Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Fans Confident 22:35 - Apr 19 with 5383 viewsTheResurrection

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?59733-Leicester-0-Saints-0-Post-Match
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 22:35]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Saints Fans Confident on 23:33 - Apr 19 with 3907 viewsFireboy2

Bored are we

Or is the little one asleep
Saints Fans Confident on 23:39 - Apr 19 with 3885 viewsTheResurrection

Saints Fans Confident on 23:33 - Apr 19 by Fireboy2

Bored are we

Or is the little one asleep

I was until you came along darling

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Saints Fans Confident on 23:53 - Apr 19 with 3837 viewsjackrabbit

I read the first page and agreed with the criticism of Hughes made by several posters. His replacing, instead of supplementing, Long with Austin was negative in the extreme. A draw was almost as bad as a loss for them so why not go for it ? It was reminiscent of Wales v Russia under Hughes years ago when he set up in Cardiff as if we were away in Moscow. The resulting bore fest stained his cv for ever in my estimation. I'm so glad he's never been linked with Swansea.
Saints Fans Confident on 23:57 - Apr 19 with 3820 viewsTheResurrection

Saints Fans Confident on 23:53 - Apr 19 by jackrabbit

I read the first page and agreed with the criticism of Hughes made by several posters. His replacing, instead of supplementing, Long with Austin was negative in the extreme. A draw was almost as bad as a loss for them so why not go for it ? It was reminiscent of Wales v Russia under Hughes years ago when he set up in Cardiff as if we were away in Moscow. The resulting bore fest stained his cv for ever in my estimation. I'm so glad he's never been linked with Swansea.

I'm not sure about that and was disagreeing with the Co-Commentator, whoever that was.

Soton just weren't in the game for the last half hour and couldn't move the ball up field at all. Therefore, it would've been pointless putting 2 strikers on, they'd never have had a kick.

Saints Fans Confident on 06:42 - Apr 20 with 3556 viewsjack247

Has anyone ever relegated two teams in the same season before?
Saints Fans Confident on 07:28 - Apr 20 with 3441 viewsSTID2017

One of those posts says the reason they won't get a win is because they aren't playing WBA.
Have they seen WBA the last two games ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Saints Fans Confident on 09:46 - Apr 20 with 3182 viewsDafyddHuw

IF we stay up - Long/Redmond anyone?

Neither for me, but I'm biased.
Saints Fans Confident on 10:00 - Apr 20 with 3136 viewsSTID2017

Saints Fans Confident on 09:46 - Apr 20 by DafyddHuw

Charlie Austin and Long for me.
Both know where the goal is and Austin will bring some steel to the side

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Saints Fans Confident on 10:36 - Apr 20 with 3084 viewsDr_Winston

Shane Long has scored just seven goals in the last two seasons, yet people on here always seem desperate to sign him. Absolutely no idea why.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Saints Fans Confident on 10:52 - Apr 20 with 3041 viewsUxbridge

Saints Fans Confident on 10:36 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

Shane Long has scored just seven goals in the last two seasons, yet people on here always seem desperate to sign him. Absolutely no idea why.

He runs.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Saints Fans Confident on 11:07 - Apr 20 with 3008 viewsomarjack

it's truly insane..not to forget he's 32 years old..we already have enough ageing players ffs..

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Saints Fans Confident on 11:08 - Apr 20 with 3006 viewsomarjack

Saints Fans Confident on 09:46 - Apr 20 by DafyddHuw

Redmond hasn't scored at all this season..I'd take Boufal over him.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Saints Fans Confident on 11:19 - Apr 20 with 2981 viewsAmbergambler

Saints Fans Confident on 11:08 - Apr 20 by omarjack

Redmond hasn't scored at all this season..I'd take Boufal over him.

It's like vultures picking over a carcass and they're not dead yet - unfortunately!

