agnostic/Nominally Muslim/Secular/moderate/devout or a complete fundementalist d!ckhead. we're all treated equally.

Immigration bans will ban all of us for example. let's not forget other minorities "Christians/Jews/Yazidis etc who live in Muslim majority countries" who are also persecuted constantly..after all "Islam is not a race haha.."

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:24 - Apr 20 with 1024 viewsEbo

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 10:52 - Apr 20 by omarjack

I might have neglected to point out that I am not a believer in Islam (I'm an Atheist) yet I'm culturally affiliated with Islam (being Syrian with an obviously Muslim name) which is something I cannot change even if I wanted to. let me tell you some of the things people like me have to go through.
-it's about half as hard as white brits to get a job (considering close to 40-45% of britons harbour anti-muslim views)
-I've been called "dirty arab before in a bar"
-I overheard my eye doctor telling her assistant "it's the terrorist again"

yet I have no control over my racial background. should I walk on streets with a sticker on my back saying "just an atheist who look like an Arab walking through"?
plus, as I said. I know actual Muslims who are tolerant to western values. you don't have to be a full blown disbeliever like me to be a good person and to deserve to be treated kindly.

the fact is that "Islamophobia" has turned into "Anti-Arab/Pakistani/Turk/Bengladeshi/Bosniak/Azeri/persian/Indonesian/Somali etc sentiment. it's irrelevant whether the person is Atheist/Agnostic/Nominally Muslim/Secular/moderate/devout or a complete fundementalist d!ckhead. we're all treated equally.

Immigration bans will ban all of us for example. let's not forget other minorities "Christians/Jews/Yazidis etc who live in Muslim majority countries" who are also persecuted constantly..after all "Islam is not a race haha.."

While I 100% agree with you Omar, I would not waste your valuable time 'debating' with a mouth breather like Kerouac. He claims to be a liberal but we can all see where his leanings are.

I work with a guy from Iraq who came here 20 years ago. Fled from the conflict and from a nice lifestyle. He is not a Muslim but an atheist. Some of his family are Muslim but they do not frown on family members who left the faith. He kind of reminds me of you.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 17:41 - Apr 20 with 965 viewsomarjack

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:24 - Apr 20 by Ebo

While I 100% agree with you Omar, I would not waste your valuable time 'debating' with a mouth breather like Kerouac. He claims to be a liberal but we can all see where his leanings are.

I work with a guy from Iraq who came here 20 years ago. Fled from the conflict and from a nice lifestyle. He is not a Muslim but an atheist. Some of his family are Muslim but they do not frown on family members who left the faith. He kind of reminds me of you.

thank you for your kind words,friend.

and you're absolutely right..good people will remain good meanwhile those who masquarade their bigotry with their "classic liberal" values while supporting nutters like Trump and Rees-Mogg should not be worth my time..thank you again.

same obviously goes for those who abuse basic human rights in muslim countries in the name of "values,tradition and faith..they can all suck it :)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024