Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... 17:49 - Apr 21 with 5831 viewsSwanseaman

I don't think we have a much chance of even getting a draw tomorrow, but if we go on the defensive and 'park the bus' we will definitely get ripped to shreds.

Parking the bus will be the absolute worse tactic to use against man City. let them have plenty of time and space on the ball and we will get a hammered.

If we throw cation to the wind, and go for it, that could surprise them and is our best chance.

We may as well go flat out, don't give them any space, and keep on pressing, getting in their faces. They really don't like teams that go at them and try to win. But they love playing teams who try and defend, that is their perfect scenario.

So I'm just hoping we don't try and park the bus. They have the title already , so if we go for it and get a sneaky goal in, that is the best chance we have..

I expect to lose by 2 or 3 goals tomorrow though (even if we do go for it e have slim chance), would be amazed if we could get a draw..

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 08:36 - Apr 22 with 1439 viewsSwanseaman

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 08:26 - Apr 22 by TheResurrection

You keep talking about Spurs in the Cup?? That's completely irrelevant. Carlos gave up for that game, it was the point where we wanted to come out of the competition. We were without our best players and other injuries. We didn't try and park the bus, we just didn't try.

You can use the Huddersfield game, that was purred over on Match of the Day, the art of defending they called it. You can use Spurs away as well, the same. You can look at Burnley getting a draw against them or quite a lot of teams that have come close by setting up a deep, defensive block and cutting out space for them - more commonly known these days as parking the bus.

That's what's going to happen. No more, no less. So if you're expecting anything else, then I'd go and do some gardening or whatever else it maybe that calms you down.

Enjoy your day.

Why is it that the majority of your posts consist of calling people out, saying they are all negative and critical, but when someone actually posts a positive post, you rip them to pieces and give them uncalled for abuse? Take a just look at yourself ffs.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 09:20 - Apr 22 with 1412 viewsmonmouth

Carlos has already said exactly how he expects it to pan out. They will have the ball, we will look to play when we have the ball for the minority of time. Man City will dictate how the game is played, not us. We have done well there sometimes over the years without getting just reward (three 2-1 losses two with last minute goals) by keeping things tight but playing football when we can. I hope for the same today.

I’m expecting a 4-0, however well we defend, simply because their weapons and pace are just on a different planet to us, but stranger things have happened. Bristol City should have beaten them at Etihad.

The other team that gave them trouble was Wigan. One of only two or three teams to beat them? I think you might find they parked the full double decker.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 09:48 - Apr 22 with 1380 viewsSTID2017

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 23:15 - Apr 21 by TheResurrection

Clueless kunt MkII is along...

We park the bus, we stay in shape, we utilise the deep block and we get out conservatively and with purpose when we can.

That's the tactic, that's the only tactic and any other tactic is basically a joke.

Muppet.

You are by far the most arrogant poster on here.
If Sir Alex, Klopp, Jose, Pep and 100 other of the best managers came on here and gave opinions that differed from yours, you'd still be so full of yourself that you would call them all clueless feckers and any opinion that differs from yours is a joke.
You are a very sad man who needs to learn a bit of humility, and to realise that other opinions are just as worthy as yours.
Enjoy the game.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 11:07 - Apr 22 with 1365 viewsLeonWasGod

Pessimistic buggers. 0-2 with two Naughton thunderbolts from 35 yards. You heard it here first
Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 11:40 - Apr 22 with 1346 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The key must be the mid field, that is where we need to press and the Ayew brothers need to be part of that.
I can't see us doing any good with Ki in the side because he won't tackle enough.
You have to try and reduce their space and time on the ball around the Penalty area as we know our defence is pretty solid.
One thing they are susceptible too is over the top balls to pacy players, unfortunately we no longer have any of those, so set pieces are probably our only hope.

Of course if we had a lenient Ref we could just kick the hell out of them, but that may just help those coming after us.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 11:42]
Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 12:27 - Apr 22 with 1332 viewsunion_jack

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 11:07 - Apr 22 by LeonWasGod

Pessimistic buggers. 0-2 with two Naughton thunderbolts from 35 yards. You heard it here first

Too true we heard it here first. You're the only one daft enough to suggest it🤣😉

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 18:18 - Apr 22 with 1272 viewsNeathJack

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 23:15 - Apr 21 by TheResurrection

Clueless kunt MkII is along...

We park the bus, we stay in shape, we utilise the deep block and we get out conservatively and with purpose when we can.

