Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread 16:22 - Apr 18 with 42233 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 15:55]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:39 - Apr 22 with 2404 viewsunion_jack

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:47 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

I despair at times.

Not the performance today, but the reaction to it.

There is no game plan we could use against that team in the game where they celebrate the title with absolutely no pressure on them at all. None.

Sit back and they score 5. Go for it and they probably score 7. Hack them down and they score 7 and we have players sent off and unavailable for the crucial games coming up,

Anyone saying 'that's it, we're down now' - were you seriously counting on points today? Seriously?

The best thing that could happen today did happen. Stoke didn't win at home against Burnley. A team with nothing to play for. Same as Southampton didn't win on Thursday against Leicester. Another team with nothing to play for. And we are moaning because we didn't get anything at Man City on the day they celebrated the title. By a mile. Because they are the best team in this league by a mile.

Bloody hell.

Some of our play was disappointing - Mawson had a shocker. Carroll had not much better, and I'm not certain they mentioned Ki in the first half. But they were just completely outclassed. All of them. And it's impossible in that situation.

I suspect we'll get 2 points from our next two games. And that will probably be enough.

Huge summer awaits. Proper recruitment needed. A full clear out needed. Just to get rid of wages even if we get no fee in.

But today didn't show us anything other than this Man City team are as good as any premier league team has ever been. On a par with that Arsenal team. And that Man Utd team. Sometimes you just have to say - we can't compete with a team that has that amount of money thrown at it.

A lot of that does make sense but regarding the Soton results, don't forget they had a semi final fixture today which would have played heavily in them I've no doubt.

Unfortunately (I think), them losing today will mean putting full effort into their remaining games. They have some good players and I am fearing an upturn in their fortunes over the next three weeks.

But, it's in our own hands. We can't ask more than that at this stage.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:44 - Apr 22 with 2375 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:31 - Apr 22 by skettyparkherbert

Hi Londonlisa

You are totally correct about the gap between the top and bottom is getting wider because of the stupid money in the premier league.

How is this going to stop because it isn't a level playing field now because there are only truly 3 teams that will compete next season maybe 4 if Chelsea spend another hideous fortune.

City, Utd and Liverpool will be there fighting it out, Chelsea ,Spurs and Arsenal will make up the other top six spots but in general the richer the club the higher up you finish?

What can be done to correct this?

Think we are probably headed for a European super league to be honest.

Fanss in this country won't like it as much, but the money is in China, US, Africa etc. so the powers that be won't care. Neither will the owners of the clubs involved.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:45 - Apr 22 with 2358 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:39 - Apr 22 by union_jack

A lot of that does make sense but regarding the Soton results, don't forget they had a semi final fixture today which would have played heavily in them I've no doubt.

Unfortunately (I think), them losing today will mean putting full effort into their remaining games. They have some good players and I am fearing an upturn in their fortunes over the next three weeks.

But, it's in our own hands. We can't ask more than that at this stage.

They put full effort into every match up until April I assume and are still below us by 4 points. There must be a reason for that.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:48 - Apr 22 with 2349 viewsploppy

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:05 - Apr 22 by GeoffThom

Well it worked for Wigan so explain that one

Wigan beat 10 men on a dodgy pitch. There you go.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:48 - Apr 22 with 2349 viewsunion_jack

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:45 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

They put full effort into every match up until April I assume and are still below us by 4 points. There must be a reason for that.

But this is the business end of the season. As I said, they have some players capable of turning games.

I sincerely hope you are right and may go to sleep tonight with your words ringing in my ears😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:50 - Apr 22 with 2339 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:48 - Apr 22 by union_jack

But this is the business end of the season. As I said, they have some players capable of turning games.

I sincerely hope you are right and may go to sleep tonight with your words ringing in my ears😄

Everton is key for them. Let's hope they don't win.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:04 - Apr 22 with 2288 viewsSwanseaman

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:01 - Apr 22 by trinityann

This is embarrassing compared to the Rodgers/Laudrup days. I've got to the point where I don't care what division we are in, I can't watch any more of this five at the back park the bus football. We play football without a midfield.

I hate it too,I hope Carlos stops playing this way..

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:06 - Apr 22 with 2283 viewsSwanseaman

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:44 - Apr 22 by union_jack

The problem is we haven't got a clue what to do with the ball when we have it. Seems we've worked on the defensive formation, though that's not worked well as yet, but totally neglected the attacking bit of the game.

Clueless. Literally.

We have worked on the defense and I think Carlos believed that we could play the way we did today and it would be the best way to play.. He got it way wrong...

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Login to get fewer ads

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:06 - Apr 22 with 2282 viewsSwanseaman

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:02 - Apr 22 by union_jack

Regardless of what Narsingh said in the EP this week, we entered the pitch with zero belief we could take anything from this game. And that belief has diminished every minute we've played.

