Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shoot FFS .... 21:18 - May 4 with 1409 viewsbonymine

I get so frustrated when we get into threatening positions on the edge of the opponents box week after week yet we seem reluctant to ‘have a go’ and opt for the ‘safer’ pass option inside or outside instead.

I have now come across these PL season stats which show us to be BOTTOM of the PL ‘shots’ table this season with 288 shots in total but worse still we are 47 shots behind West Ham in 19th place one place above us .....shocking and most concerning aspect of our play. Man City are top with 618 shots ....full table here ;

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/total_scoring_att?se=79

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Shoot FFS .... on 21:37 - May 4 with 1366 viewsLeonWasGod

"get into threatening positions on the edge of the opponents box week after week".

Are you sure it's us you've been watching? I'd say we struggle to get into threatening positions anywhere near enough, let alone find the final ball/shot. A heat map of territory over the season would be very revealing (depressing) I reckon.
Shoot FFS .... on 21:51 - May 4 with 1343 viewsbonymine

Shoot FFS .... on 21:37 - May 4 by LeonWasGod

"get into threatening positions on the edge of the opponents box week after week".

Are you sure it's us you've been watching? I'd say we struggle to get into threatening positions anywhere near enough, let alone find the final ball/shot. A heat map of territory over the season would be very revealing (depressing) I reckon.

OK then whenever we cross the halfway line .....😂😂

Shoot FFS .... on 22:27 - May 4 with 1286 viewsLeonWasGod

Shoot FFS .... on 21:51 - May 4 by bonymine

OK then whenever we cross the halfway line .....😂😂

This season's been grim. Clement killed us off, but CC's getting pretty much like him lately. You're right, we're nowhere near direct enough when we get an opening. No consistent craft, urgency or quality to take the few chances we make. But ocassionally it clicks.

Let's hope they play the last 3 with the tempo and desire they showed in the first half against Everton. If so we'll be ok.

Feck it's nerve wracking.
Shoot FFS .... on 22:32 - May 4 with 1273 viewsbonymine

Shoot FFS .... on 22:27 - May 4 by LeonWasGod

This season's been grim. Clement killed us off, but CC's getting pretty much like him lately. You're right, we're nowhere near direct enough when we get an opening. No consistent craft, urgency or quality to take the few chances we make. But ocassionally it clicks.

Let's hope they play the last 3 with the tempo and desire they showed in the first half against Everton. If so we'll be ok.

Feck it's nerve wracking.

Yes indeed mate if we’d taken our chances against Everton first half we’d have been 3 up before they scored their spawny OG..

I’m concerned that Carlos has gone far more defensive away from home in particular like WBA if we take the game by the scruff of the neck and attack that is our strength certainly NOT defending with 5 at the back for 90 mins ..

3 points should see us safe ....it’s just one win or 3 draws simple as that 🙈🙈😂😂

Shoot FFS .... on 07:22 - May 5 with 1171 viewsLord_Bony

I agree take the shot FFS.

We need to develop more field of vision upfront and be more opportunistic the amount of lucky goals out there is unbelievable mainly through players taking the potshot and not hesitating and passing.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Shoot FFS .... on 07:33 - May 5 with 1155 viewsMrSwerve

Soton's finishing must be appalling they've had 130-odd more shots than us this season!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Shoot FFS .... on 07:41 - May 5 with 1151 viewstrampie

Its been a problem for a long time and now we have no Gylfi it could end up relegating the Swans.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024