Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player Of The Year Awards 10:21 - Apr 30 with 2289 viewsQJumpingJack

Stoke have cancelled theirs.

Perhaps the club should consider cancelling the event or turning it into an event to celebrate the success of the U23s this season.

It doesn't feel right with a big 8 days ahead from Saturday for us to be celebrating the season we have had.

Player Of The Year Awards on 14:50 - Apr 30 with 2205 viewsPhil_S

Cant see them cancelling it at 48 hours notice although I do agree its madness to be holding it now given the magnitude of the 3 games we play in 8 days

But ours is not to reason why so who do you think will win - these were last years categories (from memory)

Player of the season
Players player of the season
Newcomer of the season
Away player of the season
Goal of the season
Top goalscorer
Young player of the season
Lifetime achievement award
Academy player of the season
Clubman of the season

I think that was all
Player Of The Year Awards on 15:33 - Apr 30 with 2138 viewsUxbridge

Player Of The Year Awards on 14:50 - Apr 30 by Phil_S

Cant see them cancelling it at 48 hours notice although I do agree its madness to be holding it now given the magnitude of the 3 games we play in 8 days

But ours is not to reason why so who do you think will win - these were last years categories (from memory)

Player of the season
Players player of the season
Newcomer of the season
Away player of the season
Goal of the season
Top goalscorer
Young player of the season
Lifetime achievement award
Academy player of the season
Clubman of the season

I think that was all

The original proposed date next week after the Soton game had the potential to be far madder. That was batted back by the Trust.

Point was made that it's not the first time an awards dinner has been arranged whilst there are still questions about our league status, given that such things usually take a few weeks to arrange. True, it's probably the first time things have been this squeaky, but if you only do these things when relegation is an impossibility by the time the wheels are in motion I doubt we'll have one again whilst in the top flight.

Not that I've got much of a dog in this fight, I'll be washing what's left of my hair on Wednesday night.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Player Of The Year Awards on 16:15 - Apr 30 with 2069 viewsPhil_S

Player Of The Year Awards on 15:33 - Apr 30 by Uxbridge

The original proposed date next week after the Soton game had the potential to be far madder. That was batted back by the Trust.

Point was made that it's not the first time an awards dinner has been arranged whilst there are still questions about our league status, given that such things usually take a few weeks to arrange. True, it's probably the first time things have been this squeaky, but if you only do these things when relegation is an impossibility by the time the wheels are in motion I doubt we'll have one again whilst in the top flight.

Not that I've got much of a dog in this fight, I'll be washing what's left of my hair on Wednesday night.

I certainly don't agree that it should be cancelled - you cannto have an end of season dinner just when things are looking good.

I do though question the timing although you are right this week is more sensible than next - whoever was championing that cause I assume does not understand football.

The most logical time for these is a couple of days after the season (have said so for years) but unfortunately our highly paid stars wont stay behind for a couple of days to make that happen

I'm not washing my hair on Wednesday but will be in a pub in Glasgow watching the second leg of the Champions League semi final. Quite possibly with a beer in my hand because that is the way to do these things

On the subject of the dinner, I think I have had my say many times but this is not the event that Ian Roberts created when he was on the Trust board. The number of freebies given away (from memory this was 40% of the tickets last couple of years) makes it all wrong and at £50 per ticket it has become what the EFRC wanted it to become - a corporate dinner rather than an event for the fans but that's another story

This post has been edited by an administrator
Player Of The Year Awards on 21:46 - May 2 with 1866 viewsshandyjack

i had too laugh when i saw Ayew win top goalscorer award when there is 3 games left in the season, also Roberts winning best newcomer when he's been at the club since he was 10

Poll: Expectation for the season

Player Of The Year Awards on 21:50 - May 2 with 1851 viewspencoedjack

Player Of The Year Awards on 21:46 - May 2 by shandyjack

i had too laugh when i saw Ayew win top goalscorer award when there is 3 games left in the season, also Roberts winning best newcomer when he's been at the club since he was 10

Who won the main awards Shandy ?
Player Of The Year Awards on 21:54 - May 2 with 1838 viewsPozuelosSideys

Only players worthy of anything much this season are:

Fabianski
Van Der Hoof
Roberts
J Ayew

The rest can serve the tables and bring the drinks

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Player Of The Year Awards on 21:55 - May 2 with 1834 viewspencoedjack

Player Of The Year Awards on 21:54 - May 2 by PozuelosSideys

Only players worthy of anything much this season are:

Fabianski
Van Der Hoof
Roberts
J Ayew

The rest can serve the tables and bring the drinks

I’d add Olsen but know I’m in the minority.
Player Of The Year Awards on 22:08 - May 2 with 1797 viewsshandyjack

Player Of The Year Awards on 21:50 - May 2 by pencoedjack

Who won the main awards Shandy ?

