Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game 09:49 - Apr 23 with 4793 viewsSTID2017

Whatever you guys chant about "Sellouts, get out of our club" could you modify it to include "And The Res" ?
Thanks

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game on 20:24 - Apr 24 with 1057 viewswaynekerr55

Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game on 09:58 - Apr 23 by pencoedjack

I hope we can sing ‘we’ll never play you again’ to Stoke with us being the ones remaining in PL

I was in Grenada 10 years ago with Dave Regis. He told me about how their bus was bricked after the game Leggy scored the worldy against Grobellar. He said "we battered you but I was bastard freezing on the coach for 5 hours...and our gaffa made us train the next day"

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game on 20:49 - Apr 24 with 1030 viewsTheResurrection

Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game on 20:24 - Apr 24 by waynekerr55

I was in Grenada 10 years ago with Dave Regis. He told me about how their bus was bricked after the game Leggy scored the worldy against Grobellar. He said "we battered you but I was bastard freezing on the coach for 5 hours...and our gaffa made us train the next day"

As the bricks were raining in the Coach driver tried to pull off but someone manoeuvred a road railing in the way and they were penned in.

Crazy times back then but yeah, they were the better team and came back to win it. We had a nice little side in those days though. One of the better periods from the darker days.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game on 22:27 - Apr 24 with 989 viewsJackSomething

Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game on 19:20 - Apr 24 by TheResurrection

The point being that no one would pay £45m for Siggy either this Summer.

He's been fully exposed and this long before his injury.

What does his value to Everton this summer have to do with his value to us last summer? Everton deemed him worth £45m because of his performances for us over multiple seasons (and because their talent evaluation skills are not the best). If he'd played for us this season, he would presumably have carried on around the same level and would still be valued at a similar level to last summer. So his value to the club would have been roughly the same.

No matter what summer you time warp to, Jordan is not going to attract bids of £30m from anyone. He's had a decent season, certainly after Carlos arrived, but I doubt anyone would go north of £20m. If he improves again next season, then you can start talking about £30m+. Plus while I love Andre, it remains a fact that we've spent almost as much buying him again as we earned selling him the first time, and he's getting on a bit in footballing terms. His value as an asset is only going to go down unless he turns in a monster season.

There is no way in hell you're going to convince me, or anyone who knows anything about football, that this squad is in a better position when it comes to saleable assets than it was going into last summer.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game on 22:50 - Apr 24 with 981 viewsTheResurrection

Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game on 22:27 - Apr 24 by JackSomething

What does his value to Everton this summer have to do with his value to us last summer? Everton deemed him worth £45m because of his performances for us over multiple seasons (and because their talent evaluation skills are not the best). If he'd played for us this season, he would presumably have carried on around the same level and would still be valued at a similar level to last summer. So his value to the club would have been roughly the same.

No matter what summer you time warp to, Jordan is not going to attract bids of £30m from anyone. He's had a decent season, certainly after Carlos arrived, but I doubt anyone would go north of £20m. If he improves again next season, then you can start talking about £30m+. Plus while I love Andre, it remains a fact that we've spent almost as much buying him again as we earned selling him the first time, and he's getting on a bit in footballing terms. His value as an asset is only going to go down unless he turns in a monster season.

There is no way in hell you're going to convince me, or anyone who knows anything about football, that this squad is in a better position when it comes to saleable assets than it was going into last summer.

I don't think that's difficult to explain, not to most who truly understand the game.

Siggy's value has become a myth. He was never worth £45m and never will be again. Yes, we got that amount of money because one daft Dutch man thought he would make the difference between Europa League and Champions League.

Chadli was being touted for £27m, a front running wing forward who doesn't really get a fair share of goals. It's surely not beyond the realms of realistic possibility that Ayew is worth at least £25m plus. Even you, who's purposefully tried to put him down to suit your argument has valued him at just £5m less.

