Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans prepared to sell Bony 19:31 - Apr 18 with 10777 viewsLandore_Jack

Swansea City prepared to sell Wilfried Bony as £12m striker reportedly offered to Turkish giants Fenerbache.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-prepared

#backtojack

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 11:10 - Apr 19 with 2582 viewsE20Jack

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 06:42 - Apr 19 by pikeypaul

And on the form he's shown the last 2 to 3 years he would score about 5 in 30 .

Most with 1/2 a brain could see he was a desperate buy and sure to fail which he has.

I am sure you understand what point you were making there at least, as it sure has little to do with the point I made.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 11:15 - Apr 19 with 2577 viewsE20Jack

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 11:08 - Apr 19 by magicdaps10

Some options out there

Sebastien Haller
Karl Toko Ekambi
Wout Weghorst
Raphael Dwamena

If we get rid of Wilf and use the money on a good replacement and bring in a free agent like Bakohen or Borja Iglesias then I would be impressed.

How often do you watch the Swiss Superleague then?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 11:21 - Apr 19 with 2567 viewsDarran

For whatever reason and it’s not his fault he picked up a serious injury his signing has been a disaster. He hasn’t looked fit,he was out for several weeks with another injury and some people say he’ll never fully recover from having malaria.
Get rid now.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 11:54 - Apr 19 with 2539 viewsmagicdaps10

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 11:15 - Apr 19 by E20Jack

How often do you watch the Swiss Superleague then?

Occasionally.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 11:55 - Apr 19 with 2534 viewsSwanjaxs

Would be lucky to get 6m tbh, very lucky ...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 12:05 - Apr 19 with 2518 viewsBarryTownSwam

Doubt we paid £12m outright for Bony. Didn’t Man City owe us money from his original transfer? Probably written off what we were owed by us resigning him and getting him off their wage bill. Personally I think a fit Bony is worth persevering with, he looked good on the occasions he played unhindered by injury.

To me, it looks like our club has put down some kind of transfer strategy and trying to do deals early ! Surely the money men can see where the club wasted money in the past and have an inkling how to solve things (reduce the wasted millions on players). Losing one Bony wages = wages for two or three new signings ? I suspect Carlos may wish to have a look at the players out on loan in preseason, who knows, maybe he can rejuvenate a few of the potential gems in our midst ?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 12:07]
Swans prepared to sell Bony on 14:38 - Apr 19 with 2449 viewsbyron

You won’t get diddly for him at that age and how many games has he played in the last 3 years?
Hardly any. Is it true he’s on 85k a week too? For another year?

Benny

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 14:42 - Apr 19 with 2447 viewsicecoldjack

Can't see many willing to pay £12m for a 47 yr old !!

Fitness is the key for Bony, if he can get a full pre season and start off well with us then great, if not he could well become our version of Jimmy Bullard and bleed us dry for the next 2 yrs.

I haven't given up hope for Wilf just yet though .
Login to get fewer ads

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 14:49 - Apr 19 with 2438 viewsJoe_bradshaw

He was taking the Swans to court And conveniently dropped the case when we signed him wasn't he?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 15:41 - Apr 19 with 2409 viewsTheKirkyLife

All I'm going to say is Vincent Janssen. Not all Dutch top scorers are going to work out well. Bony was a lucky pick. Mind you if we are confident in the Ayew brothers being our front force then I guess a punt on someone akin to Haller wouldn't be a bad thing.
Swans prepared to sell Bony on 16:40 - Apr 19 with 2371 viewsJokeren1943

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 15:41 - Apr 19 by TheKirkyLife

All I'm going to say is Vincent Janssen. Not all Dutch top scorers are going to work out well. Bony was a lucky pick. Mind you if we are confident in the Ayew brothers being our front force then I guess a punt on someone akin to Haller wouldn't be a bad thing.

Bony is an outstanding PL striker. His problem is not about his talent.

