Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... 17:49 - Apr 21 with 5832 viewsSwanseaman

I don't think we have a much chance of even getting a draw tomorrow, but if we go on the defensive and 'park the bus' we will definitely get ripped to shreds.

Parking the bus will be the absolute worse tactic to use against man City. let them have plenty of time and space on the ball and we will get a hammered.

If we throw cation to the wind, and go for it, that could surprise them and is our best chance.

We may as well go flat out, don't give them any space, and keep on pressing, getting in their faces. They really don't like teams that go at them and try to win. But they love playing teams who try and defend, that is their perfect scenario.

So I'm just hoping we don't try and park the bus. They have the title already , so if we go for it and get a sneaky goal in, that is the best chance we have..

I expect to lose by 2 or 3 goals tomorrow though (even if we do go for it e have slim chance), would be amazed if we could get a draw..

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:43 - Apr 21 with 3448 viewsSwanseaman

Good video of Man City fans when Man Utd parked the bus.

A mention of Swansea at 5min 54sec, and the Park the bus song at 7min 42sec:

[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 19:46]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 21:02 - Apr 21 with 3391 viewsSwanseaman

I just found a very similar post to mine. The poster and others replying think our best chance is to press high and that teams who have done this do best against man City.

I hope that Carlos is also thinking similar and can get our players right up for this one.

By rights we shouldn't be able to compete with them at the Etihad, But we could try and pull off a complete surprise attack.

If we hit them from left right and center, all guns blazing, get loads of balls in the box, and get some great connections to each ball in. Not miss by 2 inches or almost there, getting onto the crosses perfectly while being one step ahead.

Yes Man City have amazing players and will probably beat us, but when a team can get really up for a game, so much so that they are willing to run through walls and become like men possessed, that can really worry any team no matter how good they are.

I think that we could def pull off a surprise tactic tomorrow if the players go full out, attack from all angles, show no fear but keep cool heads, and stay one step ahead, YES we have a chance for sure...

Link to similar post here: https://www.scfc2.co.uk/forums/discussion/1274/match-discussion-manchester-city- By wyn 'I'd like to see us go for a high press early doors on Sunday. If we attempt to park the bus for 90 minutes Citeh have the guile to unpick our defence sooner or later - probably sooner. But they have shown some vulnerability against teams that close them down high up the pitch. Liverpool succeeded of course, but Palace also managed a 0-0 draw (should have been a win, with Milivojevic missing a penalty in injury time) playing with a high press. If Palace can manage it in the middle of the Xmas fixtures, why not us? Especially with the Ayew brothers' work ethic and our squad's lesser fatigue compared to most Citeh players.

We've been very unlucky at the Etihad in recent years (remember that flukey late winner off Iheanacho's back?) - perhaps now's our chance against a team that doesn't need the points. Chances are we'll lose regardless of how we approach the game - but a spirited display will sustain the belief in players and fans alike, whereas if we play as we did first half against United it will be all doom and gloom going forwards. '

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 21:28 - Apr 21 with 3370 viewsTheResurrection

To the OP don't be so facking stupid. You mix it with Man City you get mullered. No questions asked.

Just look at what that tvvat Clement did, for like the 1 game in his whole Swans tenure, he went 442. We were rightfully battered.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 21:35 - Apr 21 with 3361 viewsSwanseaman

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 21:28 - Apr 21 by TheResurrection

To the OP don't be so facking stupid. You mix it with Man City you get mullered. No questions asked.

Just look at what that tvvat Clement did, for like the 1 game in his whole Swans tenure, he went 442. We were rightfully battered.

So you think we won't get mullered if we go defensive?

I guarantee you we will get double mullered if we park the bus

DOUBLE MULLERED IF WE PARK THE BUS.

Do you think we wont, do you actually think that's how we could maybe get a draw?

Clement did quite well against Man City, possible the best he could have done..

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 21:44 - Apr 21 with 3345 viewsunion_jack

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 21:35 - Apr 21 by Swanseaman

So you think we won't get mullered if we go defensive?

I guarantee you we will get double mullered if we park the bus

DOUBLE MULLERED IF WE PARK THE BUS.

Do you think we wont, do you actually think that's how we could maybe get a draw?

Clement did quite well against Man City, possible the best he could have done..

we won't go toe-to-toe with them. We'll try and contain them but we'll be extremely lucky to get anything tomorrow. We'll have to be at the best we've been all season and they'll need to be at a very low low! Not negative, just how it is. It's the other 4 games where we need to gather the required points.

