Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? 10:09 - Apr 23 with 15584 viewsmagicdaps10

Started myself 1988.

First game 1989 against Aldershot.......Peter Bodak scored the only goal in a 1-0 win.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 10:14 - Apr 23 with 6117 viewssainthelens

First game...a 4-4 draw v Rotherham from 4-1 down. Forget the year...maybe 76? Not sure.
So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 10:20 - Apr 23 with 6104 viewsbuilthjack

1968 v Hartlepool. In the double decker

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 10:24 - Apr 23 with 6091 viewsSwansNZ

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 10:29 - Apr 23 with 6082 viewsPegojack

1965, a 3-1 home defeat to Charlton Athletic. Taken by my dad, sat in double decker stand upper tier. Can still remember the thrill when emerging from the stairwell and seeing pitch for the first time.
So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 10:44 - Apr 23 with 6051 viewsmagicdaps10

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 10:29 - Apr 23 by Pegojack

1965, a 3-1 home defeat to Charlton Athletic. Taken by my dad, sat in double decker stand upper tier. Can still remember the thrill when emerging from the stairwell and seeing pitch for the first time.

I was the same, new stand behind the goal and was night game...........coming through that stairwell was a magical thing, helped by the fact that it was a night game.

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 10:47 - Apr 23 with 6045 viewsscottishjack

My first match was a fundraiser at the Vetch v Manchester United, pretty sure it was 1986? Either way the Vetch was packed, the score didn’t really matter, and 9 year old me was hooked from that day onwards...
So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 10:47 - Apr 23 with 6023 viewsswan65split

1964 during the cup run, it was a league game, cant remember who , as I was dragged along by my m8s, was a night game, under the decker, only thing that stood out for me then, was the plume of fag smoke emitting from the North Bank.......
So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 10:50 - Apr 23 with 6031 viewsBobby_Fischer

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 10:44 - Apr 23 by magicdaps10

I was the same, new stand behind the goal and was night game...........coming through that stairwell was a magical thing, helped by the fact that it was a night game.

Make up your mind?

1965 or 1988 or 1989?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Login to get fewer ads

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 10:51 - Apr 23 with 6010 viewsDippy

1997 Northampton.. Possibly saw a game at the Vetch during that season.. But don't remember.

Poll: Cooper Out

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 10:58 - Apr 23 with 6007 viewsmagicdaps10

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 10:50 - Apr 23 by Bobby_Fischer

Make up your mind?

1965 or 1988 or 1989?

No you plank, i was the same coming through the stairwell.

I started 1988 but first game 1989.

When was yours young Bobby?

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 10:59 - Apr 23 with 6005 viewstheloneranger

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 10:47 - Apr 23 by swan65split

1964 during the cup run, it was a league game, cant remember who , as I was dragged along by my m8s, was a night game, under the decker, only thing that stood out for me then, was the plume of fag smoke emitting from the North Bank.......

That would have been either the Sheffield United or Stoke replays.

Edit

Misread, just noticed it was a league match!!
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 11:05]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 11:03 - Apr 23 with 5994 viewsTreforys_Jack

A couple of games I was too young to remember, but 1st I do recall was Harry Griffiths memorial v Everton in 77 or 78., was hooked after that and used to sit in the West stand looking longingly at the north bank.
So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 11:20 - Apr 23 with 5944 viewsLord_Bony

1981 under Tosh div 1.

First game I saw as a youngster was v Leeds when we thrashed them.

I thought all games would be like that,but alas no.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 11:28 - Apr 23 with 5918 viewsTheResurrection

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 10:47 - Apr 23 by swan65split

You were 40 at the time, yeah?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 11:30 - Apr 23 with 5915 viewsTheResurrection

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 11:28 - Apr 23 by TheResurrection

Sexually Transmitted Disease 2017 saw 2 games in the 70's and more from 2011

Charlatan.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 11:31 - Apr 23 with 5920 viewsCaptain_Sham

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 10:14 - Apr 23 by sainthelens

First game...a 4-4 draw v Rotherham from 4-1 down. Forget the year...maybe 76? Not sure.