Ayew players player
Fab Away Player
Fab supporters player
Byers u23's
Ayer gos against Wolves

Poll: Expectation for the season

Login to get fewer ads

Player Of The Year Awards on 22:08 - May 2 with 1796 viewsMrSwerve

Why can't they have their end of season dinner/awards at, you know, the end of the season?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Player Of The Year Awards on 22:12 - May 2 with 1773 viewsOldjack

Player Of The Year Awards on 22:08 - May 2 by MrSwerve

Why can't they have their end of season dinner/awards at, you know, the end of the season?

Treacherous Huw has book a world tour on a luxury yacht on May 14

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Player Of The Year Awards on 22:33 - May 2 with 1714 viewsbonymine

Player Of The Year Awards on 22:12 - May 2 by Oldjack

No Alan Huw is not treacherous at all you can’t say that ......

He’s just a lying, cheating, conniving, slimy, gold digging Sellout Kunt and please be corrected on this point if you please ....👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Player Of The Year Awards on 22:33 - May 2 with 1713 viewsmax936

Player Of The Year Awards on 22:12 - May 2 by Oldjack

Lets hope it gets lost whilst sailing through the Bermuda Triangle.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Player Of The Year Awards on 22:33 - May 2 with 1712 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cos the players bugger off more or less ten minutes after the final whistle against Stoke.

This one should have been binned or held after the stoke game and someone should have told the players to hang around for a few more days.

Poll: Tory leader

Player Of The Year Awards on 22:36 - May 2 with 1701 viewsswancity

A meaningless waste of time with three games left.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Player Of The Year Awards on 22:47 - May 2 with 1681 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Player Of The Year Awards on 22:33 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

Cos the players bugger off more or less ten minutes after the final whistle against Stoke.

This one should have been binned or held after the stoke game and someone should have told the players to hang around for a few more days.

If we lose to Stoke they’ll all move quicker than they have all season. They’ll be in the car park where they can get a phone signal telling their agents to get them the f**k out of here.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Player Of The Year Awards on 22:59 - May 2 with 1645 viewsbonymine

Player Of The Year Awards on 22:47 - May 2 by Joe_bradshaw

If we lose to Stoke they’ll all move quicker than they have all season. They’ll be in the car park where they can get a phone signal telling their agents to get them the f**k out of here.

Fickle players, fickle owners, fickle ex-owners, fickle fans .......why the f*ck are we here really we must be so sadistic !!

Once a Jack always a Jack apparently Alan despite all the years of suffering we are all here still !!!

YJB 👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Player Of The Year Awards on 23:06 - May 2 with 1636 viewsQJumpingJack

Just watched the video from this evening.

HJs speech doesn't come through on the video as there is no audio/issues with the microphone.

Pearlman spoke - he decided that the event should take place this evening as Carlos had told him it won't be a distraction.
He read from two sheets of A4 paper and it felt very scripted.
Player Of The Year Awards on 23:12 - May 2 with 1629 viewsKilkennyjack

Egg-actly ...

Beware of the Risen People

Player Of The Year Awards on 23:46 - May 2 with 1590 viewsAndyNak

No lifetime achievement award tonight??

It’s the only award I have any interest in?!!

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Player Of The Year Awards on 19:40 - May 3 with 1247 viewsQJumpingJack

Was the room full last night or was there more staff than fans present?
Player Of The Year Awards on 19:46 - May 3 with 1238 viewsMrSwerve

Player Of The Year Awards on 22:33 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

They know the date of the final game about 9 months before, surely it's not hard to organise it a day or two after and ask the players to stay for 1 more day? It's not exactly work is it...a freebie piss up and a meal...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Player Of The Year Awards on 19:48 - May 3 with 1233 viewsQJumpingJack

I would imagine our World Cup players will leave Swansea to meet up with their team mates?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024