That said, nothing is impossible😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 22:13 - Apr 21 with 3309 viewsSwanseaman

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 21:44 - Apr 21 by union_jack

we won't go toe-to-toe with them. We'll try and contain them but we'll be extremely lucky to get anything tomorrow. We'll have to be at the best we've been all season and they'll need to be at a very low low! Not negative, just how it is. It's the other 4 games where we need to gather the required points.

That said, nothing is impossible😄

Good post union_jack. I agree that whatever we do, even if we play like men possessed, and what ever tactic we try, we will most likely get beaten by 2 or 3 goals.

But I do think that our best chance is to not sit back, that is the worst tactic to use against them. We need to get in their faces, try not to give them any space and go for it as much as possible. That seems their weakness (their Achilles heel), Crystal Palace almost beat them by getting at them.

I say to just go for it, we have absolutely nothing to lose by doing so and I think we would do far far better than we could ever do if we sat back and tried to play the defensive game (that would be playing into their hands).
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 22:27]

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 22:25 - Apr 21 with 3292 viewsunion_jack

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 22:13 - Apr 21 by Swanseaman

Good post union_jack. I agree that whatever we do, even if we play like men possessed, and what ever tactic we try, we will most likely get beaten by 2 or 3 goals.

But I do think that our best chance is to not sit back, that is the worst tactic to use against them. We need to get in their faces, try not to give them any space and go for it as much as possible. That seems their weakness (their Achilles heel), Crystal Palace almost beat them by getting at them.

I say to just go for it, we have absolutely nothing to lose by doing so and I think we would do far far better than we could ever do if we sat back and tried to play the defensive game (that would be playing into their hands).
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 22:27]

I'll say this. Whatever style we play, by the final whistle we'll all be saying we should have approached it differently. Probably!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 22:36 - Apr 21 with 3278 viewsSwanseaman

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 22:25 - Apr 21 by union_jack

I'll say this. Whatever style we play, by the final whistle we'll all be saying we should have approached it differently. Probably!

I agree with that.

I just hope our players can give 100% and go for it as much as possible. If Mourinho couldn't beat them at Old Trafford by parking the bus, we would have absolutely no chance of trying to pull that off.

We tried it at the Liberty against Spurs and got done 0-3, and it would be worse against Man City.

In the Eriksen interview he said that Swansea always give him lots of space. If we give Man City lots of space tomorrow we'll have no chance..

At 18 seconds here:

[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 22:37]

Login to get fewer ads

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 22:40 - Apr 21 with 3268 viewsDippy

Our best chance is that usual 10 second window where they have lapses.. every lapse, we need to be onto them like rabid dogs, and attempt to muster some opportunities..

High press won't work, parking the bus without any forward motion won't work.. the only hope will be relying on City to lose concentration, and pounce when the time is right.. even if we do pounce, we need to be clinical in the final 3rd.

People are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think we can match them at the press, go toe to toe, or sit back like Huddersfield 0-0.

The 10 second window of opportunity is our only chance.. they'll switch off, leave a gap, and we'll have to take control of that space, if we just let them recuperate the ball without exploiting their only weakness, it'll be a long afternoon.

I have watched so many Pep teams.. and the weakness has always been the same, his teams have lapses, and leave a lot of space to be attacked.. sometimes they can go a bit overboard, and if we can spot the spaces early, they'll go much more conservative on us, we'll still probably lose, but if we can play smart, we can walk away with a 2-0 defeat.

Poll: Cooper Out

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 22:43 - Apr 21 with 3263 viewsSTID2017

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 22:25 - Apr 21 by union_jack

I'll say this.
No wrong opinions on here - just different ones.
Shame some can't respect that and and start with their usual name calling.
Trouble is, The Res always thinks he's right and can't accept that others think differently.
Personally, if we try to keep it tight at the back, whilst having a go, then who knows ? As long as we don't get hammered.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 23:14 - Apr 21 with 3234 viewsSwanseaman

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 22:40 - Apr 21 by Dippy

Our best chance is that usual 10 second window where they have lapses.. every lapse, we need to be onto them like rabid dogs, and attempt to muster some opportunities..

High press won't work, parking the bus without any forward motion won't work.. the only hope will be relying on City to lose concentration, and pounce when the time is right.. even if we do pounce, we need to be clinical in the final 3rd.

