Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Planet Swans BBQ thread 17:34 - Apr 19 with 5869 viewsMrSwerve

Anyone had them out this week? What's you're fave things to throw on the barby?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 20:38 - Apr 19 with 1637 viewsHighjack

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 19:56 - Apr 19 by DJack

Yeah, Bow is gipping..

Disgusting stuff

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 20:49 - Apr 19 with 1621 viewsBrynCartwright

Anyone tried "can up the ass chicken"?

You sup half a can of your favourite beverage, ram it up the chicken's arse cavity, then cook it upright on indirect heat in a covered barbecue for about an hour.

The beer steams the bird from the inside out and it is is absolutely fantastic.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 21:03 - Apr 19 with 1604 viewsHighjack

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 20:49 - Apr 19 by BrynCartwright

You sup half a can of your favourite beverage, ram it up the chicken's arse cavity, then cook it upright on indirect heat in a covered barbecue for about an hour.

I did try that once, it wasn’t very nice, but then I learned it’s apparently better if the chicken is dead and plucked first.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 21:05 - Apr 19 with 1600 viewsDJack

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 21:03 - Apr 19 by Highjack

I did try that once, it wasn’t very nice, but then I learned it’s apparently better if the chicken is dead and plucked first.

...and let me guess, the can wasn't up the chickens arse.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 08:45 - Apr 20 with 1507 viewsBanosswan

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 21:05 - Apr 19 by DJack

...and let me guess, the can wasn't up the chickens arse.

Exactly, doesn't work up your own.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 10:03 - Apr 20 with 1492 viewsswancity

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 18:03 - Apr 19 by lifelong

Asda do a fine sausage... 90% pork.

It's the other 10% I'd be more concerned about .

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 10:25 - Apr 20 with 1478 viewsLord_Bony

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 10:03 - Apr 20 by swancity

Trust me.

You wouldn’t want to know.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 11:59 - Apr 20 with 1457 viewslifelong

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 10:25 - Apr 20 by Lord_Bony

Trust me.

You wouldn’t want to know.

You can’t beat a bit of offal.
Login to get fewer ads

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 13:05 - Apr 20 with 1443 viewsBatterseajack

Got a pizza stone arriving in the post later today. Looking forward to knocking out pizzas on the grill this weekend.

Anyone tried smoking on their BBQs? Tried smoking a pork shoulder last year, low and slow for 8hrs with a charcoal snake method. Probably went a bit too heavy on the wood chips but the results were still delicious.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 14:55]
The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 13:37 - Apr 20 with 1423 viewsdickythorpe

Bananas wrapped in foil
The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 13:46 - Apr 20 with 1419 viewsHighjack

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 10:03 - Apr 20 by swancity

A lot of supermarkets pump their sausages/meat with added water so it weighs more and they can sell it for more.

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 14:04 - Apr 20 with 1410 viewsDr_Winston

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 13:05 - Apr 20 by Batterseajack

Got a pizza stone arriving in the post later today. Looking forward to knocking out pizzas on the grill this weekend.

Anyone tried smoking on their BBQs? Tried smoking a pork shoulder last year, low and slow for 8hrs with a charcoal snake method. Probably went a bit too heavy on the wood chips but the results were still delicious.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 14:55]

Guy next door to me has built his own wood fired pizza oven in the garden. We've already come to a pizza/homebrew trade agreement.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 14:48 - Apr 20 with 1385 viewsMrSwerve

Do people use charcoal or gas?

I'm old school and like to do it the 'proper' way with charcoal...I've never used a gas BBQ. It just sounds like a gas cooker outdoors to me...I know there are ways to get the smoke/flavour etc, but what are peoples opinions on here? I'd be willing to give gas a go if others have good stories.

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 14:55 - Apr 20 with 1379 viewsBatterseajack

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 14:04 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

Guy next door to me has built his own wood fired pizza oven in the garden. We've already come to a pizza/homebrew trade agreement.

