Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This will upset some... 22:12 - Apr 24 with 4966 viewsNeath_Jack

Not only do we not get one of those new fandangled high speed electric trains, they're now going to lower our speed limits as well.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/major-welsh-roads-50mph-limits-145

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

This will upset some... on 22:14 - Apr 24 with 4270 viewsexiledclaseboy

To quote someone else (may even have been you):

Partzy’s gonna go radio rental. Again.

Poll: Tory leader

This will upset some... on 22:24 - Apr 24 with 4221 viewsNeath_Jack

This will upset some... on 22:14 - Apr 24 by exiledclaseboy

I can’t take credit for that one, I just repeated it after seeing someone else post it

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

This will upset some... on 22:25 - Apr 24 with 4216 viewsPrivate_Partz

I have often been spouting about how the Heads of The Valley twinning would take a sizeble proportion of traffic off the Margam flyover and Brynglas.
I went over the HOV by mistake t'other day. Bloody Sat Nav.
I noticed that it is only being twinned as far as West side of Merthyr. Thereby only benefitting the the Cardiff Valleys.
After the Glynneath Bypass ( built before WAG I think) we will still have to negotiate roundabouts and murderous 3 lane roads until we get to Merthyr.
The whole of SW Wales is in transport infastructure lock down.

Edit: and it was Darran that coined the phrase I believe Clasey ;-)
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 22:28]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

This will upset some... on 17:22 - Apr 25 with 4058 viewsLord_Bony

We gets everything here in Cardiff.

AFLI. More each day.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

This will upset some... on 17:28 - Apr 25 with 4049 viewsDarran

This will upset some... on 22:14 - Apr 24 by exiledclaseboy

It was me that said that.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This will upset some... on 17:31 - Apr 25 with 4044 viewsHighjack

This is being done to tackle air pollution apparently, as cars emit more emissions when going faster, but surely if cars are going 15% slower they’ll all be in the road for 15% longer?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

This will upset some... on 17:54 - Apr 25 with 4007 viewsJackfath

This will upset some... on 17:31 - Apr 25 by Highjack

This is being done to tackle air pollution apparently, as cars emit more emissions when going faster, but surely if cars are going 15% slower they’ll all be in the road for 15% longer?

Depends on if you're going home or not.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

This will upset some... on 18:25 - Apr 25 with 3941 viewsAmbergambler

That took me right back to maths lessons in school then
Login to get fewer ads

This will upset some... on 18:37 - Apr 25 with 3918 viewsmax936

Bout time they privatised the roads, its done wonders for public transport

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

This will upset some... on 18:39 - Apr 25 with 3914 viewsclloy2

Nothing to do with the fact that the M4 runs alongside one of the largest steel plants in Europe, emitting god knows what. If its cars at fault, then by default a 50 mph speed limit needs to be applied to every bit of urban motorway in the Country !!!
WAG cocking up `Wales since devolution
This will upset some... on 18:41 - Apr 25 with 3911 viewsWingstandwood

What better a way to sabotage any future prospects for attracting inward investment to help facilitate (outside of Cardiff) Wales sh#te 'two-bob' economy!

What better a way to fulfill mainstream political parties desire to turn Wales (outside of Cardiff) into the new economic competitor/rival to Albania!

Not only does Wales have a transport system five decades behind the times? But that 1960's transport system now has speed restrictions.

Argus!

This will upset some... on 18:43 - Apr 25 with 3903 viewsmax936

This will upset some... on 18:41 - Apr 25 by Wingstandwood

What better a way to sabotage any future prospects for attracting inward investment to help facilitate (outside of Cardiff) Wales sh#te 'two-bob' economy!

What better a way to fulfill mainstream political parties desire to turn Wales (outside of Cardiff) into the new economic competitor/rival to Albania!

Not only does Wales have a transport system five decades behind the times? But that 1960's transport system now has speed restrictions.

Its all to protect the environment mun.