(and I'd go for Charlie Austin)
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 11:20]
Saints Fans Confident on 11:27 - Apr 20 with 2954 viewsjackjackjackjack

Saints Fans Confident on 11:19 - Apr 20 by Ambergambler

It's like vultures picking over a carcass and they're not dead yet - unfortunately!

(and I'd go for Charlie Austin)
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 11:20]

Turned us down to go to Southampton, for supposedly £100,000 a week. Can probably do better for that money.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Saints Fans Confident on 11:31 - Apr 20 with 2937 viewsLoyal

Saints Fans Confident on 11:07 - Apr 20 by omarjack

it's truly insane..not to forget he's 32 years old..we already have enough ageing players ffs..

Leave Bony out of this ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Saints Fans Confident on 11:49 - Apr 20 with 2905 viewsMrSwerve

I think he would have been a good option back when we got promoted, but not now.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Saints Fans Confident on 11:57 - Apr 20 with 2886 viewsLandore_Jack

1 win should see us through. I think Saints will survive and Huddersfield will drop.

#backtojack

Saints Fans Confident on 12:12 - Apr 20 with 2862 viewstheloneranger

Saints Fans Confident on 23:53 - Apr 19 by jackrabbit

Hughes has got something else on his CV now....

Only the second manager with Graham Sourness to lose 3 Premier League games against the same opponent in a single season.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Saints Fans Confident on 12:32 - Apr 20 with 2815 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Saints Fans Confident on 11:57 - Apr 20 by Landore_Jack

1 win should see us through. I think Saints will survive and Huddersfield will drop.

I don't see us and one other below us picking up enough points to drag teams above us down into it.

I believe WBA, Stoke are pretty much gone & the final place is between us & Southampton.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Saints Fans Confident on 12:37 - Apr 20 with 2796 viewspencoedjack

Saints Fans Confident on 12:32 - Apr 20 by AustinIsOurHero

I don't see us and one other below us picking up enough points to drag teams above us down into it.

I believe WBA, Stoke are pretty much gone & the final place is between us & Southampton.

If Huddersfield don't beat Everton at home Saturday week I'd include them in the mix (I think they will win)

Man City & Chelsea away followed by Arsenal at home.

That last minute winner was massive for them last week.
Saints Fans Confident on 13:02 - Apr 20 with 2710 viewsFireboy2

Saints Fans Confident on 23:39 - Apr 19 by TheResurrection

I was until you came along darling

Love you too
Saints Fans Confident on 13:06 - Apr 20 with 2695 viewsPhil_S

Saints Fans Confident on 12:32 - Apr 20 by AustinIsOurHero

Southampton have won once in the league since 26th November

They are a dreadful side, devoid of confidence and belief under a manager who clearly is too cautious for his own good

There is no way they will pick up the points to catch us
Saints Fans Confident on 13:20 - Apr 20 with 2653 viewsswanforthemoney

Saints Fans Confident on 13:06 - Apr 20 by Phil_S

They are a dreadful side, devoid of confidence and belief under a manager who clearly is too cautious for his own good

i can hardly believe that statistic, given the quality they have in the squad. Just goes to show the importance of the manager/coaches over the quality of the playing staff.

I stand in the North Stand

Saints Fans Confident on 13:33 - Apr 20 with 2606 viewsjack247

Saints Fans Confident on 13:06 - Apr 20 by Phil_S

A lot of people are struggling with this, presumably because they’ve been a good side for the last few years.

Southampton are shit
Saints Fans Confident on 13:44 - Apr 20 with 2583 viewsDr_Winston

Saints Fans Confident on 13:33 - Apr 20 by jack247

A lot of people are struggling with this, presumably because they’ve been a good side for the last few years.

Southampton are shit

Their performances seem to have improved a bit under Hughes, although results haven't really. Tally that with the inherent pessimism to be found in these parts and you have your answer.

Things would have been easier if we'd taken our chances against Everton, but we're still very much in the driving seat for safety barring a disaster (like Jordan Ayew getting crocked/sent off again).

Bottom line is our home form is good enough to take points in all our remaining games there.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024