Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next FM to be from Cardiff 08:11 - Apr 24 with 9016 viewsCopperJack

We are truly f*cked. Supported by our very own Mike Hedges...says a lot.

Yes, I know he's from west Wales, but he's lived in Cardiff for over 20 years, there's no doubt the city-state machine will continue apace. It was bad enough under Carwyn and he wasn't even from there. I thought with the way our AMs tamely accepted their party decimating our city it was to advance their own careers in the party, but neither even attempted to get it.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 18:57 - Apr 24 with 2799 viewsKilkennyjack

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 11:59 - Apr 24 by costalotta

Get rid of the welsh government/assembly.

We need less government, not more! Surely you all see that now?

The welsh govt dont waste huge amounts of money on illegal wars, brexit, and trident.

Get rid of Westmonster.

Beware of the Risen People

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 19:00 - Apr 24 with 2794 viewsexiledclaseboy

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 17:10 - Apr 24 by costalotta

What about the Swansea Bay city deal? And on the point of electrifying the railway from Cardiff to Swansea. That’s in Wales and perhaps the WAG should take responsibility? The UK government is paying across England’s and into Wales, so why aren’t the wag paying for the rest? We know the answer don’t we!

We do. It’s because the UK government hasn’t devolved that area of transport policy to the Welsh Assembly. The Welsh government couldn’t take the decision on electrifying the line between Cardiff and Swansea whether it wants to do that or not. Same goes for the city deal. They’re U.K. government decisions.

Poll: Tory leader

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 19:23 - Apr 24 with 2769 viewsWingstandwood

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 19:00 - Apr 24 by exiledclaseboy

We do. It’s because the UK government hasn’t devolved that area of transport policy to the Welsh Assembly. The Welsh government couldn’t take the decision on electrifying the line between Cardiff and Swansea whether it wants to do that or not. Same goes for the city deal. They’re U.K. government decisions.

The appalling and sad thing is? Wales This Week current affairs did a programme showing we now have a transport system/infrastructure that belongs to a bygone era fifty years in the past. Shocking to the extreme!

Argus!

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 19:34 - Apr 24 with 2759 viewsmax936

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 11:59 - Apr 24 by costalotta

Get rid of the welsh government/assembly.

We need less government, not more! Surely you all see that now?

I fully agree.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 21:09 - Apr 24 with 2721 viewsPrivate_Partz

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 17:41 - Apr 24 by Highjack

We get more funding per head than England.

...and we bloody well need it as well.
I have nothing against regionalised governments provided there is a lean Local Government operation working below them.
They can encourage business development and lobby Central Government for infrastructure projects.
Unfortunately we have fivefold problems in Wales.

*Too much government with 22 LAs sitting below the Assembly creating divide ad rule.
*Career politicians not fighting their corner.
*Sheep voters supporting Welsh Labour never mind how they are dry effed creating complacency in the Party and a complete lack of foresight or ambition.
*Considered an irrelevance by Westminster.
*Putting the few eggs we have into the Cardiff Centric basket.

Unless we address most of these issues the whole of Wales will be effed up and that includes Cardiff as it gets swallowed up by the Bristol power house.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 21:16 - Apr 24 with 2712 viewsKilkennyjack

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 21:09 - Apr 24 by Private_Partz

...and we bloody well need it as well.
I have nothing against regionalised governments provided there is a lean Local Government operation working below them.
They can encourage business development and lobby Central Government for infrastructure projects.
Unfortunately we have fivefold problems in Wales.

*Too much government with 22 LAs sitting below the Assembly creating divide ad rule.
*Career politicians not fighting their corner.
*Sheep voters supporting Welsh Labour never mind how they are dry effed creating complacency in the Party and a complete lack of foresight or ambition.
*Considered an irrelevance by Westminster.
*Putting the few eggs we have into the Cardiff Centric basket.

Unless we address most of these issues the whole of Wales will be effed up and that includes Cardiff as it gets swallowed up by the Bristol power house.

London rule is killing Wales.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 21:17]

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 09:32 - Apr 25 with 2642 viewscostalotta

Clasie you’ve missed the point.
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 10:14 - Apr 25 with 2634 viewsHighjack

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 21:16 - Apr 24 by Kilkennyjack

London rule also appears to be killing London judging by that darker splodge in the London area.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 21:13 - Apr 25 with 2584 viewsCopperJack

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 21:16 - Apr 24 by Kilkennyjack

Correction, Cardiff rule is killing Wales. Swansea was economically stronger pre-1997. Remember town when it had shops? Marina was built pre-devolution, pre-Cardiff Bay. Look what the WAG has done to Cardiff, makes me sick. Now, the next FM will be from Cardiff, and will probably make things even worse. We are the most idiotic nation on earth to vote for this.

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 22:56 - Apr 25 with 2564 viewsKilkennyjack

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 21:13 - Apr 25 by CopperJack

Correction, Cardiff rule is killing Wales. Swansea was economically stronger pre-1997. Remember town when it had shops? Marina was built pre-devolution, pre-Cardiff Bay. Look what the WAG has done to Cardiff, makes me sick. Now, the next FM will be from Cardiff, and will probably make things even worse. We are the most idiotic nation on earth to vote for this.