That's the tactic, that's the only tactic and any other tactic is basically a joke.

Muppet.

That went well.
Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 18:21 - Apr 22 with 1267 viewsLeonWasGod

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 12:27 - Apr 22 by union_jack

Too true we heard it here first. You're the only one daft enough to suggest it🤣😉

Still time .

But I'm ressessing. 4-4. 2 pile drivers each from Naughts & Olsson. 😂
Login to get fewer ads

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 18:57 - Apr 22 with 1241 viewsSwanseaman

Well they did exactly what I hoped they wouldn't. They parked the bus and played so deep, they just let Man City have tons of space. No effort to get at them and harass them at all, they looked frightened and hopeless from the start.

We would have probably lost whatever but at least to have gone out with a fight, not just lay down and wave the white flag.

This tactic that Carlos has drilled into the players should never be used ever again. We can play a lot better than this. That's the worst part for me, they were playing the way Carlos wanted them to for this game. I don't even think that he has them believing they could even get a draw, he had them playing to try and get beaten by the least number of goals that they could.

That's no way to approach a game. Even a conference team has to have some belief that they could get a freak result, belief that if they went and gave 100% effort they may get something. Where was the effort today? with zero belief they could never get anything, there was zero effort.

I hate teams playing for the draw, but that wasn't even playing for the draw. You can't just get men behind the ball and let the other team have all the possession. We were lucky not to lose by more in my opinion.

When Carlos sets his team up to go for it and get at them, we are a much better team. He really needs to quit this highly negative style of play, it is no good for us at all. Too much respect for the other team, and no belief that we can get any result is no way to approach games. I expected to lose, but the way we played today, I just hope he never does this again....

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 18:59 - Apr 22 with 1235 viewsBobby_Fischer

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 11:40 - Apr 22 by A_Fans_Dad

The key must be the mid field, that is where we need to press and the Ayew brothers need to be part of that.
I can't see us doing any good with Ki in the side because he won't tackle enough.
You have to try and reduce their space and time on the ball around the Penalty area as we know our defence is pretty solid.
One thing they are susceptible too is over the top balls to pacy players, unfortunately we no longer have any of those, so set pieces are probably our only hope.

Of course if we had a lenient Ref we could just kick the hell out of them, but that may just help those coming after us.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 11:42]

Ki is probably our best midfielder you clown.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:00 - Apr 22 with 1234 viewsLeonWasGod

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 18:57 - Apr 22 by Swanseaman

Well they did exactly what I hoped they wouldn't. They parked the bus and played so deep, they just let Man City have tons of space. No effort to get at them and harass them at all, they looked frightened and hopeless from the start.

We would have probably lost whatever but at least to have gone out with a fight, not just lay down and wave the white flag.

This tactic that Carlos has drilled into the players should never be used ever again. We can play a lot better than this. That's the worst part for me, they were playing the way Carlos wanted them to for this game. I don't even think that he has them believing they could even get a draw, he had them playing to try and get beaten by the least number of goals that they could.

That's no way to approach a game. Even a conference team has to have some belief that they could get a freak result, belief that if they went and gave 100% effort they may get something. Where was the effort today? with zero belief they could never get anything, there was zero effort.

I hate teams playing for the draw, but that wasn't even playing for the draw. You can't just get men behind the ball and let the other team have all the possession. We were lucky not to lose by more in my opinion.

When Carlos sets his team up to go for it and get at them, we are a much better team. He really needs to quit this highly negative style of play, it is no good for us at all. Too much respect for the other team, and no belief that we can get any result is no way to approach games. I expected to lose, but the way we played today, I just hope he never does this again....

Agree with all of that. You've got to be in it to win it, no matter how unlikely the odds.
Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:02 - Apr 22 with 1230 viewsmonmouth

To Swanseaman. Now the game’s over mate, I’m not sure they could have done better, even if they had a few grams of the best Colombian rammed up their exhausts.

Just forget it, four games to go. If we do that at Muff when we need points and lose, I will join your outrage.

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:04 - Apr 22 with 1224 viewsmonmouth

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 18:59 - Apr 22 by Bobby_Fischer

Ki is probably our best midfielder you clown.

Absolutely.

Not sure about him in the trenches for a backs to the wall mind.

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:07 - Apr 22 with 1217 viewsFireboy2

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:04 - Apr 22 by monmouth

Absolutely.

