Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread 16:22 - Apr 18 with 42278 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 15:55]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 16:56 - Apr 18 with 10599 viewsairedale

I’ve seen better.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:09 - Apr 18 with 10528 viewsjackharris

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 16:56 - Apr 18 by airedale

I’ve seen better.

Exactly
[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 22:09]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:26 - Apr 18 with 10501 viewsjack2jack

Hope they've been on the p!ss all week and keep falling over their flip flops for 90 odd minutes.
Swans win.😀
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:50 - Apr 18 with 10480 viewsbuilthjack

Let's just do them

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 07:22 - Apr 19 with 10398 viewsAguycalledJack

They will want to put on a show for their fans, especially after what happened against Utd. Everything crossed for a draw.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:31 - Apr 19 with 10334 viewsJethroJack

Their many "stars" will already have turned their attention to Russia.
Psychologically, avoiding injury will be their No.1 priority.
Why risk that 50/50 tackle?
Why bother with that extra yard of effort?
COYJB's...its a good time to take full advantage! 😝
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:09 - Apr 19 with 10235 viewsJesusJack

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:31 - Apr 19 by JethroJack

Their many "stars" will already have turned their attention to Russia.
Psychologically, avoiding injury will be their No.1 priority.
Why risk that 50/50 tackle?
Why bother with that extra yard of effort?
COYJB's...its a good time to take full advantage! 😝

One of ours needs to go in on one of their World Cup bound players with a heavy challenge (Nothing naughty) early on to show them we're not messing about. See if they hold back a bit from then on.

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 16:31 - Apr 19 with 10124 viewsLoyal

Our problem if we do get chances and score is then our defensive mindset when protecting a lead. We could be 3 up imo and still lose agaisnt this lot.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 16:55 - Apr 19 with 10088 viewsDippy

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:09 - Apr 19 by JesusJack

One of ours needs to go in on one of their World Cup bound players with a heavy challenge (Nothing naughty) early on to show them we're not messing about. See if they hold back a bit from then on.

They'll start diving.. and the refs usually blow up..

The only chink in their armor is their 10 second lapse in concentration between defence and midfield.. if we can exploit that 10 second lapse they have during the game a few times.. we might be able to cause their back line some problems..

Liverpool exploited it well, everytime they had a lapse, Liverpool were like a bunch of terriers eating up that space, and punishing them..

But they have this ridiculous ability to suffocate and control every aspect of the game

Poll: Cooper Out

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:05 - Apr 19 with 10102 viewsMrSwerve

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:26 - Apr 18 by jack2jack

Hope they've been on the p!ss all week and keep falling over their flip flops for 90 odd minutes.
Swans win.😀

They'll only beat us 3 nil if they take that attitude!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:08 - Apr 19 with 10072 viewsDippy

I think Andre Ayew can be the key to identify the Space that needs to be exploited.. and Jordan Ayew is decent off the defenders shoulder.

But it depends on how many lapses City are going to give us..

Poll: Cooper Out

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:09 - Apr 19 with 10097 viewswestwalesed

That aerial shot of the Etihad with side stadiums and about a million training pitches is, ummmm, impressive.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:48 - Apr 19 with 10067 viewsShaky

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:09 - Apr 19 by westwalesed

That aerial shot of the Etihad with side stadiums and about a million training pitches is, ummmm, impressive.

Lacks the charm of Main Road though, where I fondly recall my dad paying protection money to the local yobs to park the car, when aarh wur a lad.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:15 - Apr 19 with 9883 viewsbuilthjack

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:48 - Apr 19 by Shaky

Lacks the charm of Main Road though, where I fondly recall my dad paying protection money to the local yobs to park the car, when aarh wur a lad.

It still happens in places

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 00:15 - Apr 20 with 9820 viewsGlyn1

There also the Visitors Guide on the club website which isn't a patch on JackHarris's:

https://www.swanseacity.com/sites/default/files/document/2017-06/MANCHESTER%20CI

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:00 - Apr 20 with 9655 viewsNookiejack

If we lose we don't want to get stuffed as goal difference could still be crucial.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:32 - Apr 20 with 9502 viewsBytholWyn

If we go with intention of parking the bus for 90 minutes we will lose, and probably heavily. No team has greater ability than City at unpicking packed defences - and I can see us getting hammered if we approach the game in this way. After all, a much inferior United side picked us apart first half when we adopted such a passive approach - and when we decided to try and play, in the second half, we actually posed some questions of the United defence.

