Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tosh speaks 08:43 - May 2 with 4745 viewsKilkennyjack

What great great days.

Beware of the Risen People

Tosh speaks on 09:12 - May 2 with 4680 viewssainthelens

For those old enough to remember, what have you the most excitement... Preston or Reading @ Wembley. As a 15 yr old at the time it was and always will be the Preston game. The Reading game was fantastic but was more chuft for my 10 yr old son who was with me.
Tosh speaks on 10:21 - May 2 with 4573 viewstheloneranger

Tosh speaks on 09:12 - May 2 by sainthelens

For those old enough to remember, what have you the most excitement... Preston or Reading @ Wembley. As a 15 yr old at the time it was and always will be the Preston game. The Reading game was fantastic but was more chuft for my 10 yr old son who was with me.

How the floor of stand behind the goals at Preston didn't collapse, I don't know.

You had no choice but jump up and down, the floor was bouncing 😂😂....

Made out of Sleepers I think.

What a brilliant day out!!

Edit...

My niece was 13, and has never forgotten the excitement
[Post edited 2 May 2018 10:23]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Tosh speaks on 11:57 - May 2 with 4439 viewsunion_jack

Very good question. They were both extraordinary days but if I had to pick one it would be Reading by the very slimmest of margins.ll

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Tosh speaks on 13:23 - May 2 with 4347 viewscmajack

My sentiments entirely. Was at the preston game and it broke new ground as it was the first time we had made it to the top division. Though reading was really special really wanted it more for my son who hadn't seen top flight football up until then. Still have the preston programme at home.
Tosh speaks on 13:34 - May 2 with 4311 viewsFlashberryjack

Tosh speaks on 11:57 - May 2 by union_jack

Very good question. They were both extraordinary days but if I had to pick one it would be Reading by the very slimmest of margins.ll

I agree with this...I think.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tosh speaks on 14:48 - May 2 with 4237 viewsunion_jack

Tosh speaks on 13:34 - May 2 by Flashberryjack

I agree with this...I think.

So do I...I think! It's almost impossible to pick one.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Tosh speaks on 15:39 - May 2 with 4184 viewstheloneranger

Preston...just.

Plus revenge for the 1964 FA Cup Semi Final defeat.

We got promoted, they were relegated!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Tosh speaks on 16:45 - May 2 with 4112 viewstrampie

Tosh speaks on 11:57 - May 2 by union_jack

Definitely the Preston match as the Swans had never previously played in the top tier.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Tosh speaks on 17:34 - May 2 with 4053 viewstaffpunk

The Preston one was a strange day, probably the only time I wanted you to win a game. The result guaranteed Cardiff's safety at the bottom of the Division, think we went down the next season though-lol.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Tosh speaks on 19:43 - May 2 with 3876 viewsawayjack

Preston marginally - just sheer madness of hundreds of jacks on the many pit stops on route, mental atmosphere in stand probably double capacity, a mad journey home and with more stops!!

Reading had family with me, so anazing day but a little calmer than Preston!
Tosh speaks on 21:43 - May 2 with 3778 viewsBloodyhills

I think for me Preston was marginally the more exciting game but Reading was amazingly emotional as never thought we would be in the top flight again.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Tosh speaks on 22:22 - May 2 with 3727 viewsbonymine

Tosh speaks on 10:21 - May 2 by theloneranger

How the floor of stand behind the goals at Preston didn't collapse, I don't know.

You had no choice but jump up and down, the floor was bouncing 😂😂....

Made out of Sleepers I think.

What a brilliant day out!!

Edit...

My niece was 13, and has never forgotten the excitement
[Post edited 2 May 2018 10:23]

This ....

Preston was 10,000 Jacks behind the goal apparently !! Crazy days crammed in like Sardines before Hillborough etc ....I was only 16 years old what an eye opener that was my mate lost his shoe when we scored and never saw it again !!

Reading at Wembley was a totally different affair as my son captained the Swansea City team who played in the Kids Cup Final at Wembley before the game and I was driving to Gatwick Airport that night so I was living on adrenaline and nothing else (no beer at all 😂😂).

Amazing day though we had Club Wembley seats as my son was playing before the Swans what an experience that was for me .....only negative was Sue Eames not giving me Borini’s boots after I asked her for them but never mind 😂😂

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Tosh speaks on 23:56 - May 2 with 3652 viewsSwanseajill

Tosh speaks on 22:22 - May 2 by bonymine

This ....

Preston was 10,000 Jacks behind the goal apparently !! Crazy days crammed in like Sardines before Hillborough etc ....I was only 16 years old what an eye opener that was my mate lost his shoe when we scored and never saw it again !!

