Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our recruitment record 12:03 - May 4 with 2328 viewslonglostjack

Has made the national press.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/04/premier-league-relegation-battl

It states what we all know, well nearly all. I hope there is some proper succession planning taking place behind the scenes because Jenkins can't be trusted with another transfer window this summer.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Our recruitment record on 12:10 - May 4 with 2295 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Some hard hitting statements there .

Which are spot on by the way

Some are blaming the fans

Bizarre

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Our recruitment record on 12:15 - May 4 with 2279 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Sums it all nicely.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Our recruitment record on 12:15 - May 4 with 2276 viewsswan65split

Cant argue with that. but some will no doubt!
Our recruitment record on 12:34 - May 4 with 2235 viewsvetchonian

SPot on,but no doubt the Jenkins supportes will be here telling us how grateful we should be for him giving us 7 seasons of PL football.
We ll yes I am thankfful BUT his manangement is what has also led to our current situation.
5 managers sacked in 4 seasons, two interim mangagers ( Curt and Leon) some terrible transfer dealings with us being in the relegation battle 3 times in 4 seasons.
Whilst yes under his stewardship we rose to the PL since.....his "luck" has run out...IT started with his appointment of Monk and allowing him to ditch Curt who HJ had insisted previously should remain as part of the coaching set up to ensure continuity ( originally this included COlin Pascoe but he was allowed to leave with Brendan) . Whilst Garry MOnk that experienced manager was allowed to sideline Curtt and operate with an inexperienced coaching team little Michael Laudrup ( who I blame for contributing to the dismantling of the "Swansea Way" whihc was not all about the style of football played on the pitch) worked with Curt.
Transfer dealings have been suspect as far back as Sousua,Trundle was never a managers signing and whilst he is a club legend hadnt made it at Championship level with Bristol City, Rory Donnelly should have been enough to tell us we had flaws with our "development "player recruitment whihc leads us to Matt Grimes and that is before we discuss Baston,Mesa,GOmis,Tabanou,.
Yes without HUw we may not be in the PL BUT he has not developed as a PL chairman....if it were a business his performance would have had him removed by now...remind me outside of the club what is his business management record?
[Post edited 4 May 2018 12:37]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Our recruitment record on 12:44 - May 4 with 2214 viewsjackjackjackjack

I'd take issue with "flawed managerial appointments". If we hadn't appointed Guidolin we'd be relegated, if we had't appointed Clement we'd be relegated, and if we hadn't appointed Carlos it was looking as if we'd be relegated, though I still think we will be.

The only appointment we should regret is Bradley, and that was the Americans doing.

The issue is recruitment, which isn't easy, obviously. It's telling that the clubs at the bottom are Stoke, West Brom and Swansea, who've been in the Premier a number of years, have built up high wage bills with the players on big wages they buy every year, but can't afford to sign 2 or 3 players a year and not play them, unlike the big 7 clubs (Everton upwards).

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Our recruitment record on 13:02 - May 4 with 2159 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Our recruitment record on 12:44 - May 4 by jackjackjackjack

I'd take issue with "flawed managerial appointments". If we hadn't appointed Guidolin we'd be relegated, if we had't appointed Clement we'd be relegated, and if we hadn't appointed Carlos it was looking as if we'd be relegated, though I still think we will be.

The only appointment we should regret is Bradley, and that was the Americans doing.

The issue is recruitment, which isn't easy, obviously. It's telling that the clubs at the bottom are Stoke, West Brom and Swansea, who've been in the Premier a number of years, have built up high wage bills with the players on big wages they buy every year, but can't afford to sign 2 or 3 players a year and not play them, unlike the big 7 clubs (Everton upwards).

"The only appointment we should regret is Bradley"

That statement baffles me. The reason we had to hire Bradley, Guidolin, Clement and Carlos is because Monk did not have the ability to manage a team using the 'philosohy' that had served us so well up until a poor few months under Laudrup, which by the way was no where near as bad as what we have seen the past few years with Bradley, Clement, and Carlos.

Monk had to change our style to get results, a style that really was not sustainable in this league for a small, financially restricted club. Ever since it has been rushed appointment after rushed appointment trying to put out fire with fire.