People are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think we can match them at the press, go toe to toe, or sit back like Huddersfield 0-0.

The 10 second window of opportunity is our only chance.. they'll switch off, leave a gap, and we'll have to take control of that space, if we just let them recuperate the ball without exploiting their only weakness, it'll be a long afternoon.

I have watched so many Pep teams.. and the weakness has always been the same, his teams have lapses, and leave a lot of space to be attacked.. sometimes they can go a bit overboard, and if we can spot the spaces early, they'll go much more conservative on us, we'll still probably lose, but if we can play smart, we can walk away with a 2-0 defeat.

Good post Dippy.

Man City do switch off and they usually let in a goal, often 2 or more. But they also go on and score more to win.

When you say that 'people are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think we can match them at the press, go toe to toe, or sit back like Huddersfield 0-0.'

For me I don't think that if we go toe to toe we will win, I think whatever we do we will probably lose. But I do think our best chance is to get at them, be on them constantly and don't give them a second to breath.

This I believe is our best possible chance to get a draw. They have just won the prem so we may get more moments of them turning off than usual. If we get right at them and right in their faces, they won't be expecting it. They will probably be expecting an easy game, expecting us to sit back and give them space. If we could do the unexpected, make their players have to put in a huge amount of effort (which they won't be expecting) to compete with us, there is a slim chance that we could maybe get a draw.

we still need to keep the defense as tight as we can, keep pressing them and not allowing them to have much space. Then as you say, we need to look out for their lapses of concentration and strike with pace and accuracy.

I just keep thinking that we could surprise them tomorrow and get something..

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 23:15 - Apr 21 with 3230 viewsTheResurrection

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 22:43 - Apr 21 by STID2017

I'll say this.
No wrong opinions on here - just different ones.
Shame some can't respect that and and start with their usual name calling.
Trouble is, The Res always thinks he's right and can't accept that others think differently.
Personally, if we try to keep it tight at the back, whilst having a go, then who knows ? As long as we don't get hammered.

Clueless kunt MkII is along...

We park the bus, we stay in shape, we utilise the deep block and we get out conservatively and with purpose when we can.

That's the tactic, that's the only tactic and any other tactic is basically a joke.

Muppet.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 23:20 - Apr 21 with 3220 viewsSwanseaman

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 23:15 - Apr 21 by TheResurrection

Clueless kunt MkII is along...

We park the bus, we stay in shape, we utilise the deep block and we get out conservatively and with purpose when we can.

That's the tactic, that's the only tactic and any other tactic is basically a joke.

Muppet.

UH? If we Park the Bus then 'get out conservatively and with purpose when we can.' We will be 4-0 down within 20 minutes

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 23:33 - Apr 21 with 3202 viewsSwanseaman

Man City play at their best against teams who sit back, who go defensive, and who park the bus. We need to do the same as Crystal Palace and Liverpool. If Man City aren't quite at 100% and if we play out of our skins, by going toe to toe while keeping the defense as tight as possible we could have a chance. We need every player willing to sprint back and defend when any of our attacks fail, that is the only chance we have of getting anything.

If we park the bus against a Man City side that has just won the Prem, if we give them loads of space and invite them onto us, it will become target practice for them, expect a cricket match score against us if we do this..

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 23:54 - Apr 21 with 3175 viewsTheResurrection

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 23:33 - Apr 21 by Swanseaman

Man City play at their best against teams who sit back, who go defensive, and who park the bus. We need to do the same as Crystal Palace and Liverpool. If Man City aren't quite at 100% and if we play out of our skins, by going toe to toe while keeping the defense as tight as possible we could have a chance. We need every player willing to sprint back and defend when any of our attacks fail, that is the only chance we have of getting anything.

If we park the bus against a Man City side that has just won the Prem, if we give them loads of space and invite them onto us, it will become target practice for them, expect a cricket match score against us if we do this..

Are you a young kid?

Football isn't a difficult game but there's a few blatantly obvious things most should be aware of.

Parking the bus or deploying a deep defensive block is denying them space, not facking giving it to them FFS.

Going toe to toe is though. This would suggest we take the game to the quickest thinking and most creative team on the planet right now. We'd be on the edge of their area the one second and 3 passes later it's 1-0. Man City will be begging us to do this as the spaces would open up for them.

