Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next FM to be from Cardiff 08:11 - Apr 24 with 9014 viewsCopperJack

We are truly f*cked. Supported by our very own Mike Hedges...says a lot.

Yes, I know he's from west Wales, but he's lived in Cardiff for over 20 years, there's no doubt the city-state machine will continue apace. It was bad enough under Carwyn and he wasn't even from there. I thought with the way our AMs tamely accepted their party decimating our city it was to advance their own careers in the party, but neither even attempted to get it.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 09:14 - Apr 24 with 4702 viewsPapaLazarou

I'd support Huw Irranca-Davies if he threw his hat into the ring, but that looks unlikely at the moment with the present voting system.
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 11:52 - Apr 24 with 4565 viewsbyron

Kneel before zod 😂
Wasn’t the last one a jack ffs...
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 11:52]

Benny

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 11:59 - Apr 24 with 4552 viewscostalotta

Get rid of the welsh government/assembly.

We need less government, not more! Surely you all see that now?
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 13:01 - Apr 24 with 4473 viewspencoedjack

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 09:14 - Apr 24 by PapaLazarou

I'd support Huw Irranca-Davies if he threw his hat into the ring, but that looks unlikely at the moment with the present voting system.

Carwyn has lived in Bridgend for years ( I believe he was born in Swansea) & has left a once thriving market town to fall apart. I'd imagine Irranca-Davies or anyone living within a 20 mile radius of Cardiff will allow things to carry on as they are.

A North or real West Walian person for me.
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 13:14 - Apr 24 with 4441 viewsNeath_Jack

They'll all be the same, makes no difference who gets the gig.

Anyone that thinks any differently is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Keep sending your strongly worded emails, that'll learn them, definitely.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 13:33 - Apr 24 with 4396 viewsbyron

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 13:14 - Apr 24 by Neath_Jack

They'll all be the same, makes no difference who gets the gig.

Anyone that thinks any differently is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Keep sending your strongly worded emails, that'll learn them, definitely.

We need a whole new government system i this country. It’s like there is no choice. The effin tories ffs, make me sick with all this paying back the bankers bollox, f them. Can’t bring myself to vote labour, a divided party is ever there was one, I did vote for corbyn as he appears normal ish but he’s to lefty for me and he will never win an election in England.

Benny

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 13:38 - Apr 24 with 4388 viewscostalotta

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 13:33 - Apr 24 by byron

We need a whole new government system i this country. It’s like there is no choice. The effin tories ffs, make me sick with all this paying back the bankers bollox, f them. Can’t bring myself to vote labour, a divided party is ever there was one, I did vote for corbyn as he appears normal ish but he’s to lefty for me and he will never win an election in England.

Which country would that be? Wales does not need a government! Wales needs better politicians yes, but they should represent us in Parliament!

Too many layers of government creates more bureaucracy, a conflict of interests, its too expensive. And in reality, the one we have here in Wales is not fit for purpose.

As i said, we need LESS government not more!
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 14:08 - Apr 24 with 4349 viewsjohnlangy

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 11:59 - Apr 24 by costalotta

Get rid of the welsh government/assembly.

We need less government, not more! Surely you all see that now?

What we need is a proper Welsh government.

I fail to understand why a Welsh person would want to be governed by an English government.
Login to get fewer ads

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 14:10 - Apr 24 with 4347 viewsHighjack

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 14:08 - Apr 24 by johnlangy

I fail to understand why a Welsh person would want to be governed by an English government.

Its the U.K. government. Not an English government.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 14:14 - Apr 24 with 4344 viewsjohnlangy

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 13:38 - Apr 24 by costalotta

Which country would that be? Wales does not need a government! Wales needs better politicians yes, but they should represent us in Parliament!

Too many layers of government creates more bureaucracy, a conflict of interests, its too expensive. And in reality, the one we have here in Wales is not fit for purpose.

As i said, we need LESS government not more!

How can our 40 MP's (soon to be 29 if things go as planned) represent us fully when up against about 520 English MP's, a majority of which are almost always Tory, a party which has never, and hopefully will never, be in a majority in Wales.

I agree with less government. All Wales needs is two layers, a proper Welsh government in the Sennedd plus local government.
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 15:46 - Apr 24 with 4268 viewscostalotta

A couple of things. What makes you think I’m Welsh? I consider myself British. I live in the UK (most of the time) and in a principality. I am more Swedish or more Italian than I am welsh.

We have a welsh government now and it’s just a big money tree for the political elite. What’s it done for Wales? Schools are performing worse, hospitals and health care worse than it was before. Transport, jobs, investment blah blah. And now they want to tax us as well. The welsh government is akin to to the women’s institute (no offence to the WI). Its a joke! Always has been and It’s a waste of money and we don’t need it.

I personally don’t see the need all these different layers of government but I’d take that over an independent welsh government. Get rid, not needed does nothing of note for the whole of Wales. And that will not change!
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:01 - Apr 24 with 4243 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 14:10 - Apr 24 by Highjack

Its the U.K. government. Not an English government.

Might aswel be england the way we are ignored at best and trod on at worst.
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:05 - Apr 24 with 4233 viewscostalotta

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:01 - Apr 24 by blaenaugwentjack

Explain how you’ve been trod on?
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:05 - Apr 24 with 4233 viewsblaenaugwentjack

exactly, if the welsh people keep voting in the same centralised, self serving complacent goverment is not the assembly s fault, its the voters.
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:09 - Apr 24 with 4224 viewscostalotta

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:05 - Apr 24 by blaenaugwentjack

exactly, if the welsh people keep voting in the same centralised, self serving complacent goverment is not the assembly s fault, its the voters.