Now your talking. My neighbour needs to step up
The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 15:01 - Apr 20 with 1374 viewsLord_Bony

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 14:48 - Apr 20 by MrSwerve

I'm old school and like to do it the 'proper' way with charcoal...I've never used a gas BBQ. It just sounds like a gas cooker outdoors to me...I know there are ways to get the smoke/flavour etc, but what are peoples opinions on here? I'd be willing to give gas a go if others have good stories.

I prefer to cook in the kitchen and eat alfresco.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 15:21 - Apr 20 with 1359 viewsBrynCartwright

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 14:48 - Apr 20 by MrSwerve

Have used both in my time, but far prefer charcoal. A bit messier and far more preparation, but somehow much more satisfying and authentic.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 15:43 - Apr 20 with 1349 viewsdickythorpe

Some of the worst food I've ever had a from BBQ's.
Very overrated and food poisoning so easy.
Steaks tasting of the petrol that comes on those charcoal bits and never cooking properly, chicken that gets colder the more you bite into it, corn on the cob going to waste, pork and sausages shrivelling up to nothing, burgers that taste like burnt toast.
Nah, not for me.
Did have a lovely jacket potato once though , but skin wasn't crispy.
The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 16:33 - Apr 20 with 1334 viewsHighjack

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 15:43 - Apr 20 by dickythorpe

Some of the worst food I've ever had a from BBQ's.
Very overrated and food poisoning so easy.
Steaks tasting of the petrol that comes on those charcoal bits and never cooking properly, chicken that gets colder the more you bite into it, corn on the cob going to waste, pork and sausages shrivelling up to nothing, burgers that taste like burnt toast.
Nah, not for me.
Did have a lovely jacket potato once though , but skin wasn't crispy.

That’s the result of some bell end who doesn’t know how to cook not waiting for the bbq to cool sufficiently before cooking. Most people will just chuck the food on straight out of the packet when the flames haven’t even died down.

As with any cooking, preparation and knowing what you’re doing goes a long long way.

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 17:16 - Apr 20 with 1316 viewsMrSwerve

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 16:33 - Apr 20 by Highjack

That’s the result of some bell end who doesn’t know how to cook not waiting for the bbq to cool sufficiently before cooking. Most people will just chuck the food on straight out of the packet when the flames haven’t even died down.

As with any cooking, preparation and knowing what you’re doing goes a long long way.

Indeed, barbecues are delicious but the person cooking has to know what they are doing.

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 17:21 - Apr 20 with 1310 viewsLoyal

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 20:49 - Apr 19 by BrynCartwright

I've steamed a few birds from the inside ...
And rammed a few things up the wife's arse cavity, but of course you expected this reply.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 17:27 - Apr 20 with 1308 viewsHighjack

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 17:16 - Apr 20 by MrSwerve

Indeed, barbecues are delicious but the person cooking has to know what they are doing.

Yeah and the quality of meat is important too, lots of people will go for the lean meat or the reduced fat version of meats but they are terrible quality for cooking in general especially bbq cooking.

Animal fats of course are very good for you when enjoyed sensibly as part of a rich and varied diet. Plus they taste amazing.

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 18:07 - Apr 20 with 1282 viewsDJack

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 17:27 - Apr 20 by Highjack

Yeah and the quality of meat is important too, lots of people will go for the lean meat or the reduced fat version of meats but they are terrible quality for cooking in general especially bbq cooking.

Animal fats of course are very good for you when enjoyed sensibly as part of a rich and varied diet. Plus they taste amazing.

Does the length of your colon affect how you prepare BBQ food?...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 18:08 - Apr 20 with 1279 viewsJackfath

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 18:07 - Apr 20 by DJack

Does the length of your colon affect how you prepare BBQ food?...

Depends on who you've invited to the BBQ I would have thought.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 18:11 - Apr 20 with 1278 viewsmax936

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 14:04 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

Home Brew you say !!!

Not a fan of Pizza's myself, but homebrew is another matter

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 18:14 - Apr 20 with 1275 viewsdickythorpe

The Planet Swans BBQ thread on 18:11 - Apr 20 by max936

Home Brew you say !!!

Not a fan of Pizza's myself, but homebrew is another matter

Good pint of Maltsmiths IPA on tap in the River House max.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024