Come on mate, this is elementary stuff FFS. Just think about Formula 1 cars in rush hour, not a slog fest between Mike Tyson and Elton John - or The Res and the Muppet SexuallyTransmittedIDisease2017.

Come on man!!!

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 00:05 - Apr 22 with 3152 viewsDippy

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 23:54 - Apr 21 by TheResurrection

Are you a young kid?

Football isn't a difficult game but there's a few blatantly obvious things most should be aware of.

Parking the bus or deploying a deep defensive block is denying them space, not facking giving it to them FFS.

Going toe to toe is though. This would suggest we take the game to the quickest thinking and most creative team on the planet right now. We'd be on the edge of their area the one second and 3 passes later it's 1-0. Man City will be begging us to do this as the spaces would open up for them.

Come on mate, this is elementary stuff FFS. Just think about Formula 1 cars in rush hour, not a slog fest between Mike Tyson and Elton John - or The Res and the Muppet SexuallyTransmittedIDisease2017.

Come on man!!!

They've been putting at least 3 past everyone.. including some of the world's best..

The only team that has really troubled them is Liverpools front 3.. who have scored something like 80+ goals between them this season..

Pressing high up the pitch is absolutely mental, unless you're Liverpool, because they are Liverpool.. I remember when Stoke went for the high press aggressive stuff.. they lost 7-2, it should've been about 15-2.. I don't think he understands that this is the best team in the world pound for pound, and one of the greatest..

They've literally had one bad week throughout a whole season.

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 00:06 - Apr 22 with 3153 viewsSwanseaman

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 23:54 - Apr 21 by TheResurrection

Are you a young kid?

Come on man!!!

WHAT!!

We do NOT have the quality to even attempt to park the bus against Man City. Do you honestly think we are better than Man Utd or something. They couldn't even get a park the bus result against them at Old trafford.

We did a very good job against a Huddersfield team than Carlos knew from the Championship. But up against Spurs, a team that was of higher quality, we got slammed at the Liberty, don't you remember this? We give them them loads of space, invited them onto us and gave them an easy win.

Man City would completely rip us to shreds if we tried to park the bus, you must know that?

You say this is elementary stuff, why are you acting like an idiot for?

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 00:16 - Apr 22 with 3144 viewsSwanseaman

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 00:05 - Apr 22 by Dippy

They've been putting at least 3 past everyone.. including some of the world's best..

The only team that has really troubled them is Liverpools front 3.. who have scored something like 80+ goals between them this season..

Pressing high up the pitch is absolutely mental, unless you're Liverpool, because they are Liverpool.. I remember when Stoke went for the high press aggressive stuff.. they lost 7-2, it should've been about 15-2.. I don't think he understands that this is the best team in the world pound for pound, and one of the greatest..

They've literally had one bad week throughout a whole season.

Are you saying that we should use the same tactics that we used against Spurs at the Liberty? Do you think we would do better against Man city (one of the best teams in the world) at their place using this same tactic?

I am worried that they will hammer us if we try that, that is my opinion. Crystal Palace almost got a win for not sitting back. I think our best chance is to go for it, we will still probably lose, but I'd prefer that to just let them have the ball for 95% of the possession and get slaughtered by them.

What do we have to lose by going for it, what do we have to lose by getting into them which they won't be expecting. We may lose by less goals, we may lose by more goals, or we could sneak a lucky draw. Sitting back is a definite loss with no chance of anything at all in my opinion..

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 00:26 - Apr 22 with 3130 viewsDippy

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 00:16 - Apr 22 by Swanseaman

Are you saying that we should use the same tactics that we used against Spurs at the Liberty? Do you think we would do better against Man city (one of the best teams in the world) at their place using this same tactic?

I am worried that they will hammer us if we try that, that is my opinion. Crystal Palace almost got a win for not sitting back. I think our best chance is to go for it, we will still probably lose, but I'd prefer that to just let them have the ball for 95% of the possession and get slaughtered by them.

What do we have to lose by going for it, what do we have to lose by getting into them which they won't be expecting. We may lose by less goals, we may lose by more goals, or we could sneak a lucky draw. Sitting back is a definite loss with no chance of anything at all in my opinion..

I don't know.. every team in Europe can't figure out how to get points against them.. the only team that have caused them problems is Liverpool.. and they do have the best attackers in Europe possibly..