If reports and rumours were true, we had the opportunity to put the flames out when Rodgers was open to a return, Allen was available for £10m and we could have had this sorted within days of the season ending, paying Guidolin handsomely for his excellent job and wishing him all the best, giving Rodgers a few months to bring in the truly excellent players he clearly had on his radar which he then took to Celtic, many of which would walk in to our starting eleven every week whether some like it or not. Instead we all know how that turned out.

The appointment of Monk was the key decision that started our downfall.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Our recruitment record on 13:02 - May 4 with 2162 viewsTheResurrection

Just another so called fan weighing in against his own team.

Disgrace

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our recruitment record on 13:30 - May 4 with 2103 viewsZaxx

Just another sellout trying to justify his own ridiculous views and agendas whilst lining his own pockets.
Not a true supporter.
Just the usual facile vomit that spews from his specious ramblings and criticisms.
Login to get fewer ads

Our recruitment record on 13:32 - May 4 with 2097 viewslonglostjack

Our recruitment record on 13:02 - May 4 by TheResurrection

Just another so called fan weighing in against his own team.

Disgrace

Criticise Jenkins and you're not a fan. Right oh.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Our recruitment record on 14:09 - May 4 with 2010 viewsswan65split

The problems started under Laudrup, whatever was going on! Monk was the spark that put us on this spiral, Ive stated before lose your ambition in this league and your fooked.
We lost that a few years ago, we are atm clawing at survival if that hunger doesn't come back its only a matter of time!
Our recruitment record on 14:42 - May 4 with 1951 viewsTheResurrection

Our recruitment record on 13:32 - May 4 by longlostjack

Criticise Jenkins and you're not a fan. Right oh.

Yeah. Why don't we all do it, altogether at the same time.

And let's do it now, right before Bournemouth and Southampton.

We can write shit, negative articles and on as many media platforms as we can get access to.

Let's make absolutely sure the players and management get to hear about all this noise right before our biggest week ever.

Fack me, are you all that thick?

Stuart James fack off...!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our recruitment record on 14:44 - May 4 with 1946 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Our recruitment record on 14:09 - May 4 by swan65split

The problems started under Laudrup, whatever was going on! Monk was the spark that put us on this spiral, Ive stated before lose your ambition in this league and your fooked.
We lost that a few years ago, we are atm clawing at survival if that hunger doesn't come back its only a matter of time!

I agree about the "hunger", but sometimes it is just not enough, you also need the requisite skills.
Some of our players still have the hunger, but have never had the skills or they are fading fast.
The problem is at the top of out food chain where personal wealth has become far more important than the Club.
Our recruitment record on 15:55 - May 4 with 1826 viewsDippy

Our recruitment record on 14:42 - May 4 by TheResurrection

Yeah. Why don't we all do it, altogether at the same time.

And let's do it now, right before Bournemouth and Southampton.

We can write shit, negative articles and on as many media platforms as we can get access to.

Let's make absolutely sure the players and management get to hear about all this noise right before our biggest week ever.

Fack me, are you all that thick?

Stuart James fack off...!!

F*cking Christ.. if they can't handle the pressure of kicking a f*cking ball about.. what chance of survival do we have.

Soak up all the energy, and prove to yourselves that you're good enough to play at this level..

I've been waiting for a performance all season.. there's 11 guys on the pitch, 5 coaching staff, 5 medical staff, and 3 kit guys.. they're not entering the lion's den all alone..

I've gone into the lion's den.. (on my own)
it's about taking your chances.. and you will have them
It's about seizing initative in particular situations
And when all seems lost, you shout out at the top of your voice and scream c*nt, decide to go all mad man, and attempt to pick the game up by the scruff, and say these c*nts are having it.

But that's just me..

Poll: Cooper Out

Our recruitment record on 16:11 - May 4 with 1815 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Our recruitment record on 15:55 - May 4 by Dippy

F*cking Christ.. if they can't handle the pressure of kicking a f*cking ball about.. what chance of survival do we have.

Soak up all the energy, and prove to yourselves that you're good enough to play at this level..