Nope its London.

They don’t care about Wales.

Wales does not get the money it should get.

Riddle me this - where did the £4 Trillion from extracted welsh coal go ?

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 23:04 - Apr 25 with 2554 viewsPrivate_Partz

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 22:56 - Apr 25 by Kilkennyjack

Nope its London.

Personally I think it is a double whammy for us.

*Westminster don't give a toss about Wales. We should not feel left out though as they don't care about huge swathes of the UK as well as us.

*The Welsh Assembly don't care about anything outside of Cardiff. What little that comes into Wales goes into the SE.
Hence Cardiff is one of the boom cities of Europe and the rest of Wales is a wasteland.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 23:11 - Apr 25 with 2543 viewstrampie

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 23:04 - Apr 25 by Private_Partz

Personally I think it is a double whammy for us.

*Westminster don't give a toss about Wales. We should not feel left out though as they don't care about huge swathes of the UK as well as us.

*The Welsh Assembly don't care about anything outside of Cardiff. What little that comes into Wales goes into the SE.
Hence Cardiff is one of the boom cities of Europe and the rest of Wales is a wasteland.

What you may not be aware of is its UK wide and even Worldwide, everything is going to cities particularly big cities.
It is an economic policy across the World including the UK, lots live in cities and that is what they deliberately encourage.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 23:20 - Apr 25 with 2538 viewsPrivate_Partz

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 23:11 - Apr 25 by trampie

What you may not be aware of is its UK wide and even Worldwide, everything is going to cities particularly big cities.
It is an economic policy across the World including the UK, lots live in cities and that is what they deliberately encourage.

So you think the rest of Wales is in fine fettle then?
You think London centric in England is OK?
At least the English are trying to redress the balance somewhat.
Scotland is a fine example. Only a couple of million larger population and Wales but they do fine job of distributing wealth amongst their cities.
Sometimes I think you are arguing with me just for the sake of it ;-)
[Post edited 26 Apr 2018 7:21]

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 23:23 - Apr 25 with 2528 viewstrampie

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 23:20 - Apr 25 by Private_Partz

So you think the rest of Wales is in fine fettle then?
You think London centric in England is OK?
At least the English are trying to redress the balance somewhat.
Scotland is a fine example. Only a couple of million larger population and Wales but they do fine job of distributing wealth amongst their cities.
Sometimes I think you are arguing with me just for the sake of it ;-)
[Post edited 26 Apr 2018 7:21]

Not at all.

Large cities are the latest capitalist dream, easier and cheaper to provide services, smaller carbon footprint etc

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 23:37 - Apr 25 with 2526 viewsPrivate_Partz

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 23:23 - Apr 25 by trampie

Not at all.

Large cities are the latest capitalist dream, easier and cheaper to provide services, smaller carbon footprint etc

Like all things in life I think it is a balance. The larger populations are bound to get more but that does not mean to say transport infrastructure cannot be built to create wealth elsewhere. This can enable natural resources to be exploited like ports, tourism. Natural resources etc.
Swansea is a fine example of an area being marginalised because of its poor and declining transport infastructure. Swansea Docks is a very sad place at the moment. It hasn't got a hope. We have it Bad but the farm track roads of the rest of Wales scupper any chance of ecenomic development.

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 23:45 - Apr 25 with 2516 viewstrampie

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 23:37 - Apr 25 by Private_Partz

Like all things in life I think it is a balance. The larger populations are bound to get more but that does not mean to say transport infrastructure cannot be built to create wealth elsewhere. This can enable natural resources to be exploited like ports, tourism. Natural resources etc.
Swansea is a fine example of an area being marginalised because of its poor and declining transport infastructure. Swansea Docks is a very sad place at the moment. It hasn't got a hope. We have it Bad but the farm track roads of the rest of Wales scupper any chance of ecenomic development.

In rural areas, doctors surgeries, chemists, post offices, schools, police stations etc all closing, not to mention libraries, pubs, corner shops, churches, banks and so on.
Younger people are moving away to look for work, Swansea is better off than lots of rural areas of Wales for services.

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 07:23 - Apr 26 with 2480 viewsPrivate_Partz

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 23:45 - Apr 25 by trampie

In rural areas, doctors surgeries, chemists, post offices, schools, police stations etc all closing, not to mention libraries, pubs, corner shops, churches, banks and so on.
Younger people are moving away to look for work, Swansea is better off than lots of rural areas of Wales for services.

I agree entirely have an up arrow. :-)

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 10:48 - Apr 26 with 2450 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Some exellent points brought up on here on infrastructure, banking services, rural v cities and the Cardiff central assembly, things have to change and drastically but, that has to be spearheaded by vigorous lobbing by are am,s and the voters at the ballot box. From my point of view and what i see/hear is that area,s like mine have had enough of being forgotten about and their is a tangible animosity towards the status quo at the assembly.
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 15:39 - Apr 26 with 2417 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Thanks for giving the correct answer on transport, i did,nt get round to answering the question.
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:39 - Apr 26 with 2391 viewsCopperJack

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 22:56 - Apr 25 by Kilkennyjack

Nope its London.