His brother's value was £18m and you could argue that would be the highest he'll ever go for in his career, or whatever is left at it, but he'll still be worth around what we got for Llorente, at the very least.

Mawson has had another eye catching season no matter what some say on here and now an England call up at 25. You're looking at another £20m plus there.

There is strong value in our squad and every one of our players would command in the millions, even like I've said Ollie out on loan. Mesa also will be good for £6m/£7m plus.

The value of our squad last season has been well talked about, mostly by posters talking out of their arse. We all thought we'd get £25m/£35m for Siggy and a couple more if Llorente went.

The squad that's taken 20 points from 13 games needs a bit of attention, but nothing like the amount some idiots go on about. If we stay up and we have some continuity with Carlos staying on and him being involved in the Summers dealings we could be looking at a tidy next season.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game on 06:14 - Apr 25 with 923 viewswaynekerr55

Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game on 20:49 - Apr 24 by TheResurrection

As the bricks were raining in the Coach driver tried to pull off but someone manoeuvred a road railing in the way and they were penned in.

Crazy times back then but yeah, they were the better team and came back to win it. We had a nice little side in those days though. One of the better periods from the darker days.

Dave said he was good mates with Leggy and that was the best goal he ever saw live in a match he played in. I was only 10 back then 😂

The west Brom game at home.in the play offs was a good one too, apart from the fact that they scored. They had a great following back then

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game on 11:11 - Apr 25 with 868 viewsJackSomething

Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game on 22:50 - Apr 24 by TheResurrection

I don't think that's difficult to explain, not to most who truly understand the game.

Siggy's value has become a myth. He was never worth £45m and never will be again. Yes, we got that amount of money because one daft Dutch man thought he would make the difference between Europa League and Champions League.

Chadli was being touted for £27m, a front running wing forward who doesn't really get a fair share of goals. It's surely not beyond the realms of realistic possibility that Ayew is worth at least £25m plus. Even you, who's purposefully tried to put him down to suit your argument has valued him at just £5m less.

His brother's value was £18m and you could argue that would be the highest he'll ever go for in his career, or whatever is left at it, but he'll still be worth around what we got for Llorente, at the very least.

Mawson has had another eye catching season no matter what some say on here and now an England call up at 25. You're looking at another £20m plus there.

There is strong value in our squad and every one of our players would command in the millions, even like I've said Ollie out on loan. Mesa also will be good for £6m/£7m plus.

The value of our squad last season has been well talked about, mostly by posters talking out of their arse. We all thought we'd get £25m/£35m for Siggy and a couple more if Llorente went.

The squad that's taken 20 points from 13 games needs a bit of attention, but nothing like the amount some idiots go on about. If we stay up and we have some continuity with Carlos staying on and him being involved in the Summers dealings we could be looking at a tidy next season.

I agree with you on Mawson and actually think his England call-up (and his age) probably pushes his value up towards £30m.

You do contradict your first sentence immediately though. Siggy's value has not become a myth. He was definitively 'worth' £45m last summer because that's what Everton were prepared to pay for him.

Should they have paid that much for him? Certainly not. But they did and that's a fact that can't be changed, no matter how you try and frame your argument. A player's 'worth' is what another club are willing to pay for him. I doubt Baston had the ability to live up to the fee we paid for him, but that's what he was 'worth' to Madrid that summer because we were willing to pay it.

Anyway it's been a pleasant debate, thanks for that.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game on 11:23 - Apr 25 with 861 viewsWhiterockin

Shut the door, shut the door Huw Jenkins
Shut the door, shut the door I say
And for Fecks sake fade away.
Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game on 11:30 - Apr 25 with 853 viewsLoyal

Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game on 11:23 - Apr 25 by Whiterockin

Larry Grayson ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game on 12:12 - Apr 25 with 823 viewssainthelens

Please Modify Chant For Stoke Game on 11:23 - Apr 25 by Whiterockin

You can do better than that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024