Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. 20:13 - Apr 23 with 6630 viewsthornabyswan

Who is most likely to be in the PL next season.
Or will both miss out.
The Championship finishes a week earlier if they clinch promotion will ramp the pressure up a couple of notches again.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 20:21 - Apr 24 with 2374 viewsmajorraglan

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 19:01 - Apr 24 by byron

Hopefully spend nothing, stay strong and do a Burnley. Quite happy to yo yo but remain debt free.

Probably the most sensible post you have ever made on here.
Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 22:02 - Apr 24 with 2335 viewsTNT

Hopefully spend nothing, stay strong and do a Burnley. Quite happy to yo yo but remain debt free.

I really don't think you realise how sh*t you are, by. Spend nothing and you'll get hammered, every week.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 22:12 - Apr 24 with 2318 viewsPhil_S

When did you become debt free?
Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 22:14 - Apr 24 with 2308 viewsFireboy2

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 22:12 - Apr 24 by Phil_S

Thats what i was thinking phil
Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 22:42 - Apr 24 with 2281 viewsLoyal

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 20:21 - Apr 24 by majorraglan

Probably the most sensible post you have ever made on here.

And as inaccurate as ever.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 07:10 - Apr 25 with 2198 viewslonglostjack

"Remain debt free"

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 08:31 - Apr 25 with 2139 viewsKilkennyjack

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 23:36 - Apr 23 by majorraglan

According to Walesonline they are £115m in debt with Vincent Tan also having converted some debt to equity. If and it’s a big if they get promoted, provided the club is run prudently they will clear their loses with just 1season in the Premier League by the time the parachute payments are factored in. If they don’t, then it could get a little ugly.

Really ?

You mean they will not need to use the new income to run their club ?

I think that we lose money each year, and have to sell our big players just to get by.

Mind you we are at the next level (sic) ....

Beware of the Risen People

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 08:44 - Apr 25 with 2129 viewsbyron

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 22:02 - Apr 24 by TNT

I really don't think you realise how sh*t you are, by. Spend nothing and you'll get hammered, every week.

We lose 5 nil to Man City u mean? We didn’t a few months ago. Like someone said here yesterday, really, you are in a group of 13 trying to stay out of the bottom 3. Law of averages says it isn’t going to work out every year like stoke and West Brom have just found out and plenty of championship clubs also. No ones going to break into that 6 at the top bar maybe Everton who spent a fortune also. Maybe Newcastle or Leeds if they ever make it back?

Benny

Login to get fewer ads

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 08:48 - Apr 25 with 2117 viewsbyron

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 22:12 - Apr 24 by Phil_S

We are not debt free, down to 110 million now, but if we went up I’d suggest we didn’t blow big on buying or wages, bag half the debt and see how we go. I don’t imag8ne Burnley, Watford, bha pay a huge amount of wages! Why should we? Can’t belivee you lot are paying Bony so much?? Things like that could cripple you if you did go down. You did better when you first went up on smaller wages di you not?

Benny

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 09:01 - Apr 25 with 2096 viewsPhil_S

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 08:48 - Apr 25 by byron

We are not debt free, down to 110 million now, but if we went up I’d suggest we didn’t blow big on buying or wages, bag half the debt and see how we go. I don’t imag8ne Burnley, Watford, bha pay a huge amount of wages! Why should we? Can’t belivee you lot are paying Bony so much?? Things like that could cripple you if you did go down. You did better when you first went up on smaller wages di you not?

Right so you're line of "remaining debt free" is clearly flawed

And I think the rest just shows how little you understand the Premier League and how it works. If you think that you can come up and just spend half the money then good luck to you #aintgonnahappen
Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 09:07 - Apr 25 with 2084 viewsWhiterockin

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 09:01 - Apr 25 by Phil_S

Right so you're line of "remaining debt free" is clearly flawed

And I think the rest just shows how little you understand the Premier League and how it works. If you think that you can come up and just spend half the money then good luck to you #aintgonnahappen

Phil I don't disagree with you, but we could have spent a hell of a lot less the last couple of seasons and not been in a worse position. It is criminal the money we have wasted. Until this is rectified we will struggle, it no good having the premier league pot and spending like a kid in a toy shop.
Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 09:14 - Apr 25 with 2069 viewsPhil_S

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 09:07 - Apr 25 by Whiterockin

Phil I don't disagree with you, but we could have spent a hell of a lot less the last couple of seasons and not been in a worse position. It is criminal the money we have wasted. Until this is rectified we will struggle, it no good having the premier league pot and spending like a kid in a toy shop.