I've been waiting for a performance all season.. there's 11 guys on the pitch, 5 coaching staff, 5 medical staff, and 3 kit guys.. they're not entering the lion's den all alone..

And when all seems lost, you shout out at the top of your voice and scream c*nt, decide to go all mad man, and attempt to pick the game up by the scruff, and say these c*nts are having it.

But that's just me..

Fair point that

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Our recruitment record on 16:26 - May 4 with 1774 viewsswan65split

Our recruitment record on 14:44 - May 4 by A_Fans_Dad

I agree about the "hunger", but sometimes it is just not enough, you also need the requisite skills.
Some of our players still have the hunger, but have never had the skills or they are fading fast.
The problem is at the top of out food chain where personal wealth has become far more important than the Club.

Sorry, I didn't make it quite clear. the hunger I was referring to , was "for the top"
but it looks like the hunger was taken care of by another source!
Our recruitment record on 16:26 - May 4 with 1777 viewsGlyn1

Our recruitment record on 16:11 - May 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

Fair point that

That was written by Stuart James who's usually the Guardian's reporter for our matches. He's been saying this for most of the season.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Our recruitment record on 16:32 - May 4 with 1760 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Our recruitment record on 15:55 - May 4 by Dippy

But that's just me..

You are Spartacus.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Our recruitment record on 16:56 - May 4 with 1700 viewsDippy

Our recruitment record on 16:32 - May 4 by Joe_bradshaw

You are Spartacus.

Not really.. Spartacus is fictional.. but because people watch sh*te TV depicting heroes.. in real life they tend to crumble against someone who shows specific characteristics, because their mind has been brainwashed to perceive it that way.

If i saw Spartacus on the pitch, two footed shin breaker and a few stamps off the ball when the refs not looking.. to test whether he's human.

Start to kick me, I'll start diving.. every little annoyance I'll attempt to distract their objective.

Create an opening to score or for my team mate to score..

Especially Arsenal's back four, what a bunch of deluded lot they are.. Wenger telling them for years they're going to win things doing it the right way.. putting this delusional movie type belief in their head

It's a contact sport, people forget that.. reality is different.
[Post edited 4 May 2018 22:45]

Poll: Cooper Out

Our recruitment record on 17:12 - May 4 with 1674 viewsOldjack

Our recruitment record on 12:44 - May 4 by jackjackjackjack

how is it possible to give Routs a new 4 year contract ,he was well passed his sell by date last year

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Our recruitment record on 17:26 - May 4 with 1644 viewsWingstandwood

Our recruitment record on 17:12 - May 4 by Oldjack

how is it possible to give Routs a new 4 year contract ,he was well passed his sell by date last year

Yeah decisions like that go way beyond rational comprehension and can well and truly be viewed as yet another example of Jenkins Kamikaze incompetence... Insanity! The last thing any club should do is give a contract to an underperforming thirty something.... From the moment he signed until the day he departs worse (not better!) he was going to get with each and every passing year.

Argus!

Our recruitment record on 17:37 - May 4 with 1622 viewsDr_Winston

Our recruitment record on 13:02 - May 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"The only appointment we should regret is Bradley"

That statement baffles me. The reason we had to hire Bradley, Guidolin, Clement and Carlos is because Monk did not have the ability to manage a team using the 'philosohy' that had served us so well up until a poor few months under Laudrup, which by the way was no where near as bad as what we have seen the past few years with Bradley, Clement, and Carlos.

Monk had to change our style to get results, a style that really was not sustainable in this league for a small, financially restricted club. Ever since it has been rushed appointment after rushed appointment trying to put out fire with fire.

If reports and rumours were true, we had the opportunity to put the flames out when Rodgers was open to a return, Allen was available for £10m and we could have had this sorted within days of the season ending, paying Guidolin handsomely for his excellent job and wishing him all the best, giving Rodgers a few months to bring in the truly excellent players he clearly had on his radar which he then took to Celtic, many of which would walk in to our starting eleven every week whether some like it or not. Instead we all know how that turned out.

The appointment of Monk was the key decision that started our downfall.

There's not much to argue with there, although I'd posit that Monk's decision to change our style was more a case of an ego trying to prove he knew better than his predecessor rather than one of simple incompetence.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024