What are you talking about? So the welsh government is not self serving?

And it’s the voters fault you didn’t get the government you wanted? Listen to yourself!!! It’s called democracy you plonker. And you do realise that when we vote in parliament elections that they are nothing to do with the senedd?
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:30 - Apr 24 with 4186 viewsHighjack

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:01 - Apr 24 by blaenaugwentjack

I would imagine that huge swathes of England feel ignored and trod on too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:32 - Apr 24 with 4182 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:30 - Apr 24 by Highjack

I would imagine that huge swathes of England feel ignored and trod on too.

Im sure they do, it,s all too centralised.
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:39 - Apr 24 with 4173 viewsSir_Robin

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 15:46 - Apr 24 by costalotta

A couple of things. What makes you think I’m Welsh? I consider myself British. I live in the UK (most of the time) and in a principality. I am more Swedish or more Italian than I am welsh.

We have a welsh government now and it’s just a big money tree for the political elite. What’s it done for Wales? Schools are performing worse, hospitals and health care worse than it was before. Transport, jobs, investment blah blah. And now they want to tax us as well. The welsh government is akin to to the women’s institute (no offence to the WI). Its a joke! Always has been and It’s a waste of money and we don’t need it.

I personally don’t see the need all these different layers of government but I’d take that over an independent welsh government. Get rid, not needed does nothing of note for the whole of Wales. And that will not change!

Do you split your time between the UK and Monaco? Or Liechtenstein, perhaps? I'm a tad confused by your principality comment.
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:46 - Apr 24 with 4158 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:09 - Apr 24 by costalotta

What are you talking about? So the welsh government is not self serving?

And it’s the voters fault you didn’t get the government you wanted? Listen to yourself!!! It’s called democracy you plonker. And you do realise that when we vote in parliament elections that they are nothing to do with the senedd?

Hang on a minute here, we are talking about the next first minister? Yes i do think alot of the am s are self serving and i was being sarcastic about the same old goverment in cardiff? I just don,t see the next fm being any less cardiff centric than the last as long as it,s the same political party.
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:49 - Apr 24 with 4152 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:05 - Apr 24 by costalotta

Explain how you’ve been trod on?

Funding or lack of compared to scotland. Large goverment projects e.g Swansea lagoon, Swansea to london electrification ( train ). to name but two.
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:54 - Apr 24 with 4144 viewscostalotta

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:39 - Apr 24 by Sir_Robin

Do you split your time between the UK and Monaco? Or Liechtenstein, perhaps? I'm a tad confused by your principality comment.

Sorry, I can see how that was confusing.

I live in Wales most of the time. Wales is a principality. The other places I spend my time are not at all relevant to this.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 16:55]
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 17:00 - Apr 24 with 4135 viewscostalotta

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:46 - Apr 24 by blaenaugwentjack

Hang on a minute here, we are talking about the next first minister? Yes i do think alot of the am s are self serving and i was being sarcastic about the same old goverment in cardiff? I just don,t see the next fm being any less cardiff centric than the last as long as it,s the same political party.

Maybe one day the welsh people will change their vote and we’ll find out. I’m not holding my breath mind and in my view moot. I really don’t think we need the WAG.

As regards funding etc compared to Scotland. Well, the difference is as plain as day. You get what you deserve in politics as you do in life my friend. The Welsh are great at playing the divide and conquer victim. Just look at the way it’s gone since 1997.
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 17:10 - Apr 24 with 4120 viewscostalotta

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:49 - Apr 24 by blaenaugwentjack

Funding or lack of compared to scotland. Large goverment projects e.g Swansea lagoon, Swansea to london electrification ( train ). to name but two.

What about the Swansea Bay city deal? And on the point of electrifying the railway from Cardiff to Swansea. That’s in Wales and perhaps the WAG should take responsibility? The UK government is paying across England’s and into Wales, so why aren’t the wag paying for the rest? We know the answer don’t we!
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 17:41 - Apr 24 with 4087 viewsHighjack

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:49 - Apr 24 by blaenaugwentjack

We get more funding per head than England.

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 18:55 - Apr 24 with 4016 viewsKilkennyjack

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:54 - Apr 24 by costalotta

Sorry, I can see how that was confusing.

I live in Wales most of the time. Wales is a principality. The other places I spend my time are not at all relevant to this.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 16:55]

wiki says ...

Wales was a principality, once upon a time. But that was in 1542. 472 years ago… 472 years.

Wales is a country. A nation. We have our own laws. We have a Government, a legislature.

But what, pray tell, is a "principality"?

The Oxford English Dictionary describes a principality as being: "The territory held or governed by a prince."

Now some may offer the Prince of Wales up as an answer to the issue at hand, but that would be wholly inappropriate, since Charles holds no constitutional responsibility over our homeland. His designation is granted by the Queen, and is an entirely traditional title.

No, Wales is a country (472 years-worth of country-dom, remember!).

In fact, in 2008 the Welsh Government issued a statement on this very issue:

"Wales is not a principality. Although we are joined with England by land, and we are part of Great Britain, Wales is a country in its own right."

Happy to help

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024