It is his injurys
Swans prepared to sell Bony on 17:12 - Apr 19 with 2341 viewsLeonWasGod

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 15:41 - Apr 19 by TheKirkyLife

I’m not confident in the Ayew brothers being our main striking force. They’re ok, but we should look to improve if we can. They’re steady eddies and score at the rate of a decent winger at best, and always have done that won’t change. That’s not to say either are a bad player, but with only 7 league goals so far from Jordan he may well end up our lowest top scorer in the PL. We either need to find a way to get more from these 2, and/or more from the rest of the team, or preferably someone new who can put these chances away that we keep missing. We’ had a better year defensively this year, but have been let down by a lack of goals. It’s why we’re fighting relegation.

24 goals from Siggy and The Wardrobe last year. Only 12 from Jordan/Tammy so far this year with only 4 games left. Only 15 from all of our attacking players invluding wingers (injury/Andre joining in Jan obviously affects that, but still that’s p1ss poor).
Swans prepared to sell Bony on 17:53 - Apr 19 with 2312 viewsomarjack

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 17:12 - Apr 19 by LeonWasGod

I’m not confident in the Ayew brothers being our main striking force. They’re ok, but we should look to improve if we can. They’re steady eddies and score at the rate of a decent winger at best, and always have done that won’t change. That’s not to say either are a bad player, but with only 7 league goals so far from Jordan he may well end up our lowest top scorer in the PL. We either need to find a way to get more from these 2, and/or more from the rest of the team, or preferably someone new who can put these chances away that we keep missing. We’ had a better year defensively this year, but have been let down by a lack of goals. It’s why we’re fighting relegation.

24 goals from Siggy and The Wardrobe last year. Only 12 from Jordan/Tammy so far this year with only 4 games left. Only 15 from all of our attacking players invluding wingers (injury/Andre joining in Jan obviously affects that, but still that’s p1ss poor).

our problem this season has been the lack of an attacking midfielder/winger type of player. not centre forwards.
The Ayew brothers backed by Mcburnie and a fit Bony are enough.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 19:02 - Apr 19 with 2267 viewsLeonWasGod

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 17:53 - Apr 19 by omarjack

our problem this season has been the lack of an attacking midfielder/winger type of player. not centre forwards.
The Ayew brothers backed by Mcburnie and a fit Bony are enough.

That’s just it. The Ayews supporting a decent striker leading the line, fine. We’ve then got a threat across the front. They Ayews as the sole attack force not so good. We’re just about getting away with Jordan leading the line because of our decent defensive record. Our midfield is having a poor year but I think that’s partly because they sit deep because the wingbacks are committed forward. So the front 2 bear a lot of the responsibility for getting the goals.
Swans prepared to sell Bony on 19:07 - Apr 19 with 2261 viewsPhil_S

Said it at the time had we spent £12m at any time on a striker who had failed to play much on loan at stoke and barely for three years anywhere we’d have been largely incredulous

But because it was Bony people got excited

Great signing first time, file second time under another one of our poor signings in recent times
Swans prepared to sell Bony on 19:37 - Apr 19 with 2233 viewslonglostjack

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 19:07 - Apr 19 by Phil_S

Said it at the time had we spent £12m at any time on a striker who had failed to play much on loan at stoke and barely for three years anywhere we’d have been largely incredulous

Great signing first time, file second time under another one of our poor signings in recent times

I suspect that his signing had a lot to do with desperation and appeasing the fans at the time, having lost Gylfi and Llorente at "short" notice. Clement: "I can get Sanches" Huw: "I'll get Bony back too - there - we're sorted Paul"
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 19:38]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 19:40 - Apr 19 with 2225 viewsGaryjack

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 19:07 - Apr 19 by Phil_S

I was slated by many on here for saying it was a disastrous signing. I got loads of down arrows from some people who i regarded as friends, which obviously hurt myself and my family a great deal. Therefore, could those responsible please up arrow this post so that we can redress the balance, and to help with the healing process for the distress it has caused.