I'm not advocating going gung ho against City - that would be suicide. But there will be opportunities to press them high up the pitch. If City do have any sort of vulnerability it's against the high press - as Liverpool have shown on several occasions this season. Not only that, but Palace drew 0-0 with City on New Years' Eve - which would have been three points were it not for an uncharacteristic penalty miss by Milivojevic in injury time. Palace played a high press, high intensity game that day. If they can do it then so can we, with the excellent work ethic of both of the Ayew brothers and the likes of Carroll and Clucas.

it's almost certain that we'll lose on Sunday - but apart from keeping the score down we need to aspire to leave the Etihad with a performance that sets us up for the remaining games. Going there simply to defend and getting hammered in the process will be demoralising for players and fans alike. Let's at least attempt to ask questions of the City defence.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:29 - Apr 20 with 9330 viewsmonmouth

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:32 - Apr 20 by BytholWyn

If we go with intention of parking the bus for 90 minutes we will lose, and probably heavily. No team has greater ability than City at unpicking packed defences - and I can see us getting hammered if we approach the game in this way. After all, a much inferior United side picked us apart first half when we adopted such a passive approach - and when we decided to try and play, in the second half, we actually posed some questions of the United defence.

I'm not advocating going gung ho against City - that would be suicide. But there will be opportunities to press them high up the pitch. If City do have any sort of vulnerability it's against the high press - as Liverpool have shown on several occasions this season. Not only that, but Palace drew 0-0 with City on New Years' Eve - which would have been three points were it not for an uncharacteristic penalty miss by Milivojevic in injury time. Palace played a high press, high intensity game that day. If they can do it then so can we, with the excellent work ethic of both of the Ayew brothers and the likes of Carroll and Clucas.

it's almost certain that we'll lose on Sunday - but apart from keeping the score down we need to aspire to leave the Etihad with a performance that sets us up for the remaining games. Going there simply to defend and getting hammered in the process will be demoralising for players and fans alike. Let's at least attempt to ask questions of the City defence.

Bristol City also scared the shit out of them with similar tactics and getting forward with pace when they had the chance.

We won’t do that. It’ll be backs to the wall. That’s what worked for Wiggy, so who knows.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 08:24 - Apr 21 with 9167 viewsCaptain_Sham

We have a 14 gd adv over stoke. That's an extra point right now. We don't want any cricket scores here. 10-0-0 pls.

Its just a ride.

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:15 - Apr 21 with 9131 viewsWhiterockin

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:48 - Apr 19 by Shaky

Remember someone telling them that they don't need to pay as they had a rottweiler in the car. They came back with four flat tyres and a note on the window to get the rottweiler to pump them up.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:28 - Apr 21 with 8905 viewsA_Fans_Dad

We need someone to mark De Bruyne off the field.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:34 - Apr 21 with 8893 viewsLoyal

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:28 - Apr 21 by A_Fans_Dad

We need someone to mark De Bruyne off the field.

Or kick ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 16:20 - Apr 21 with 8818 viewsharryhpalmer

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:34 - Apr 21 by Loyal

Or kick ?

No Aguero - who seems to always score against us.

More importantly, no Fernandinho, who is their unsung hero.

Add to the fact, there are a few Citeh players who need a few games to get a medal - Brahim & Foden (2), Mendy (1) and Bravo (4) with 5 games left. Will Pep have any sentimenal selections in mind? Probably not tomorrow! But in the other games, I think he may.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:31 - Apr 21 with 8757 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:15 - Apr 21 by Whiterockin

Remember someone telling them that they don't need to pay as they had a rottweiler in the car. They came back with four flat tyres and a note on the window to get the rottweiler to pump them up.

I remember a little black kid asking for money (can't remember how much) to mind the car, my mate who's car it was told him to f*ck off, but I paid the kid.

After the game we walked up the street where we were parked, passing several vandalised cars on the way, my mate started to think that telling the kid to f*ck of wasn't such a good idea now, when we got to the car there was the the kid pointing to the wheels saying "look no flat Tyers"

Wonder if kids still do it ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:18 - Apr 21 with 8645 viewswestwalesed

I'm afraid at the Bookies today I went for a 5-0 hammering with De Bruyne to score first at 80/1.

Mrs westwalesed went somewhat realistic, with a 4-1 defeat.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024