With zero belief comes zero effort..

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:11 - Apr 22 with 2256 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:06 - Apr 22 by Swanseaman

We have worked on the defense and I think Carlos believed that we could play the way we did today and it would be the best way to play.. He got it way wrong...

You've no idea whether it was 'way wrong'.

If we'd attacked them we may have lost by more. We may not. No one knows.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:16 - Apr 22 with 2238 viewsMrSwerve

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:11 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

Gotta love the Planet Swans hindsight.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:21 - Apr 22 with 2214 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:16 - Apr 22 by MrSwerve

Gotta love the Planet Swans hindsight.

More fortune telling on this thread than there was in the Gwyn Hall last night.

Same accuracy as well I suspect.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:24 - Apr 22 with 2199 viewsdobjack2

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:06 - Apr 22 by Swanseaman

All we can say is that it didn’t work.

With the squad that he has been given there is no evidence that different tactics would have resulted in a different outcome.

Similar position to the one Clement found himself in last season, his solution was playing for set pieces because our midfield was so nondescript.

Fast forward one year and the midfield is if anything worse and another poor summer window means the other gaps in the squad were not filled either.

Silk purses and sow’s Ears spring to mind and there are few managers who can work that miracle over a season
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:32 - Apr 22 with 2170 viewsploppy

Most disappointing for me was when we did manage to get the ball, we couldn't hold on to it for longer than a couple of passes. Even when we were PL newcomers, we could hang on to the ball. We didn't try and play out from the back at all. What's the point giving the ball back to Fabianski if all he's going to do is lump it upfield. His obsession with launching the ball towards Naughton on the touchline is starting to piss me off as well. More often than not it ends up in touch. Everyone was poor today but I thought Carroll was particularly bad.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:35 - Apr 22 with 2156 viewspencoedjack

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:50 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

Everton is key for them. Let's hope they don't win.

Arsenal at home as well

Hopefully as it’s Wengers last game the gooners will turn up
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:42 - Apr 22 with 2136 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:35 - Apr 22 by pencoedjack

Arsenal at home as well

Hopefully as it’s Wengers last game the gooners will turn up

Southampton don't have Arsenal? They have Bournemouth, Everton, us and Man City.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 21:02 - Apr 22 with 2062 viewspencoedjack

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:42 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

Southampton don't have Arsenal? They have Bournemouth, Everton, us and Man City.

Sorry Huddersfield have Arsenal at home last game & they are also playing Everton ( & Man City)
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 21:43 - Apr 22 with 1966 viewsSwanseaman

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:11 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

There is some evidence that we have done better pressing higher up, when we switched tactic against Man Utd and did better for it. Plus our better results against the top teams have been when we have gone at them.

But like you say, we could have lost by more, it's just my opinion really :)

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:50 - Apr 22 with 1846 viewsjackrabbit

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:19 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

That's because our players aren't really any good any longer. Anyone that's good we sell.

Absolutely spot-on. No matter how good City were today - and they were sublime - we had players throughout the team, that profess to be top-class Premier League professionals who couldn't complete a 10 yard pass. We need a massive clear out and injection of real quality. We are hopeless.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 23:13 - Apr 22 with 1814 viewsRevJames

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:24 - Apr 22 by monmouth

Seriously, just forget it. We just took today off. 5-0 is a blessing, it really could have been as many as they wanted. I’m going to jet wash the stonework, finish this bottle and stay well away from the media for a few days. Get our breath back and let’s give Chelsea a f*cking game.

Hand on heart, can you really see that happening though?

The lack of commitment, no fight. just standing off players, lack of awareness was just utterly shameful.

The penalty - six of our players were outside the area watching the ball rebound off the post while 4 Man City players followed up for the goal.

If we need a result against Southampton, regardless of today, with all the optimism in the world, it's hard to see us getting anything from that or Stoke
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 23:51 - Apr 22 with 1763 viewsA_Fans_Dad

There was one good thing that came out of today.
No further Injuries, unless FF crocked himself in that tackle.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 00:45 - Apr 23 with 1713 viewsairedale

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 23:51 - Apr 22 by A_Fans_Dad

There was one good thing that came out of today.
No further Injuries, unless FF crocked himself in that tackle.

And we win our last games and finish half way up the table.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:08 - Apr 23 with 1543 viewsSTID2017

All those brilliant Swans supporters who attended yesterday should be refunded all their costs by the players

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:46 - May 5 with 1359 viewsDarran

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:21 - Apr 22 by Darran

It wouldn’t surprise me if Southampton will be above us by the time we play them.

Well would you just look at that.

I’m right again.
[Post edited 5 May 2018 19:46]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:56 - May 5 with 1342 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:46 - May 5 by Darran

Well would you just look at that.

I’m right again.
[Post edited 5 May 2018 19:46]

You usually are.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024