Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Oliver BOGOF 13:49 - May 1 with 7639 viewsFlashberryjack

Wants to ban BOGOF.
I think he should stick to cooking, and keep his f*cking beak out of what other people do.
What do you lot think ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 14:03 - May 1 with 3059 viewsomarjack

I can identify with his cause..

I've also sent a letter to my MP in an effort to ban the despicable "buy a toothbrush,get a very tiny mouth wash bottle for free" scandalous policy..which I feel very strongly about.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 14:06 - May 1 with 3053 viewsFlashberryjack

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 14:03 - May 1 by omarjack

I've also sent a letter to my MP in an effort to ban the despicable "buy a toothbrush,get a very tiny mouth wash bottle for free" scandalous policy..which I feel very strongly about.

Yeah but he's a "Celebrity" mun.

Hello

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 14:14 - May 1 with 3032 viewslondonlisa2001

BOGOF causes an enormous amount of food waste.

It's not helping anyone as suppliers and supermarkets take the costs of promotions like BOGOF into their calculations when pricing their goods, so things are more expensive normally to be able to subsidise these offers.
Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 14:29 - May 1 with 3003 viewsFlashberryjack

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 14:14 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

It's not helping anyone as suppliers and supermarkets take the costs of promotions like BOGOF into their calculations when pricing their goods, so things are more expensive normally to be able to subsidise these offers.

That may or may be so in some cases, but I know quite a few people, including my household that utilise BOGO items and don't waste them, as I'm sure is the case with many other households.

Anyway! it annoys me when millionaire celebrities try to influence what we should or shouldn't do, and of course gain publicity at the same time.

Hello

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 14:45 - May 1 with 2987 viewsHighjack

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 14:14 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

No the cause of the food waste as ever is the stupidity of people who don’t have the basic common sense to not throw the food out one minute past it’s use by date even though it’s perfectly safe to eat for a long time after. Also they could freeze it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 14:47 - May 1 with 2982 viewsHighjack

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 14:29 - May 1 by Flashberryjack

That may or may be so in some cases, but I know quite a few people, including my household that utilise BOGO items and don't waste them, as I'm sure is the case with many other households.

Anyway! it annoys me when millionaire celebrities try to influence what we should or shouldn't do, and of course gain publicity at the same time.

Yeah and he’s banging on about obesity and forcing others to eat differently whilst being a fat bugger himself.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 14:55 - May 1 with 2971 viewsLord_Bony

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 14:47 - May 1 by Highjack

Yeah and he’s banging on about obesity and forcing others to eat differently whilst being a fat bugger himself.

True.

Jamie Oliver should BOGOF.

Or words to that effect.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 14:59 - May 1 with 2965 viewsFlashberryjack

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 14:47 - May 1 by Highjack

Yeah! he's hired a personal trainer to lose all the weight he's gained by buying BOGOF offers.

And the fat hypocritical tw*t takes 6 sugars in his coffee, sugar tax ?

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 15:04 - May 1 with 2954 viewsHighjack

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 14:59 - May 1 by Flashberryjack

Yeah! he's hired a personal trainer to lose all the weight he's gained by buying BOGOF offers.

And the fat hypocritical tw*t takes 6 sugars in his coffee, sugar tax ?

Yep also he’s been paid a lot of money to advertise Morrison’s and it’s deals.

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 15:27 - May 1 with 2933 viewslondonlisa2001

As an example, Tesco stopped BOGOF on salad stuff as their research showed that it resulted in 68% waste. We throw away 15m tonnes of food in the Uk every year.

On, say, toothpaste / toilet rolls etc, that obviously isn't the same thing, but the reality is to subsidise the deals you're just paying more than you need to the rest of the time and on other products. You don't save money overall on non wasting products, it's just marketing, and the deals on wasting products (often used on short dated stuff to get rid of it) just means you throw it out instead of the supermarkets.
Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 16:22 - May 1 with 2880 viewstrinityann

The way they are shrinking products at the moment you need BOGOF just to make up one product.
Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 16:26 - May 1 with 2867 viewsHighjack

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 15:27 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

As an example, Tesco stopped BOGOF on salad stuff as their research showed that it resulted in 68% waste. We throw away 15m tonnes of food in the Uk every year.

On, say, toothpaste / toilet rolls etc, that obviously isn't the same thing, but the reality is to subsidise the deals you're just paying more than you need to the rest of the time and on other products. You don't save money overall on non wasting products, it's just marketing, and the deals on wasting products (often used on short dated stuff to get rid of it) just means you throw it out instead of the supermarkets.

And why do people and the supermarkets throw it out? Ridiculously short dates on everything. Despite it being perfectly good to eat.

When I was little my gran never had a fridge she had a pantry and would gather up all the leftover meat and veg and make a stew or a pie. It was delicious. It would have been well out of date by today’s standards. But nobody died.

Food use and safety is an art that has been lost through the last few generations.

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 16:29 - May 1 with 2861 viewsAmbergambler

Spot on.
Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 16:35 - May 1 with 2857 viewsAnotherJohn

What worries me is the increasing expansion of law to take in almost any aspect of everyday life that somebody considers undesirable; no smacking (Wales soon), no cheap alcohol (Scotland), no BOGOF - the list of potential targets is pretty long. I now know what Jurgen Habermas meant when he wrote of 'juridification' as the colonisation of the 'life world' by law.
Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 16:44 - May 1 with 2844 viewsbluey_the_blue

Oliver cost us Turkey Twizzlers at the expense of making himself look good, sell more o his books etc.