That was circa 1979. I cant check right now as I am at work but I think Dai Gwyther scored a hat trick for Rotherham that day ( An ex Swan)
My first game was Boxing day 1975. The first game I remember was Feb 76, we got tonked at Home by Exeter. ( Alan Beer - another ex Swan -tormented us that night.)

Its just a ride.

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 11:32 - Apr 23 with 5918 viewspencoedjack

My 1st game was Liverpool 1982 but I’d say I really started following 83
So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 11:35 - Apr 23 with 5903 viewsDarran

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 11:31 - Apr 23 by Captain_Sham

That was circa 1979. I cant check right now as I am at work but I think Dai Gwyther scored a hat trick for Rotherham that day ( An ex Swan)
My first game was Boxing day 1975. The first game I remember was Feb 76, we got tonked at Home by Exeter. ( Alan Beer - another ex Swan -tormented us that night.)

I was talking to Alan Beer a little while ago he’s working in Trainer BMW.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 11:38 - Apr 23 with 5894 viewsjackatbarry

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 11:35 - Apr 23 by Darran

I was talking to Alan Beer a little while ago he’s working in Trainer BMW.

August 1954 v West Ham won 5 2
So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 11:55 - Apr 23 with 5846 viewsswan65split

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 11:28 - Apr 23 by TheResurrection

let you out of the classroom for a while have they? get back in and work that abacus.
So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 12:05 - Apr 23 with 5844 viewsJinxy

1977 - my father and I used to go and watch the Swans while my mum went shopping. I loved the evening games too, as someone has said that first splash of luminous green from the North bank entrance. He and I watched the dramatic rise to the top, and I never thought I'd see it again. I started taking my youngest son in 2007, and still can't believe I/we watched it all happen again. The spooky (but nice) thing is that the age gap between my and my son is the same as me and my dad (quite a gap!), so it felt like I was him watching me, if you get my drift! The only sad thing my dad never saw our meteoric rise part#2. Knowing how hard it would be for a club like us to do it all again makes it soooo important for us to stay in the PL and stabilise again.
So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 12:09 - Apr 23 with 5834 viewssainthelens

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 12:05 - Apr 23 by Jinxy

1977 - my father and I used to go and watch the Swans while my mum went shopping. I loved the evening games too, as someone has said that first splash of luminous green from the North bank entrance. He and I watched the dramatic rise to the top, and I never thought I'd see it again. I started taking my youngest son in 2007, and still can't believe I/we watched it all happen again. The spooky (but nice) thing is that the age gap between my and my son is the same as me and my dad (quite a gap!), so it felt like I was him watching me, if you get my drift! The only sad thing my dad never saw our meteoric rise part#2. Knowing how hard it would be for a club like us to do it all again makes it soooo important for us to stay in the PL and stabilise again.

Can totally relate to all that. Great post.
So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 12:42 - Apr 23 with 5765 viewsTheResurrection

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 12:05 - Apr 23 by Jinxy

Great post. Great memories to treasure 👍

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 12:58 - Apr 23 with 5726 viewsDewi1jack

Me, Tosh's first game in charge v Watford March 78.
Taken by my dad as he was a Liverpool Seasie holder and he wanted to see Tosh take charge.
Hooked first game by the atmosphere.
Thanks dad and hope you enjoy watching us playing Liverpool from on high.
Know you'd just have loved seeing us beat Utd!!

Spent many thousands of £ following us home and away, doing around 20 away in the lower leagues.
I'm much more selective nowadays.
Love places like Fulham, Wigan, Scarboro, Carlisle and of course the Midlands grounds as they're closer to me than our home games.
Love the lower league Cup grounds like Crawley, Shrewsbury, Cardiff etc
Avoid the tourist traps (Anfield, Old Trafford) like mad.

Daughter was 1996 in the 3rd division, on the NB until she got a tad scared crowd surfing after a goal (think Exeter a few years later??), then we ended up in the wing stand
Boy child came about 2001??, little on the NB then the wing stand.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

So then, out of interest-What year did you all start supporting the Swans? on 14:00 - Apr 23 with 5657 viewsThornburyswan

October '72 with a 6-2 win vs Grimsby, in the bottom of the double decker - crazy game in Div 3 & think we got relegated to Div 4 that season!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024