The only way I can see us keeping the score down.. is utilising that lapse in concentration where their midfield leave spaces, and if we can exploit the spaces.. Man City will have to play more conservatively and passively.. which will hopefully keep the score down. I have seen Pep millions of times barking orders to their midfield to hold position, instead of drifting off.

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 00:56 - Apr 22 with 3108 viewsSwanseaman

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 00:26 - Apr 22 by Dippy

I don't know.. every team in Europe can't figure out how to get points against them.. the only team that have caused them problems is Liverpool.. and they do have the best attackers in Europe possibly..

The only way I can see us keeping the score down.. is utilising that lapse in concentration where their midfield leave spaces, and if we can exploit the spaces.. Man City will have to play more conservatively and passively.. which will hopefully keep the score down. I have seen Pep millions of times barking orders to their midfield to hold position, instead of drifting off.

I've just had a check on Man City home results and their last 2 losses against Liverpool and Man Utd they had the majority of the possession. That shows that there won't be much chance of us keeping the ball off them much at all. There is only a very slim chance of us even getting a draw as far as I can see.

Spurs a team that beat us at home, got more possession against them and it looks like they got punished for it (4-1). We will have to see what Carlos comes up with. But to have any chance we will need to try and counter-attack at the times they lose concentration, not just constantly sit back. Too much fear of them and we will have lost before the game has even started.

I'm not expecting anything from it really to be honest..

Man City 1-2 Liverpool
63 Possession %37

Manchester City 2-3 Manchester United
64.8 Possession % 35.2

Manchester City 4-1 Tottenham Hotspur
52.9 Possession % 47.1
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 1:08]

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 06:57 - Apr 22 with 3007 viewsdameedna

I can see us going for free kicks in their half. The one thing we do have is players with a good pressing attitude and a manager who has turned us into a team that creates.

We are unlucky in that first half against Everton and will get far less chances in this game.

Clucas is an important player so if fit we will be stronger than last game.

We have had a good second half to the season and the result in this game will be a bonus a low scoring loss included as a result.

No injuries would be a positive and no suslensions for our defenders or the Ayews.

This position is to die for.

Need 3 to 6 points for safety.

A point here would be unreal.

How Soton and Stoke have ended up where they are is a the biggest suprise I still think West Ham and Newcase are worse.

City have bad a good season. Lets hope they struggle to perform. Possible but unlikely.
Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 08:09 - Apr 22 with 2944 viewsTheResurrection

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 00:56 - Apr 22 by Swanseaman

I've just had a check on Man City home results and their last 2 losses against Liverpool and Man Utd they had the majority of the possession. That shows that there won't be much chance of us keeping the ball off them much at all. There is only a very slim chance of us even getting a draw as far as I can see.

Spurs a team that beat us at home, got more possession against them and it looks like they got punished for it (4-1). We will have to see what Carlos comes up with. But to have any chance we will need to try and counter-attack at the times they lose concentration, not just constantly sit back. Too much fear of them and we will have lost before the game has even started.

I'm not expecting anything from it really to be honest..

Man City 1-2 Liverpool
63 Possession %37

Manchester City 2-3 Manchester United
64.8 Possession % 35.2

Manchester City 4-1 Tottenham Hotspur
52.9 Possession % 47.1
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 1:08]

Mate, shut up mun FFS. This is embarrassing stuff. Take the game to Man City FFS....

I can't cope reading this shit any more.

What about Everton early season, what about Southampton when Pep had a go at Nathan Redmond, they were a minute away from a draw. What do you think Pep said to him, thanks Nath for your open, expansive game where we picked you off at will???!

We won't even have an option to attack FFS. They just get the ball back off you and they go again....!!!

We'll sit back and hope to frustrate. That's the only way today is going on matter how much you bleat on with your delusions of grandeur.

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 08:18 - Apr 22 with 2934 viewsSwanseaman

If we try to use the same tactics that we used against Huddersfield away and Spurs at home in the FA cup, we will get beaten by a huge margin. This is what I am talking about when I mention'parking the bus' for the entire game. When we did this, we basically stayed within our half, mainly the first 3rd, we just sat completely back and played for the draw. But we do not have the ability to play like this against Man City, no chance at all. They will find ways through our defense easily and without pressurizing them at all, it will become a bad loss.

We sat back against Man Utd for the 1st half and did terrible, in the 2nd half when we got at them a bit, we rattled them and we were a LOT better.

