Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just heard that BT 21:24 - May 4 with 4668 viewsmax936

Are making massive redundancies in Swansea next week

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Just heard that BT on 21:30 - May 4 with 3004 viewsjack2jack

Apparently the news was leaked in the FT, upto 6600 jobs in the next 3 years, job losses in Cardiff an Swansea, another blow to the area if true.
[Post edited 4 May 2018 21:31]
Just heard that BT on 21:32 - May 4 with 2993 viewsAndy1300

I know a few people that recently left virgin media to go to BT

not good

Number 1 team in Wales

Just heard that BT on 21:33 - May 4 with 2986 viewsLeonWasGod

Shame that if the leak is correct. Straight after the Virgin losses too . Hard times.
Just heard that BT on 21:34 - May 4 with 2978 viewsdickythorpe

Carwyn is doing a Sir Alex here isn't he? Getting out now when the writing is on the wall.
Just heard that BT on 21:58 - May 4 with 2930 viewsWingstandwood

Shocking!.. The relentless job losses in this area decade after decade since Maggie came to power..... no matter who has been running the show i.e. Westminster Conservatives, Westminster New Labour, Welsh Assembly Cardiff (not Swansea!) Labour the same sh#t happens!

Only thinking a day or two back and remembering seeing rows upon rows/ a sea of yellow G.P.O/B.T vans whilst looking down from the top of a double decker bus on the Gors Avenue route to Swansea. They've gone, that is when the rot started!

Argus!

Just heard that BT on 22:02 - May 4 with 2908 viewsSwanzay

Just heard that BT on 21:58 - May 4 by Wingstandwood

Shocking!.. The relentless job losses in this area decade after decade since Maggie came to power..... no matter who has been running the show i.e. Westminster Conservatives, Westminster New Labour, Welsh Assembly Cardiff (not Swansea!) Labour the same sh#t happens!

Only thinking a day or two back and remembering seeing rows upon rows/ a sea of yellow G.P.O/B.T vans whilst looking down from the top of a double decker bus on the Gors Avenue route to Swansea. They've gone, that is when the rot started!

Thatcher brutally decimated this area without a single sleepless night no doubt, complete bitch!
Just heard that BT on 22:04 - May 4 with 2904 viewsmajorraglan

There is no incentive for the Conservatives to relocate government departments, jobs or invest in West South West Wales because it’s either staunch Labour or Plaid whereas if they invest in marginal constituencies it may swing a few extra votes their way which could give them an extra MP. Speaking as a father of a couple of teenagers I am concerned for their prospects going forward.
Just heard that BT on 22:04 - May 4 with 2900 viewstheloneranger

They're closing down the Gors depot to build houses

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Just heard that BT on 22:17 - May 4 with 2859 viewssherpajacob

Just as well that Wales gets EU objective one funding, because the Westminster government sure as eggs won't help out.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Just heard that BT on 22:17 - May 4 with 2855 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Just heard that BT on 22:04 - May 4 by majorraglan

There is no incentive for the Conservatives to relocate government departments, jobs or invest in West South West Wales because it’s either staunch Labour or Plaid whereas if they invest in marginal constituencies it may swing a few extra votes their way which could give them an extra MP. Speaking as a father of a couple of teenagers I am concerned for their prospects going forward.

I understand your fears. Having brought two up the importance of education and qualifications is something that I worked hard with them on and feel that I should have found more ways to open their eyes. My oldest is 24 and only this year had he really tuned in to the opportunities that exist if you get good qualifications and experience. He's just got a job in Bristol where his new employer is paying for him to become a qualified accountant.
The good news is that the world is a smaller place and with the right focus and effort there are lots of opportunities for those willing to travel. Good luck with it all.
[Post edited 4 May 2018 22:20]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Just heard that BT on 23:06 - May 4 with 2764 viewsmax936

Just heard that BT on 22:17 - May 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

I understand your fears. Having brought two up the importance of education and qualifications is something that I worked hard with them on and feel that I should have found more ways to open their eyes. My oldest is 24 and only this year had he really tuned in to the opportunities that exist if you get good qualifications and experience. He's just got a job in Bristol where his new employer is paying for him to become a qualified accountant.
The good news is that the world is a smaller place and with the right focus and effort there are lots of opportunities for those willing to travel. Good luck with it all.

My lad has just moved away to work as well after gaining his degree, there was little here that offer him the rewards for all his hard work in gaining his qualifications.

Just heard that BT on 23:16 - May 4 with 2743 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Just heard that BT on 23:06 - May 4 by max936

My lad has just moved away to work as well after gaining his degree, there was little here that offer him the rewards for all his hard work in gaining his qualifications.

Well done to him and good luck.