Again, absolutely not, Cardiff has done very nicely out of devolution and is now one of the fastest growing cities in Europe, and Cardiff is in Wales. Wales gets money, but spends it all within a 30 mile radius. Not saying we get enough, but we get more, per head, than England, and England's cities outside the capital mange to develop economically. The WAG seem to have put everywhere outside of Cardiff on 'managed decline'. We're expendable.

Riddle me this, how much did Welsh Labour spend on St Davids? Or Cardiff Bay? They spent £20m pa just maintaining the latter, and £40m on just developing the Millenium Centre. Name me one thing they've spent money on in Swansea? Bus station/museum/bay campus was EU funding. They give us nothing.

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 21:54 - Apr 26 with 2350 viewsKilkennyjack

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 16:39 - Apr 26 by CopperJack

Again, absolutely not, Cardiff has done very nicely out of devolution and is now one of the fastest growing cities in Europe, and Cardiff is in Wales. Wales gets money, but spends it all within a 30 mile radius. Not saying we get enough, but we get more, per head, than England, and England's cities outside the capital mange to develop economically. The WAG seem to have put everywhere outside of Cardiff on 'managed decline'. We're expendable.

Riddle me this, how much did Welsh Labour spend on St Davids? Or Cardiff Bay? They spent £20m pa just maintaining the latter, and £40m on just developing the Millenium Centre. Name me one thing they've spent money on in Swansea? Bus station/museum/bay campus was EU funding. They give us nothing.

I will not argue about Swansea getting more investment from wherever.
God bless the city deal, electrified railways, tidal lagoons, and better transport for our region.
And the nice European people who helped us.

But its the uk government that wasted billions on Trident, Brexit, many illegal wars, Hs2, Cross-rail, and Heathrow expansion. All cost Wales, all contribute little to Wales.

Budget 2018-19 : The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2018-19 is £15.5bn.
Trident alone is costing £205 bn.

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 09:28 - Apr 29 with 2279 viewscostalotta

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 21:54 - Apr 26 by Kilkennyjack

I will not argue about Swansea getting more investment from wherever.
God bless the city deal, electrified railways, tidal lagoons, and better transport for our region.
And the nice European people who helped us.

But its the uk government that wasted billions on Trident, Brexit, many illegal wars, Hs2, Cross-rail, and Heathrow expansion. All cost Wales, all contribute little to Wales.

Budget 2018-19 : The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2018-19 is £15.5bn.
Trident alone is costing £205 bn.

Not that I am a supporter of trident but in the eyes of parliament do they see it as deterrent to anyone nuking only for the English part of the UK?

It is what it is. You bang on about those wars blah blah. They’re horrible yes...illegal, maybe but that’s laughable given that all wars are illegal when you actually think about it. Wars rarely benefit a nation but they always benefit some individuals within the nations involved.

Look, we’d live in the UK. Wales is part of the UK. Get your head of the past , loose the chip,on the shoulder and think bigger!

We don’t need the wag.
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 14:05 - Apr 29 with 2231 viewsKilkennyjack

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 09:28 - Apr 29 by costalotta

Not that I am a supporter of trident but in the eyes of parliament do they see it as deterrent to anyone nuking only for the English part of the UK?

It is what it is. You bang on about those wars blah blah. They’re horrible yes...illegal, maybe but that’s laughable given that all wars are illegal when you actually think about it. Wars rarely benefit a nation but they always benefit some individuals within the nations involved.

Look, we’d live in the UK. Wales is part of the UK. Get your head of the past , loose the chip,on the shoulder and think bigger!

We don’t need the wag.

My substantive point is that the uk government wastes billions.

Instead of Trident, then invest in our young people and public services.
Its as simple as that.

Modern European nations like Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Ireland, Holland, italy, spain, and Greece etc don't spend on Trident.
And nobody attacks them.
Its all right wing Tory bollox.

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 15:44 - Apr 29 with 2213 viewscostalotta

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 14:05 - Apr 29 by Kilkennyjack

My substantive point is that the uk government wastes billions.

Instead of Trident, then invest in our young people and public services.
Its as simple as that.

Modern European nations like Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Ireland, Holland, italy, spain, and Greece etc don't spend on Trident.
And nobody attacks them.
Its all right wing Tory bollox.

And my point is ALL governments waste millions... hence why we need less NOT more!
Next FM to be from Cardiff on 15:47 - Apr 29 with 2211 viewsexiledclaseboy

Next FM to be from Cardiff on 15:44 - Apr 29 by costalotta

And my point is ALL governments waste millions... hence why we need less NOT more!

Let’s get rid of Westminster then and devolve all powers to the four constituent nations of the U.K. sorted.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024