When Crystal Palace played higher up the pitch with high intensity, when they got in their faces and went for it, they almost won the game. Even Bristol City gave them a go and I think simple due to Man City not expecting this, when expecting an easy game they can be rattled.

Defend deep, defend in numbers, but pressure them as much as possible. Get at them, get in their faces, but keep cool heads (no silly tackles). Try our best to keep hold of the ball, don't just let them take target practice at us. And most importantly, keep going for the jugular, by attacking when possible and getting the ball into their box. They are vulnerable and do let in goals, so we need to at least try and exploit this. If we have every player sprinting back to defend whenever an attack fails, never know we could get something.

We definitely have a chance to lull them into a false sense of security. Give them a wall of honor, let them think that we will be easy and won't be going for. Be full of smiles and admiration, then once the game starts turn it around and play like men possessed. Get at them like they were never expecting it, go for every and any ball, while chase everything down and trying to keep some possession. we can park the bus to a degree but try to keep the ball, not give then much time or space, and keep trying our best to get into their box and score.

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 08:26 - Apr 22 with 2923 viewsTheResurrection

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 08:18 - Apr 22 by Swanseaman

If we try to use the same tactics that we used against Huddersfield away and Spurs at home in the FA cup, we will get beaten by a huge margin. This is what I am talking about when I mention'parking the bus' for the entire game. When we did this, we basically stayed within our half, mainly the first 3rd, we just sat completely back and played for the draw. But we do not have the ability to play like this against Man City, no chance at all. They will find ways through our defense easily and without pressurizing them at all, it will become a bad loss.

We sat back against Man Utd for the 1st half and did terrible, in the 2nd half when we got at them a bit, we rattled them and we were a LOT better.

When Crystal Palace played higher up the pitch with high intensity, when they got in their faces and went for it, they almost won the game. Even Bristol City gave them a go and I think simple due to Man City not expecting this, when expecting an easy game they can be rattled.

Defend deep, defend in numbers, but pressure them as much as possible. Get at them, get in their faces, but keep cool heads (no silly tackles). Try our best to keep hold of the ball, don't just let them take target practice at us. And most importantly, keep going for the jugular, by attacking when possible and getting the ball into their box. They are vulnerable and do let in goals, so we need to at least try and exploit this. If we have every player sprinting back to defend whenever an attack fails, never know we could get something.

We definitely have a chance to lull them into a false sense of security. Give them a wall of honor, let them think that we will be easy and won't be going for. Be full of smiles and admiration, then once the game starts turn it around and play like men possessed. Get at them like they were never expecting it, go for every and any ball, while chase everything down and trying to keep some possession. we can park the bus to a degree but try to keep the ball, not give then much time or space, and keep trying our best to get into their box and score.

You keep talking about Spurs in the Cup?? That's completely irrelevant. Carlos gave up for that game, it was the point where we wanted to come out of the competition. We were without our best players and other injuries. We didn't try and park the bus, we just didn't try.

You can use the Huddersfield game, that was purred over on Match of the Day, the art of defending they called it. You can use Spurs away as well, the same. You can look at Burnley getting a draw against them or quite a lot of teams that have come close by setting up a deep, defensive block and cutting out space for them - more commonly known these days as parking the bus.

That's what's going to happen. No more, no less. So if you're expecting anything else, then I'd go and do some gardening or whatever else it maybe that calms you down.

Enjoy your day.

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 08:26 - Apr 22 with 2922 viewsSwanseaman

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 08:09 - Apr 22 by TheResurrection

Mate, shut up mun FFS. This is embarrassing stuff. Take the game to Man City FFS....

I can't cope reading this shit any more.

What about Everton early season, what about Southampton when Pep had a go at Nathan Redmond, they were a minute away from a draw. What do you think Pep said to him, thanks Nath for your open, expansive game where we picked you off at will???!

We won't even have an option to attack FFS. They just get the ball back off you and they go again....!!!

We'll sit back and hope to frustrate. That's the only way today is going on matter how much you bleat on with your delusions of grandeur.

Why don't you shut up. I'm sick of your negative abusive, always criticizing other posters posts.

You just love to abuse other people, that's it, that's your enjoyment. Almost all of your posts include personal insults and turn into arguments.

So carry on abusing me and whoever else you decide to, because that's all you EVER do.

Definitely the MOST abusive, critical and negative poster here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024