Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day 17:27 - Apr 23 with 1901 viewsLohengrin

Don’t think I’m minimising the torment his parents must have gone through, I’m not. It must be Hell for the parents of any child murdered, every parent’s worst nightmare, but don’t you think this is a bit bizarre?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43869377

This type of murder is happening just about every day now in London, or so it seems at any rate. What’s the thinking behind this move?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 18:15 - Apr 23 with 1854 viewsstevethejack

Very bizarre. As you say a (more than) daily occurrence. As much as his family will have gone through torment, so have other families.

Time for everyone else (family excluded) to move on.
22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 18:20 - Apr 23 with 1842 viewstheloneranger

Yet the racism towards the Lawrence family continues today..

"Racists jeer at clean-up of Stephen Lawrence murder scene"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/949597/stephen-Lawrence-murder-memorial-clean-

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 18:21 - Apr 23 with 1840 viewsNogginthenog

Wouldnt it be better to call it "police ineptitude day"
22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 18:24 - Apr 23 with 1828 viewsFlashberryjack

Lee Rigby day?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 18:27 - Apr 23 with 1822 viewsAndy1300

Glad I wasn't the only one that thought this

Number 1 team in Wales

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 18:32 - Apr 23 with 1806 viewsNeath_Jack

I'm no expert but...

It's more about the embarrassing racially motivated police corruption during the investigations. Wasn't the Met labelled institutionally racist following the Macpherson Report?

I guess the government are trying to make up for their police forces actions.

The current black on black murders, i'd imagine anyway, are getting properly investigated.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 18:33 - Apr 23 with 1803 viewsNeath_Jack

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 18:24 - Apr 23 by Flashberryjack

Lee Rigby day?

Was the investigation into his murder, seriously hampered by racist and corrupt Muslim police officers?
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 18:33]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 18:34 - Apr 23 with 1797 viewslondonlisa2001

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 18:24 - Apr 23 by Flashberryjack

Lee Rigby day?

Do you seriously not understand the difference ?
Login to get fewer ads

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 18:55 - Apr 23 with 1747 viewsFlashberryjack

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 18:34 - Apr 23 by londonlisa2001

Do you seriously not understand the difference ?

I'm sorry but I don't, other than one is regarded as a racist murder and the other religious.

Both horrendous in my view.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 19:03 - Apr 23 with 1721 viewslondonlisa2001

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 18:55 - Apr 23 by Flashberryjack

I'm sorry but I don't, other than one is regarded as a racist murder and the other religious.

Both horrendous in my view.

Of course they are both horrendous. Equally so. Both crimes are formed out of irrational, unforgivable hate.

But in one case the horrific monsters were identified, arrested, prosecuted, put in prison.

In the other case, the horrific monsters were identified and nothing more was done, because the people responsible for gaining justice thought a young man was fair game due to the colour of his skin. Even after all the attention, only 2 of the 6 have ever been punished.

Think about that. Fair game due to the colour of his skin.

I simply can't understand why you can't see that it is wrong heaped upon wrong.
22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 19:08 - Apr 23 with 1704 viewsDarran

When are we having Lynette White Day?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 19:12 - Apr 23 with 1695 viewsexiledclaseboy

The deliberately botched investigation, deemed acceptable by the police because the victim was black.

The disgraceful way the victim’s family was treated purely because they are black.

The changes that have arisen directly from the outcome of this horrific case, mainly as a result of the tireless campaigning of his parents.

The fact that this crime marked a wathershed in race relations in this country (well, for some anyway) and highlighted just how appallingly black people were treated by authority.

Still even now only two of the five men responsible for his murder have seen justice.

Yeah he’s worth remembering and commemorating, it’s not as if it’s a bank holiday. Most of the time it’ll pass without note.

Poll: Tory leader

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 19:13 - Apr 23 with 1688 viewsNeath_Jack

Like moths to a flame, this thread.

All the passive aggressive racists will be piling in.

I've got Black/Muslim/Asian friends etc etc...

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 19:46 - Apr 23 with 1642 viewsLohengrin

When I asked what the thinking behind this was in the OP it was intended as something of a leading question to see if anybody else had drawn the same instant conclusion as I had?

Is there nobody who smells a rat at the timing of this right slap, bang in the middle of the Windrush furore? It strikes me as wholly cynical and quite contemptible that the government would commandeer the memory of a murdered kid in order to deflect from the mounting pressure and embarrassment it is being subject to.

I wonder if the poor family realise they are being used as pawns in a wider game? The realisation if and when it comes will be crushing.

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 19:51 - Apr 23 with 1627 viewsexiledclaseboy

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 19:46 - Apr 23 by Lohengrin

When I asked what the thinking behind this was in the OP it was intended as something of a leading question to see if anybody else had drawn the same instant conclusion as I had?

Is there nobody who smells a rat at the timing of this right slap, bang in the middle of the Windrush furore? It strikes me as wholly cynical and quite contemptible that the government would commandeer the memory of a murdered kid in order to deflect from the mounting pressure and embarrassment it is being subject to.

I wonder if the poor family realise they are being used as pawns in a wider game? The realisation if and when it comes will be crushing.

I don’t disagree with that at all. The timing isn’t coincidental. Everything is about politics. But something being done for cynical reasons doesn’t make it the wrong thing to do. I doubt, given what his family has been through and the battles they’ve had with establishment and authority, are under any illusions as to that.

Poll: Tory leader

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 19:55 - Apr 23 with 1615 viewsNogginthenog

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 19:46 - Apr 23 by Lohengrin

I don't know for sure but I imagine plans for this would have been in place well before the Windrush furore hit the screens. That is not to say I don't believe the government are a bunch of cynical Charlatans.
22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 20:36 - Apr 23 with 1572 viewslondonlisa2001

The timing is fortuitous.

But I suspect this has been planned for a while to coincide with the 25th anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long by the way...
22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 21:06 - Apr 23 with 1537 viewsLohengrin

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 20:36 - Apr 23 by londonlisa2001

The timing is fortuitous.

But I suspect this has been planned for a while to coincide with the 25th anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long by the way...

A quarter of a century, love. Put that way it’s enough to make you wince. Lord knows where it went?

22nd April - henceforth National Stephen Lawrence Commemoration Day on 01:35 - Apr 24 with 1403 viewsLoyal

Just another stick to beat people half of you havent got the bollocks to do ten minutes of their job.
Fcking laughable.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024