This

Today wasnt his sort of games but the next 4 will be
Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:10 - Apr 22 with 1211 viewsTheResurrection

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 18:18 - Apr 22 by NeathJack

That went well.

Nothing was going to go well. The clueless kunt from last night was suggesting taking the game to them. That would have been a cricket score.

Should've gone with my team, Naughton as the 3rd centre half as VdH was all over the shop first half and we could have done with more pace and energy in the back 3. The constant balls over the top exposed us time and time again.

Good to see Carlos giving Tammy a run on the flank though. He must still be reading my posts.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:13 - Apr 22 with 1201 viewsTheResurrection

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 18:57 - Apr 22 by Swanseaman

Do you honestly really believe the utter facking baboonery you right mate? I mean like FFS, really? Seriously how old are you? You are no more than 14 or 15 aren't you? Be honest.

You do realise that taking the game to then MEANS giving them space - not the other way around FFS.

Just get it in your thick skull they are world class and they have made the EPL a laughing stock. Actually the EPL themselves have made the EPL a laughing stock by allowing some clubs to be able to take the piss out of the rest financially.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:15 - Apr 22 with 1191 viewsTheResurrection

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:04 - Apr 22 by monmouth

Absolutely.

Just watch him for the rebounded penalty.

I'm sorry but that should be his last game for that alone!!!

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:16 - Apr 22 with 1189 viewsmonmouth

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:13 - Apr 22 by TheResurrection

Do you honestly really believe the utter facking baboonery you right mate? I mean like FFS, really? Seriously how old are you? You are no more than 14 or 15 aren't you? Be honest.

You do realise that taking the game to then MEANS giving them space - not the other way around FFS.

Just get it in your thick skull they are world class and they have made the EPL a laughing stock. Actually the EPL themselves have made the EPL a laughing stock by allowing some clubs to be able to take the piss out of the rest financially.

That last bit is so true. 800m isn’t it for our opponents today? There should be a handicap.

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:17 - Apr 22 with 1182 viewsmonmouth

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:15 - Apr 22 by TheResurrection

Just watch him for the rebounded penalty.

I'm sorry but that should be his last game for that alone!!!

I didn’t see. What did he do? Actually I can guess. Stood on the spot?

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:20 - Apr 22 with 1169 viewsSwanseaman

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:10 - Apr 22 by TheResurrection

Nothing was going to go well. The clueless kunt from last night was suggesting taking the game to them. That would have been a cricket score.

Should've gone with my team, Naughton as the 3rd centre half as VdH was all over the shop first half and we could have done with more pace and energy in the back 3. The constant balls over the top exposed us time and time again.

Good to see Carlos giving Tammy a run on the flank though. He must still be reading my posts.

You didn't even read anything I wrote, your only point of posting was to dish some abuse out.

I wrote that: 'Defend deep, defend in numbers, but pressure them as much as possible. Get at them, get in their faces, but keep cool heads (no silly tackles). '...

You just carry on name calling and abusing people, that's your enjoyment.

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:21 - Apr 22 with 1166 viewsTheResurrection

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:17 - Apr 22 by monmouth

I didn’t see. What did he do? Actually I can guess. Stood on the spot?

Watch it and if you ever want to see him in a Swans shirt again I will disown you ;-)

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:23 - Apr 22 with 1160 viewsTheResurrection

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:20 - Apr 22 by Swanseaman

You didn't even read anything I wrote, your only point of posting was to dish some abuse out.

I wrote that: 'Defend deep, defend in numbers, but pressure them as much as possible. Get at them, get in their faces, but keep cool heads (no silly tackles). '...

You just carry on name calling and abusing people, that's your enjoyment.

That's exactly what we tried to do you clown.

How old are you?

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:23 - Apr 22 with 1157 viewsFireboy2

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:21 - Apr 22 by TheResurrection

Watch it and if you ever want to see him in a Swans shirt again I will disown you ;-)

Mawson was the same
Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:24 - Apr 22 with 1154 viewsmonmouth

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:21 - Apr 22 by TheResurrection

Our midfield options?? Mate, I’m desperate. Write me out of your will...

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:25 - Apr 22 with 1152 viewsTheResurrection

Teams that have done the best against Man City have all gone for it... on 19:23 - Apr 22 by Fireboy2

Mawson was the same

No i dont think so. I think Mawson was the only one to challenge wasn't he,

Where can we get the clip from?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024