Thank you.
Swans prepared to sell Bony on 19:50 - Apr 19 with 2213 viewsFlashberryjack

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 19:40 - Apr 19 by Garyjack

I was slated by many on here for saying it was a disastrous signing. I got loads of down arrows from some people who i regarded as friends, which obviously hurt myself and my family a great deal. Therefore, could those responsible please up arrow this post so that we can redress the balance, and to help with the healing process for the distress it has caused.

Thank you.

Have to confess I felt Bony would be a good signing.....can't remember if I gave you a down arrow though, if I did, please accept my sincere apologies and an up arrow as a gesture of our friendship.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 19:55 - Apr 19 with 2209 viewsnantywatcher

Thank you.

and me Garyjack, oh the sleepless nights.
The utterly amazing thing about this thread is that there are posters on here who think he could still do a job next season.
People! he will not!
We should never have paid more than £2/3 mill for him and we will be very lucky to get even some of that figure back.
Wilf is finished as a top player, which is a crying shame for someone who is, I am told, a really good guy.
We have to bite the bullet an move on.
Swans prepared to sell Bony on 20:18 - Apr 19 with 2187 viewsGlyn1

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 06:42 - Apr 19 by pikeypaul

And on the form he's shown the last 2 to 3 years he would score about 5 in 30 .

Most with 1/2 a brain could see he was a desperate buy and sure to fail which he has.

He didn't "fail", he got a bad injury, which no-one can be blamed for. It's just bad luck. I think he scored a couple of goals for us, so if he hadn't been injured and had scored another 3 or 4 we'd be safe by now.

We're the joint lowest goalscorers in the division, so buying Bony was a good decision.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 20:53 - Apr 19 with 2146 viewsRancid

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 05:50 - Apr 19 by E20Jack

15 in 29 in that league is not a great strike rate considering the level we want him to step up to.

Bony scored 31 in 30 in that league in the year we signed him.

Well he's the top scorer in the league playing for one of the lesser sides in Holland and 1 in 2 is what any striker will strive to achieve.He'll be cheapish and knows where the goal is and only 25 so I think he's he type of player that would interest us.I'm reading 25 goals in 35 games with 9 assists in all competitions.

That's a player worth looking at imo.
Swans prepared to sell Bony on 21:42 - Apr 19 with 2096 viewsGaryjack

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 19:50 - Apr 19 by Flashberryjack

Have to confess I felt Bony would be a good signing.....can't remember if I gave you a down arrow though, if I did, please accept my sincere apologies and an up arrow as a gesture of our friendship.

Thank you Flash. But you weren't one of those that down arrowed me. I logged every single one of them. It cut me to the quick, and that's no lie.
Swans prepared to sell Bony on 22:50 - Apr 19 with 2040 viewsLeonWasGod

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 20:18 - Apr 19 by Glyn1

He didn't "fail", he got a bad injury, which no-one can be blamed for. It's just bad luck. I think he scored a couple of goals for us, so if he hadn't been injured and had scored another 3 or 4 we'd be safe by now.

We're the joint lowest goalscorers in the division, so buying Bony was a good decision.

In hindsight it was a terrible decision. But I can see why they took the risk.
Swans prepared to sell Bony on 00:11 - Apr 20 with 1999 viewsGlyn1

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 21:42 - Apr 19 by Garyjack

Thank you Flash. But you weren't one of those that down arrowed me. I logged every single one of them. It cut me to the quick, and that's no lie.

Er, isn't that what an arrow is supposed to do?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Swans prepared to sell Bony on 00:33 - Apr 20 with 1985 viewsSwanjaxs

Thank you.

I remember said post and stated it was the next car crash signing, also said who would pay 12 million big ones for a player who had started 15 games in 18 months (thanks Huw 👍) ..... anyway have ^ arrowed you my friend

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024