Reading at Wembley was a totally different affair as my son captained the Swansea City team who played in the Kids Cup Final at Wembley before the game and I was driving to Gatwick Airport that night so I was living on adrenaline and nothing else (no beer at all 😂😂).

Amazing day though we had Club Wembley seats as my son was playing before the Swans what an experience that was for me .....only negative was Sue Eames not giving me Borini’s boots after I asked her for them but never mind 😂😂

I was chatting to Sue this evening at the Awards Dinner. She mentioned that she rembered putting Borini's boots on eBay.🤔
Wyndham sang his signature tune to round off the evening, there seemed more 'jacks' there than in the past few years.

CC gave a lot of praise for the fans input, and it was a good night all round. Well done to the organisers.
Tosh speaks on 00:08 - May 3 with 3639 viewsbonymine

Tosh speaks on 23:56 - May 2 by Swanseajill

I was chatting to Sue this evening at the Awards Dinner. She mentioned that she rembered putting Borini's boots on eBay.🤔
Wyndham sang his signature tune to round off the evening, there seemed more 'jacks' there than in the past few years.

CC gave a lot of praise for the fans input, and it was a good night all round. Well done to the organisers.

Glad you had a good night Lorr 👍 as my lad played at Wembley that day I can remember calling Sue out on the way down the tunnel as we were in Club Wembley seats ....

She said the boots were already taken I hope they weren’t on eBay for personal gain whatever !!

Hope she wises up soon !!!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Tosh speaks on 00:58 - May 3 with 3598 viewsSwanseajill

Tosh speaks on 00:08 - May 3 by bonymine

Glad you had a good night Lorr 👍 as my lad played at Wembley that day I can remember calling Sue out on the way down the tunnel as we were in Club Wembley seats ....

She said the boots were already taken I hope they weren’t on eBay for personal gain whatever !!

Hope she wises up soon !!!

🙄 I made that bit up Bony.
I bet they were smelly anyway. 👟👟
Tosh speaks on 09:21 - May 3 with 3436 viewsdameedna

Everyone knew the Mahoney story. Craig and Mahoney were great players. Charles got the nod. Preston for me was more magical than Reading. I think because of the quality of players we had. Man for man that Toashack team was ahead of Laudrups best and then some more. It was only injuries that prevented a top 3 finish and with some more lucj that team could gave done a Blackburn or Leicester quite easily such was the quality.
Tosh speaks on 09:26 - May 3 with 3420 viewstrampie

Tosh speaks on 09:21 - May 3 by dameedna

Everyone knew the Mahoney story. Craig and Mahoney were great players. Charles got the nod. Preston for me was more magical than Reading. I think because of the quality of players we had. Man for man that Toashack team was ahead of Laudrups best and then some more. It was only injuries that prevented a top 3 finish and with some more lucj that team could gave done a Blackburn or Leicester quite easily such was the quality.

Yip

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Tosh speaks on 18:35 - May 3 with 3282 viewsKilkennyjack

Tosh speaks on 09:21 - May 3 by dameedna

Not for me.

Did they ever win the League Cup ?

Beware of the Risen People

Tosh speaks on 21:17 - May 3 with 3225 viewsdameedna

That teams achievement though was more sensational than Rodgers return. Top of the league at Christmas beat Ipswich away and in the run for the title. Unfortunately no silverware but that wasnt the comparison. Watching that team outplay the best sides not by defending and hoping for mistakes but by outplaying and at times out muscling the opposition, was a golden, albeit short lived era. Toshack had his faults but he certainly was a charismatic and successful manager. The decision to drop Mahoney said everything about his hunger for success. It is not a minor detail it was all over the press and a huge talking point at the time. Journalists adding some intrigue.
Tosh speaks on 22:56 - May 3 with 3178 viewsskettyparkherbert

Tosh speaks on 21:43 - May 2 by Bloodyhills

I think for me Preston was marginally the more exciting game but Reading was amazingly emotional as never thought we would be in the top flight again.

Deffo the Preston game.

Transit van full of pissed up Herberts with a mattress in the back.
After the match on to Blackpool for the night to celebrate, it was carnage there was jacks everywhere.

It was Swans first venture into the big time.
The noise and atmosphere in the north bank was incredible and i haven't experienced anything like that since. Fantastic days
Tosh speaks on 23:39 - May 3 with 3142 viewsSTID2017

Tosh speaks on 22:56 - May 3 by skettyparkherbert

Deffo the Preston game.

Transit van full of pissed up Herberts with a mattress in the back.
After the match on to Blackpool for the night to celebrate, it was carnage there was jacks everywhere.

It was Swans first venture into the big time.
The noise and atmosphere in the north bank was incredible and i haven't experienced anything like that since. Fantastic days

Was Archie Moore in that van by chance ?
Did you go to Blackpool after ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024