This will upset some... on 18:45 - Apr 25 with 3896 viewsclloy2

This will upset some... on 18:41 - Apr 25 by Wingstandwood

I'll think you'll find that Albania would take great offence to having their economic prospects compared with that of S/W & N Wales.
This will upset some... on 18:55 - Apr 25 with 3876 viewsWingstandwood

This will upset some... on 18:45 - Apr 25 by clloy2

I'll think you'll find that Albania would take great offence to having their economic prospects compared with that of S/W & N Wales.

At the rate this country is rapidly going downhill? Local council authorities will with their 'twinning-initiatives' have to start looking at towns and cities in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Watch out Llanelli you're soon to be twinned with Kanyabayonga!

Argus!

This will upset some... on 18:56 - Apr 25 with 3871 viewsjack2jack

A few years back the government at the time said that diesel cars were less polluting,so lots of people went out and bought diesel cars, they were given cheap tax, and incentives to buy these. Not long ago diesel was named as the fuel of satan, and highly toxic by some other government clown department.They now want to slow everything down, because it is in part the fault of diesel cars.
You really couldn't make it up.
Next point, so they want to extend the 50 mph west towards Llandarcy junction,brilliant,have you seen the traffic around that junction, and they want to slow everything down approaching it, it going to be carnage.
This will upset some... on 19:04 - Apr 25 with 3851 viewsWingstandwood

Soon to be unveiled future WAG transport blueprint and presentation incorporating the 'all Wales outside of Cardiff' initiative!

Argus!

This will upset some... on 19:10 - Apr 25 with 3837 viewsPrivate_Partz

This will upset some... on 18:56 - Apr 25 by jack2jack

A few years back the government at the time said that diesel cars were less polluting,so lots of people went out and bought diesel cars, they were given cheap tax, and incentives to buy these. Not long ago diesel was named as the fuel of satan, and highly toxic by some other government clown department.They now want to slow everything down, because it is in part the fault of diesel cars.
You really couldn't make it up.
Next point, so they want to extend the 50 mph west towards Llandarcy junction,brilliant,have you seen the traffic around that junction, and they want to slow everything down approaching it, it going to be carnage.

That area has delays comparable to Brynglas as it is. The two lane carriageway is in such a state there are temporary 50 mph signs kicking around at the moment between the various patching works.
Crap transport systems effect any development in the local economy.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

This will upset some... on 19:24 - Apr 25 with 3798 viewsjack2jack

This will upset some... on 19:10 - Apr 25 by Private_Partz

That area has delays comparable to Brynglas as it is. The two lane carriageway is in such a state there are temporary 50 mph signs kicking around at the moment between the various patching works.

The queues going East up to the existing 50mph are horrendous at times,extending this limit further West, Will cause more problems at Llandarcy, probably Birchgrove and possibly to Ynysforgan, barmy idea imho.
I also assume they will need to extend the average speed cameras to cover the proposed extension.
This will upset some... on 19:30 - Apr 25 with 3787 viewsBanosswan

This will upset some... on 22:25 - Apr 24 by Private_Partz

I have often been spouting about how the Heads of The Valley twinning would take a sizeble proportion of traffic off the Margam flyover and Brynglas.
I went over the HOV by mistake t'other day. Bloody Sat Nav.
I noticed that it is only being twinned as far as West side of Merthyr. Thereby only benefitting the the Cardiff Valleys.
After the Glynneath Bypass ( built before WAG I think) we will still have to negotiate roundabouts and murderous 3 lane roads until we get to Merthyr.
The whole of SW Wales is in transport infastructure lock down.

Edit: and it was Darran that coined the phrase I believe Clasey ;-)
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 22:28]

They're dualling to hirwaun.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

This will upset some... on 19:30 - Apr 25 with 3779 viewsWingstandwood

This will upset some... on 19:10 - Apr 25 by Private_Partz

I think you've got bullsh#t antenna twitching like a good few others on this forum! A case of? It's got f#ck all to do with environmental issues i.e. its solely down to the fact that Wales (reported on HTV Wales current affairs!) has a transport system that is now sabotaging
Welsh economic prospects and future prosperity.

Of course neither Westminster or WAG are going to admit to the disgraceful neglect, disgraceful lack of investment and disgraceful ineptitude going back to a time when my mother had a two channel black and white TV and a mono-6ft radiogram playing 78rpm Brett Marvin and the Thunderbolts singles.