I have a few friends with children who are doing well in Australia and Cananda on the back of good qualifications, not just degrees, but also as tradesmen.

One took a TEFL course and now is teaching English to IT professionals in China.
[Post edited 4 May 2018 23:18]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Just heard that BT on 23:17 - May 4 with 2738 viewsLord_Bony

The,job losses from Virgin,BT et al Will have a severe impact on the local economy, a bad blow for the area indeed.

Good luck to all those affected.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Just heard that BT on 23:24 - May 4 with 2714 viewsswanforthemoney

Just heard that BT on 22:04 - May 4 by theloneranger

No one will be able to buy them because no one will have a job.

I stand in the North Stand

Just heard that BT on 23:28 - May 4 with 2704 viewsswanforthemoney

Just heard that BT on 22:17 - May 4 by sherpajacob

Just as well that Wales gets EU objective one funding, because the Westminster government sure as eggs won't help out.

Well the EU funding ain’t exactly going to be the most reliable thing to fall back on, is it?

I stand in the North Stand

Just heard that BT on 23:33 - May 4 with 2692 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Just heard that BT on 22:04 - May 4 by theloneranger

Which no one can afford now there's another 800 on the dole. Makes perfect sense eh?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Just heard that BT on 23:43 - May 4 with 2673 viewsjack_lord

and there's me half way through the job interviewing process with BT

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Just heard that BT on 23:45 - May 4 with 2662 viewstheloneranger

Just heard that BT on 23:33 - May 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Which no one can afford now there's another 800 on the dole. Makes perfect sense eh?

BT have been looking to offload the land for many years, putting in different plans for the plot etc

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Just heard that BT on 23:45 - May 4 with 2662 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Just heard that BT on 23:43 - May 4 by jack_lord

and there's me half way through the job interviewing process with BT

I had an interview there a year ago for the call centre. Thank f*ck I never got in . The only downside now is that Max is my boss

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Just heard that BT on 23:51 - May 4 with 2642 viewsmax936

Just heard that BT on 23:45 - May 4 by Brynmill_Jack

I had an interview there a year ago for the call centre. Thank f*ck I never got in . The only downside now is that Max is my boss

I may review that arrangement and put you on toilet cleaning duties if you carry on, be warned

Just heard that BT on 23:57 - May 4 with 2631 viewsclloy2

Just heard that BT on 22:04 - May 4 by majorraglan

Exactly why would the Westminster conservative government do anything for Swansea and W.Wales, when it's own Labour WAG shows utter contempt for anything outside of Cardiff, after all how can we criticise the London Torries, when Welsh Labour shaft us year on year.
Remember the Labour Welsh Mantra "What's good for Cardiff is good for Wales "" !!!
You only have to look at the decisions over HS2 and tidal lagoon, why would the Westminster conservative government invest in this area, when our own WAG Labour Assembly wont do it. JUST THINK about that for one minute.
Just heard that BT on 00:03 - May 5 with 2626 viewsmax936

Just heard that BT on 23:16 - May 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

Well done to him and good luck.

I have a few friends with children who are doing well in Australia and Cananda on the back of good qualifications, not just degrees, but also as tradesmen.

One took a TEFL course and now is teaching English to IT professionals in China.
[Post edited 4 May 2018 23:18]

Cheers, he's not that far 4 hrs or so away in Horsham he came home tonight home till Sunday, he's emptied the fridge now he's taken over the Bathroom showering, he's not allowed home again

Just heard that BT on 00:08 - May 5 with 2617 viewsclloy2

Just heard that BT on 22:17 - May 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

I understand your fears and concerns. You would like to think that all our youngsters would have the opportunity to get a good career in Swansea and benefit as we have from living in a fantastic part of not only Wales but the UK. Unfortunately, there are just not the jobs to keep the talented kids here, and they are starting to relocate to Cardiff/Bristol/ London etc. Its such a shame that Swansea is dying on its feet, starved as it is of real investment and vision for growth and opportunities for the next generations.
What is really galling also is that Swansea University is starting to get a reputation for excellence across a number of disciplines, and is producing talented graduates who are sought after. Unfortunately, for the vast majority there is nothing to keep them in this area after graduating, so again the talent is being lost to more prosperous regions of the UK.
Just heard that BT on 07:34 - May 5 with 2455 viewstrampie

There is more people coming here than leaving, they tend to be old grey haired people from East of Offa's Dyke which puts a strain on our resources yet we get no money from UK central Government to compensate for this.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Just heard that BT on 08:18 - May 5 with 2402 viewsDr_Winston

Just heard that BT on 07:34 - May 5 by trampie

There is more people coming here than leaving, they tend to be old grey haired people from East of Offa's Dyke which puts a strain on our resources yet we get no money from UK central Government to compensate for this.

*citation needed*

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024