Oliver is happy to moralise and take the money from a supermarket who sell a lot of crap. It's not even like he's a Ramsey who at least has skilled himself up to 3 star Michelin level.

Oliver is a grubby little opportunist relying upon the public to accept his "status" as "authority" to make himself money his talent really doesn't deserve.
Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 17:16 - May 1 with 2815 viewsFlashberryjack

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 15:27 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

we only buy BOGOF if we need and will use it.

When the wife goes shopping, if there's a BOGOF offer on say beef mince, it's Spag ball for tea, and what's left over is in the freezer.

Same as many other items.

The problem is many people are lazy and just chuck left over food in the bin, banning BOGOF will do absolutely nothing to combat obesity or waste, no matter what the researchers tell us.

When I was a kid we had the skinniest dustbin in our street

Hello

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 17:32 - May 1 with 2800 viewssainthelens

Can sum him up in 2 words......busy kunt.
Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 17:36 - May 1 with 2788 viewsLoyal

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 14:03 - May 1 by omarjack

I feel your pain, nice lady I visit for a 20 quid noshing is considering the mouth wash option, world is going crazy.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 17:44 - May 1 with 2773 viewslondonlisa2001

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 16:26 - May 1 by Highjack

And why do people and the supermarkets throw it out? Ridiculously short dates on everything. Despite it being perfectly good to eat.

When I was little my gran never had a fridge she had a pantry and would gather up all the leftover meat and veg and make a stew or a pie. It was delicious. It would have been well out of date by today’s standards. But nobody died.

Food use and safety is an art that has been lost through the last few generations.

I agree. There's no magic 'go off' date.

One difference though (as well as your gran being able to cook), is that she wouldn't have dreamt of suing the shop for selling something that made her feel unwel. These days people do.

Actually the other difference, is that people these days don't accept sickness. When I was a kid, people had the odd upset stomach and didn't think about it. People go crazy about being slightly unwell for even a couple of hours these days.
Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 17:50 - May 1 with 2760 viewsJackfath

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 17:44 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

I agree. There's no magic 'go off' date.

One difference though (as well as your gran being able to cook), is that she wouldn't have dreamt of suing the shop for selling something that made her feel unwel. These days people do.

Actually the other difference, is that people these days don't accept sickness. When I was a kid, people had the odd upset stomach and didn't think about it. People go crazy about being slightly unwell for even a couple of hours these days.

Best post it on Facebook to let all know if you're poorly with a picture or two to go with it with the subject suitably forlorn.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 17:51 - May 1 with 2757 viewsLeonWasGod

PS in a nutshell...

Grumpy old gits!
Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 17:53 - May 1 with 2753 viewslondonlisa2001

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 17:16 - May 1 by Flashberryjack

we only buy BOGOF if we need and will use it.

When the wife goes shopping, if there's a BOGOF offer on say beef mince, it's Spag ball for tea, and what's left over is in the freezer.

Same as many other items.

The problem is many people are lazy and just chuck left over food in the bin, banning BOGOF will do absolutely nothing to combat obesity or waste, no matter what the researchers tell us.

When I was a kid we had the skinniest dustbin in our street

Yes, I do the same, but all the research shows it creates significant food waste.

I'm not arguing for a second about Jamie Oliver by the way, I can't bear him and am fed up of listening to his self serving crap.

I also disagree with legislating about such things. It's farcical.

Far better to have a proper campaign to teach children how to cook and budget. About nutrition, effects of crap food on health. Get them interested when they're tiny. Sort of stuff most of us are lucky enough to have been taught by our parents and grandparents. Some kids these days aren't so fortunate. Or maybe have parents that don't know either.

I know that I can cook for a week on bugger all money if I need to. Because my Mum had to sometimes, and my gran had to most of the time. That was passed on to me. Many wouldn't know where to begin.
Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:00 - May 1 with 2738 viewsFlashberryjack

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 17:53 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

Yes, I do the same, but all the research shows it creates significant food waste.

I'm not arguing for a second about Jamie Oliver by the way, I can't bear him and am fed up of listening to his self serving crap.

I also disagree with legislating about such things. It's farcical.

Far better to have a proper campaign to teach children how to cook and budget. About nutrition, effects of crap food on health. Get them interested when they're tiny. Sort of stuff most of us are lucky enough to have been taught by our parents and grandparents. Some kids these days aren't so fortunate. Or maybe have parents that don't know either.

I know that I can cook for a week on bugger all money if I need to. Because my Mum had to sometimes, and my gran had to most of the time. That was passed on to me. Many wouldn't know where to begin.

"Far better to have a proper campaign to teach children how to cook and budget. About nutrition, effects of crap food on health. Get them interested when they're tiny"

Absolutely spot on.

I bet our dustbin was skinnier than your Mums.

Hello

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:03 - May 1 with 2729 viewsJackfath

Many children are taught how to cook in school.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:06 - May 1 with 2721 viewslondonlisa2001

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:00 - May 1 by Flashberryjack

"Far better to have a proper campaign to teach children how to cook and budget. About nutrition, effects of crap food on health. Get them interested when they're tiny"

Absolutely spot on.

I bet our dustbin was skinnier than your Mums.

My Mum's was pretty empty to be honest. Far emptier than mine is, even though I aim to NEVER throw food away. Mine just has a lot of empty bottles in it...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024