Argus!

This will upset some... on 19:43 - Apr 25 with 3740 views3swan

This will upset some... on 19:30 - Apr 25 by Banosswan

They're dualling to hirwaun.

According to the link no final decision yet.

https://beta.gov.wales/a465-section-5-and-6-dowlais-top-hirwaun#section-2521

Timetable
Public exhibitions: December 2015
Publication of draft orders and environmental statement: July and August 2017
Pre-inquiry meeting: 1 March 2018
Publication of draft supplementary orders and supplementary environmental statement: 7 March 2018
Public local inquiry: 24 April 2018
Minister's decision: September 2018
Procure contractor: autumn 2019
Start of construction: end 2019
Completion of new section of trunk road: end 2022

Next steps
An independent inspector has been appointed to conduct a public local inquiry commencing 24 April 2018.

This will then inform the next stage of ministerial decision making as to whether to proceed to construction of the project.

The public local inquiry is planned to take place on Tuesday 24 April at the Orbit Centre, Merthyr Tydfil.
This will upset some... on 19:46 - Apr 25 with 3728 viewsBanosswan

This will upset some... on 19:43 - Apr 25 by 3swan

According to the link no final decision yet.

https://beta.gov.wales/a465-section-5-and-6-dowlais-top-hirwaun#section-2521

Timetable
Public exhibitions: December 2015
Publication of draft orders and environmental statement: July and August 2017
Pre-inquiry meeting: 1 March 2018
Publication of draft supplementary orders and supplementary environmental statement: 7 March 2018
Public local inquiry: 24 April 2018
Minister's decision: September 2018
Procure contractor: autumn 2019
Start of construction: end 2019
Completion of new section of trunk road: end 2022

Next steps
An independent inspector has been appointed to conduct a public local inquiry commencing 24 April 2018.

This will then inform the next stage of ministerial decision making as to whether to proceed to construction of the project.

The public local inquiry is planned to take place on Tuesday 24 April at the Orbit Centre, Merthyr Tydfil.

They'd better agree it.

https://beta.gov.wales/a465-section-5-and-6-dowlais-top-hirwaun

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

This will upset some... on 19:51 - Apr 25 with 3704 views3swan

This will upset some... on 19:46 - Apr 25 by Banosswan

They'd better agree it.

https://beta.gov.wales/a465-section-5-and-6-dowlais-top-hirwaun

Guess it will come down to who funds it. EU money has been involved so far
This will upset some... on 21:09 - Apr 25 with 3630 viewsLeonWasGod

This will upset some... on 18:43 - Apr 25 by max936

Its all to protect the environment mun.

No it's not. It's on the grounds of air quality and human health.

They haven't half fecked up transport poliy in the last decade, Tories, Labour, most governments in Europe. From the little I've read I'm still not sure they've got a handle on it. This government are causing panic now and hitting new car sales by saying that diesel cars are more polluting than petrol, when there's very little difference between the two for modern engines. It's slightly older engines where diesel causes more air quality problems, but that cat's long out of the bag.

It'll be quicker to walk soon. I might get a donkey, although they probably fart too much.
This will upset some... on 22:08 - Apr 25 with 3567 viewsmax936

This will upset some... on 21:09 - Apr 25 by LeonWasGod

No it's not. It's on the grounds of air quality and human health.

They haven't half fecked up transport poliy in the last decade, Tories, Labour, most governments in Europe. From the little I've read I'm still not sure they've got a handle on it. This government are causing panic now and hitting new car sales by saying that diesel cars are more polluting than petrol, when there's very little difference between the two for modern engines. It's slightly older engines where diesel causes more air quality problems, but that cat's long out of the bag.

It'll be quicker to walk soon. I might get a donkey, although they probably fart too much.

Air quality, when there's a Steelworks virtually alongside the road, look at the traffic from Magor to virtually Cardiff gate and from Pencoed to the Celtic Manor roundabout in the mornings especially, why isn't a speed restriction being implemented there, whats worse there is the congestion which causes even more pollution especially on dreary damp days.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024