I don't disagree but we certainly at no point could have got away with just spending half the money

We have wasted money (definitely) but that money generally needs to be spent - just better
Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 09:30 - Apr 25 with 2046 viewsWhiterockin

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 09:14 - Apr 25 by Phil_S

I don't disagree but we certainly at no point could have got away with just spending half the money

We have wasted money (definitely) but that money generally needs to be spent - just better

Totally agree.
Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 22:31 - Apr 25 with 1933 viewsTNT

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 08:44 - Apr 25 by byron

We lose 5 nil to Man City u mean? We didn’t a few months ago. Like someone said here yesterday, really, you are in a group of 13 trying to stay out of the bottom 3. Law of averages says it isn’t going to work out every year like stoke and West Brom have just found out and plenty of championship clubs also. No ones going to break into that 6 at the top bar maybe Everton who spent a fortune also. Maybe Newcastle or Leeds if they ever make it back?

You don't think this Man City team is capable of beating you 5-0, by? You really are the most deluded, of the most deluded fanbase in existence. Morrison will be tied in knots, week in, week out, in the PL, and he wouldn't be alone in your team. Keep writing bollox, by, it really is comedy gold.

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 13:59 - Apr 26 with 1866 viewsMattG

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 08:48 - Apr 25 by byron

You might want to take a look at the Swiss Ramble on Twitter - https://twitter.com/SwissRamble

His recent review of Huddersfield's finances indicated that, in 2016/17, Cardiff spent £29m on wages.

To put that into context, this week he published a review of West Brom's finances for the same period. The lowest spenders in the PL that year were Hull and Burnley who spent £61m each. Watford, who you mentioned, spent £76m. Sunderland, who were relegated that year, spent £84m.

The PL is not something you can do on the cheap.
Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 17:53 - Apr 26 with 1798 viewsmajorraglan

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 08:31 - Apr 25 by Kilkennyjack

Really ?

You mean they will not need to use the new income to run their club ?

I think that we lose money each year, and have to sell our big players just to get by.

Mind you we are at the next level (sic) ....

For the financial year ending May 17 Cardiff had a wage bill of £20.6m. If Cardiff go up, make a minimal investment on the playing side, do a Derby and come back down after a really poor year in the PL they will still trouser somewhere in the region of £180m. This is based on the assumption they will receive approximately £95m for their season in the PL followed by 3 years of parachute payments at £40m, £25m and £20m. Obviously, the more they spend the less they have left, but the money is enough to put the club on the straight and narrow. It is also enough to allow someone to come and make a healthy sum of money after asset stripping a club.

The big issue is keeping the wage bill and costs in check. While there have been issues with transfers, by enlarge Swansea has been well run, and from what I can see so have Burnley who are having their best season in years.
Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 17:57 - Apr 26 with 1793 viewsmajorraglan

Statement of intent from Fulham? Maybe having Cardiff in the PL next season may be a better option if Mr Khan is throwing this kind of cash about!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43906272
Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 21:08 - Apr 26 with 1745 viewsbyron

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 22:31 - Apr 25 by TNT

You don't think this Man City team is capable of beating you 5-0, by? You really are the most deluded, of the most deluded fanbase in existence. Morrison will be tied in knots, week in, week out, in the PL, and he wouldn't be alone in your team. Keep writing bollox, by, it really is comedy gold.

Oh they are more than capable. Just saying they didn’t when we played them a few months back.

Benny

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 21:11 - Apr 26 with 1743 viewsbyron

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 09:07 - Apr 25 by Whiterockin

You also sold a fair few with healthy profit like bony, siggy, Allen etc.. that’s the way to do it for smaller clubs. You just need a very good mgt team to keep the conveyor belt producing year after year.

Benny

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 23:04 - Apr 26 with 1697 viewsTNT

Will there be 2 Welsh clubs in the PL next season. on 21:08 - Apr 26 by byron

Oh they are more than capable. Just saying they didn’t when we played them a few months back.

Every lower league team will have a cup game to brag about, even non-league clubs. Playing 38 PL games a season is something you obviously know little, or nothing, about. If you come up, your current team will get slaughtered in most of the games.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024